Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him (25971 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After / Boko Haram Releases Details About Leah Sharibu, Gives FG Condition For Release / Saraki Releases Details Of National Assembly 2018 Budget To The Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him by Fridaymartin: 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE NIGERIA PARLIAMENT

Having pondered over what I have been told, read and witnessed in this country over the years. Where we were, where we are and where we may be in nearby future if some urgent steps are not taken to address the current state of affairs in this country. The dilapidated and backward nature of our critical sectors like health and education are nothing to write home about. I considered whether where we are today is as a result of our poor in wealth, mind or expertise; but I believe it’s none of them. Then, why are we here? I believe we’re here today because our first-class citizens (political office holders) have options, while the second-class citizens (the masses) has one and only unavoidable option of going to the public institutions in this country.

In order to remedy these pitiable conditions that is gradually making our dear country a laughing stock among the comity of nations. I therefore request the parliament to enact the following proposals into law, if majority of Nigerians support it; as majority voice is the democratic voice.

1. Anybody whose children is schooling abroad or in a private institution shall be ineligible to contest or be appointed into any political position in this country.

2. All political office holders and their immediate family (husband/wife and children) shall not receive medical attention (medical check-up or treatment) abroad or in any private hospital in this country. In other words, all political office holders *MUST* receive medical attention in any government owned hospital in this country.

2(i). Any political office holder(s) who feels that his/her health challenge is beyond what the medical professionals and the equipments in our government hospitals can handle MUST resign from his/her political position before seeking for medical attention abroad or in private clinic.

2(ii). Anybody who resigns from his/her elected or appointed political position for any reason other than seeking for another political position using the same party MUST spend a minimum of three (3) years before being eligible of holding political position again.

2(iii). Anybody whose appointment into his/her office is subject to the confirmation of the parliament is included as in 1 and 2 above.

3. An elected political office holder(s) who decamped from the political party upon which he/she was elected to another political party MUST vacate his/her position to the runner-up of the election.

3(i). An elected political office holder(s) who intend to decamp MUST inform the electoral body (INEC) in not less than 21 days of his/her plan defection so that the electoral body will contact the runner-up to be sworn-in.

3(ii). The electoral body will only conduct bye-election to fill the vacate position only when the occupant of the position is dead or when all the contestants (from the runner-up to the candidate that scored the least number(s) of the valid vote cast) in the election are no longer available to be sworn-in into the position.

3(iii). A political office holder who decamped from his/her political party to another party MUST spend a minimum of three (3) years in that party before being eligible to vote and to be voted for, in the party’s primary election(s).

3(iv). The price for the nomination forms of any political parties for its primary election(s) MUST not be more than the annual basic salary of the occupant(s) of the office the person is vying for.

4. Anybody who is entitled to pension as a result of his/her former office/ position, but is still holding another government office/position shall not be paid the pension during that period. And if he/she is also entitle to pension by his/her last office; then the pension of his last office shall nullify the former one(s). Therefore, nobody shall be receiving pension and salary (or two pensions) at the same time from the government coffers.

I firmly believe that the progress of this country depends on most of the above suggestions. I and other concern Nigerians may be mobilizing Nigerians from all walks of life (ASUU, NUT, NMA, NANS, CNPP, NLC, NBA, NYCN, SERAP, CAN, NSCIA, etc) to embark on a peaceful protest across the country, if all or most of the aforementioned proposals are not passed and assented into law by the parliament and the president respectively before 1st October 2023.

Yours sincerely,
Friday Martin Nwodo fridaynwodo20@gmail.com
+2347047488130
Re: Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him by 9jaRealist: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:
How many votes eventually after spending this amount?

Imagine make person open shop and dey sell cement with this capital, the shop go dey bigger within years.

Those who labouring in vain plenty for the last election

There’s more to life than “selling cement” and making money…
And not just because with bad leadership you can neither sell cement nor make money easily.

Contributing to the development and sustenance of society and societal values is invaluable…
Such labor is NOT in “vain” simply because it does not show up as Naira and kobo in a bank account.
>
Re: Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him by JinxBreaker: 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
Re: Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him by ikdaddy01(m): 12:40am On Jul 08, 2023
jackea:
Until Nigeria get to this point of transparency, don't expect anything new

We will Design a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/dz47ns5HP4J4Serq8
Are you still in this scam. One day they ll catch you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lamentations From A Buhari Supporter / 15 High-profile Corruption Case Files Missing — Investigation / Presidential Panel On Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-point Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.