Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? (4177 Views)

Pres. Jonathan Wants You To Remember These 7 Things… As You Celebrate Christmas / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by redsun(m): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2011
I was in an African club this morning and DJ mentioned about Nigerian independence,that was when i realize today is the first of October.

Only foo.ls or rogues celebrate roguery and backwardness.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nattramak: 2:57am On Oct 02, 2011
Stay home and pray for my dear country
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 3:35am On Oct 02, 2011
Just came back from "the Calabash" on Union street,Glasgow. That automatically means no Church going today. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by noblegas2(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2011
Ahoy!!! 1 mariner say so!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2011
noble_gas1:

Ahoy!!! 1 mariner say so!

Ahoy! smiley
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Anvaller: 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2011
Nothing to celebrate in the real sense, I mean,  what are we celebrating? the bombs, the hardship, the hopeless govt?

I told ppl that it is understandable if "diasporan's" wants to celebrate cos it might be an event used as an opportunity to unify themselves but lets not call it celebration, lets call it Reflection and make it a lil bit low key.

Otherwise, others might be wondering "what are these Nigerians actually celebrating?",  thats the way I see it, at least if they are not very aware of the level of poverty, unemployment etc in Nigeria, c'mon the bombings alone is everywhere in the news and it has since been relapsing like a strange fever, they keep asking you all the time about the bomb blast in your country and feel sorry for Nigeria.  Therefore I advised that lets say reflection and we will make more sense and at the end of the day it will still look like we are celebrating just in a lil different way and that we did and it was okay.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by blackcypha(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2011
redsun:

I was in an African club this morning and DJ mentioned about Nigerian independence,that was when i realize today is the first of October.

Only foo.ls or rogues celebrate roguery and backwardness.
Hahahahah, LWKMD,
You mean that was when u remembered, LoL
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 03, 2011
Konjour:
Just came back from "the Calabash" on Union street,Glasgow. That automatically means no Church going today. undecided lipsrsealed

Was it good? I hope you enjoyed yourself. I didn't get home until after 6am. I slept at 7am, woke at 10am, clocked into work at 11:02am lmao. And I get exam tomorrow. God dey lol.

Parry was MAD! I felt like I was Lag, no joke.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2011
Yeah! Thanks a lot! The place was not actually the best of places to have a large gathering as such. It was just a big restaurant. But who

cares,everybody obviously had a swell time,except those who had to be carried home though,after too much liquor don make their eye RED

grin grin grin grin grin(as par 9ice). Got back home at 4:30 am,had to despoil my bed till 1 pm grin grin grin. But yea,everything else was banging. Thanks. wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? by Konjour(m): 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
ogugua88:

Was it good? I hope you enjoyed yourself. I didn't get home until after 6am. I slept at 7am, woke at 10am, clocked into work at 11:02am lmao. And I get exam tomorrow. God dey lol.

Parry was MAD! I felt like I was Lag, no joke.

Should have included this in my previous post,but my last post was obviously directed to ogugua88. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GRAPHIC PHOTOS: Girl's Thighs, Legs Crushed In Horrific Accident In Warri / #breaking News! Apc Mounts A N230m Broom In Abuja / Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party declared Oyo South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.