Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,515 members, 7,861,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:56 PM

Few Things I Dislike About Christians - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Few Things I Dislike About Christians (1584 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo / What Pastor E.A Adeboye Says About Christians Wearing Makeup, Jewellery, Wigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 10:24am On Jul 01, 2023
Where is he getting those cash from, from his followers or god.
U still have a very long way to go, imagine telling me this nonsense.[quote author=gohf post=124140925] lol, u choose to easily believe nonsense and lies yet you question their believe?

Do you know how much in dollars some of the ministries receive. Do u know how much Jerry Eze makes from his online NSDPP. Do u know how many branches worldwide they have, lol, do u see the cars that drive into those church buildings. Even your governors go, did one governor go n do ushering in one church. They are also part of the poor abi.

And u calm down and tell yourself that what you are saying makes sense
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by gohf: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2023
vdestro:

And you are back to the "i dey go read/i don read chapter 1-4 (telling/preaching part) which we have already settled, so no issue then.

and what you just wrote makes sense, how?
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 10:58am On Jul 01, 2023
gohf:
and what you just wrote makes sense, how?

O man, we have gone passed this.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 11:12am On Jul 01, 2023
talented321:
You example of someone died of furnication is so dumb. Death is everywhere even inside your church, on your way travelling, on ur sleep. Telling me to believe in christinity so that i will not regret later is the biggest joke ever.
Christianity is a white man tradition such as we have muslim, our traditional worship and vice versa. Even the white people who give u this religion is not taking it this far again like we do here in nigeria.

The highlight is blocking you from seeing what i have said for no where did i ask you to follow Christianity. It is your right to choose to play with electricity or play ludo. That is entirely your business.

But without any doubt, it is known that we all pay the price for whatever decisions we make whether good or bad, like the people who died disgracefully and shamefully for their pursuits of fornication.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by talented321: 11:16am On Jul 01, 2023
I know where you are going that is it why i make it clear to you.
vdestro:

The highlight is blocking you from seeing what i have said for no where did i ask you to follow Christianity. It is your right to choose to play with electricity or play ludo. That is entirely your business.

But without any doubt, it is known that we all pay the price for whatever decisions we make whether good or bad, like the people who died disgracefully and shamefully for their pursuits of fornication.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by gohf: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2023
talented321:
Gohf:
I believe u are using your christian midset to talk anyhow u like.
Who told u people who you don't believe in ur religion are evil, does it mean u can't think for urself apart from the bible.
are you offended? Did I tell you anybody told me that people who don't believe in religion are evil, or is this one of your weird imaginations again. How u make and mix things up in your head. Even when you read a statement you can't take it as it is, is it a wonder that even if God appears before you you won't accept that God exists. Please, if u want to think for ur self, think for urself, who is stopping you. Does who do good are obeying God's command to do good.

I don't believe in religion stuff does not mean i am evil, i am living a legit life with family without taking advantage of others like you christians do and use church to back it up.
you are not evil, yet you lie against people, you have prejudiced against them and are quick to condemn and justify your self, your thoughts and your actions. Even if you stole a little to feed yourself wouldn't you justify it, apart all aint you better than those who do religious and political scams

The reason why u nigerians reject trdaditional worship was because it hate lie, you can't try the nonsense you doing in the name of christianity with trdaitional worship.
story, I bet you're not a traditional worshipper or ever were, I just heard stories. If they are soo good why did u leave or why haven't I joined them?

Christianity has the worst set of leaders who enrich theirselves from their poor members like you and use the bible as back up.
For ur information you religion folks are more evil than those you call evil.
Please i want know ur gender before we continue.
My gender has nothing to do with continuing, you already assumed I am a poor member, assume my sex. After all you are right in your own eyes, and others are wrong. Wait isn't that the same thing you just the Christians for. Pathetic.

Even the devil uses the Bible, if some so called religious folks are evil, what does that have to do with the ones that are actually good. In your myopic reasoning everyone of them is evil because some are bad, and you think you are good.
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by vdestro: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2023
talented321:
I know where you are going that is it why i make it clear to you.

It is churchgoers who do that, which i believe that they are doing it to drive people away from God.

I never do that, for everyone knows that, the more you tell people to move in a particular direction, the more they resist and move the opposite direction. Therefore, those still doing forcefull preaching today, eg hollaring early in the morning or hollering on the road or going to peoples housed, are just devils trying to drive away people from God.

Preaching should only be done in church.

So, i believe in experience being the best teacher and that everyone who wants to put their hands in fire or electricity should not be stopped.

But know that there is always someone like me ready to laugh when they start shouting and crying exactly as i am doing to the idiot that was atagad, i mean chidinmad.

So, dont bother, i would never preach to you
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by KnownUnknown: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
Workch:
Irrespective of this, the teachings of Christ in the Bible is worth emulating and this world would be a better place if Christians can actually be Christ-like, but in reality they are not.

What are these teachings of christ?
What does being christ-like entail?
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Lawag3: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Workch:
1.The have this moral superiority complex in them. You can see this with the missionaries who goes house to house to spread their religion. They always think that they know everything and their little pretty holy book has answers to everything. They think that the whole world should revolve around this book and the book should dictate how everyone live their lives including government policies.

2. They Disrespect other people's beliefs. You can see this in the missionaries who goes house to house to spread this religion. As soon as they see a Muslim, traditionalist or irreligious, they will immediate say we are here to safe you from hell fire. This itself is a very rude and what is worst they even claim the respective deities or rituals as Satan and satanic. Their lack of knowledge of a particular culture and practice and their intolerance in them makes them say this.

3.They are not pro science, the orthodox churches are a little more proscience than the pentecostal churches. The pentecostal churches as a matter of fact are running a deliberate anti-science campaign. They get triggered when they confront irreligious people and at first they try to show how science and Bible gets along well. As soon as you point them out one by one, they will play gymnastic and twist and turn and also cherry picking a few worlds to suit science. When you debunk all of it, they will claim that not everything in science are proven and most scientific theories are just theories and not a proven fact. This makes me laugh, as they don't even know what is a scientific theory means.

4. They are Over defensive. Well this is very much present in all religious people but Christian and Muslims tend to be extremely defensive and denial. Esp when it comes to the basic logic in the Bible.

5. Hypocrites. Yes, they are the most hypocrite people, they critise other religion and yet they can't stand a simple criticism.

6. Cheap behaviour/ religion business. Yes, they normally target the poor people and in the name of charity they try to convert the poor people. Charity is never done sincerely and its more of a religious and business purpose. What is worst, there are several cases where they convert people uneducated ones without their knowledge. This happens widely in rural area in Africa and India.

Yeah christians without Christ are the worst. But they are many true Christians

1 Like

Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
KnownUnknown:

What are these teachings of christ?
What does being christ-like entail?

being kind and humane
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
gohf:
even if there's evidence would you still believe

You have Google, there are online books, u can do it research but u lazily sit on your ass and ask someone else to find Jesus for you?

Abeg make it make sense? Lemme guess if Jesus appeared before you the next thing you ask for it make me fly or give me a million dollars
There's no evidence on Google
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by KnownUnknown: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
Workch:
being kind and humane

A couple of examples from the story book would be nice.
And can the character really be summarized as kind and humane?
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by gohf: 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Workch:
There's no evidence on Google
but there's evidence in God 👅
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
gohf:
but there's evidence in God 👅
There is no evidence for God
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by gohf: 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
Workch:
There is no evidence for God
there is, elegchos 😁
Re: Few Things I Dislike About Christians by Workch: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2023
gohf:
there is, elegchos 😁
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It A Must To Close Your Eyes While Praying / "i Am Coming!" Part Xvii (sabrina Of Belgium And Susan Of The U.s.) / Is Your Closest/best Friend Practise Different Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.