Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari (23687 Views)

See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / Emmanuel Ikechukwu, RCCG Pastor, Declares For Presidency Under Obasanjo’s ADC / Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by 43Ronin: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
@OP a humble suggestion. Next time just put empirical evidence like charts and graphs that way your message is clear instead of reading man many..
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Nuheights(m): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by dododawa1: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
BUHARI EMEFELIE will riot in pot of Hilda
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Omoawoke: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
Can this story be told using a visualization tool
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Omoawoke: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
Nuheights:

You no fit put am for table?

The thing tire me

1 Like

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by snowball11(m): 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
fastseo:
the last administration took us back.
thriving nations like UK, USA etc are built on competence not based on quota system or turn by turn .

who knows what we are going to see in this administration

Just imagine how that incompetent almajiri drag the nation's GDP to an all time low with his dullardmatics! grin
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by ginggerxy: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
obembet:

Buhari is a waste
Your sugar daddy is a waste 😂😂😂. Him don finally leave office na truth will come out eventually. No be only igbo people dey insult buhari again?

1 Like

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Assurance2023: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Buhari didn't deserve to be a class captain and talk less about being a President.
What an opportunist that took advantage of Nigerians to eat up Nigeria to the root

1 Like

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Titogbanski: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
IS BELOW EXTRACT REALLY GENUINE ECONOMIC ANALYSIS?

Compared to the current period the Jonathan years were simply heaven

========================================================================================

Under the five-year reign of Goodluck Jonathan from May 2010 to May 2015, growth rate dropped from eight per cent to 2.31 per cent; inflation rate declined from 14.10 per cent to 7.98 per cent while unemployment slowed down from 19.70 per cent to 6.41 per cent. In comparison, the growth rate stood at 2.31 per cent during the eight years reign of Muhammadu Buhari from May 2015 to May 2023; inflation, however, spiked from 7.98 per cent to 22.22 per cent while unemployment rate increased from 6.41 per cent to 33.28 per cent.

While the official exchange rate moved from N149.99/$ to N196.95 under Jonathan, it galloped from N196.95/$ to N461.06/$ under Buhari. Under Jonathan, external reserves dropped from $37.47bn to $28.34bn while the current account balance as percentage of GDP dropped from 8.33 per cent to 0.18 per cent. The Buhari’s administration took external reserves from $28.34bn to $35.15bn while the current account balance as percentage of GDP moved from 0.18 per cent to 0.21 per cent.

Public debt as percentage of GDP, revenue as percentage of GDP and expenditure as percentage of GDP moved from 8.79 per cent to 12.42 per cent, 5.60 per cent to 3.60 per cent and 7.57 per cent to 4.57 per cent respectively under Jonathan. Under Buhari, it moved from 12.42 per cent to 22.85 per cent, 3.60 per cent to 2.62 per cent and 4.57 per cent to 6.62 per cent respectively.

Jonathan took the money supply-GDP ratio from 22.29 per cent to 22.65 per cent, MPR from six per cent to 13 per cent and Equities Market Cap as percentage of GDP from 11.48 per cent to 12.73 per cent. On the other hand, Buhari moved the money supply-GDP ratio to 24.84 per cent from 22.65 per cent, MPR to 18.50 per cent from 13 per cent and Equities Market Cap as percentage of GDP to 13.79 per cent from 12.73 per cent.
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by FrankAkowe: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
I want to believe things will get beter.
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by obembet(f): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
ginggerxy:
Your sugar daddy is a waste 😂😂😂. Him don finally leave office na truth will come out eventually. No be only igbo people dey insult buhari again?

I never support Buhari from day 1, go and check all my comment so far
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by fastseo: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
snowball11:

Just imagine how that incompetent almajiri drag the nation's GDP to an all time low with his dullardmatics! grin
honestly the man was a big mistake and the whole of Nigeria will keep paying for making such mistakes for years to come.

The best president we had was OBJ

1 Like

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by AfonjaConehead: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
It's so sad..the north has and is forever Nigeria's problem.

The sad thing is,the YMM sophisticated maarrraans deceived and brainwashed by the caliphate are the only problem we have in the south
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Yomit71(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
ShenTeh:

Who assured you that if it gets 'worser' under Tinubu as you wish, that you would come out alive? Who promised you?
Argue with reasonable people only wink
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Greattie08: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I don't care how it fared under the rest

But one thing am sure of and I want is for it to get worse for us under tinubu if at all the court will not sack him since we don't want to stop stepping into the polling unit without sentiment and tribalism

Una never see anything....

You know the funny thing i carried out a survey and found out that we way dey step into the poling unit without tribalism na we actually get money for this country
Please if any nairaland members think am lying then do your own survey here on nairaland and at your area at home you will see what am talking

Oga, you no make any sense at all... are you expecting things to get worse-off so that you can av a point to prove your accurate?

only fools think RETARDEDLY [/b]like this your thinking... you av forgotten that you av children and you will grand children who will all suffer in it...

So far, the President have done impressively which means, he need your support and mine to conquer more territories for our Nation... do not behave irrationally that because your candidate did not win, then, everything must collapse.... that is patriotism. If your candidate eventually win in Court, assuming and other aggrieved candidates did not join hands to support him in Nation building, how will you and your other colleagues feel... [b]

A NEW NIGERIA CAN ONLY BE BIRTHED IF ONLY WE HAVE A NEW
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Greattie08: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

But one thing am sure of and I want is for it to get worse for us under tinubu if at all the court will not sack him since we don't want to stop stepping into the polling unit without sentiment and tribalism

You know the funny thing i carried out a survey and found out that we way dey step into the poling unit without tribalism na we actually get money for this country
Please if any nairaland members think am lying then do your own survey here on nairaland and at your area at home you will see what am talking

Oga, you no make any sense at all... are you expecting things to get worse-off so that you can av a point to prove your accurate?

only fools think [b]RETARDEDLY [/b]like this your thinking... you av forgotten that you av children and you will grand children who will all suffer in it...

So far, the President have done impressively which means, he need your support and mine to conquer more territories for our Nation... do not behave irrationally that because your candidate did not win, then, everything must collapse.... that is patriotism. If your candidate eventually win in Court, assuming and other aggrieved candidates did not join hands to support him in Nation building, how will you and your other colleagues feel... [b]
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Greattie08: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

[b
only fools think ]RETARDEDLY [/b]like this your thinking... you av forgotten that you av children and you will grand children who will all suffer in it...

So far, the President have done impressively which means, he need your support and mine to conquer more territories for our Nation... do not behave irrationally that because your candidate did not win, then, everything must collapse.... that is patriotism. If your candidate eventually win in Court, assuming and other aggrieved candidates did not join hands to support him in Nation building, how will you and your other colleagues feel...

A NEW NIGERIA CAN ONLY BE BIRTHED IF ONLY WE HAVE A NEW
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Greattie08: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

[b
only fools think ]RETARDEDLY [/b]like this your thinking... you av forgotten that you av children and you will grand children who will all suffer in it...

A NEW NIGERIA CAN ONLY BE BIRTHED IF ONLY WE HAVE A NEW HEART
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by agabaI23(m): 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
Whoever wrote this is trying very much to make Buhari look good with half truths and outright lies.

You compared parallel market exchange rate under Jonathan to official exchange rate under Buhari. How smart?

You stated that growth rate remained at 2.31% under Buhari ignoring the years of recession.

I just read the Jonathan portion and I felt someone wants to rewrite history deliberately.
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by obembet(f): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
ginggerxy:

I never support Buhari from day 1, go and check all my comment so far kiss kiss
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by ShenTeh(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Yomit71:

Argue with reasonable people only wink

Noted boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by airsaylongcome: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
7upnigeria:

We will never have such again, but the problem is that Northern Presidents are usually a DOWNGRADE to southern Presidents. Tinubu will do great but the Northern that will takeover from him "is the issue"

In 2014, I wanted Buba Marwa/Fashola to run. Marwa may have his flaws but that man is a go-getter. Shame that he'd be "too old" to run at the next vacancy for the north. Kwakwanso may not be so bad, but who knows.
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Godsonkemz(m): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
Obasanjo was the best president Nigeria ever had, Obi would have been the second if INEC had allowed him have his mandate.

1 Like

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by banku: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
Honestly, I do not know why people take this guy shouting niggarr every minute seriously. It is a cool slang for him.

You think he really knows what is called ni......?
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by airsaylongcome: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Svoboda:

The harm obj brought to the manufacturing sector will reverberate for decades, but a lot of thr woke youth won't have known that. The real sector disease we are suffering today was exacerbated by objs government.

I guess these things are tradeoffs. I'm not conversant with the Manufacturing sector and the damage the Obj regime did there. I'd be happy if you can point me to references I can read up. But no matter how bad his regime was, opening up the telco sector was a huge gain. It enabled a lot of other service industries of you ask me

2 Likes

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by grandstar(m): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
I would have preferred stats provided by economists.

For instance, they chose to use the official exchange rate which does not give a true picture of the Naira's voice. The parallel rate would have been much better.

1 Like

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by FireUpNow(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Svoboda:

Buhari lost control of the economy when kemi adeosun left as finance minister.
He couldn't find a capable replacement after her? Laughable
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by Hexodus: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ok
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by seeker121(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Exactly my thoughts but I believe Nigerians would have learn a lots from Bubu,they will carefully check his antecedents. If anyone is coming from North he should be a Liberal Muslim.
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by seeker121(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
It is too early to judge him calm down even your Obi can't turn Nigeria to Paradise overnight.
Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by ba7man(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Buhari's regime Was plagued by

(1) Record low oil prices that resulted in 2 recessions.

(2) A depleted National reserves due to the mass looting by the GEJ administration which left little to no funds to defend the naira.

(3) Record low oil output production due to rise in Pipeline vandalism and bombings (Remember Niger Delta Avengers)

(4) Covid-19

(5) 2 Lockdowns due to Covid-19.

(6) The ill adviced Naira consfication by Godwin Emefiele. I'll blame Buhari for this one for not vetting the idea properly.

I'm surprised Nigeria Was able to survive these challenges which I'm sure GEJ would never have been able to navigate.

.......or you can just stew in ignorance and blame Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari by 7upnigeria: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
seguno2:

Like he did in Lagos where nothing was achieved since 1999 with all the revenue and loans he had? Or you know that every building has water in Lagos, 24 years after Tinubu and APC reckless looting

That's your opinion, talk is cheap. It's very easy to sit down behind your keyboard and say whatever you like when you've never managed public resources before AND MAY NEVER MANAGE ONE FOREVER.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Budget Fails Integrity Test, Says Senate / #Amaechitapes: Reno Omokri Released Part 5 Of Ameachi Audio Tape / Buhari's 60th Independence Day Speech, A Slap On Nigerians – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.