Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Is It Good To Date Your Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Date Your Friend? (3690 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Can You Ever Date Your Ex Again? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by danyp(f): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2006
Dating Your Friend

What do you all think about that situation? Is it worth it? What might be the hitches?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by tejuoso1(f): 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2006
cool cool
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2006
aint a big deal at all wink
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by hotangel2(f): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2006
It's ok if u both agree to it. N as a girl, its better if he initiates the thought.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by snazzydawn(f): 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2006
It is so cool dating your friend because you will not form levels too much
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by hotangel2(f): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2006
snazzydawn:

it is sooooo cool dating your friend because you will not form levels too much
I have to agree with that. I used to think it was wrong, but I now know i was wrong.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by ennniy(f): 11:06pm On Apr 08, 2007
that will make a wonderful relationship as far as i'm concerned because u guys will know each other completely
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Agboola1(m): 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2007
its cool, everything starts with friendship. and good friends loves always. prov; 17:17
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by ininathan(m): 12:08am On Apr 09, 2007
Yes! That is the kind of relationship that works out successfully and it enable a better understanding within the two party.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Busta(f): 2:25am On Apr 09, 2007
"the devil u know is far better than the angel u don't know"
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by omogenaija(f): 4:09am On Apr 09, 2007
best friends make the best lovers
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by hannydarl(f): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2007
Its a cool idea depending on how long you two have been friends babes esp should be careful cos some boys can to every to win a womans heart even pretending to be their friends you know a cool guy you can count on,a great shoulder to cry on etc and BAAAM he gets it and scrams.But if both of you have been true friends then what the hell keep the flame of love burnning it will be a good relationship.To me o the devil i know can never be better then an angel i dont know how devil go take give you peace when you date am?I mean i prefere to wait or look for that angel out there than to tie myself with a known devil whom i know nothing good will ever come out of.Same thing goes for the guys.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by acidrop(f): 9:03am On Apr 09, 2007
dont c anything wrong with it, infact they are evn more trust worthy, although it depends on the friend
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by osegwu(m): 9:10am On Apr 09, 2007
I always advice people to marry their friend

and not their lover.

Still me
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by kticks(m): 9:45am On Apr 09, 2007
it depends on the type of relationship you are having with the friend, as for me, i do sleep with all my female friends. cheesy[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Gheorghe(m): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2007
i believe friendship shud come before a relationship i.e. if one is not first your friend how can he/she become your lover.

so if he's your friend already then he can be your lover
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by IBEXY(m): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2007
Relationships start from friendship. So its ok to move up one level and become lovers from being just friends.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Hugoboi(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2007
best friends make the best lovers

I beg to differ!!!
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by tobby1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2007
nice cos it willbe okay
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by babadee(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2007
Best you can ever get.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by akara(m): 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2007
Better the one you know than the one you dont. Abi

grin
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by kenshin(m): 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2007
One thing I am convinced about - You surely do not want to date your enemy grin grin
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Coleslove: 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2007
Carry on mi sis. All d best
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by NiteAngel(m): 1:15am On Apr 10, 2007
Who else would you lprefer to date? Your enemy?

The reason a number of people shy away from dating friends is because they know you too well and hurting them or being hurt by them cuts so deep.

Love dies when the thread of friendship ends. Most relationships today cry for help because guys (especially) change their position from friends to senior colleagues or bosses or better still employers of labour.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by user86666(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2007
Absolutely! Back in school, I was simply friends with a certain girl for about 2+ years before a relationship broke out between us and it wasnt pre-meditated at all. The relationship was fantastic! The understanding was super and the compatibility was near-perfect. The r/ship started growing from day 1 cos we had the basic rapport and understanding issues under the belt already. Though its been over for 2+ years now, it lasted a 5 blissful years and we're still friends! (we talked yesterday).

If a foundation of friendship exists before the bricks of love are laid on, it acts as a cushion when the love is tested or strained.

Therefore Ive found it difficult to enter relationships if I dont have the time to build a proper friendship with whoever it is, and with the status quo. . . God help me!
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by 2dye4(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2007
Kenshin, Nite Angel: i definitely agree with you. i wuldnt want to date my enemy unless i just lost it .its got to be a friend 4sure.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by lekank: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2007
yea its good to date ur friend not ur enemy.

what if ur friend wants u guys to be friends and not lovers. again we u go into a relationship with ur friends, it seems as if u do not know her again,that u are just trying to know her.

what do u think of that. cos it happens
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by LoveKing(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2007
who do you want to date before your enemy? @ poster
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by breeolan(f): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2007
But sme friendship cant be mixed wif romance, friendship has different levels, and u knw romance attimes has a sour after taste, sme ppl r better off as ur friends dan being ur gf/bf, u can av a friend, and u can also have a friend in ur spouse, dis are two different things,

if ur gf/bf is ur friend, den ur lucky, cos so ppl arent so friendly wif der spouse(this is quite deep)

but reallly, der r sme of my friends i cant date, cos its either der nt my ideal type of spouse of dat we r too close to date,

its a personal thing and principle, so only u can figure it out, Good luck!
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by whiteNkem(f): 11:39am On Apr 10, 2007
Depends on how you see it, but it's risky. I mean, either you get a great relationship, or you lose a friend. Cuz there is no way things will be like before in case it doesn't work out. So you decide what the odds are. I tried that before, didn't work out for us and lost a very good friend (we don't even talk now, unless it's compulsory, though we see eachother every day!).
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Everbright(f): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2007
I think dat's the best thing that can happen for anyone
Dating your friend,gives you the opportunity to talk about most intimate things
, But arrangee dating is nothing to write home about shocked shocked
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by breeolan(f): 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2007
white`Nkem:

Depends on how you see it, but it's risky. I mean, either you get a great relationship, or you lose a friend. Cuz there is no way things will be like before in case it doesn't work out. So you decide what the odds are. I tried that before, didn't work out for us and lost a very good friend (we don't even talk now, unless it's compulsory, though we see eachother every day!).

u see, dats exactly wat i was talking about, der r sme friendship u shdnt mix romance wif, u could loose d friend and also d r/ship, sme friends are best kept as friends and not lovers,

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Girl She's Boring In Bed? Dont Want To Resort To Cheatin On Her / Most Nigerian Ladies Are Lazy And Proud!!! / Some Benefit Of Morning Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.