Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,285 members, 7,850,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat (42517 Views)

How Emefiele Moved Shady ₦400 Billion To Monguno’s Office - Sahara Reporters / Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually / Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
inoki247:

To you guy's everything is paid Post same media that've all rubishhed Tinubu I guess they're also paid....

When something doesn't suit you people narrative is paid once is the way round the news is true...

Just don't waste ur 4yrs crying focus on ur life nd look for something to du....
Keep quiet. Some of the editorials that rubbished him were also paid. There's no crime in that. I'm just enlightening you that if you are observant, you'll know most of these articles are paid.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by AntiZikist: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
The power drunk bald idiot that uses relaxer on what remains on his head was given the option to resign from office but the Fool thought that he still had enough bought and paid politicians and those he was blackmailing to stand up for him.

Now he's only options are lenghty prison sentence that will surely see him die behind bars or suicide.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Adeolajude(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Emefielle Shall never have peace both in these life and his next life. If the earthly judge fails to judge him well.
Posterity shall judge him again. Emefielle will not die well.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by aspabay(m): 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
To arrest the slump of the naira, Emefiele took several unorthodox steps. He ordered the cutting of trees where black market vendors worked in the capital; placed a ban on cryptocurrency trading, a burgeoning alternative initiative popular among young people hedging their money against rising inflation; and banned a website that reported the value of the dollar in the black market, among several other measures.

I laugh out loud reading this paragraph
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by OlujobaSamuel: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

My logic is you can't leave Buhari and start blaming Emefiele on policy decisions.
If you voted Buhari twice especially, you're a guilty as he is for whatever experience you had of his govt.
So we should all leave Hadi Sirika, Emefiele, Paul Talen, etc and face Buhari alone, so another person can appoint or retain them in office?
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by OlujobaSamuel: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
aspabay:

I laugh out loud reading this paragraph
Honestly, and someone is saying we should face Buhari for such.

Ordering cutting of trees
Maybe e fit even talk sey make dem dey arrest any aboki with umbrella for metropolis as that Na also an id for FX traders on the street
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Jubrilv(m): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
shielaAhmed:
Emefile case just remind me of Harry maguire in Man U. How have the mighty fallen

This expensive now😂
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

So we should all leave Hadi Sirika, Emefiele, Paul Talen, etc and face Buhari alone, so another person can appoint or retain them in office?
If Sirika et al have stolen money or carried out fraud, then they should be held accountable for it.
But if it's about how they performed on the job, you have no business tackling them. They were appointed to work by someone
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by OlujobaSamuel: 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

If Sirika et al have stolen money or carried out fraud, then they should be held accountable for it.
But if it's about how they performed on the job, you have no business tackling them. They were appointed to work by someone
So a public official can't be dragged by the citizens for underperformance or negligence in the line of work just because he or she was not employed directly by the citizens??
Is Buhari using his money to pay them or the citizens money?
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

So a public official can't be dragged by the citizens for underperformance or negligence in the line of work just because he or she was not employed directly by the citizens??
Is Buhari using his money to pay them or the citizens money?
Of course you're free to drag whoever you wish to. But if you the citizen are dragging an appointee while his boss is giving him kudos, what difference does it make? Moreover, when it's time to renew or push out the boss, and you chose to renew, are you not indirectly saying you're OK with the appointee?
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by bigtt76(f): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Possible he was padding the loans up and build his own war chest in anticipation of contesting and winning the elections to cover up the dirt. He was ill-advised.

DaddyJapan:

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2023/6/14/the-downfall-of-nigerias-all-powerful-central-bank-governor
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by OlujobaSamuel: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Of course you're free to drag whoever you wish to. But if you the citizen are dragging an appointee while his boss is giving him kudos, what difference does it make? Moreover, when it's time to renew or push out the boss, and you chose to renew, are you not indirectly saying you're OK with the appointee?
Your argument is flawed. How many have you seen absolving Buhari and blaming Emefiele?
How many people amongst those blaming Emefiele voted twice for Buhari?
How many voted the first time?
There is no reason to say people don't have the right to blame an appointee.
Whoever it is you might have supported during the last election or previous election, there is a member of that party in NASS that never raised an objection during his screening, should we go about abusing those ones for approving the appointment?
If you don't know, the reason why people face him more is because his position have a direct impact on the people compared to any other appointee.
You can find a way to evade or avoid every other govt policy, the CBN policy is one you can't evade, as it affects the daily survival of the populace. He is in a position to advise the president on the merits or otherwise of any policy, as it is expected that he knows more on monetary policy matters than the president.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Your argument is flawed. How many have you seen absolving Buhari and blaming Emefiele?
How many people amongst those blaming Emefiele voted twice for Buhari?
How many voted the first time?
There is no reason to say people don't have the right to blame an appointee.
Whoever it is you might have supported during the last election or previous election, there is a member of that party in NASS that never raised an objection during his screening, should we go about abusing those ones for approving the appointment?
If you don't know, the reason why people face him more is because his position have a direct impact on the people compared to any other appointee.
You can find a way to evade or avoid every other govt policy, the CBN policy is one you can't evade, as it affects the daily survival of the populace. He is in a position to advise the president on the merits or otherwise of any policy, as it is expected that he knows more on monetary policy matters than the president.
Funny enough, those who have been applauding Emefiele's sack on this platform are those who shouted Sai Baba for 8 years, including you sir. Check on that and get back to me.
Chief among Emefiele's detractors is a certain Elrufai. Go and check all his interviews. He directly absolved Buhari of blame and laid it all on Emefiele. Same with a lot of politicians in APC then, down to their supporters. You also just did that with the claim that he knows more than Buhari. Your logic is that since he knows more than Buhari, Buhari as president no longer has a responsibility to the populace. May i ask if you voted Buhari because Emefiele knows more than him?
Raising objection during his screening will not stop him from being approved. I expect you know that. Besides, in what situation does the objection make a difference in how he does his job?
The CBN act makes the CBN governor answerable to the president only, not even to you, the concerned citizens. The constitution assumes the president is on your side and is always acting in your best interest. But the constitution does not assume same for an apointee which is why they all serve at the pleasure of the president and are supposed to help implement his agenda which he campaigned with.
I also don't agree with your claim that the position of CBN governor affects people more than any other position. When there's fuel scarcity, it is not the doing of the CBN governor. When borders are closed and price of basic commodities rise, the hole in your pocket has nothing to do with the CBN. I don't think any CBN governor has courted so much trouble like Emefiele did with the redesign policy, yet, through it, Buhari gave a state broadcast where he basically owned the policy but you all chose to overlook that snd scream Emefiele!!
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by tunde1200(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
If I just remembered the pains you put many Nigerians alone on new Naira notes rubbish you introduced.
Make your generation rot in jail.
Imagine using money to buy money.
Emefiele you no go die well oh.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by kizxaxa: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
All that na African magic story. Una go get sense by force they don use Una head mumu ppl.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by TheCreatorVerse: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by OlujobaSamuel: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Funny enough, those who have been applauding Emefiele's sack on this platform are those who shouted Sai Baba for 8 years, including you sir. Check on that and get back to me.
Chief among Emefiele's detractors is a certain Elrufai. Go and check all his interviews. He directly absolved Buhari of blame and laid it all on Emefiele. Same with a lot of politicians in APC then, down to their supporters. You also just did that with the claim that he knows more than Buhari. Your logic is that since he knows more than Buhari, Buhari as president no longer has a responsibility to the populace. May i ask if you voted Buhari because Emefiele knows more than him?
Raising objection during his screening will not stop him from being approved. I expect you know that. Besides, in what situation does the objection make a difference in how he does his job?
The CBN act makes the CBN governor answerable to the president only, not even to you, the concerned citizens. The constitution assumes the president is on your side and is always acting in your best interest. But the constitution does not assume same for an apointee which is why they all serve at the pleasure of the president and are supposed to help implement his agenda which he campaigned with.
I also don't agree with your claim that the position of CBN governor affects people more than any other position. When there's fuel scarcity, it is not the doing of the CBN governor. When borders are closed and price of basic commodities rise, the hole in your pocket has nothing to do with the CBN. I don't think any CBN governor has courted so much trouble like Emefiele did with the redesign policy, yet, through it, Buhari gave a state broadcast where he basically owned the policy but you all chose to overlook that snd scream Emefiele!!
I had to stop reading when I saw including you in the first paragraph. I'm sorry, engaging in such argument is needless. You are more subjective than being objective.
I don't share the school of thought that if we support an individual, we must support all his actions, or if we oppose an individual, we must oppose all his actions.
Btw, you probably have not seen my take on Buhari, most especially his 2nd term.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by HayB100(m): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
tunde1200:
If I just remembered the pains you put many Nigerians alone on new Naira notes rubbish you introduced.
Make your generation rot in jail.
Imagine using money to buy money.
Emefiele you no go die well oh.
Him no go ever ever die well

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Kukutenla: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I had to stop reading when I saw including you in the first paragraph. I'm sorry, engaging in such argument is needless. You are more subjective than being objective.
I don't share the school of thought that if we support an individual, we must support all his actions, or if we oppose an individual, we must oppose all his actions.
Btw, you probably have not seen my take on Buhari, most especially his 2nd term.
You're free to stop reading any time you wish to.

I believe I'm more objective than you who hold Emefiele responsible for a policy Buhari publicly owned.

Your take on Buhari's second term is irrelevant. If you did not realise that he's not deserving of a second term after his equally abysmal first term, then your take is purely academic!
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by wole212(m): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
Longest serving CBN Governor, that's a record.

I greet Bosses in the house

Please I'm looking for a car to drive
Rentals to remit weekly

Your car won't be overflogged

I stay in Oshodi

Thanks.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Procashtips(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Catfish202555:
I need old inactive fiverr seller account between the year 2011 to 2017.

Procashtips please send me a WhatsApp message

You didnt answer my question
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Litmus: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
What happened to all the daily mass kidnappings?
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Bimpe29: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
Emefiele showed us shégé
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by luxmi: 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
Pls do not petronize the name TRALP. On this platform. You will pay him to write statement of purpose and he will not do the job.

Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Procashtips(m): 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
Catfish202555:

I thought you are the one I'm chatting with on WhatsApp?
No
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by searchlight: 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Emefiele should be jailed without trial, he deserves to rust in jail.
said by one idiot in the zoo. Your father should be jailed for begetting a nuisance like you.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by shiki(m): 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bro you suppose get award from nairaland, based on the time you join
Immanuel3:

She indeed was helping as at then , we paid worse for more to access lesser face value at the heat of the national heist.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by shiki(m): 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bro, we can quote someone without insult nah, that's so harsh on him pls
searchlight:
said by one idiot in the zoo. Your father should be jailed for begetting a nuisance like you.
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Metrofox(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Emiefele allowed himself to be finished by aboki mathematics.. serves him right. They all ate from the same pot but if you are against emefiele and you support Buhari with his gang of thieving idiots you need brain surgery
Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by Immanuel3(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
shiki:
Bro you suppose get award from nairaland, based on the time you join
yes o, we be old cat cheesy help me tell Oga Seun o. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat by tralp: 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
luxmi:
Pls do not petronize the name TRALP. On this platform. You will pay him to write statement of purpose and he will not do the job.
Sorry who is this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project / Military Operation In Oyigbo, Rivers State Leads To Humanitarian Crisis -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.