Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

What City And State Is This? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What City And State Is This? (10828 Views)

The Asaba Central Hospital And State Library Complex Projects By Okowa / APC Vows To Win All 36 National And State Assemblies Seats In Rivers Re-run / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What City And State Is This? by Relax101(m): 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Abagworo
Frankly I get offended by some of Chino11's comments sometimes, and I've told him a few times, but he is almost a lose cannon. I am a typical Anamabra guy, and know how Anambra folks approach issues. We are more nuanced in our views and criticisms of fellow Igbo states. Chino11 sounds "off the chain" and seems to quarrel with anyone that he thinks is about to take away "Anambra glory". The funny thing though is that most Anambra citizens are busy critiquing and criticizing their own governor and government, than have time to bring others down.

Owerri is a beautiful city.  cool It is left for Imolites to decide if and when they want to develop more cities. We all must approach development our own ways.

BTW Abagworo, would you know the range of prices for lands within 10 -15 minutes driving range of Owerri city center?
I gotta get me a land nearby.  cool

Hahahahaha Chino11 na real case study.
Re: What City And State Is This? by asha80(m): 11:36pm On Oct 02, 2011
all these are major roads in owerri.

i would have prefered pictures of aladinma,ikenegbu,works,ikenegbu extension(back of dan anyiam stadium),works,federal housing,shellcamp,prefab etc
Re: What City And State Is This? by Abagworo(m): 3:59am On Oct 03, 2011
asha 80:

all these are major roads in owerri.

i would have prefered pictures of aladinma,ikenegbu,works,ikenegbu extension(back of dan anyiam stadium),works,federal housing,shellcamp,prefab etc

Nwanne e be like say you no dey Naija.The above mentioned places are but one small portion of the town which used to bubble in the 90s.I think everywhere but Works layout has improved considerably.Here's some pictures from New Owerri and Control.

Re: What City And State Is This? by mbatuku1: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2011
I kind of like this thread. I enlightens those dorks who think there's no development elsewhere except their region.

I hope there are similar photo threads of neighbouring SEtern states as this.
Re: What City And State Is This? by pcmadu(m): 7:47am On Oct 03, 2011
what are you guys talking about, Imo State is way develop than what you guys think. I am not an owerri man, i am from Mbaise, i would proudly tell you that most part of Mbaise is develop(Obizi, Achigali, Obuafu etc), When i went to orlu i was shock by the development, almost all part of Orlu plus Njaba area are all develop. Dont you guys know that most top Imo politicain and Orlu and Mbaise people, you think they dont develop their own areas too.
Re: What City And State Is This? by macjive01: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2011
Re: What City And State Is This? by macjive01: 8:09am On Oct 03, 2011

check this link for the best holiday places in ala igbo

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?board=7.0
Re: What City And State Is This? by Beaf: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2011
The roads are beautiful, but what I can't understand is why they are not swept. Its something we don't do in Nigeria, yet it could provide an easy means to employ thousands.
Re: What City And State Is This? by macjive01: 8:44am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^ it actually shdnt be swept with the usual rat-tag brush/broom , cud a governor not purchase a 5million naira road sweeper ?

its really baffling.

a motorized road sweeper wud easily suck up the dirt , the sand andy absolutely every other thing on the road, and quickly too.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtWqyGo0CU2ZsBXSl0bcOwS7zfHR1JqIhOeZ7yXf79hfYQFXedPw[/img]
Re: What City And State Is This? by Beaf: 8:47am On Oct 03, 2011
^
Yes, it would be more efficient to use machines, but I believe it would make better economic sense to employ people to sweep manually, just to get them off the streets and alleviate poverty.
Re: What City And State Is This? by Onlytruth(m): 8:48am On Oct 03, 2011
^^

I agree with you Beaf.
Call me a "realist economist", I believe that one of the biggest threats to modern capitalism is the over mechanization of the economy leading to weakness in the overall economy. If folks aren't employed, who would build houses or pay hospital bills?
Re: What City And State Is This? by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2011
Beaf:

^
Yes, it would be more efficient to use machines, but I believe it would make better economic sense to employ people to sweep manually, just to get them off the streets and alleviate poverty.

Actually people operate the machines and again I have seen several occasions where many uniformed people were uprooting and clearing the green fields.It looks quite beautiful.I will try and get a picture next time
Re: What City And State Is This? by FACE(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2011
Aladinma mall and all seasons

Re: What City And State Is This? by FACE(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2011
Rear of all season and Area D world Bank

Re: What City And State Is This? by Onlytruth(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2011
@FACE,

I posed a question to Abagworo and it remains unanswered. I don't know whether he ignored it or that he doesn't have an answer.
Please would you know the average price of a single plot in areas within 10- 15 drive of Owerri?
I make it a duty to own lands in key SE cities.
Thanks in advance.
Re: What City And State Is This? by asha80(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2011
wait this aladinma shopping plaza is not that piece of land near housing estate primary school aladinma and is flanked by mbano and lake nwaebere street  

when did this happen?  undecided
Re: What City And State Is This? by FACE(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2011
Rear of concorde and Yar Adua way New owerri

Re: What City And State Is This? by asha80(m): 9:32am On Oct 03, 2011
pcmadu:

what are you guys talking about, Imo State is way develop than what you guys think. I am not an owerri man, i am from Mbaise, i would proudly tell you that most part of Mbaise is develop(Obizi, Achigali, Obuafu etc), When i went to orlu i was shock by the development, almost all part of Orlu plus Njaba area are all develop. Dont you guys know that most top Imo politicain and Orlu and Mbaise people, you think they dont develop their own areas too.

do you mean achingali?because achingali is in obowo.
Re: What City And State Is This? by FACE(m): 9:37am On Oct 03, 2011
asha 80:

wait this aladinma shopping plaza is not that piece of land near housing estate primary school aladinma and is flanked by mbano and lake nwaebere street

when did this happen? undecided

I wu ama ala gbuhula m aka. Ohakim's era. He was silly but he did some good stuff. For example, you can now out flank Control post going to concorde or PH from Douglas axis and Ogbaosisi has been moved to Naze.

@ Onlytruth from 2.5 Milla.
Re: What City And State Is This? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2011
Who knows what city and its outskirts are shown in these pics?

Re: What City And State Is This? by Onlytruth(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2011
Posted by: FACE

@ Onlytruth from 2.5 Milla.

Great. Thanks!  wink
Re: What City And State Is This? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2011
more.

Re: What City And State Is This? by Onlytruth(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2011
Posted by: PROUD-IGBO

Who knows what city and its outskirts are shown in these pics?

Nna it looks like Onitsha: Omagba, Nkpor or Awada area; not sure.
I won't be shocked if it is still Ala Owerre.
Re: What City And State Is This? by EkoIle1: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2011
Nice village development,
Re: What City And State Is This? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2011
Last pics for now.

Mmanwu!!!!

Re: What City And State Is This? by Onlytruth(m): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2011
Let me say at this stage that there is NO SW city like this.  cool
Re: What City And State Is This? by FACE(m): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Na that's my home city Enugu (I got the map of Nigeria at the back of my hand). New Haven to be precise.
Re: What City And State Is This? by mbatuku1: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

@FACE,

I posed a question to Abagworo and it remains unanswered. I don't know whether he ignored it or that he doesn't have an answer.
Please would you know the average price of a single plot in areas within 10- 15 drive of Owerri?
I make it a duty to own lands in key SE cities.
Thanks in advance.

You can check out this page for price ranges. They range between N1.5 - 4 million per plot (ie around 1000 sq. metres)

www.nairalist.com/imo/housing
Re: What City And State Is This? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Onlytruth, nah bruh grin, it's not Onitsha but it's near though.
Re: What City And State Is This? by Onlytruth(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2011
Is it Asaba?
Re: What City And State Is This? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2011
FACE:

Na that's my home city Enugu (I got the map of Nigeria at the back of my hand). New Haven to be precise.

Face, spot on!! You got it. The peaceful City of Enugu.
Re: What City And State Is This? by Onlytruth(m): 9:54am On Oct 03, 2011
Okay Enugu it is.
What really threw me off was the first picture which looked like the dense parts of Onitsha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 / Tinubu Never Imposed Adelabu On Me, Ajimobi Insists / Obaseki Speaks On ‘battling’ APC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.