Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:11 PM

For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. (5213 Views)

Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC / Dokpesi: Atiku Will Vacate Office After 4 years For President Of SE Extraction / Rapid Urbanization And Expansion Of SE Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by aswani(m): 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Someone politely asked that what had Igbos done to deserve the hate filled comments from some section of Nigeria and what was the response?

The op knew what he was doing starting this thread.

He knows full well that most people have a problem with Obidients and not Igbos.

He knows himself that Obidients have been needlessly aggressive on social media since Peter Obi declared his ambitions to run for Presidency.

He also knows their toxicity rose to the highest level when Peter Obi beat Tinubu in Lagos state and he knows the group that was directed at.

By the way, thanks to Obidients, poor Chinedu Gbadebo's political career is now dead on arrival, in Lagos state at least even though he himself has his own issues.

The op knows the answer to their question, no one hates Igbos as a group. However, a lot of people detests Obidients.

Is there a crossover between both groups, yes. Having said that, the op is trying to be smart and needlessly so.

1 Like

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
ogunijebu18:

Can you name one thing Igbo has done that Yoruba hasn’t done?

This is a very poignant question. Is there any sphere of life or human endeavour where yorubas are not excelling? This disdain igbos have for yorubas still amazes me, because what do you have that we don't have (apart from an extreme propensity for chest-beating and self-deceit of course grin grin)?

2 Likes

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by sokeril: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
Basic123:

And when others Imbibe it as a culture too you will cry foul!

That is the problem people have with you!,you will me using Canada,London etc as examples and models of how lagos,kano and other people should tolerate others by selling their land, giving out positions to non tribemen but you will be protecting your own heritage. Igbo land should be like a model to lagos and yorubaland by extension

Who told you its not a taboo to sell ones father land in the olden days in Yorubaland too?..yorubas only evolved, and instead of appreciating the evolution that favours you ,you pass derogatory remarks on them.

Rubbish!
So they should thank you for selling your land.
SMH.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by sokeril: 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Basic123:

GOD BLESS YOU.

Permit me to copy ans save your write up for future replies ans enlighten foolish yorubas.

Thanks alot

As regard to your 6th to the last paragraph. Do you know that orji uzor kalu has stepped down for yari and to take position of senate president?...do you remember how he chickened out of primary to start supporting Ahmad Lawal?

You know how Peter obi ran away from Atiku...
Politicians are always after their own primordial interests. That’s why they are politicians.
So how did the actions of Orji kalu a single politician became what should be used to judge millions of Igbo people.
You’re a sick human being and you need help.
See what you are letting politics and reading rubbish on nairaland turn you to. So basically because you’re Yoruba you have automatically become better than Igbo. Yet black are always crying of racism when we are not better.
It’s a thing with most Tinubu supporters in SW. Igbo hate. As a Yoruba person myself the Igbo obsession is becoming a real disgust.
On top politicians wey no send una
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Brek: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
Musrataman:

How old are you?
Igbo is hated in Ghana, south African, Asia, everywhere and you make it look like it is only in Nigeria.

You make me laugh
Ghanians hate every single Nigerians irrespective of their tribe
In Asia once you've seen as a black you're treated as a black
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by sokeril: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
Belafonte:

Land in yorubaland wasn't inherited? It was a gift from angels? Do you know the meaning of omo onile /omonile? grin grin

The more you people speak, the more your wicked existence is exposed. You guys are disgusting. Your dishonesty and sophistry has given you away. Now I firmly believe that this victim complex you guys always display is your own strategy, but I assure you it won't work
I’m a Yoruba person and you don’t speak for me.
People like you can never progress in life because your life is full of hate.
A Tiger on social media,especially when it comes to Igbo issue.
A jobless hopeless full in real life who can’t afford 2 square meals.
If we ask you has any Igbo person hurt you beyond the rubbish you read on the media you will be foolishly waving your hands.
Have you even be to Igbo land before I’m sure you haven’t.
Majority are pro Tinubu and not pro Yoruba. Cos only tinubu supporters in sw seem to have these weird obsession with anything Igbo.
Better cure yourself of unnecessary hate because of a politician who will not be in office forever.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2023
sokeril:

I’m a Yoruba person and you don’t speak for me.
People like you can never progress in life because your life is full of hate.
A Tiger on social media,especially when it comes to Igbo issue.
A jobless hopeless full in real life who can’t afford 2 square meals.
If we ask you has any Igbo person hurt you beyond the rubbish you read on the media you will be foolishly waving your hands.
Have you even be to Igbo land before I’m sure you haven’t.
Majority are pro Tinubu and not pro Yoruba. Cos only tinubu supporters in sw seem to have these weird obsession with anything Igbo.
Better cure yourself of unnecessary hate because of a politician who will not be in office forever.

Receive healing aburo grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by sokeril: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
Belafonte:

Receive healing aburo grin grin grin
Let the healing starts from you. No human is better than another either by virtue of race or tribe.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
Musrataman:

How old are you?
Igbo is hated in Ghana, south African, Asia, everywhere and you make it look like it is only in Nigeria.

Am sure you don't want me to reply this. As we all know the reason behind the "hate"
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
Mankindman:
In your deep mind, have you ever reflected on what the igbos , the children of hate post on Nairaland against the president of Nigeria?
How they blackmail the Yorubas?
How they instigate the Nairaland moderators to ban our E-warrior compatriots that stood for PBAT?
No room for the enemies of Nigeria.
No room for the children of Oluchi of Alaigbo.
You ain't see anything.
You will all flee from Yoruba land by the time we are done with you.
Our patriotic E-warriors are ready for the children of Alaigbo.

What have we posted on nairaland when you compare it to what some people did posted and said about Jonathan.

The opposition during Jonathan started all these politics of insult and media war. And it continued Into buhari time. So if anyone insults the presidency, just know the people who removed Jonathan from power started it.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
Belafonte:
What have igbos done wrong?

Disrespect for other peoples' beliefs and way of life. Period. You people see yourselves and your ways as superior and it informs your attitudes and communication towards others. You lack regard for other people's customs and cultures and even their heritage, eg, "we developed Lagos" "na we get Lagos".

Yorubas might not say anything when you spout such grating drivel and we won't forget, but we will remind you when a Chinedu wants to contest for governorship of Lagos.

Do you know that, I, a yoruba man travelled outside Lagos (my place of primary residence) to vote Obi? And I regretted that act before the end of election day. Why? Because when Obi won Tinubu in Lagos, we started hearing all sorts of nonsense like "we go take Lagos from them" grin. Una papa. Wetin una wan take? That is why Chinedu was roundly defeated in Lagos.

I promise you, a lot of yorubas who voted for Sanwo Olu voted for Obi and would have cast their votes for Chinedu if you and your people had the little thing called respect.

I can beat my chest and say that I am a detribalised Nigerian but I'm not so detribalised that I'm ignorant of igbo ways of disrespect, both overt and covert.

You fell for politicians tactics. They saw that they lost in Lagos. They have to deploy tribalism in other not to loose the governorship.

Same what they did during end SARS. When the north wanted to join the end SARS movement, the politicians now claimed that the protest is aimed at removing buhari from power. That made the north not to join the protest. Next they now claimed that igbos are destroying Lagos with the end SARS movement. How is that even possible for the igbos to organise and cause that massive destruction that Lagos witnessed. But the politicians knows our weaknesses and they used it against us.

Now just be watching from now onwards, when ever the politicians want to divide the people in other to achieve their aim, they will bring in tribalism. Just mark this post.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
Musrataman:

Which normal Nigerian will buy land in south east

Because the majority of Una type are not industrious. Go to d east, plenty tribes get property all over the place and they are doing fine.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
Belafonte:

Oh, so now that it's your turn to be stereotyped you can make the distinction between some igbos for and against an agenda, but when it comes time for igbos to stereotype other tribes you can freely profile all members of one tribe under a certain agenda? Can you now see that you're deceiving yourselves grin. You guys are comedians. If all Nigerians hate igbos according to you and your brothers, then by your very own logic you all are terrorists and terrorist sympathisers. Capisce? grin grin grin

I no understand u.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ajagunakin:
See this idiot, how can you target Yorubas in southeast when there aren’t Yorubas there? Oponu

Lol... If you knw the number of Yoruba in South East, you will be shocked.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shigishege2:
na only u get ancestral lands othera wey u dey buy thier own no get.

Can you show me where the Igbos forced any one to sell his land. Whether the land is ancestral or not.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
lwisee:

They should stop playing the victim/innocent card.
We all saw how they tried to take over Lagos,how they disrespect their host,calling Lagos no mans land.
We dont hate Igbos but Igbos have deep hatred for other tribes with passion.
I was in church today and we practically sang Igbo song all through the servcie.
An Igbo church in the East will never sing Yoruba song in their church.
Even Igbo churches in Lagos hardly sing Yoruba songs.
I remember the case of a Catholic Reverend Father in Ikorodu who accuse the choir of always singing Igbo song.
He told them that Catholic churches in the East will never sing a Yoruba song,it became a serious issue then.

Below is the link to corroborate my statement:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/510385-church-suspends-priest-for-banning-igbo-song-during-mass.html?tztc=1

Let's be realistic with each other. How is it possible that igbos can take over Lagos.

How? Can you tell me how that can be achieved. When politicians bring in tactics to divide the citizens, the poor masses will just carry it on their head.

The church issue is what I don't understand. But if u look at it critically, majority of catholics in Nigeria are Igbos. And if you are a Catholic or if u can ask a friend who is a Catholic that will tell you the truth, you will know that aside from English, most hyms that the Catholic sing in church are Igbo hymns translated or written by Igbos. Even some of the youruba hymns where written by Igbos. Ask any catholic choir member of Jude Name, this man wrote almost 60% of the hymns we sing in Catholic church in Nigeria majority of wch are Igbo hymns.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
sokeril:

Let the healing starts from you. No human is better than another either by virtue of race or tribe.

Why are you arguing with yourself young man?
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2023
Rich4god:

I no understand u.

Of course grin grin

1 Like

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Rich4god:

Lol... If you knw the number of Yoruba in South East, you will be shocked.

Yet they haven't declared igbolqnd no man's land? Wonderful

2 Likes

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Darkcloud11(m): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
Lol chinua achibe predicted everything happening in the south east today in his novel "arrow of God" a lot of eloquent but foolish Igbo men have led the tribe astray, just like eweka eloquence doesn't all the time denote sense,mnk and PO were eloquent men but foolish men in their methods and strategies, very few Ibo men are wise enough to see the damage this men have done

1 Like

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by sokeril: 9:11am On Jun 17, 2023
Belafonte:

Why are you arguing with yourself young man?
Heal,old man.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 9:55am On Jun 17, 2023
Belafonte:

Yet they haven't declared igbolqnd no man's land? Wonderful

Plz tell me the igbo man that declared Lagos or any yoruba land "a no man's land"...

Give me a name.

Even if I as an Igbo man start shouting that we want to conquer Lagos, is that even possible.

There are Oba of yoruba in almost all states in Nigeria, yet the indigenes of those state dont have care about them.
But you guys will always want to roar when ever igbos want to install and EZE.

Mind you, in Igbo land, We have IGWE of "place" but out side Igbo land, "EZE NDI IGBO" of a state. Literally translated as KING OF IGBOs in the state. Please tell me whats the issue with that.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by aswani(m): 10:14am On Jun 17, 2023
Rich4god:

Plz tell me the igbo man that declared Lagos or any yoruba land "a no man's land"....

Rich4god, type those words in the search faciitiy provided by Nairaland and look at the User profiles of the person.

Go to twitter, I am not on there so I can't tell you how to search for text, you will see myriad examples of Obidients of igbo extraction using those words.

Let's not kid ourselves, these things are not hard to find. Same as looking for Yorùbá's using words like "Ohsuu, Afghaneeasstan, flaatheads" etc. Something I don't agree with.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by sokeril: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2023
aswani:

Rich4god, type those words in the search faciitiy provided by Nairaland and look at the User profiles of the person.

Go to twitter, I am not on there so I can't tell you how to search for text, you will see myriad examples of Obidients of igbo extraction using those words.

Let's not kid ourselves, these things are not hard to find. Same as looking for Yorùbá's using words like "Ohsuu, Afghaneeasstan, flaatheads" etc. Something I don't agree with.

Go to Twitter?
Lol why you can’t you bring proof? You can’t so you resorted to go to Twitter.
Someone will wake up in the morning and decide all he want to do is engage in senseless tribal wars that laughably do not even add any sort of value to him.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by sokeril: 10:18am On Jun 17, 2023
Rich4god:

Plz tell me the igbo man that declared Lagos or any yoruba land "a no man's land"...

Give me a name.

Even if I as an Igbo man start shouting that we want to conquer Lagos, is that even possible.

There are Oba of yoruba in almost all states in Nigeria, yet the indigenes of those state dont have care about them.
But you guys will always want to roar when ever igbos want to install and EZE.

Mind you, in Igbo land, We have IGWE of "place" but out side Igbo land, "EZE NDI IGBO" of a state. Literally translated as KING OF IGBOs in the state. Please tell me whats the issue with that.
Stop opening useless threads up and down bringing ridicule to your tribe.
Nairaland has gone to the dogs,one can’t even have any decent conversation here again without you fools resorting to tribal arguments.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 10:21am On Jun 17, 2023
aswani:

Gv me your authentic proof that an Igbo man called Lagos a "No man's land" or where the igbo generally said that they will conquer Lagos. Am still waiting.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2023
sokeril:

Stop opening useless threads up and down bringing ridicule to your tribe.
Nairaland has gone to the dogs,one can’t even have any decent conversation here again without you fools resorting to tribal arguments.

So its me you are blaming now.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by DDDDDav: 10:24am On Jun 17, 2023
Belafonte:
What have igbos done wrong?

Disrespect for other peoples' beliefs and way of life. Period. You people see yourselves and your ways as superior and it informs your attitudes and communication towards others. You lack regard for other people's customs and cultures and even their heritage, eg, "we developed Lagos" "na we get Lagos".

Yorubas might not say anything when you spout such grating drivel and we won't forget, but we will remind you when a Chinedu wants to contest for governorship of Lagos.

Do you know that, I, a yoruba man travelled outside Lagos (my place of primary residence) to vote Obi? And I regretted that act before the end of election day. Why? Because when Obi won Tinubu in Lagos, we started hearing all sorts of nonsense like "we go take Lagos from them" grin. Una papa. Wetin una wan take? That is why Chinedu was roundly defeated in Lagos.

I promise you, a lot of yorubas who voted for Sanwo Olu voted for Obi and would have cast their votes for Chinedu if you and your people had the little thing called respect.

I can beat my chest and say that I am a detribalised Nigerian but I'm not so detribalised that I'm ignorant of igbo ways of disrespect, both overt and covert.

Bro....those words of "Lagos is a no man's land" weren't coming from the Igbos. They were political strategy by the PBAT supporters to make sure fellow yorubas hate Obi. A polite question, did you sight any Igbo man that made such statement aside online?
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by aswani(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2023
sokeril:

Go to Twitter?
Lol why you can’t you bring proof? You can’t so you resorted to go to Twitter.
Someone will wake up in the morning and decide all he want to do is engage in senseless tribal wars that laughably do not even add any sort of value to him.

First off, the poster asked a question and I told them where to find the answer.

Okay then, forget Twitter and stay on Nairaland to get the information as per the instructions I gave.

I am not engaging in any tribal wars, just providing the information asked for.

Not for the first time in this thread, people not liking the answers given are looking to deflect and conflate.
Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by aswani(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2023
Rich4god:

Gv me your authentic proof that an Igbo man called Lagos a "No man's land" or where the igbo generally said that they will conquer Lagos. Am still waiting.

I genuinely thought you wanted the information you requested but I now realise, and I should have when you asked it, that you were just trying to be smart. What next, you want proof of when Obidients called Tinubu a drug lord àbi?

I am tapping out on this one, have a blessed weekend sir.

1 Like

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Dafresh: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2023
Musrataman:

No tribes like Igbo in this country, even outsider's don't like them because they are very bad people.

They will continue to dismeaning their status for the minority in the south south as you're seeing today.
Igbos are bad as how?
Did an Igbo man take your wife from you?
Did an Igbo man rap your sister? Did an Igbo man take your land and butcher your people like Fulani

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biafra Liberation Army Killed And Captured Alive Some Nigerian Army - IPOB / Adam And Eve Were Nigerians, Say Researchers / Remove Edo,delta And Yoruba Before Arm Robber Or Army See The Satellite Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.