Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Taking Advantage Of Quiet People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Taking Advantage Of Quiet People (5814 Views)

Ladies Dating Quiet Men, Share Your Experiences / Take Advantage Of Bazouka To Solve Ur Joystick Size Problem / Are Quiet People Really Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Rosaline5000: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2023
Why do most people like taking advantage of quiet people, as if they think if someone is quiet they see them as "mumu" because it's really frustrating.

Someone been quiet doesn't mean the people dont know anything or can't handle situation.

Take for example, there is one neighbour I have, she has been looking for a house girl for months now and she was willing to pay 25k for it, she has even paid an agent for it.
So one day she met this house girl that was living in the same street with her friend and asked her if she can find a girl for her, the house girl said she has a Sister that she can bring for her.
So this my neighbour gave her 15k to bring the girl, then the girl came and start working for her, the girl was very quiet and humble, she can tell the girl to run up and down the street and the girl will do it without complain.

My neighbour have a shop so the girl was going to the shop and doing Sales girl and also doing house girl at home, after one month my neighbour didn't pay the girl saying the 15k she use to bring the girl is her first month salary.
The girl didn't say anything because she is a quiet person and my neighbour like telling everyone that this girl doesn't know anything and she is the one teaching her everything.
So after second month of working my neighbour finally paid the girl and guess what she paid her 10k, imagine in this economy she is paying someone that is doing sales girl and house girl together for her 10k and the funny thing was she paid the girl once the girl told her, her period have come and she should buy pad for her, then she gave her her salary and tell her to buy pad from it.

It's just funny how some people thinks they are so smart they can take advantage of people, anyway the housegirl shocked her last week and pack her things and left, she was so surprised saying it people around that have spoiled the girl for her because she can't believe someone quiet like that can have her own mind of making that decision.
Now she is looking for a new girl and anybody she met they are telling her 25k and more, funny thing was that the old housegirl could have accepted 15k only of she didn't try to be smart about the situation.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Offpointng: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2023
Rosaline5000:

anyway the housegirl shocked her last week and pack her things and left, she was so surprised saying it people around that have spoiled the girl for her because she can't believe someone quiet like that can have her own mind of making that decision.
Now she is looking for a new girl and anybody she met they are telling her 25k and more, funny thing was that the old housegirl could have accepted 15k only of she didn't try to be smart about the situation.

Dear God pls forgive me for being glad but may the hand of the good Lord rest upon that lady where ever she goes. I mean peopl are just unnecessarily mean and wicked

Same way I remember I and my best friend some years ago working for one man that was rich and very busy and the life of his business was in our hand cuz I and my friend were literally the ones overseeing everything that if we made 100k daily and told him we only made 70/80k daily, he'd not know. But then I and my best friend were very honest and faithful (and he knows bout this cuz he has tested us 3ice and we passed) but guess how much this man was paying us in Lagos? 20k and will still stress us and insult us like no man's business not until one particular day I and my friend sat up and gave ourselves sense and began getting our monthly salary in just a week. The boss will still insult us but we didn't mind as far as we were getting X5 of our salary monthly from his business we didn't mind infact, na my mama I dey send my salary give every month (I flex for that man's money no be small). twas NYSC that saved him from our hands. even after we thought we were a little wicked, the next person he employed after us I heard he used the man's money process his documents abroad and ran away

Most of all these bosses that feels wise, smart and wicked don't know they're shooting themselves in the Leg. very wicked Idiots angry

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by MechanicMike: 10:16am On Jun 24, 2023
Rosaline5000:
Why do most people like taking advantage of quiet people, as if they think if someone is quiet they see them as "mumu" because it's really frustrating.

Someone been quiet doesn't mean the people dont know anything or can't handle situation.

Take for example, there is one neighbour I have, she has been looking for a house girl for months now and she was willing to pay 25k for it, she has even paid an agent for it.
So one day she met this house girl that was living in the same street with her friend and asked her if she can find a girl for her, the house girl said she has a Sister that she can bring for her.
So this my neighbour gave her 15k to bring the girl, then the girl came and start working for her, the girl was very quiet and humble, she can tell the girl to run up and down the street and the girl will do it without complain.

My neighbour have a shop so the girl was going to the shop and doing Sales girl and also doing house girl at home, after one month my neighbour didn't pay the girl saying the 15k she use to bring the girl is her first month salary.
The girl didn't say anything because she is a quiet person and my neighbour like telling everyone that this girl doesn't know anything and she is the one teaching her everything.
So after second month of working my neighbour finally paid the girl and guess what she paid her 10k, imagine in this economy she is paying someone that is doing sales girl and house girl together for her 10k and the funny thing was she paid the girl once the girl told her, her period have come and she should buy pad for her, then she gave her her salary and tell her to buy pad from it.

It's just funny how some people thinks they are so smart they can take advantage of people, anyway the housegirl shocked her last week and pack her things and left, she was so surprised saying it people around that have spoiled the girl for her because she can't believe someone quiet like that can have her own mind of making that decision.

angry
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by MechanicMike: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2023
Rosaline5000:

You don't like to obey?.(no oofense) angry

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by T0BY(m): 10:31am On Jun 24, 2023
Some people are really taking quiet people for granted not knowing they're even more dangerous than they thought.

I wasn't surprised to see that it was actually a female behaving like that towards the house girl. They're naturally wicked.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Candidlady: 10:39am On Jun 24, 2023
We the quiet ones

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by GodWrites: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2023
Rosaline5000:

It's just funny how some people thinks they are so smart they can take advantage of people, anyway the housegirl shocked her last week and pack her things and left, she was so surprised saying it people around that have spoiled the girl for her because she can't believe someone quiet like that can have her mind of making that decision.

She is not quiet, she's a mumu. I am a very quiet person and reserved, but that doesn't mean I can't talk when the need arises. If you behave anyhow, I will change it for you immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Vicboy1(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2023
GodWrites:

She is not quiet, she's a mumu. I am a very quiet person and reserved, but that doesn't mean I can't talk when the need arises. If you behave anyhow, I will change it for you immediately.
Oga she ain't' any mumu

2 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by siofra(f): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2023
GodWrites:

She's not a mumu. A mumu will still be working there.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by chinae(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2023
GodWrites:

Everything isn't violence or screaming ontop of you voice because "you want change am for the person head". One can achieve same result in quietude via other means.

4 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by GodWrites: 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
GreatVocalist:

She's quiet, persevering and respectful.

You're quiet, and not the other two. You're probably temperamental too.

That's the difference between you two. She's not a mumu.

I don't know about perseverance, but I can't be respectful to my oppressor, nor can I tolerate being walked on.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Treasure17(m): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
''The gentility of a Tiger is not a form of cowardice" Untill you change it for them, taking your quiteness for foolishness is inevitable. Once in a while let it be fire for fire.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by purples25(f): 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2023
I love this topic because it addresses something I really hate. Nigerians love to take advantage of meek people too much.

Majority of people act razz and crazy, and if you don't act like them, they believe something is wrong with you.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by owiko(m): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
Only people with the right mental attitude towards life, don't see the need to trample on, or exploit people they perceive as quiet, weak or vulnerable. I'm extremely quiet, but very capable of giving shege for shege.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Sonnobax15(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
lipsrsealed
I swear down,op has just written about my immediate pain......Deep down,I'm a very quiet guy.....And it always pain me when I see people trying to take advantage of my meekness......My banny don complain tire about my quietness but it seems I'm wired like that sad

2 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by kkins25(m): 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
Yeah! Just like how I'm always spending more anytime i go to market. Once they detect your nature, then, booom... inflation... ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ I sometimes know that's not the price but... i hate myself sometimes..

Quietness has its disadvantages and advantages. The advantage, for me, is that no one ever suspect i can do evil. The disadvantage being unable to voice out during time of need and distress..

2 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by vdestro: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
I pray one day, evil shall enter her house and stab her to death.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Epositive(m): 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
One skill that took me long to learn is the art of complaining. I have realized it's a necessity for survival and to avoid see finish in this wicked world that will ride on your calm nature. grin angry

Now, if you ask me for help and I come through, I will subtly mention how difficult the process was so you won't be eager to ask the next time. And even if you do, I will quickly remind you the tedious processes involved. Because people tend to think some things are easy to do just because you seem okay with doing them, not knowing you're just the "I can't shout" type.

Also, if you ask me how I'm doing, I will tell you "I'm fine o but *quickly inserts the current shege I'm facing*. That way, you will know I don't have it all, especially when it comes to finance.

Learn to complain. Learn to be assertive. Suffering in silence is not a virtue, else, you will become tissue paper in the hands of people.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by nairalander2020(m): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
People take advantage of quiet people facts

5 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by PROPEACE: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
T0BY:
people are really taking quiet people for granted not knowing they're even more dangerous than they thought.

I wasn't surprised to see that it was actually a female behaving like that towards the house girl. They're naturally wicked.
Reminds me of the movie "The Count of Monte Cristo", if you haven't watched it, please do and see how a good man was turned to a wicked one. Most Nigerians are naturally sadistic, they get their kicks from being wicked and quite sadly, they prey on gentle people.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Epositive(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
Treasure17:
''The gentility of a Tiger is not a form of cowardice" Untill you change it for them, taking your quiteness for foolishness is inevitable. Once in a while let it be fire for fire.

Personally, I don't have the energy for fire for fire. Former me will resort to what the lady did ; disappear and act like we never met. Win win for both parties. I still use the tactic once in a while tho, emi ika grin But now, I will call your attention to it. Infact, I don't think I have that patience as before, probably due to the shege-inside-sapa and adulthood factors. angry

5 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Babaalajo(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
People always want to take advantage of a quiet or gentle person because they think everything will be okay with them no matter what they offer them ๐Ÿ˜Œ at my workplace I don't take loan and I don't borrow money from any of my colleague๐Ÿ’but anytime they need small cash like this they will turn to me to loan them money just because they know I sell some electronic online๐Ÿ˜’I do give them because I don't know how to turn people down especially if I have ๐Ÿ˜Šbut fast forward to last year November I took 300k loan and the bizz I used it for crash and I need to repay the money in 3months time ๐Ÿ™†I ask many people at my workplace to loan me small amount just to recover small but nobody fit lend me #1๐Ÿค” what they told me was I'm more than that๐Ÿ˜€ after I repay the money finish I'm still lending them money if I have but I don't makes it easier for them like before...

2 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Psady(m): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
I may be quiet but not foolish, if u bring in the "I get sense pass u tactics ",hmmm! U can't see me coming .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Badmashii(m): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
Omor you can't be meek and survive peacefully in the street of lagos. You need to be LOUD AND BOISTEROUS. In other words, you need to dey change am for people steady steady anytime they Bleep up. Lasgidi guys fit relate with me.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by ComputerOperato: 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hehehe....
The girl is a good girl.
This is something I could do.
I also voice out sometimes depending on the situation.
Na gentle, I gentle. Not stupid.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by diogo23: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
Rosaline5000:

Women are their own enemy
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by 1Sharon(f): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
It's so satisfying when a bully gets their comeuppance.
Quiet people are just waiting for their moment.

They're the worst people to fvck around with.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Barims(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
GodWrites:

You are not quite, you are stupid โœ…
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by JayromWrites: 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2023
If there is anything I pray to God for every night. It is to take this quietness from me.

Like, I find it hard to talk, no matter how hurtful it is to me. And people have treated me like trash because of it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ex Girlfriend Wants Me Back. / Guys How True Is This ? (PHOTO) / Man Who Cut Off His Ears And Nose To Look Like Skull Wants His GENITALS Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.