Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? (4176 Views)

Pres. Jonathan Wants You To Remember These 7 Things… As You Celebrate Christmas / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Oba234: 4:47am On Oct 01, 2011
anybody know of an event in the DC area that involves food and music? Thats all I am asking for.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 01, 2011
Anyone looking for events should check facebook o.

^^^ You wey dey DC. I'm sure there are many because Nigerians in DMV are numerous lol.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by deadie(m): 5:31am On Oct 01, 2011
Burn a Nigerian flag? That sounds like a lot of fun.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Roland17(m): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2011
Renike:

@ Roland 17. Brooklyn.
Sound great. do you have a link to the event?

What a small world!!!!, am also in Brooklyn, for the weekend though. you require a gate pass to gain entry. It's already late to book for one now, but you can still get a pass at the gate(but the price could be inflated) the address is pier 40-NYC West Houston Street, Hudson River New York. the cruise boards 11:30pm and departs 12am, its an all night party. in case you need additional info, you can send me an email before 6pm Saturday, it would be fun to meet with you though.

Cheers,
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 01, 2011
What is there to celebrate? They don't even have that shiity flag in any store here in LA. . I would have loved to clean my truck and wipe my asss with it. Can anybody help me buy one with Nigeria First Lady's face init? I need to position her face in my annus as I wipe.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by eridah2007(m): 6:32am On Oct 01, 2011
Interesting
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 01, 2011
since there is no celebration where am at,will be downing some bottles with a friend later on while watching some cool naija videos
http://www.livestream.com/soundsacrossdocean
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by norrisman: 7:08am On Oct 01, 2011
Nigeria is a contraption created by the white man. Nothing wrong with celebrating Osun day or New yam in the east but celebrating Nigeria is just an insult to the hundreds of thousand of people living a hard time in that God forsaken cesspit!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2011
any nigerians in denver here?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by 27naira(m): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2011
Stop kidding me!!

It should rather be a time of sober reflection instead of throwing wild parties! Corpers died, UN staff died, FG cant even throw an independence party cos of Bokoharam, Naija youths are jobless, igbo man blames the hausa man, the yoruba man blames the igbo man. Even your father will never let you marry another Nigerian from another tribe angry so what are we celebrating? is it the rickety ride that will fall apart someday.

For once, we should wear sack cloths and throw ash on our heads like the ancient jews and cry to God for help! Naija is 51 but yet it appears she has refused to grow. IBB, OBJ, Buhari, Ciroma, Mark and co have refused to leave the scene. For Pete sake! na them get this country?
1st October is just another day, no big deal! I've got to go to work cos people back home need some money undecided

GOD bless Naija!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by abiola2011: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2011
Have pray for my country Nigeria and i will be flying the flag to day here in South Africa, I love my country, I have a root and i can celebrate the fact that i have an history, Party Party Party , Today at Pretoria,
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by OjaP: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2011
Looking forward to the fun in Bako, California. Dance and party all night long. Kai, how I wish I'm in Newyork now,that is just the best state to be for the celebration. Naija folks go don scatter ground for there. Naija for life.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by john6006: 7:42am On Oct 01, 2011
CELEBRATION calls as a result of joy which you derived from places,somethings,or even in ur partner, I suggest that it better to be a part ,
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by slex(m): 8:16am On Oct 01, 2011
big Party in Donetsk Ukraine today, Nigerians in Ukraine see you at Club Chicago
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2011
I was thinking of wearing my green-white-green trad that I made over the summer just as a representation of my national identity. . NO PARTYING!! Unfortunately, I am doing an ethnography in the lab today and certainly cant wear that. Would probably wear it to school on Monday though, it's the least I can do. smiley
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by clerkent(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2011
wana hang out wit frends around onitsha javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Otunbakay(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2011
27naira:

Stop kidding me!!

It should rather be a time of sober reflection instead of throwing wild parties! Corpers died, UN staff died, FG cant even throw an independence party cos of Bokoharam, Naija youths are jobless, igbo man blames the hausa man, the yoruba man blames the igbo man. Even your father will never let you marry another Nigerian from another tribe angry so what are we celebrating? is it the rickety ride that will fall apart someday.

For once, we should wear sack cloths and throw ash on our heads like the ancient jews and cry to God for help! Naija is 51 but yet it appears she has refused to grow. IBB, OBJ, Buhari, Ciroma, Mark and co have refused to leave the scene. For Pete sake! na them get this country?
1st October is just another day, no big deal! I've got to go to work cos people back home need some money undecided

GOD bless Naija!

you 've spoken the mind of millions of true NIGERIANS. Thank u.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Egbagirl(f): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2011
Anyone know of anything happening in Senegal? undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Lovine: 9:09am On Oct 01, 2011
Nigerian Pastors here gathered and prayed for the Nation Nigeria for peace and tranquility. Its ok to do that but we Nigerians do we love our selves so much to pray for unity and each others success? Why do we kill, destroy each other and even among we Christians there is no unity, if I don't belong to your church or group I am an unbeliever and you may not associate with me or help me. Jehovah's witness, Catholics, Lord's Chosen, Christ Embassy, etc, etc all said we are the best if you don't belong among us no heaven, but if you are part of us Heaven AT LAST. WHY ALL THESE AND WHERE IS THE LOVE WHICH THE BIBLE SAID WITHOUT WE CAN'T CLAIM TO BELONG TO GOD. NIGER HAPPY INDEPENDER
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Otunbakay(m): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2011
norrisman:

Nigeria is a contraption created by the white man. Nothing wrong with celebrating Osun day or New yam in the east but celebrating Nigeria is just an insult to the hundreds of thousand of people living a hard time in that God forsaken cesspit!
You can say that again and again pleasseeeee!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by ryom(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2011
There is an Independence party in Hull tonight.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2011
@Ogugua88, 51 Thank yous to you! You just made my day. You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cheesy wink God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by noblegas2(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2011
Konjour:

@Ogugua88,  51 Thank yous to you! You just made my day. You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cheesy wink God bless Nigeria.

Bobbi, I C U

@ topic, spending it with TROUBLESHOOTING and ENGINE MACHINE DRAWING ,  grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2011
noble_gas1:

Bobbi, I C U

@ topic, spending it with TROUBLESHOOTING and ENGINE MACHINE DRAWINGgrin grin grin

grin grin grin Once an AMArian, Alwayz an AMArian. grin grin grin Why is it not Naval Arch? grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by noblegas2(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2011
Konjour:

grin grin grin Once an AMArian, Alwayz an AMArian. grin grin grin Why is it not Naval Arch? grin

lol, I have/will always be a MARINER!

Mechanical and Marine Engineering share a lot in common u know!

Hows the sea?? cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2011
To all you lovers of naija, i say happy celebration to you. But come to think of it first o, from the way you guys are sounding over there it seems like you guys are having more fun than some of us in some joint o.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
To all you lovers of naija, i say happy celebration to you. But come to think of it first o, from the way you guys are sounding over there it seems like you guys are having more fun than some of us in some joint o.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Redman44(m): 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2011
I am not celebrating Nigeria's Independence Day this year. Things have not improved to the standards I expected in Nigeria. The only thing I am happy about right now is the purchase of those trains from Canada by the Lagos State Government. I am glad that Rail Transport is about to take off in Lagos ( My State of Birth ). Governor Fashola is the only Governor I am going to celebrate today. Though he still has a lot to achieve, he has shown that he is progressive in thought and in his actions. To me, there is not much to be celebrated about Nigeria. Cheers.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2011
noble_gas1:

lol, I have/will always be a MARINER!

Mechanical and Marine Engineering share a lot in common u know!

Hows the sea?? cool

Its calm mate, took a break from riding the waves of the North Atlantic. Will be back to the sea soon though cuz that's where i belong. wink cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2011
Konjour:
@Ogugua88, 51 Thank yous to you! You just made my day. You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cheesy wink God bless Nigeria.

Lol no problem! I hope you have fun tonight smiley

I wonder why Nigerians ask "why should I celebrate" every year. The asking of that question alone is one of the many reasons Naija cannot move forward. The United States is extremely divided at this point. Fact. On the 4th of July or on 9/11, one would never know or feel any of those political tensions, because they all come together to celebrate Americanism. Nigerianism dey o. We're not a perfect country, but put differences aside and celebrate green white green and the good things we do have for one day. Na difficult task?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by SuyaEater(m): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2011
I love naija and proud to be from there , but i can't celebrate when my country is not progressive, electricity is not still stable, and we are in 2011, i left naija in the 90s and things still haven't changed, politicians are still stealing money, what progress has nigeria made to call for a celebration?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by erico2k2(m): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2011
Too tired, just got back from work and off again in the morning so no time for liqor sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers ‘ll Remain On The Streets – Fg / Abia Inaugurates Committee For Ubani Market / Why I Attended Olamide’s Concert – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.