Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja (9757 Views)

Soldiers Foil Suicide Attack At Nigeria Army Base / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks / 97 Killed In Boko Haram’s Fresh Attacks In Borno Mosque. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by koruji(m): 3:23am On Oct 01, 2011
Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abujaby Chris Agbambu

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/5437-soldiers-foil-boko-harams-fresh-bid-to-bomb-abujaby-chris-agbambu.html
Written by Chris Agbambu, Abuja
Saturday, 01 October 2011

SECURITY operatives have foiled an attempt by about 920 suspected members of Boko Haram to infiltrate the federal capital, Abuja ostensibly to carry out the earlier threat by the group to bomb the city during today’s 51st Independence Anniversary celebration.

Saturday Tribune gathered that the operatives rounded them up, as they were trying to sneak into the city through different routes between the FCT and neighbouring Niger and Adamawa states.

The operation was reportedly carried out by the operatives of Military Intelligence and Brigade of Guards, with the suspects comprising mostly Nigerians, Sudanese and Chadians.

It is recalled that the nation was thrown into mourning on October 1, 2010 following the bombing of the Eagle Square, the venue of Nigeria’s golden jubilee celebrations.

It was gathered that the foreigners were obviously on a mischief mission, as they could not explain to  security agencies what they were coming into Abuja to do.

The sources said that several arms and ammunition, including AK 47 rifles were recovered from the suspects who had been grilled towards providing some useful information that could assist security operatives  while the suspects have been interrogated and relevant information collected from them which led the security agencies into unmasking those behind recent bombings in Abuja and some other parts of the country.

According to the sources, the operatives are working round the clock to arrest more suspects in Suleija   in Niger State and in Nasarawa State, said to be the suspected hideouts of a few Boko Haram members in hiding.

Investigations revealed that most of the suspects arrested had been distributed into various cells of the security agencies where vital information are being collated as the government has not taken chances to ensure that the sect did not make good its threat on October 1.

The source said, most of the suspects would be repatriated to their home countries after interrogation for prosecution while those who are Nigerians will face justice in the country.

Towards this end, following the arrest of the aliens, the Federal Government has reportedly directed the Nigerian Immigration Service  to be fully on the alert as most of the suspects would be deported this weekend. Also, all the security agencies in the FCT have to carry out 24 hour security checks because of the separate threats by Boko Haram and MEND on key installations in Abuja.

Security from the boundary of Kogi State and FCT has been stationed, while the operatives searched vehicle booths and engines thoroughly.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by jamace(m): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2011
Has GEJ able and reliable security at all ? They should know what to do with these riff-raffs. Taking them to court is further waste of time and resources. angry angry
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by dux14: 10:00am On Oct 01, 2011
D security operatives should not relax,more are stilll on their way
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by Otunbakay(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2011
If truly they 're guilty with the intention of coming 2 cause havoc in our home land, i dont bloody care where they came from - - - they shld all be destroyed, as they 're caught. Was Muttallab repatrated back 2 nigeria?
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by Orblonde: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2011
Mass arresting Boko Haram 'foot soldiers' is not the end of the problem. Get those corrupt leaders and hand them over to Sharia courts and you will see a better govt that will do so much for the people that terrorism will die an instant death in Nigeria
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by john6006: 10:21am On Oct 01, 2011
Ít shows that until a prominent member is torched, then comes reactions,
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by yashika(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2011
These Federal Government sef. Is it only ABUJA THATS NEEDS TO BE SECURED AND PROTECTED. THEY SHOULD PUT IN PALCE ADEQUATE SECURITY IN ALL THE BORBERS OF NIGERIA, IMMIGRATION OFFICERS SHOULD START WORKING NOW ( formerly you just give them money and the arrange a NIGERIAN passort for you weatheru are Nigeria or an Alien). We have right to adequate security of Lifea and property, so its should not be only those in Abuja.
May God Help Us in Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by folahann(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2011
Thank God at least they got these ones. Now let them be slaughtered like animals, they were going to do the same to other people.
I pray they catch more of them.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by Obinoscopy(m): 10:25am On Oct 01, 2011
Why are repatriating the non-nigerians back to their countries? They should face justice here in Nigeria because that is the place the crime was committed
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by baslone: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2011
These story is a fraud! Planted in the media.

Let us see the faces of the innocent people arrested and the so-called weapons.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by heynew: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2011
Obinoscopy:

Why are repatriating the non-nigerians back to their countries? They should face justice here in Nigeria because that is the place the crime was committed
Because our prisons have no extra-space for riffraff's
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by joeyfire(m): 10:45am On Oct 01, 2011
@ obinoscopy - na wa o! They want to repatriate them so they can go back and prepare for another trip back through our porous borders?
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by hugooh42(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2011
Foreigner(Hausa-Fulani) arrested for trying to carry out terrorist attack on the country's capital to be repatriated,and the next day they will come back through our many unmanned borders. Meanwhile a group of unarmed MASSOB members trying to mark the world Igbo day celebration few days ago were beaten by the Police and thrown into jail.What a double standard!
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by youngies(m): 10:55am On Oct 01, 2011
^^
Life is not fair.

If MASSOB really want to be respected and treated with kid gloves, they should take up arms against the State and stop carrying useless placards
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2011
Innocent Nigerians don suffer!

I saw innocent hausa traders, farmers, fruit sellers, maigoros, shoe shiners and hawkers as they were being rounded up on all major entries into abuja!

What the fvck is wrong with our security operatives?? because you question an innocent man and out of fear, he couldnt explain himself to you that automatically translate to the person being a boko haram!

whatever made them think this boko boys get into abuja on the back of trucks loaded with fruits for the market or in commercial vehicles!

Boko boys get into abuja in expensive flashy cars and SUVs cause they know that the security operatives give flashy cars easy entries! some of them even enter abuja with security number plates on their vehicles and security colors!

The moment Nigerian security operatives stop underrating how smart the boko boys are, that will be the beginning of progress towards apprehending them!
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by john6006: 10:57am On Oct 01, 2011
You don't get judgment in Nigeria what you are qualify for in Nigeria is prosecution, which is still military terms,
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by dayokanu(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2011
The story sounds like bullshit . How many media outlets reported this, is this only reported by the tribune
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2011
baslone:

I agree with you, i dont believe this story
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by efepro(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2011
Implementation has always been Nigeria problem, They say one thing now,the next moment it changes, whoeva is guilty(includin Non-Nigerians) shud be punished without prejudice, For how long shall we apprehend suspects without justice?Go to other countries and see what they do to Nigerians, Libya for instance.Ghadafi wud neva tolerate this nonsense.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by slitetacku(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2011
gud 2 hear dat, smiley
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by ifyalways(f): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2011
Fake story.

Meanwhile,folks who have the mind to march to Eagles sqare this morning are "said" to be dashed 5K each.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by babestella: 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2011
I seem not to beleive this story, I see that our govt is not ready to fight terrorism, tell me why they want to repatriate some sudanese and chadians when they should be locked away in kirikiri and left there to rot away. If a foreigner commits act terrorism, that person is condemned for life and not repatriated to face the law in his own country, this story if fake abeg. Are thay telling us that if they arrest an armed robber with AK-47, he or she will be sent to his/her parents for disciplinary actions. Wake up 9ja govt, get serious. being in possession of a weapon such as a guns (AK47 riffles) is enough reason to be in kirikiri for life.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by Abujabir24: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2011
D problem wit nigerian securities is dat dey arrest innocent civilians. Once they see u wit beards and in d native hausa dress, dey jst jump into conclusion dat u re a member. Am entering Abuja 2mrw to visit my sisters cause 2mrw is their visiting day. I just hope they dont apprehend me cuz my face is full with beards nd i dnt put on english wears only native.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by highland(m): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2011
Most of this arrest by the police are not real perpetrators.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by slap1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2011
Whoever planted this false story shouldn't count his chickens before they are hatched o! The day is still young, the bombs can still go off and make them look like !diots. . .
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by cflash: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2011
Are you a Free Lance Marketer? This could be an opportunity to make some more for yourself.

SPARKCLEAN VENTURE is recruiting a sales men/women in and within Lagos axis.

Benefit:

Creating life time opportunity to earn Residual income,

Ability to use an established companY's platform to create a business of your OWN
Work less and earn MORE

Requirement: Minimum of OND intrested applicant should send their

Send your cv's to brath_pinky1@yahoo.com. You can also call: 07056252614
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by freecocoa(f): 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2011
@ Abujabir,You better shave off the hairs on your beard before entering Abuja or the next time we read from will be after you serve your time in jail.

@ topic. We need pix ,make dem stop to deceive themselves.
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by moderatorr: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
baslone:

imbe.cile . The FG does not owe you a thing. Just thankGod that no bomb has gone yet!
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by reindeer: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2011
920 Arrested?
Na wah o! This stooopid 'security' agents muct think we are mumu's, so Boko Haram is mounting an invasion on Abuja?
920 ko, 920,000,000 ni angry
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by WebSurfer(m): 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2011
rubbish
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by joseph54: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2011
Thank God for what he has done for me and you, i wish more of them are caught,
i pray for Nigeria soldier, may God give them more and more experience to do more than that.
Just to save our lives.
the Boko Haram's are steel coming, I will like our president to put more effort invite more security, because if cares not taking they can easily bomb the house of Rep in Abuja.
Regards
Joseph Samson
from kaduna
Re: Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja by ossaisly(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2011
odiaero:

I agree with you, in dont believe this story
the story is real. Check the vanguard on net.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JTF Kill 2 Boko-Haram In Borno, Intercept 8 Rocket Launchers / Lagos: RRS Patrols Black Spots To Beef Up Security During Yuletide Celebrations / Senate To Receive 2nd Batch Of Ministerial List Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.