Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,404 members, 7,836,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Few Things I Dislike About Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Few Things I Dislike About Christians (1554 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo / What Pastor E.A Adeboye Says About Christians Wearing Makeup, Jewellery, Wigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2023
1.The have this moral superiority complex in them. You can see this with the missionaries who goes house to house to spread their religion. They always think that they know everything and their little pretty holy book has answers to everything. They think that the whole world should revolve around this book and the book should dictate how everyone live their lives including government policies.

2. They Disrespect other people's beliefs. You can see this in the missionaries who goes house to house to spread this religion. As soon as they see a Muslim, traditionalist or irreligious, they will immediate say we are here to safe you from hell fire. This itself is a very rude and what is worst they even claim the respective deities or rituals as Satan and satanic. Their lack of knowledge of a particular culture and practice and their intolerance in them makes them say this.

3.They are not pro science, the orthodox churches are a little more proscience than the pentecostal churches. The pentecostal churches as a matter of fact are running a deliberate anti-science campaign. They get triggered when they confront irreligious people and at first they try to show how science and Bible gets along well. As soon as you point them out one by one, they will play gymnastic and twist and turn and also cherry picking a few worlds to suit science. When you debunk all of it, they will claim that not everything in science are proven and most scientific theories are just theories and not a proven fact. This makes me laugh, as they don't even know what is a scientific theory means.

4. They are Over defensive. Well this is very much present in all religious people but Christian and Muslims tend to be extremely defensive and denial. Esp when it comes to the basic logic in the Bible.

5. Hypocrites. Yes, they are the most hypocrite people, they critise other religion and yet they can't stand a simple criticism.

6. Cheap behaviour/ religion business. Yes, they normally target the poor people and in the name of charity they try to convert the poor people. Charity is never done sincerely and its more of a religious and business purpose. What is worst, there are several cases where they convert people uneducated ones without their knowledge. This happens widely in rural area in Africa and India.

7 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 7:24am On Jun 29, 2023
Kudos to 1 and 2.
And that number 3. They are always talk ill about science, but today almost everything they are using is from scientists and the devil e.g phone, car, and vice versa.
Why people stick to christian stuff was because they were brainwashed at the tender age.
Imagine at the age of your early thirties or forties, one person from no where will just come with one book and tell you that u will go to hell if you don't believe this so called book.
And the worst part is, they are ready to kill u if u question this there so called book.

3 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2023
God will have mercy on you.

2 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Oloki: 7:27am On Jun 29, 2023
Ok. This is for christians. Can you tell us about Muslim people, and along the way, tell us the religion you practice, so we can take it up from there.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 7:27am On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
1.The have this moral superiority complex in them. You can see this with the missionaries who goes house to house to spread their religion. They always think that they know everything and their little pretty holy book has answers to everything. They think that the whole world should revolve around this book and the hook should dictate how everyone lie their lives including government policies.

2. They Disrespect other people's beliefs. You can see this in the missionaries who goes house to house to spread this religion. As soon as they see a Muslim, traditionalist or irreligious, they will immediate say we are here to safe you from hell fire. This itself is a very rude and what is worst they even claim the respective deities or rituals as Satan and satanic. Their lack of knowledge of a particular culture and practice and their intolerance in them makes them say this.

3.They are not pro science, the orthodox churches are a little more proscience than the pentecostal churches. The pentecostal churches as a matter of fact are running a deliberate anti-science campaign. They get triggered when they confront irreligious people and at first they try to show how science and Bible gets along well. As soon as you point them out one by one, they will play gymnastic and twist and turn and also cherry picking a few worlds to suit science. When you debunk all of it, they will claim that not everything in science are proven and most scientific theories are just theories and not a proven fact. This makes me laugh, as they don't even know what is a scientific theory means.

4. They are Over defensive. Well this is very much present in all religious people but Christian and Muslims tend to be extremely defensive and denial. Esp when it comes to the basic logic in the Bible.

5. Hypocrites. Yes, they are the most hypocrite people, they critise other religion and yet they can't stand a simple criticism.

6. Cheap behaviour/ religion business. Yes, they normally target the poor people and in the name of charity they try to convert the poor people. Charity is never done sincerely and its more of a religious and business purpose. What is worst, there are several cases where they convert people uneducated ones without their knowledge. This happens widely in rural area in Africa and India.

What do you dislike about Christ?

2 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by ManWater: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2023
Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch

Instead of attacking another's faith, why not proclaim your own faith/belief so people can see the light.
Best way to confront darkness is to shine the light. smiley
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Darkandhandsom(m): 7:39am On Jun 29, 2023
Who cares about your hate? Abeg go sleep
Workch:
1.The have this moral superiority complex in them. You can see this with the missionaries who goes house to house to spread their religion. They always think that they know everything and their little pretty holy book has answers to everything. They think that the whole world should revolve around this book and the book should dictate how everyone live their lives including government policies.

2 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

This is a great question…

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by VeryWickedPrick: 8:36am On Jun 29, 2023
OP snap your forehead.
I wan check something.

2 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by hisgrace090: 8:46am On Jun 29, 2023
Things are acceptable by us if its allowed by the book "bible" God gave men wisdom to pursue science and satan gave men wrong wisdom to pursue dangerouse science to work against God.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13am On Jun 29, 2023
You don't know the real Christians!

We don't judge anyone {Matthew 7:1-4} we love everyone around us even if you don't share our beliefs {Matthew 22:39} we must not raise weapons against anyone no matter what such a person think about us {Matthew 5:43-48} we don't discriminate as long as you're ready to live by the same standard with us you automatically become one of us {John 17:20-23} we don't engage in worldly politics {John 17:14} because it's the only reason why people do kill people without remorse {Revelations 6:3-4} we seek peace with all our neighbours {Romans 12:18} that's why we pay uninvited visit to our neighbour's homes {Matthew 10:11-12} to find friends of peace in our community! Matthew 10:13

So if truly you know what Christianity is all about you will love the concept because it's pro-humanity!

2 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 9:57am On Jun 29, 2023
Which one is science and dangerous science again, una always find way to justifty una claims which is very bad.
hisgrace090:
Things are acceptable by us if its allowed by the book "bible" God gave men wisdom to pursue science and satan gave men wrong wisdom to pursue dangerouse science to work against God.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2023
hisgrace090:
This is exactly what I pointed out in the original post.

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 10:03am On Jun 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

I do not dislike christ, I don't think such entity exist or ever existed as there are no sufficient evidence to make such verdict. Irrespective of this, the teachings of Christ in the Bible is worth emulating and this world would be a better place if Christians can actually be Christ-like, but in reality they are not.

I don't dislike christians either, I dislike some of their behaviors
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
I do not dislike christ, I don't think such entity exist or ever existed as there are no sufficient evidence to make such verdict. Irrespective of this, the teachings of Christ in the Bible is worth emulating and this world would be a better place if Christians can actually be Christ-like, but in reality they are not.

Workch you can’t claim to be pro-scientific research and then say “I don't think such entity exist or ever existed as there are no sufficient evidence to make such verdict” about Jesus.

There is strong consensus from non-religious historians about Jesus existing and how he died. You can bash Christianity while sticking to the facts lol.

Anyway thank you for your honest answer about Christ. Christians indeed should all try to be Christ-like but none of us are perfect ❤️

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:

Okay, I appreciate that. Christ exists. All things seemingly revolve around him for some and actually for us Christians. You see , his teachings are like a constitution of a country. They are the ideals we all should keep to check excesses. There are some of us either by zeal or ignorance or knowledge, we want to act with pride our believe. We are still human.

Nonetheless, Jesus' teachings have shapen and built many great countries. These nations also have not obeyed 100% but at least better than ours. In summary, forgive our excesses. I will like to say like Paul in chains in front of a king who held similar view as yours. " I would like you to be like me except in these chains..."

Since Christ exists, I would love you are part of us without our excesses. I dó love you with the love of Christ.
Cheers brother.

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 11:49am On Jun 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

Okay, I appreciate that. Christ exists. All things seemingly revolve around him for some and actually for us Christians. You see , his teachings are like a constitution of a country. They are the ideals we all should keep to check excesses. There are some of us either by zeal or ignorance or knowledge, we want to act with pride our believe. We are still human.

Nonetheless, Jesus' teachings have shapen and built many great countries. These nations also have not obeyed 100% but at least better than ours. In summary, forgive our excesses. I will like to say like Paul in chains in front of a king who held similar view as yours. " I would like you to be like me except in these chains..."

Since Christ exists, I would love you are part of us without our excesses. I dó love you with the love of Christ.
Cheers brother.
like I said, I don't think there's enough evidence to conclude that a personality called Christ ever existed, I don't want to dwell on that as that's a claim that shapes the belief system of Christians.
But if you talk about his attributes and character as described by the Bible, it's wirht emulating.

You can make any conclusion to me on the basis of christ existence, there's no evidence such a person exist.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

Workch you can’t claim to be pro-scientific research and then say “I don't think such entity exist or ever existed as there are no sufficient evidence to make such verdict” about Jesus.
please can you give me the evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed that I can test or has been tested to be true?

There is strong consensus from non-religious historians about Jesus existing and how he died. You can bash Christianity while sticking to the facts lol.
it's still very debatable within historians and again, historians do not have any evidence in form of manuscript or archeological artifacts to prove the existence of Jesus. If you have any, show me.

Anyway thank you for your honest answer about Christ. Christians indeed should all try to be Christ-like but none of us are perfect ❤️
you don't need to be a Christian to live a pristine life like Christ as described in the Bible. It's a lifr that can be lived even as an atheist, you just need to be humane

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
please can you give me the evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed that I can test or has been tested to be true?

it's still very debatable within historians and again, historians do not have any evidence in form of manuscript or archeological artifacts to prove the existence of Jesus. If you have any, show me.

you don't need to be a Christian to live a pristine life like Christ as described in the Bible. It's a live that can be lived even as an atheists, you just need to be humane

You can choose to believe he didn’t exist, it’s your right . But again, there is extremely strong consensus among historical scholars that Jesus existed in person. To say it’s debatable is just not an accurate description of the status quo among historians. To deny that he ever existed is to also deny much of human history for lack of “evidence” because research in this area kind of has to work differently.

That’s why I didn’t say your claim is objectively wrong but instead said it’s not very pro-scientism (or maybe pro-academia is more appropriate). Again there are many ways to bash Christianity but this isn’t one of them ❤️
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

You can choose to believe he didn’t exist, it’s your right . But again, there is extremely strong consensus among historical scholars that Jesus existed in person. To say it’s debatable is just not an accurate description of the status quo among historians. To deny that he ever existed is to also deny much of human history for lack of “evidence” because research in this area kind of has to work differently.
yes, the existence of Jesus Christ is subject to believe and not a matter of fact and evidence.
Because many historians think that he exist does not mean he does if they don't give evidence, let's not commit fallacy of appealing to authority.

That’s why I didn’t say your claim is objectively wrong but instead said it’s not very pro-scientism (or maybe pro-academia is more appropriate). Again there are many ways to bash Christianity but this isn’t one of them ❤️
Academia doesn't mean in science.
There's no empirical evidence that Jesus exist, it's unscientific for me to think he does.

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
yes, the existence of Jesus Christ is subject to believe and not a matter of fact and evidence.
Because many historians think that he exist does not mean he does if they don't give evidence, let's not commit fallacy of appealing to authority.

Academia doesn't mean in science.
There's no empirical evidence that Jesus exist, it's unscientific for me to think he does.

Lol not "many". Virtually all who have studied it deeply.

It's nice to be on the side of authority for a change though as someone who believes in the virgin birth even though most authority in that area say it's not possible ever lol.

Do you believe Alexander the Great existed? William Shakespeare? Isaac Newton? ❤️
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

So where is the evidence l, I will change my mind if you show me one

It's nice to be on the side of authority for a change though as someone who believes in the virgin birth even though most authority in that area say it's not possible ever lol.

Do you believe Alexander the Great existed? William Shakespeare? Isaac Newton? ❤️
it's not nice to follow authority without authority providing evidence. It makes one a zombie and that's why there's a fallacy specially created for it.
When referencing an authority, is important to bring the evidence this authority found. We need to start teaching religious people the basics of logic and reasoning

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

I don't know much about Alexander the great.
However, using Isaac Newton and William Shakespeare is a faulty equivalence, there are tonnes of evidence in form of pictures, their residence and even rooms that they both existed. None exist for Jesus.

The evidence for the existence of Jesus christ is equivalent to that of Robin hood. There's no evidence that both ever existed

3 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
So where is the evidence l, I will change my mind if you show me one

it's not nice to follow authority without authority providing evidence. It's makes one a zombie and that's why there's a fallacy specially created for it.
When referencing an authority, is important to bring the evidence this authority found. We need to start teaching religious people the basics of logic and reasoning

I'm a Christian. I'd believe in Jesus even if the smartest people in the world concluded tomorrow that he never existed lol. You can make of that what you want but that's me. I'm a full on "Zombie" for Christ to use your own words lol.

You've said you lean towards logic & science (unlike us zombies lol) but then said you "don't think such entity exist or ever existed" about Jesus and I'm saying that virtually all the smartest people in the world in the area of history agree that Jesus existed. Just like they do about Alexander the Great etc (I like that you didn't answer the question about the others lol)

If you think it is "not nice" to tell you what the authorities in this area believe without providing evidence then I can only apologies. The internet is open to all though. I was only interested in offering that virtually all the authority in this area say Jesus existed.

I've even admitted earlier that "I can't say your claim is objectively wrong" so not sure why you seem to be getting mad at me ❤️
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
I don't know much about Alexander the great.
However, using Isaac Newton and William Shakespeare is a faulty equivalence, there are tonnes of evidence in form of pictures, their residence and even rooms that they both existed. None exist for Jesus.

The evidence for the existence of Jesus christ is equivalent to that of Robin hood. There's no evidence that both ever existed

I mean if I wanted to be obtuse I could say that pictures is not enough empirical evidence that Isaac Newton existed. I mean Newton died in the 18th century and I understand the camera was only invented in the 19th century. So what you're seeing are drawings.

Anyway I accept that all these people existed because there's no reason not to. Just showing you the natural extrapolation of your logic.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

I'm a Christian. I'd believe in Jesus even if the smartest people in the world concluded tomorrow that he never existed lol. You can make of that what you want but that's me. I'm a full on "Zombie" for Christ to use your own words lol.
sincerely, it's not a problem, as long as you draw inspiration from it. As long as you don't make it a fact that others must accept.

You've said you lean towards logic & science (unlike us zombies lol) but then said you "don't think such entity exist or ever existed" about Jesus and I'm saying that virtually all the smartest people in the world in the area of history agree that Jesus existed. Just like they do about Alexander the Great etc (I like that you didn't answer the question about the others lol)
Because you are saying this again does not mean that it's not a fallacy of appealing to authority. Tell those smart people to tell you the evidence so you can show me.

If you think it is "not nice" to tell you what the authorities in this area believe without providing evidence then I can only apologies. The internet is open to all though. I was only interested in offering that virtually all the authority in this area say Jesus existed.
do you think I have not searched the internet for evidence of Jesus?
If I saw one, then why am I still asking you?
If you think that I didn't search properly, you can refer me to link for one.
I've even admitted earlier that "I can't say your claim is objectively wrong" so not sure why you seem to be getting mad at me ❤️
I'm not getting mad my brother. It's just a friendly conversation.
Don't be defensive

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

I mean if I wanted to be obtuse I could say that pictures is not enough empirical evidence that Isaac Newton existed. I mean Newton died in the 18th century and I understand the camera was only invented in the 19th century. So what you're seeing are drawings.
You could also say this about Robin hood and Kong Arthur.
But we can still find Isaac Newton family members in England and they still have a family house and even kept where Isaac lived. You cannot say that about Jesus.

Anyway I accept that all these people existed because there's no reason not to. Just showing you the natural extrapolation of your logic.
I don't think there's logic is comparing the existence of Isaac newton to that of Jesus Christ

3 Likes

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
sincerely, it's not a problem, as long as you draw inspiration from it. As long as you don't make it a fact that others must accept.

Because you are saying this again does not mean that it's not a fallacy of appealing to authority. Tell those smart people to tell you the evidence so you can show me.

do you think I have not searched the internet for evidence of Jesus?
If I saw one, then why am I still asking you?
If you think that I didn't search properly, you can refer me to link for one.
I'm not getting mad my brother. It's just a friendly conversation.
Don't be defensive

You said you don't believe he existed. Do you have evidence he never existed? lol

You say you couldn't find evidence he existed. I'm assuming you read the reasons why virtually all those scholars believe he existed. But you decided to believe he never existed without evidence he didn't exists?

Doesn't seem like a logically coherent position to take to me
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

You said you don't believe he existed. Do you have evidence he never existed? lol
Do you have evidence that I didn't place a teapot somewhere between the orbit ot Mars and Earth that no telescope can see?

You say you couldn't find evidence he existed. I'm assuming you read the reasons why virtually all those scholars believe he existed. But you decided to believe he never existed without evidence he didn't exists?
I have read all and still cannot find an empiricsl evidence, so I don't know if Jesus actually existed.
You can show me evidence from those scholars that has convinced you this far

Doesn't seem like a logically coherent position to take to me
It is, I have to see evidence before I believe it. That's logic

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
You could also say this about Robin hood and Kong Arthur.
But we can still find Isaac Newton family members in England and they still have a family house and even kept where Isaac lived. You cannot say that about Jesus.

I don't think there's logic is comparing the existence of Isaac newton to that of Jesus Christ

I mean I don't think so either. But someone could follow the same reasoning you're following and conclude that Isaac Newton didn't exists. The fact that there is a house somewhere that people claim he lived in or there are humans today claiming to be his descendants is not "empirical evidence" is it lol.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
Do you have evidence that I didn't place a teapot somewhere between the orbit ot Mars and Earth that no telescope can see?

I have read all and still cannot find an empiricsl evidence, so I don't know if Jesus actually existed.
You can show me evidence from those scholars that has convinced you this far

It is, I have to see evidence before I believe it. That's logic

Saying you don't know he existed is different to saying you don't believe he existed. I believe we have made some progress lol ❤️
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

I mean I don't think so either. But someone could follow the same reasoning you're following and conclude that Isaac Newton didn't exists. The fact that there is a house somewhere that people claim he lived in or there are humans today claiming to be his descendants is not "empirical evidence" is it lol.
Someone cannot follow suhc reasoning when we can still trace Isaac newton's lineage.

The legacies of Isaac newton are far more provable than that of Jesus. His works are a living fossil of his existence. Aside from the bible, which is a claim, no one can really point to any evidence that Jesus walked on this planet

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What If You Renege On A Promise You Made To God? / Death Of Pastors Rampant Because Of Sin - Babarinde / Part Of 2012 Prophecies As Concerns Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.