Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? (4167 Views)

Pres. Jonathan Wants You To Remember These 7 Things… As You Celebrate Christmas / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by OAM4J: 12:42am On Oct 01, 2011
Will you fly the flag?

Wear  the national colours?

Meet/attend festivities at the  Embassy? If Any is planned.

Hang out with nigerians or simply go about your normal business?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by BABE3: 12:46am On Oct 01, 2011
Wearing the national colors and going about my normal business. I did those last year, I'm doing them again.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by manny4life(m): 12:49am On Oct 01, 2011
Probably hang out with friends after which go back my normal business. I doubt Nigerian Embassy in DC will have anything doing, that building that is in the midst of Muslim nation embassies, and looks deserted.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 01, 2011
Big parry out by the bay. That's where I'll be.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 01, 2011
celebrate what!
before one thinks of celebration, i wonder whats on his/her mind! what are you celebrating for?
that you have one of the poorest index in the world? (inspite all you got!)
that your country is ranked with somali(can you imagine a somalian celebrating his country)!
etc (millions of them) chai! celebrate what self!

aparT from those kids whom their fathers are politicians a.k.a criminals in nigeria that live abroads anyother  person celebrating Nigeria must be kidding me!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 01, 2011
Try and see the bigger picture. Here's what I said in another thread:

Sorry o. I must celebrate. I have a country. I know where I'm from. I'll celebrate my heritage and culture. If you don't want to celebrate your country, quickly denounce your Nigerian citizenship and ancestry and come celebrate Kwanzaa with akata for obodo oyibo.

We, or at least I, criticize Nigeria because I have unconditional love for it. I won't stop loving it and I won't stop celebrating it either.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by manny4life(m): 1:05am On Oct 01, 2011
Toaskarity:

celebrate what!
before one thinks of celebration, i wonder whats on his/her mind! what are you celebrating for?
that you have one of the poorest index in the world? (infact all you got!)
that your country is ranked with somali(can you imagine a somalian celebrating his country)!

aparT from those kids whom their fathers are politicians a.k.a criminals in nigeria that live abroads anyother  person celebrating Nigeria must be kidding me!

Just being Nigerian is something to celebrate about. Celebration is about the positive things, and looking back at negative things and taking a bolder outrageous approach for a resolve to the negative items. I don't know about you, but I see a great potential in my country Nigeria and sure WILL come home one day to make change. You and I can stay on here and b/i/t/c/h about Nigeria and her woes but till people like you change your mindset and approach (subtle or radical), things WILL NEVER CHANGE.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by softwarezx: 1:18am On Oct 01, 2011
putting on my trado outfit that i have not worn for 6years
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Koikoi(m): 1:24am On Oct 01, 2011
be proud of your fatherland
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 1:30am On Oct 01, 2011
Does anybody know of anything Nigerian coming up in Glasgow,or Scotland generally today? Need info o cuz i don't want to dull it o.

Will be hanging out at Karbon tonight to dance to some Nigerian tunes and see some Nigerian faces. Holla. cheesy cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by BABE3: 1:30am On Oct 01, 2011
Toaskarity:

celebrate what!
that you have one of the poorest index in the world? (inspite all you got!)

Pessimist! Taking one day out of the 365 days to celebrate Nigeria (in whatever way), instead of denouncing her, shouldn't be a pain.

Though the two fundamental things Nigeria needs for a positive significant change (which are, A benevolent Dictator and Nigerians ready for a change) aren't gonna be "ready" in the next 200 years, we still need to think positive.  smiley Hakuna Matata.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 01, 2011
I am going to have s e x in my green white green socks and tshirt smiley. Kidding.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 01, 2011
Konjour:
Does anybody know of anything Nigerian coming up in Glasgow,or Scotland generally today? Need info o cuz i don't want to dull it o.

Will be hanging out at Karbon tonight to dance to some Nigerian tunes and see some Nigerian faces. Holla. cheesy cool

Check this one out: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=261697617192514
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by kabukabu(m): 1:45am On Oct 01, 2011
Let's see, cool.
I'll
1)bust out some old "naija films" to watch.
2)give a cop the $20 handshake if they try to write me a ticket
3)organize "owambe" type party on my block.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by dramenda(f): 2:06am On Oct 01, 2011
whatever,
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by okeyxyz(m): 2:17am On Oct 01, 2011
BABE!:

Though the two fundamental things Nigeria needs for a positive significant change (which are, A benevolent Dictator and Nigerians ready for a change) aren't gonna be "ready" in the next 200 years, we still need to think positive.  smiley Hakuna Matata.

^^^
you celebrate this misery?
Fela must have known you. "suffering & smiling". grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 01, 2011
There's an international parade going on here and I'll fly my flag proudly while wearing the only two colors I know right now; green and white and of course partttyyy this night.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Domwiz4all(m): 2:32am On Oct 01, 2011
I'l spend d whole day tinkin how 2secure a Job. Ril sick n tired of bin JOBLESS
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Domwiz4all(m): 2:33am On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by iice(f): 2:43am On Oct 01, 2011
Looking for where free food is grin Wouldn't go near the useless embassy sha cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 01, 2011
Domwiz4all:

LinkedIn my friend, LinkedIn. Its a best kept secret! Join groups that are related to ur' career on linkedIn. They post a lot of "insider" jobs! Best of Luck. If you really want it, u will get it! Question is, do u want it
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 2:44am On Oct 01, 2011
Nothing much.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Oct 01, 2011
I would be attending a Boat Cruise in Manhattan, New York. Organised by African Americans with roots from Nigeria and also Nigerians living in New York and New Jersey, its going to be biggggggggggg funnnnnnnn. at least make pesin head rest small, Virginia can be very boring.
Only wish i can make Scash disappear and reappear here on Saturday.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Renike(f): 2:53am On Oct 01, 2011
Will be in NY, Looking forward to Oct6-8 event. It berra be good! grin lol
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Roland17(m): 2:58am On Oct 01, 2011
^^^ what part of New York would u be visiting? you could attend the boat cruise, its going to be fun.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by gameaddict(m): 3:21am On Oct 01, 2011
unofficial independence site: naija.host-ed.net
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Renike(f): 3:26am On Oct 01, 2011
@ Roland 17. Brooklyn.
Sound great. do you have a link to the event?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by BABE3: 3:59am On Oct 01, 2011
okeyxyz:

^^^
you celebrate this misery?
Fela must have known you. "suffering & smiling". grin

lol. So you can't think of any good about Nigeria and "celebrate" for that reason?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by iykak47: 4:00am On Oct 01, 2011
Nigerian high commissioner  here in Beijing advise us to pray for Nigeria, definitely  i will pray for Nigeria, so that God will make our leaders to realise that life is too short to steal billions of naira (some even steal in dollar denomination]. God remind them also  that those good things they see when they travel abroad are not forbidden in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by okeyxyz(m): 4:16am On Oct 01, 2011
BABE!:

lol. So you can't think of any good about Nigeria and "celebrate" for that reason?

Nope!!, but watching you guys celebrate the [b]MADNESS [/b]that is naija is fun. so HOORRAYY!!! grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by okeyxyz(m): 4:19am On Oct 01, 2011
iykak47:

God remind them also  that those good things they see when they travel abroad are not forbidden in Nigeria.

LWKMD grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by ijawgirl: 4:37am On Oct 01, 2011
big party in Toronto
so yea I will be dancing all day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo-olikoye Ransome Kuti, Jimmy Carter And Obasanjo. / 36 State Govt. Debt Debate - Reloded / Another Nurse Who Had Contact With Patrick Sawyer Dies in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.