Stats: 3,166,171 members, 7,864,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:55 AM

Few Things I Dislike About Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Few Things I Dislike About Christians (1610 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo / What Pastor E.A Adeboye Says About Christians Wearing Makeup, Jewellery, Wigs (2) (3) (4)

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
going by your argument, we can also argue for the existence of Robin hood and King Arthur as historical figures. Of course, you and I know that there are no evidence that they existed

If you read my post well, I said Jesus is both historical and contemporaneous. All other historical figures dried and rotten in their graves. Jesus is alive and still shows Himself to people when necessary. His story is still ongoing. Mohammed died, Confucius, Gatama Bhudda, and all other prophets. Jesus lives on. Not only that He lives, He still shows Himself to people. Who knows? You could be the next.

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 8:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
Can you show me one evidence presented by any of your historians that Jesus Christ walked on this planet and let's end this long argument?

I need just one

Have you read the books of Tactics 100A.D. Flavius Josephus Herodotus?
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
lol, those are the people you are relying on?

People who thought earth is flat

What are you saying 😂

You have to combine the meaning of the two words my bro lol

You must be trolling me at this point lol
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
wegevv:

What are you saying 😂

You have to combine the meaning of the two words my bro lol

You must be trolling me at this point lol
There were no scientific research during the antiquity.
Classical Antiquity begins with the period of the writing of Homer's Illiad c. 800 BC to the decline of the Western Roman Empire c. 500 AD.

Even Aristotle thought earth is flat because they had no evidence

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

Have you read the books of Tactics 100A.D. Flavius Josephus Herodotus?
I don't take those philosophers very seriously. Antiquity thought earth is flat, they didn't even know about bacteria or cells 😂

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

If you read my post well, I said Jesus is both historical and contemporaneous. All other historical figures dried and rotten in their graves. Jesus is alive and still shows Himself to people when necessary. His story is still ongoing. Mohammed died, Confucius, Gatama Bhudda, and all other prophets. Jesus lives on. Not only that He lives, He still shows Himself to people. Who knows? You could be the next.
Robin Hood is also historical and contemporaneous

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
talented321:
Kudos to 1 and 2.
And that number 3. They are always talk ill about science, but today almost everything they are using is from scientists and the devil e.g phone, car, and vice versa.
Why people stick to christian stuff was because they were brainwashed at the tender age.
Imagine at the age of your early thirties or forties, one person from no where will just come with one book and tell you that u will go to hell if you don't believe this so called book.
And the worst part is, they are ready to kill u if u question this there so called book.

You are just talking nonsense. Christians are only against science because it is glowrified beyond its due. Only an idiot would praise his car/phone rather than God Who created us to enjoy this world.

And christiians have answered every reasonable question about the bible, without killing anyone, whereas it is you who kill christians for being christians.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
1.The have this moral superiority complex in them.

Check am now, if na you dey travel with God is Good Motors 2020 Hiace from Abuja to Aba, you no go feel superior to person wey dey use wheel barrow travel the same travel?
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
Did you read what u wrote or u just use the same christian mindset to type what u like.
Somebody with his wisdom and hard work produce a car/phone and u said we should praise god instead of the person that produce the thing.
Mind u i was brought up in a christian family from south south.
vdestro:

You are just talking nonsense. Christians are only against science because it is glowrified beyond its due. Only an idiot would praise his car/phone rather than God Who created us to enjoy this world.

And christiians have answered every reasonable question about the bible, without killing anyone, whereas it is you who kill christians for being christians.

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
please can you give me the evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed that I can test or has been tested to be true? ...

You have burnt all chance of Him revealing Himself to you as there isn't anyone anywhere who has ever spoken to or been friendly to a person who insulted him before they actually met.

Everyone of us will mark that person and permanently avoid them.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
talented321:
Did you read what u wrote or u just use the same christian mindset to type what u like.
Somebody with his wisdom and hard work produce a car/phone and u said we should praise god instead of the person that produce the thing.
Mind u i was brought up in a christian family from south south.

If the person had died before producing his toy, would he be valuable?

If the person had not been provided for and enabled would he be valuable?

If the person had not been given the talent/gift to do what he did, would he be valuable?

If the person had not been given hands, feet, and all, would he be valuable?
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
Do you have evidence that I didn't place a teapot somewhere between the orbit ot Mars and Earth that no telescope can see? ...

Yes, i have! You can not leave the earth and neither have you left the earth, therefore you did not place any teapot in any space between mars and earth.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Who do you think give him the talent/gift and who do think give him the hands.
If u say God give him the talent/gift then go and find out 90% this scientist don't believe in your god or religion.
Then how are u sure if he was creating by your god, apart from what you were taught in the bible or do you have another evidence apart that book.
vdestro:

If the person had died before producing his toy, would he be valuable?

If the person had not been provided for and enabled would he be valuable?

If the person had not been given the talent/gift to do what he did, would he be valuable?

If the person had not been given hands, feet, and all, would he be valuable?

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
I'm still trying to find an actual evidence for Jesus. You should try as well

The biggest evidence is that we are witnesses to almost all the things He Said in Mathew 24, coming to pass.

Love has wax cold, the famly is destroyed as brothers now run from their brothers.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
talented321:

If u say God give him the talent/gift then go and find out 90% this scientist don't believe in your god or religion.

As it is irrelevant whether the Camry believes it was made by Toyota, so it is irrelevant that problem solvers aka scientist do not believe.

No one really cares whether they believe or not.

talented321:

Then how are u sure if he was creating by your god, apart from what you were taught in the bible or do you have another evidence apart that book.

Simple. The proof is in the absolute control of our lives and the foretelling of our future.

God Said, thousands of centuries ago that "we shall have hardness in buying and selling" and this year, we experienced it.

No other foresaid it.

Even your atheism and rebellion was foresaid and no other foresaid it.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
1. Is irrelevant yet you want to give the credit to your god.
2. Normally the bible is a book of wisdom in some areas, even some juju priests can predict the future, better still ordinary people too can look the present situations to predict the future.
Just as the invention of social media we all know in time to come the world will covered with immorality and vice versa. Those are normal predictions so he no matter
vdestro:

As it is irrelevant whether the Camry believes it was made by Toyota, so it is irrelevant that problem solvers aka scientist do not believe.

No one really cares whether they believe or not.

Simple. The proof is in the absolute control of our lives and the foretelling of our future.

God Said, thousands of centuries ago that "we shall have hardness in buying and selling" and this year, we experienced it.

No other foresaid it.

Even your atheism and rebellion was foresaid and no other foresaid it.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
talented321:
1. Is irrelevant yet you want to give the credit to your god.

Don't change post. You are the one who made it about scientist and not about me, so its clear you can not go on here.

talented321:

2. Normally the bible is a book of wisdom in some areas, even some juju priests can predict the future, better still ordinary people too can look the present situations to predict the future.
Just as the invention of social media we all know in time to come the world will covered with immorality and vice versa. Those are normal predictions so he no matter

Yet it stands to record that no one, not you, not your scientists or your juju priests predicted any of the things we have already seen and experienced, not even the immorality, so you speak emptily.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
Classical Antiquity begins with the period of the writing of Homer's Illiad c. 800 BC to the decline of the Western Roman Empire c. 500 AD.

Scholars of today study antiquity. They study what happened back then. The scholars of today, who study what happened back then, virtually all agree that Jesus existed. Google is your friend

You don’t have to believe them though ❤️

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
1. You gats go and read what u type again.
2. Like i have said the bible is a book of wisdom in some areas.
Apart from that If you want to claim your validity with prediction, then what about the inventions where christian folk didnot do any, or you think the prediction is more important than the help scientist have rendered to humanity.
vdestro:

Don't change post. You are the one who made it about scientist and not about me, so its clear you can not go on here.

Yet it stands to record that no one, not you, not your scientists or your juju priests predicted any of the things we have already seen and experienced, not even the immorality, so you speak emptily.

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Workch:
I don't take those philosophers very seriously. Antiquity thought earth is flat, they didn't even know about bacteria or cells 😂

I’ve just realised you have assumed “scholars of antiquity” meant the “scholars who existed during antiquity” 😂. I guess I can only apologise for the confusion.

A “scholar of antiquity” refers to someone in the present time who studies antiquity (the ancient times). Similar to a “scholar of anthropology” for example.

I’ve assumed you were arguing in bad faith but maybe you’re just not aware of what I’m referencing. You can find various forums, subreddits, YouTube channels etc where the very best scholars of antiquity discuss their evidence for why they believe Jesus existed and on the other hand why they can’t say King Arthur existed at all ❤️. It’s mostly based on study of literature.

CC: mightysparrow, I caused the confusion so apologies to you too ❤️

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 12:23am On Jun 30, 2023
Workch:
Robin Hood is also historical and contemporaneous

In what ways are people affected by Robin Hood? Who are his followers. What is his interaction with people today.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 12:29am On Jun 30, 2023
Workch:

None of these are philosophers but historians. Herodotus is called father of history. Josephus himself was a Jewish professional historian that lived around the time of Jesus or shortly after. He wrote so much about Jewish history.

Your claim that no historian wrote about Jesus is not correct.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2023
MightySparrow:

In what ways are people affected by Robin Hood? Who are his followers. What is his interaction with people today.
I can start a Robin Hood religion today
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2023
wegevv:

I’ve just realised you have assumed “scholars of antiquity” meant the “scholars who existed during antiquity” 😂. I guess I can only apologise for the confusion.

A “scholar of antiquity” refers to someone in the present time who studies antiquity (the ancient times). Similar to a “scholar of anthropology” for example.

I’ve assumed you were arguing in bad faith but maybe you’re just not aware of what I’m referencing. You can find various forums, subreddits, YouTube channels etc where the very best scholars of antiquity discuss their evidence for why they believe Jesus existed and on the other hand why they can’t say King Arthur existed at all ❤️. It’s mostly based on study of literature.

CC: mightysparrow, I caused the confusion so apologies to you too ❤️
Scholars of antiquity don't have evidence for Jesus.

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2023
wegevv:

Scholars of today study antiquity. They study what happened back then. The scholars of today, who study what happened back then, virtually all agree that Jesus existed. Google is your friend

You don’t have to believe them though ❤️
okay, sho what are the evidence they have?
The time of Jesus doesn't even fall within the Era of antiquity.

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Workch:
Scholars of antiquity don't have evidence for Jesus.

They do ❤️
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by wegevv: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Workch:
okay, sho what are the evidence they have?
The time of Jesus doesn't even fall within the Era of antiquity.

This statement is clearly made in bad faith so forgive me if I chose to ignore it ❤️
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 9:07am On Jun 30, 2023
Workch:
I can start a Robin Hood religion today

That would be fine.
For a nonexistent Robin Hood
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
MightySparrow:

That would be fine.
For a nonexistent Robin Hood
You can't prove he doesn't exist, just like Jesus
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
wegevv:

This statement is clearly made in bad faith so forgive me if I chose to ignore it ❤️
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by MightySparrow: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
Workch:
You can't prove he doesn't exist, just like Jesus

I don't really know much about Robin Hood but I know Jesus.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
talented321:
1. You gats go and read what u type again.
2. Like i have said the bible is a book wisdom in some areas.
Apart from that If you want claim your validity with prediction, then what about the inventions where christian folk didnot do any, or you think the prediction is more important than the help scientist have rendered to humanity.

As soon as man was created he started inventing, so there is nothing new about inventing.

But surely, it is a very big deal to be informed about something disastrous which will destroy and mar our living. (Prediction)

Object Of Clarification, God Is Not You / Where Elisha,eunoch,moses Have Gone When God Took Them Alive / Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53