Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Meditation - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditation (7670 Views)

Insights Into My Meditation - Podcasts By Moyosore Ola-oludiya / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Meditation on The Omnipresence Of The Christ Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27
Vajrapani
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. We all have clouds above us but some see their silver linings. We all face difficulties but some of us are grateful that they aren't worse.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:08pm On Apr 27
The well bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:19pm On Apr 27
It is what we fear that happens to us.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:29pm On Apr 27
The heart was made to be broken.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:36pm On Apr 27
Indeed I have always been of the opinion that hard work is simply the refuge of people who have nothing to do.
Re: Meditation by Luna65: 1:31pm On Apr 28
The physical world is very limiting. It's like a maze that you're stuck in—and a very small maze. The way out of the maze is the subtle physical. When you become aware that you're not just the pair of shoes you're wearing but you're a whole body, you become conscious that you have an entirely different self, which is light, which is free to travel throughout the universes, beyond time itself, then you're not really trapped by what happens to your physical body or what occurs to you in your physical life. In your physical life you can be working at your job and working at a computer terminal and talking to your boss or your employees, but at the same time while you're doing that you can be in a meditative state and be having experiences in other realities and universes, in and through your subtle physical body. Just as when you work at a factory—whe

1 Like

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:32pm On Apr 28
The physical world is very limiting. It's like a maze that you're stuck in—and a very small maze. The way out of the maze is the subtle physical. When you become aware that you're not just the pair of shoes you're wearing but you're a whole body, you become conscious that you have an entirely different self, which is light, which is free to travel throughout the universes, beyond time itself, then you're not really trapped by what happens to your physical body or what occurs to you in your physical life. In your physical life you can be working at your job and working at a computer terminal and talking to your boss or your employees, but at the same time while you're doing that you can be in a meditative state and be having experiences in other realities and universes, in and through your subtle physical body. Just as when you work at a factory—whe
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:43pm On Apr 28
As you meditate more and more you'll become more conscious of the subtle physical awareness. The subtle physical awareness is very important. Without the subtle physical we do not exist in this world. If the subtle physical is weak, we're weak. If the subtle physical is strong, we're strong. If we're not aware of the subtle physical, then we're locked into the physical world of desire, pain, frustration, transitory happiness and pleasure.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28
The world we live in is not conducive to the existence of the subtle physical, in a sense. In ages past, in this world, the vibratory energies were more conducive to a healthy subtle physical. Not only were there less people on the planet, with less energy waves, but just the vibratory energies of this universe were very, very different. It was a different time, a different era. This is in past yugas, past cycles of existence. So people lived to be very, very old, thousands of years, because the subtle physical was maintained. You might say the energy of the earth was more healing and more nurturing. But as times change, which times tend to do, and the cycle of history ensued, we've dropped through a succession of ranges of consciousness. The level of consciousness of most people of the earth right now is very low. All those energies affect the subtle physical bodies and damage them, and therefore people don't live for as long a period of time, nor as happily as they used to.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:49pm On Apr 28
Most people are aware of only the physical. They're born, they grow up, they marry, they have children, they age, they die, they have experiences. Their subtle physical experiences are mainly limited to their dreams when they dream at night or whenever they're asleep. When you meditate, you're changing your structural awareness of reality. You're becoming conscious of the subtle physical. The following remarks, then, after our brief scan of the subtle physical, are more directly aimed at a person, or directly aimed at a person who meditates and who is seeking enlightenment. If you wish to attain liberation, or you wish to attain a position of service —you're interested in aiding others in their liberation—then you are a spiritual seeker. Then you are going to go through the stages of development that create enlightenment. You're going to move beyond all weather patterns to the light of the superconscious, which is our true self. But you will become conscious of it. It's inevitable. You can do this slowly or quickly. It's entirely up to you. You must, first of all, bring your physical life together. If your physical life is causing you tremendous pain, then it is going to detract from your awareness of the higher realities. In the physical world we will always be distracted to a certain ex

1 Like

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:52pm On Apr 28
In the physical world we will always be distracted to a certain extent by our careers, relationships and so on. But you shouldn't spend too much time on the physical. If you do, you'll short-circuit your awareness. So take the time to organize your life, as I've described on previous tapes. Take your time; pick a good career; don't be afraid to go back to school, spend a few years so that for the rest of your life you'll be in a good career, you'll earn the amount of money you need to exist the way you want to. Have some nice friends, take time to develop them, have a good place to live, work out all the basics: a good car, whatever you need. Be conscious of security, all the different things that one has to have living and working in the world. Even out your physical. Do it right. If you have relationships that are destructive and drawing energy from you, eliminate them. Start to meet new people at the meditation centers and so on, or just wherever you meet them.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28
You should try to have contact with someone who's enlightened not only outwardly, but inwardly. Tap into them whenever you can. Draw light from them. That's what they're there for. They're like tremendous generators. The more you draw, the more you have. Each of us has to draw light in a different way. Someday when you become advanced in your spirituality you won't necessarily draw light through a person, or a persona that we call an enlightened being, you'll draw light directly from the source. Just as an infant has to take— the infant takes nourishment from its mother in the beginning, then eventually it can eat independently—so we draw light from a spiritual teacher to start with. It's easier that way. Then eventually we can just draw light directly from the superconscious, and then we realize that we are nothing but light, and then we realize that we don't even exist, and then there's no realization, it all goes away. The cycle ends. And a new cycle begins.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28
Close your eyes babe.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:21pm On Apr 28
Agni.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:37am On Apr 29
The selling price formula is:

Selling Price = Cost Price + Profit Margin

Cost price is the price a retailer paid for the product. The profit margin is a percentage of the cost price.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29
I think I'm pretty good at long run expectations, but I don't think I'm good at short-term wobbles. I don't have the faintest idea what's going to happen short term.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:53pm On Apr 29
If you’re going to invest in stocks for the long term, or real estate, of course, there are going to be periods when there's a lot of agony and other periods when there's a boom. I think you just have to learn to live through them.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:04pm On Apr 29
A lot of smart people think they’re way smarter than they are, and therefore they do worse than dumb people. And it’s very common to be utterly brilliant and think you’re way the hell smarter than you are.”
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:14pm On Apr 29
It's natural for people to think their own civilization and their own nation is better than everybody else, but everybody can't be better than everybody else.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29
Hanuman.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:53am On May 05
Mental.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 2:43pm On May 05
WordImage.
Re: Meditation by HeatSeeker(m): 3:02pm On May 07
What do you know about the kuber mantra?
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:28am On May 09
We will die.

1 Like

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:56am On May 12
Now, I'll do an experiment with you. This is something unique. I've never done this before. Today is the 22nd of March, 1983, and I'm sitting here in my home. It's about 12 after eight in the evening. The sun has already set. This time and this place that I am in right now will always exist. Each moment of time exists eternally. While we move from moment to moment, the moments that we pass by always exist somewhere. So this moment will always exist. And the tape that you're listening to will remind you of this moment because it was crystallized—this tape is a photograph of this moment. Now, what I'm going to do is show you how the occult body works. I could talk to you for hours about the occult body or if you came and saw me meditate or went out into the desert with me, you could see it a little bit. But it's not necessary. I can show you the occult body and the influence of the occult body from where you're sitting listening, and that's what I'm going to do right now. Because all time is divisible. In other words, it doesn't really matter when you listen to this, if it's two days after I make the tape, if it's a hundred years hence. The occult body that I'm going to be using will be available as long as this tape is available. What I'd like you to do is just for a moment, unless you're driving an automobile, in which case you can just kind of listen along—just sit up nice and straight, don't lie down and close your eyes. Do this now, if you would be so kind. Now what I'm going to do is reach out and touch you with my occult body. I'm not going to touch your skin or your body, but I'm going to go inside your being. You're going to feel a variety of different sensations, perhaps see something, perhaps not. What I'd like you to do is to close your eyes—this will work best if you're alone, but it'll work anyway—and just be very still and listen to my voice. Your eyes should be closed at this point. Now what I'm doing right now, through all time, beyond time, is reaching out with the occult body. It's a body of beautiful light and I'm reaching inside your being, and you should be able to feel me reaching right inside your being, feel me going right up and down your spine, and I'm turning you. That is to say, I'm taking a higher level of attention, and I'm spinning it inside you. And you can literally feel a shifting. Now, just listen. We're going to have a moment of silence on the tape while I do this, and you just feel what I'm doing. [Several seconds of silence on tape.] Now that I've done that, which is kind of preparation, I'd like you to open your eyes for a moment and just look around you. And as you look around you, I'm going to play with the colors of your room a little bit, with the intensities and the hues, the brightness. Again, if you're driving, my friend, please keep your eyes on the road. You may see some unusual things on the road, but keep your mind on your driving. OK, a moment of silence again. I'm going to play with what you see around you. Don't look too hard. Don't fixate. Don't try and "look" at anything. Gaze. Just relax your eyes a little bit, just gaze. I'm not hypnotizing you; it's not necessary. I'm just reaching out with my occult body. It's sort of like in the phone ad where they say, "Reach out and touch someone.” Here we go. [Several seconds of silence on tape.] Very good. I've just changed your level of attention. I've demonstrated to you that there is no time. I've made a transference through my occult body to yours, which will help you. It will raise your energy level. It may heal certain parts of your being that you had problems with. You see, I, like all spiritual teachers, am always available. Whether we're in the body or out, there's always someone here, if you reach out to us to help you. We're beings of light, as are you, it's just that we're conscious of it and we can use that light a little more strongly. You'll be able to do that one day too. But this simple demonstration of power is to show you about the occult. It's very difficult to talk about; I find it much easier to show you. You'll notice at the end of this tape that you will feel very, very different than you did in the beginning. Also, one last thing I'll do for you. This is an unusual tape, I admit. The next time you go to sleep, or within the next few times, if you would like that to happen, I will visit you in dreaming. If you listen to this tape particularly before you fall asleep, or as you fall asleep, it will help you synchronize your being with mine, and I'll visit you in dreaming and I'll tell you some interesting things about yourself. And maybe I'll take you flying with me. In the other realms. You see, as an occultist, I have nothing that I can tell you. As a spiritual teacher, I can tell you a great deal. But when I practice occultism, higher occultism, when I help you gain enlightenment through that, there's very little I can say. I can show you, but I don't have much that I can say. And as I'm talking right now again, of course, I'm showing you, I'm reaching out. Not through the tape, the tape is a mere medium. The tape is like a crystal. You look inside it and you see it reflects something, it refracts it. Let us just say I'm making you aware of my occult body and I'm giving you a little practical demonstration. Here I'm going to put my finger—right—on—the back of your neck. Right there. And I'm now bringing the kundalini energy right in through your spine, from the top down. You can feel it flowing right down. Now I’m letting go. This is mysticism. And I think you've had enough for one tape.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:57am On May 12
Om
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:58am On May 12
The ultimate spiritual teacher is life.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:18pm On May 12
And you should always seek not to be around those who have less knowledge than you. You may feel better, you won't be threatened, you won't have to do anything and everyone will admire you. But between you and me, let's face it, you know you still have a long way to go, and I know that too. And if you fight against that, then you'll be unhappy. If you accept that with humility, then you'll grow and you'll remember why you started all of this. But you definitely cannot fool me. I know, I've done everything that you've done. I've gotten stuck in all the places one can get stuck, made the mistakes, had incarnations of delay and then learned the way, remembered it again. There's nothing you can do that's wrong, but you can delay your progress and your happiness or the happiness of those you could help and reach if you wouldn't be so stuck on yourself. So the false teachers set up cults, they have people worship them. They say, "I am the guru, I am God, and I can do no wrong! I am a perfectly enlightened being! Everything I say is wisdom! I am above maya!” Only fools talk this way. No one is above maya, not even the enlightened.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:24pm On May 14
by Rama ~ Dr. Frederick Lenz I like computers. I’ve got a few of them, and I keep them around the house. Sometimes they’re turned on, sometimes they’re turned off. I like them as much when they’re off as when they’re on. I just like computers. They’re like pets -- but you don’t have to feed them too much, a little electricity once in a while. But they’re nice. Sometimes I get different ones just because I like the way they look. They’re just fun to have around the house. I like their aura. I like their energy. I like the energy of computers. Computer science is very interesting from an occultist’s point of view because it has to do with zeros and ones -- it has to do with analysis. In order to experience enlightenment, in order to be enlightened, to be enlightenment, in order to raise into upper gradients of pure celestial light, it is necessary to refine the mind completely. The issue is style. There is style in fashion, but there is style in states of mind. Some people are
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:36pm On May 14
It’s through refinement. It’s by developing a sense of style. I would say that style is the opposite of mediocrity. Mediocrity implies a lack of exactness -- colors run together and get kind of gray, you see? Style, on the other hand, implicit in it is a certain awareness of not only what style is, but an ability to extract from the vast multitude of things, those things which are brightest.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:37pm On May 14
Buddhists spend a great deal of time working on and refining their minds. Because once the mind is properly refined, it will automatically select the right states of mind. It just happens by itself. What’s necessary is just to refine the mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Inside The Healing School Of Christ Embassy / Pastor Chris Okotie: I Would Have Died Long Time Ago-i Was Poisoned / Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.