Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,255 members, 7,846,173 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? (471 Views)

Why Will Any Sane Person Want To Have Kids In Nigeria? / If You Have Kids Already Or You Don't Want Kids, Why RISK Living With A Woman ?? / 'Thank God You Didnt Have Kids For Him-hubby's Family To Wife Mins After He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Childfree: 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2023
Some want 30 children, another person want 10, some want 5, you want X number of children and some want 0 number of children(childfree). unless you are just following a bandwagon, Each and everyone have their reasons to why they had or want to have the X number of children.

Almost every time and everywhere, even on this forum, Just mention you don't want to have children or you are childfree, you'll see how people would come for your head either with insults or tell you a million reasons why you should/must have children.

If you want children go have them.Also don't let anyone make you have 2 when you want 4 or vice versa. You don't want to have children? Don't have them because you see others are doing. Let people say what they want to say, it is your life. Don't let them live your life for you.

Childfreesm is not about stopping you from having your children or in any way faulting your choice to have children, "childfree" is just the voluntary choice to not have children.

Then why always the fuss telling childfree people to better go have kids?

I don't see people with 40, 30 or 10 children citing or telling their reasons to those with 8, 5, 3 or 1 child why they should have 40, 30 or 10 children just like them. Also It makes absolutely no sense to compile, pressure or tell a childfree person to have X number of children just because you have it or you want to have.

Yeah, those who had 30, 20, 10 or 5 had their reasons, You have your reasons for having the X number of children you had or intending to have, that' are your reasons not anyone's. Would you have X amount of kids based on someone's reason for having the number children he/she have?

Personally I don't have any reason to why I would want a child or do I see any need to birth a child. For most childfree people that's it.
Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Dexy4yah(m): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2023
Even in the bible marriage is optional, having kids is not for everyone.
Its your choice.... people should respect that thou in this part of the world... you will be seen as a waste of sperm for taking such decision
Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by falcon01: 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exactly. If someone doesn't want kids let them be, what's your own?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
If you'll be able to live with that decision at old age, then there's nothing wrong with deciding not to have children.

Reason I'm saying this is because I have an aunt like that, she had a chance to have more children when her son died as an infant, but she decided that she didn't want anymore children... Her husband later also died and she made a decision that she was going to spend the rest of her life as a widow.

Now that she's old, she constantly gets jealous of the relationship we have with our mother, her younger sister... Whenever we buy our mother gifts, she expects us to also buy her the same gifts, if we don't, she gets mad at us.

Each time she has disagreements with our mother, she'd come to us and start bad mouthing her and expect us to be in support of the things she says and go against our mother even though in most cases she's the wrong one.

So if you're willing to live up to your decision even at old age to a point that you wouldn't start expecting another person's child or children to start acting like they're your biological children, then go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Childfree: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
Dexy4yah:
Even in the bible marriage is optional, having kids is not for everyone.
Its your choice.... people should respect that thou in this part of the world... you will be seen as a waste of sperm for taking such decision

Yeah, but the good news is that what they say holds no water. I careless if this is what it would take to live the life I envision for myself.

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Childfree: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
falcon01:
Exactly. If someone doesn't want kids let them be, what's your own?

When someone says he/she don't want to have children most of them take it like the person is also saying they shouldn't have kids also. Or that the decision they took to have kids is wrong.

Secondly, the herd mentality. Everyone does it, how dare you say you wouldn't have it.
Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Childfree: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
Samantha124:
If you'll be able to live with that decision at old age, then there's nothing wrong with deciding not to have children.

Reason I'm saying this is because I have an aunt like that, she had a chance to have more children when her son died as an infant, but she decided that she didn't want anymore children... Her husband later also died and she made a decision that she was going to spend the rest of her life as a widow.

Now that she's old, she constantly gets jealous of the relationship we have with our mother, her younger sister... Whenever we buy our mother gifts, she expects us to also buy her the same gifts, if we don't, she gets mad at us.

Each time she has disagreements with our mother, she'd come to us and start bad mouthing her and expect us to be in support of the things she says and go against our mother even though in most cases she's the wrong one.

So if you're willing to live up to your decision even at old age to a point that you wouldn't start expecting another person's child or children to start acting like they're your biological children, then go for it.

Your first sentence.
However it turns out I'll still be fine.

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
I wish you the best then.

I once did considered the idea of not having children.
Childfree:

Your first sentence.
However it turns out I'll still be fine.
Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Childfree: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I wish you the best then.

I once did considered the idea of not having children.

It is good thing that you have brainstormed on whether you want kids or not, to have them or not. Most people never do. I wish you the best on your choice.

Curious, what brought forth the idea and why it changed I you don't mind sharing?
Re: Don't Want To Have Kids; Why Do People See It As Crime Against Them? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2023
I learned from my sisters that motherhood is not a walk in the park and it really does takes a village to raise a child, not to mention children... So at one point I decided that motherhood was not for me because I couldn't imagine myself going through all that stress in the name of motherhood.

But before I knew it, something happened and I fell in love, I started imagining myself having at least two kids with the guy and it's still part of the plan even now.
Childfree:

It is good thing that you have brainstormed on whether you want kids or not, to have them or not. Most people never do. I wish you the best on your choice.

Curious, what brought forth the idea and why it changed I you don't mind sharing?

(1) (Reply)

This Is What We Have Left In The Dating World,genz Baddies / 5 Qualities Women Look Out For In A Man Aside Money / Before You Divorce, Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.