Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo (7178 Views)

Four Nigerians Win British Parliament Seats / Federal Government Orders Bodies Of Four Nigerians Executed In Indonesia / Buhari Was A Better Leader Than Obasanjo - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by DisGuy: 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2008
struggling to name decent competent leaders! with all the shout of the present on stepping down
its obvious we dont have credible/competent people to step in

i wonder what the list for the up coming elections will be like undecided
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by adamsy07: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2008
@LARUFA.

Comrade Adams Oshimole - President of NLC,
AHAHAHAHAH,I LAUGH ONLY IF You KNOW HIM MORE THAN You THINK.AM SORRY FOR OUR NATION IF IT AS TO BE HIM
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by KnowAll(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2008
My Choice will be Donald Duke, my people perish for lack of vision, Duke had a vision to turn cross river into El-dorado, you can imagine what he would have done to nigeria if the whole country was his constituent. He has vision, History has shown us vision is a pre-requisite for industrilasation. A good example was Adolf Hitler, he was man with a vision, built most of the auto-bahn in germany are still evidence today, built a car for the people - volkswagen, only failure is he bacame over ambitious and over zealous and that led to his downfall, one should not ignore some of the good leadership quality he had prior to the invasion of Poland in 1938.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by DisGuy: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2008
I reckon Donald duke will pile on the debt!

No a bad choice though

Seems like we are struggling to name FOUR CREDIBLE/CAPABLE individuals in nigeria
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by PapaBrowne(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2008
Donald Duke
Charles Soludo
Oby Ezekwesili
El-Rufai

There are many more but, but the first two obviously would be the best any day.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by davidif: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2008
Col. Abubakar Umar - Former soldier but now an Ostrich Farmer

Hillarious quote.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by llorisbhone(m): 7:39am On Feb 08, 2010
We can only pray for a better governance. Those old men are just bunch of thieves.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Kadejo(m): 8:22am On Feb 08, 2010
dat means dat u ar nt capable of ruling ur nation. I KADEJO TOKUNBO hereby says dat am ready to lead my people by GOD>s power.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by olafolarin(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
KnowAll:

My Choice will be Donald Duke, my people perish for lack of vision, Duke had a vision to turn cross river into El-dorado, you can imagine what he would have done to nigeria if the whole country was his constituent. He has vision, History has shown us vision is a pre-requisite for industrilasation. [b]A good example was Adolf Hitler, he was man with a vision, built most of the auto-bahn in germany are still evidence today, built a car for the people - volkswagen, only failure is he bacame over ambitious and over zealous and that led to his downfall, one should not ignore some of the good leadership quality he had prior to the invasion of Poland in 1938.
[/b]

Dude,you just made à very senseless Statement.Those Autobahn(Express) and Auto Industry you Talkes about was pre-hitler.
The Design for the Roads were made and its execution Started in the Weimarer Republic.Hitler founded à Party and was voted in As Leader which auotmatically Weimarer Republic but He conrinued the programs of Road,Infrastructure and Economic Development of the government He preceeded.

On Automobile Industry that Far preceeds Hitler.German Auto Building Industry started in 1800s.it blossomed at the end of that Century with Germany producing/exporting over 27 different Brands.
Hitler was Born in Austria and Lived most of His asult Life on welfare bedore joining politics.He knew nothing about German cars and Even did nothing encourage or help the Auto Industry while in Power.

Nigeria Need ambitious and Ready-to-perform Leaders like Donald Duke,Babatunde Fashola,Rotimi Amaechi and Shekarau.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by felele(m): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2010
Considering that Obj managed almost single-handedly to battle the forces of retrogression in the corridors of power to a standstill, and bearing in mind the non-performance of his much-vaunted successor, plus Obasanjo's legendary stubborness, wilyness, cunning and native intelligence, the likes of Duke would not have lasted up to a year.

From what we're seeing now, Obasanjo went in on a war-footing. Literally speaking, I can see, even from a distance, how virtually every decision is a battle, at that level!! They can't sort out power, roads, rail, oil lifting contracts, farmers' loans, education. Ministers are working at cross purposes to each other, and the civil servants are just feeding fat on the confusion.

You need a seriously bloody-minded and honest individual to make Nigeria work, and Obasanjo was it. Yar'Adua clearly is not. All the Dukes and so on will actually now confess to you that the problems of Nigeria are almost intractable and need an unbending, strong (mentally and, obviously, physically), focused, dogged, wily, crafty and honest President to solve. The person concerned MUST also command the loyalty of the military NATURALLY and understand the way the military works. IBB was right to choose Obasanjo, based on his own previous experience of Aso Rock.

On 3rd term I stand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation / Anambra One Of The Most Developed State In Nigeria / Lagos State To Review The Pension Of Retired Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.