Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu (19276 Views)

Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? / SW Boko Haram Threat: Who Are The BH If Not Drug Pushers Frm South Africa~Tinubu / Nigeria's Status As A Tier One Military Power In Jeopardy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Napata77: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Nobody ever regard your Nigeria as a giant. What do you then call Egypt and south Africa? Tunisia, Algeria?

Giant in budget but midget in per capita indices. Divide your budget by the head it is meant to cater for then do same for those countries and see who the giant and midget of Africa are.

STUPID MOR.ON. By that calculation China and India are not economic giants since NUMEROUS countries including some in Africa, have a higher GDP per capita than them.

Mumu drowned in self hatred and inferiority complex.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by solonnachi: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2023
N- Nothing
I- Interests
G- God
E- Except
R-Righteousness
I- In
A-All

Proverbs 14:34
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by grandstar(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
successmatters:
A thief told me one day that he has repented and stopped stealing. I asked him "who did you sell your stealing habits to? " grin "maybe a medical doctor operated you and removed that theifing habits that made you to steal anything on sight".

Oga, you don't have that capability, you can only loot and share to your fellow looters and that's all you have ever achieved.

Despite the horrible 8 years under Buhari's woeful performance, Nigeria was and is still the largest economy in Africa.

So, Nigeria still leads.

I am apolitical. The best Tinubu can do to fight corruption is to plug the holes officials use to steal. He has done 2 by ending the fuel subsidy and unifying the exchange rates.

I believe there'll be corruption during his rule but the economy will still grow fast, though slowly at first, due to both the sordid state he met the economy and also to the overhang the subsidy removal would cause.

1 Like

Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by SpatialKing(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
DOptical:

This doesn't make sense.

The seaports in southwest was built by the SW government, so what are you saying exactly? The first seaport in Lagos was built by SW resources before the amalgamation of Nigeria yet it pumps revenue to the federal government. Shouldn't it be the sw who should be screaming blue murder here? The new Lekki seaport was built by Lagos government. So what are you saying exactly?

The federal refineries are all in SS but none is working because it seems the oil thieves don't want it work. Hence, the need to privatise them. Let the technorats take over.

The seaport in Lagos was built by the federal government

Only lekki seaport was built by Lagos government with support from Chinese government

1 Like

Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Curious346: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
Good one
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by DOptical: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
SpatialKing:

The seaport in Lagos was built by the federal government

Only lekki seaport was built by Lagos government with support from Chinese government

Nah. The first Lagos seaport was built by SW before the amalgamation of Nigeria yet pumps revenue to the federal government.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by seguno2: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
DOptical:

Yes. Lagos is still the ideal state, paying their workers and Pensioners promptly while overseeing several laudable projects, so what shit are you saying exactly?

Shit that you can’t understand.

Shit about water supply not increasing at the same rate as the increase in IGR, federal allocation plus loans since 1999.

Reflect on this, if you can.

Potable water still luxury 23 years after return of democracy

WHILE the Federal Government continues to proliferate the country with dams, it is such an irony that a state like Lagos, with its massive, constant boast of being a megacity, cannot provide its residents, thereby forcing the bulk of them to take solace in the arms of water boreholes.

At regular intervals, the two major waterworks in the state, the Adiyan, and Iju get grounded leading to the non-availability of water. In April and May last year, for instance, they both produce less than 10% of their installed capacity.

As of today, Eti-Osa, Apapa, Victoria Island, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki, Surulere, Ikorodu, Agege, Ojo, Mushin Kosofe, and most locations in the state are without access to clean water. Consequently, millions of residents now rely on boreholes, rivers, rainwater, as well as comprised wells for their water needs.

On its website, the LWC claims that it has a total installed water production capacity of 210 million gallons per day (MGD), which is far lower than the current estimated daily water demand of 540 million gallons per day.

Also, its plan to produce 745 million gallons per day by the year 2020 through the Lagos Water Supply Master Plan fell flat with the actual number of citizens having access to potable water dropping, rather than increasing 11 years after the launch of the master plan.

A senior staff of LWC, who preferred anonymity said that at present, its agency only supplies water to Lekki, parts of Ikoyi, Victoria Island (VI), Ojodu, Iju, and some parts of Ikotun.

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/potable-water-still-luxury-23-years-after-return-of-democracy/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Donedeal1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
What a lofty vision.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by MiztaDynameek: 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
successmatters:
A thief told me one day that he has repented and stopped stealing. I asked him "who did you sell your stealing habits to? " grin "maybe a medical doctor operated you and removed that theifing habits that made you to steal anything on sight".

Oga, you don't have that capability, you can only loot and share to your fellow looters and that's all you have ever achieved.

So from your reasoning, can you do anything about it than ranting online
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Johans2023: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
We are tired of empty promises
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by SpatialKing(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
DOptical:

Nah. The first Lagos seaport was built by SW before the amalgamation of Nigeria yet pumps revenue to the federal government.

See

Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by IyaTola: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
Nigeria’s floating of its currency, while progressive, will cause severe perturbations in the economy - and a stable state may not come as most experts have predicted: “The cost of petrol is expected to further rise as much as N700 per liter in northern Nigeria, and around N610 in the south from July, The Punch reports.” You will see state-wide comparative advantages emerge with energy cost making most northern areas less appealing for localization of “industries”.

In his O’ Level textbook on economics book, AO Lawal explained demand and supply and the movement of price on the demand-supply curve. If I apply what he explained in that book, floating naira with no capacity to earn USD dollars will kill Naira, because there is an asymmetric imbalance on demand and supply of USD in the Willing Buyer, Willing Seller nexus. In other words, two people may each have $100 to sell while twenty people want to buy each $100. If you do not close that number to near parity, the equilibrium point will keep shifting and I do not see how Naira will stabilize because demand outweighs supply here.

I have read many theses on how Naira will stabilize to N680. Good luck. But if you visit Marina Street in Lagos, and climb one of those tall buildings, look at the far habour, count the number of ships coming into and leaving Nigeria - and then examine their capacities. Most come loaded, most depart empty! What does it say? We spend more US Dollars than we can “create”.

I call on the Nigerian government to focus on policies which will create more US dollars by deepening our industrialization policy. But to think that we can float Naira and it can stabilize over time by pure financial engineering is an illusion. AO Lawal would have graded any suggestion “P8”. Factories, warehouses, etc for physical, digital and services will strengthen Naira, and nothing more, and Nigeria needs to get into that. Yes, FLOAT industries!
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by damoobaba: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
successmatters:

You will be here with me as I wail for 8 years, your job will be to remind me that it remains 8 years cheesy

Stick around boy, it's gonna be a long ride.

We leave the wailing and suffering to you and your family members. Children of hate, you all can find your way to your potopoto republic or better still jump inside Lagos lagoon.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by DOptical: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
SpatialKing:

See

Before amalgamation of Nigeria.

Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by SpatialKing(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2023
DOptical:

Before amalgamation of Nigeria.

The Apapa sea post we know today
Was constructed by the federal government
Is still funded by the federal government

If what you are saying is right
Do you know how many locally own ports are already in Akwa Ibom so whats stopping the federal government from transforming one of them
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by DOptical: 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
SpatialKing:

The Apapa sea post we know today
Was constructed by the federal government
Is still funded by the federal government

If what you are saying is right
Do you know how many locally own ports are already in Akwa Ibom so whats stopping the federal government from transforming one of them

Nah. The apapa seaport was before the amalgamation of Nigeria. It was called the Liverpool of Africa several years before the amalgamation. Whatever development that was made on it later, it already accumulated enough wealth for her own development. This was a seaport who was known as the Liverpool of Africa before the amalgamation of Nigeria.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Omoawoke: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
Absolutely!
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Adakintroy: 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
Din first make we see. One say him go equal naira to dollar. Talk is cheap.

Funny thing the only administration that peak us at number one economy was the one that did no boast much. Jonathan #fact#
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by tesppidd: 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
This country is hard to administer oohh

If I were this man I would talk less.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by soil4soil(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
bennybuhari:

https://twitter.com/officialABAT/status/1675195072340525058?t=wbATQu-FBcPeMDdmogldLg&s=19

ON YOUR MANDATE WE STAND

God will see you through and grant you all you wish for Nigeria
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by SpatialKing(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
DOptical:

Nah. The apapa seaport was before the amalgamation of Nigeria. It was called the Liverpool of Africa several years before the amalgamation. Whatever development that was made on it later, it already accumulated enough wealth for her own development. This was a seaport who was known as the Liverpool of Africa before the amalgamation of Nigeria.

I get your point, but It was a local port ...
There were Ports in other parts of Nigeria too..

The transformation was done by Federal government
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by MrColdsweat: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
Must be the cocaine speaking.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Ferdinandu(m): 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
The first thing you have to do towards that is to return the stolen mandate. Anything before that you are just deceiving your cartel members
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by DOptical: 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
SpatialKing:

I get your point, but It was a local port ...
There were Ports in other parts of Nigeria too..

The transformation was done by Federal government

Nah. There wasn't at the time. Apapa seaport was the first and it was operating several years before the amalgamation of Nigeria. Even the development was before amalgamation
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by nikz(f): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Action speaks louder than words..enough of the talk abeg
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Jostoman: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
They should reserve this kind of statement till after supreme court judgement. When they will tell us the real winner of last election.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by AjisafeJ: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
successmatters:

A false representation
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
successmatters:

grin

Do you think any of these politicians except maybe Sowore really ran for president because they really love you and I?

What we should settle for is the man who can perform in spite of his selfish interests.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by Jostoman: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:
We hope and pray so his Excellency

All the enemies of Nigeria shall be disappointed
we are still waiting for Supreme Court to tell us the real winner of last election.
Re: My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu by GeneralDae: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
successmatters:

Peter Obi miggt be a good guy, but I don't think he has the firm character and capacity to lead Nigeria to greatness. Heck, Peter Obi even fears his online mob.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return / APC Wants Obanikoro Banned From Public Office, Adesiyan Sacked As Minister / How Oshiomhole’s Doggedness To Protect Buhari In NASS Pitted Him Against Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.