Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat (42523 Views)

How Emefiele Moved Shady ₦400 Billion To Monguno’s Office - Sahara Reporters / Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually / Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by blowjohn(m): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
Why every naigerian are hating Emeifele or whatever his name is.

Emeifele was implementing Buhari's policies. Naigerians should hate Buhari not Emeifele.

So buhari knows economic policies abi?
He knows what the Dow Jones means.
Abi?
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by ledaman: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
Don't Blame Emperor Meffy, we should blame the President that gave him tenure extension without single clue about monetary policies.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by lexy2014: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
blowjohn:

I guess ur frm japan

Yes. Since you are from Nigeria, why can't you answer the question?

What is Emefieles crime?
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
blowjohn:

Abi?
Emeifele was working under Buhari's regime, Emeifele had no power to implement any policies on the change of or any ulteration of naigerian currency without Buhari's approval.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2023/6/14/the-downfall-of-nigerias-all-powerful-central-bank-governor
None of what is written here constitutes a crime. It's policy and those who voted Buhari in 2019 have themselves to blame for all these
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
lexy2014:

Yes. Since you are from Nigeria, why can't you answer the question?

What is Emefieles crime?
He cannot tell, Emefiele committed no crime, he was just doing what his boss Buhari wanted.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

None of what is written here constitutes a crime. It's policy and those who voted Buhari in 2019 have themselves to blame for all these
Absolutely!
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by hunee: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
The rot in the system starts from commercial banks. Everyone is shouting emefiele. what some these bank managers do is worst than the ex cbn Governor.
Agbadocassava:
Emefiele should be jailed without trial, he deserves to rust in jail.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by KayRobert: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
That one sef dey.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by ezenna191(m): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
He will use his I'll gotten money massively to fight the judicial process. He will pay some hungry unpatriotic media practitioners to do the dirty job for him. Emefiele brought pains and hardship to people as many also died, he should adequately pay for it by being jailed for life.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by FireUpNow(m): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
Empror Emefiele was a massive disaster. He messed up the economy. Emefiele and Buhari were good recipe for disaster!
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by aestake: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
silvoclaira:
cheesy

Emefiele was a disaster to the economy

I BLAME BUHARI
You blame Buhari and arrest Emefiele.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Codes151(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
IF YOU DONT SHOW DIRTY MARKET., U CANNOT WRITE NEWS BA.........
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
blowjohn:

Abi?
With all due respect, I think it's a stupid thing to say that a president of a country in this day and age does not know economic policies.
It shows a lot of Nigeria don't even understand that their are certain criteria anyone aspiring for the presidency must meet.
Such people don't deserve to have a voters card
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Immanuel3(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
shiki:
cheesy Nigerian can't forget the pains this cost them in a hurry. I could remember one woman gave me 10k cash for me to transfer 13k to her and she said she was helping me

She indeed was helping as at then , we paid worse for more to access lesser face value at the heat of the national heist.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by WelcomeToBiafra: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
Where has this useless media platform been?
They are yet to reporting the killings before, during and after election by Fulani bandits o.... undecided
Al Jazeera is as corrupt as Nigerians politicians and Nigeria media.

Just go to EnterBiafra channel 1and 2 for undiluted truths....
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by blowjohn(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

With all due respect, I think it's a stupid thing to say that a president of a country in this day and age does not know economic policies.
It shows a lot of Nigeria don't even understand that their are certain criteria anyone aspiring for the presidency must meet.
Such people don't deserve to have a voters card

It is u who thinks buhari knows anything about economic policies that Shud not own a voters card.

Show one video as proof or news headline where buhari ever explained the merits and demerits of any of the economic policies.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
inoki247:
Everybody as confirmed his a Failure even Foreign Media buh some people love and support failure...
Don't be dumb.
It's certainly a paid post.
It's obvious the Tinubu political machinery is using foreign media to launder his image in contrast to the past one
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
blowjohn:

It is u who thinks buhari knows anything about economic policies that Shud not own a voters card.

Show one video as proof or news headline where buhari ever explained the merits and demerits of any of the economic policies.
You're still not getting the point. If you have not seen a video of Buhari explaining merits and demerits of economic policies yet you went ahead and voted for him TWICE, then come back to blame an appointee for the harm you suffered, then you have no business owning a voters card
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by OlujobaSamuel: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
blowjohn:

I tire ooo, so there is a Nigerian that believes or thinks Buhari Sabi basic economics??
I doubt he can speak on anything outside security and probably agriculture.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by michoim(m): 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
Eme-geddon from Armageddon ...
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I tire ooo, so there is a Nigerian that believes or thinks Buhari Sabi basic economics??
Yet you voted for him twice
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by demmie1: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
chris4gold:
Dey put mouth 4 wetin no concern u

Na who the thing concern?
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Timmi: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2023
ledaman:
Don't Blame Emperor Meffy, we should blame the President that gave him tenure extension without single clue about monetary policies.

If Buhari didn't extend his tenure, the people from the land of rising wailers will cry a bucket and call the President unprinted names.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by OlujobaSamuel: 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Yet you voted for him twice
Choo-choo Choo
So everyone complaining voted for him or voted for him twice
Also, those that voted or didn't vote for him have no right to complain??
Maybe his governance no touch you that's why you no complain
Try explain your logic
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by blowjohn(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

As in eh, am surprised.
He even said it's a criteria for a president.

Na president like buhari?

Even Jonathan, obj.....non have any ideas. They only listen to the economic team.

Jonathan na zoologist.
Obj I no even know.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by itsene: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
I don't know why many federal officials from the south south turn out to be major disappointments.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Choo-choo Choo
So everyone complaining voted for him or voted for him twice
Also, those that voted or didn't vote for him have no right to complain??
Maybe his governance no touch you that's why you no complain
Try explain your logic
My logic is you can't leave Buhari and start blaming Emefiele on policy decisions.
If you voted Buhari twice especially, you're a guilty as he is for whatever experience you had of his govt.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by dododawa1: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
BUHARI EMEFELIE will riot in pot of Hilda
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by onegig(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Lol. They are just knowing that Emefiele was a puppet and grossly incompetent.

I have said it numerous times. Jonathan that appointed him and Buhari that retained him and gave him the position one more time are the ones to blame.

Appointed someone that would have just been a career banker the Central Bank Governor of a country with 180 million people without due diligence to know what their economic views are or what impact they made in their previous roles to justify such position.

Anyone who was privy to the appoint of Emefiele as the head of Zenith Bank knew he was just a puppeteer appointed by the owners of the Bank because of the rule by Sanusi that heads of banks needed to be moved on. And we could see how he immediately got in there and reversed all the good policies from the previous governor like the ATM charge to benefit his banking masters.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by ledaman: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Timmi:

If Buhari didn't extend his tenure, the people from the land of rising wailers will cry a bucket and call the President unprinted names.
It would have been good to have called him different unpalatable names and succeed than to have messed up all the economy and financial institution.
Imagine during the change of money palaver family man begging for 10k just to survived and you have more than enough in Bank.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by inoki247: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Don't be dumb.
It's certainly a paid post.
It's obvious the Tinubu political machinery is using foreign media to launder his image in contrast to the past one

To you guy's everything is paid Post same media that've all rubishhed Tinubu I guess they're also paid....

When something doesn't suit you people narrative is paid once is the way round the news is true...

Just don't waste ur 4yrs crying focus on ur life nd look for something to du....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau: "It's Better I Die & Go & Rest Than The Calamity Befalling Us" / A Worker Caught Stealing Foodstuffs At IDP Camp Borno (PICS) / Edo: Ganduje, Buni Meet Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.