Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati (5507 Views)

Buhari Is A Useless Nonentity Kunu Drinker And The Worst President In The World / Buhari Will Be Nigeria Worst President / Seun Kuti Blasts IBB ,mark, Says Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by aloyemeka1: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
[size=14pt]Jonathan not worst President —Presidency[/size]
Published on 04 October 2011 with 1 comments   

Tony Ailemen, Abuja

The Presidency yesterday dismissed claims by former governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa that President Goodluck Jonathan is the worst President ever in the history of Nigeria.
It said the claim represents the opposite, contending that President Jonathan has recorded some remarkable achievements that placed him above his predecessors.

The Presidency stated this yesterday in response to statement credited to former Governor of Kaduna state, Alhaji Balarabe Musa where he slammed President Jonathan as the worst in the annals of Nigeria.

The Nigerian elder statesman who is the chairman of the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP)had hinged his reason on what he described as President Jonathan’s inability to take a firm decisions on touching issues like worsening security situation.

However the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati described the statement as unfortunate and unexpected from someone of the caliber of Balarabe Musa

He said "It is either he is mischievious or ill informed"

He recalled how President Jonathan handled the situation in the country during late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s absence due to ill health, saying that his approach qualifies him to be a "hero" of Nigeria’s democracy.

The President, he said created an enabling environment for the conduct of an election internationally credited as the freest and fairest in Nigeria’s history.

Abati stated that as a result, post election petitions have reduced greatly in the country.

Another official in the Presidency who pleaded for anonymity dismissed Balarabe Musa’s claims noting that if anything President Jonathan has demonstrated that he understands and is ready to apply democratic principles in handling the affairs of the nation.

He said "Only recently, you heard the President himself declared that there certain people who are mounting pressure on him to rule like a dictator".

Adding" We are now under a genuine democratic regime and the President is carrying out a transformation agenda that will change the way we do things".

The source called on Nigerians to be patient with the government as according to him the country will soon overcome current challenges.

He said "The President is building a solid foundation and he has said that some of the decisions may be painful but beneficial in the long run".

The President our source said wants an enduring method of dealing with nation’s issues which he said has to do with imbibing the culture of observing the rule of law.

Our source recalled the recent success recorded by security agencies in arrest and prosecution of some members of the Boko Haram group saying that there was a growing confidence in government due to the calm and systematic approach to national issues by President Jonathan.

He recalled "Only recently, he dispatched the highest cadre of Nigeria’s military to take charge of the crises in the Plateau, he has one of the best hands ever selected in his cabinet and has handed over the economy to experts to manage while he is closely supervising them".

Our source who added that these decision will soon begin to yield positive results also noted that Nigeria’s image at the global level has soared since President Jonathan took over effectively about five months ago.

http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=13750
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Beaf: 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2011
Balarabe Musa is a backward ethnic bigot not worth the trouble. He is in the same category as Ciroma and Kaita, angry and unwise old men.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by aljharem3: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

Balarabe Musa is a backward ethnic bigot not worth the trouble. He is in the same category as Ciroma and Kaita, angry and unwise old men.

so not supporting Jonathan = ethnic bigotry ?

so yorubas that did not support OBJ also = ethnic bigotry against their person

Not everyone would like Jonathan, you need to understand that, but that does not mean they are ethnic bigots
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by chima2011: 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
Monkey no fain but im mama like am. President no good but presidency like am,

I DE LAUGH grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Beaf: 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2011
alj_harem:

so not supporting Jonathan = ethnic bigotry ?

so yorubas that did not support OBJ also = ethnic bigotry against their person

Not everyone would like Jonathan, you need to understand that, but that does not mean they are ethnic bigots

You seem to pluck arguments straight out of your anus. Sometimes one wonders if you are properly aware of current events, or if you can even read well enough to tackle newspapers. embarassed

Balarabe Musa, Ciroma, Kaita etc are all bigots.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by EvilBrain1(m): 11:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

^^^ Your opinion.

Balarabe Musa's point still stands, so far, GEJ has been a pretty awful president. He's been significantly worse than Yar'Adua was and he doesn't even have a kidney ailment as an excuse. I still consider Shagari to be worse than him but that may change over time.

Jonathan still has three years to turn things around, but with what we know of his previous performances as governor and VP as well as his perceived level of intelligence and the worrisome public statements he and his handlers have made over the past 18 months, a surprise improvement seem highly unlikely.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by aljharem3: 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

You seem to pluck arguments straight out of your anus. Sometimes one wonders if you are properly aware of current events, or if you can even read well enough to tackle newspapers. embarassed

Beaf Not support Jonathan presidency does not equate to ethnic bigotry. I brought out an example for u to see.

Beaf you can not label people ethnic bigot just because they do not support Jonathan presidency. I mean he has not said anything patenting Jonathan ethnicity or "Jonathan is the worse president because he is Ijaw"

A lot of Kanuris spoke bad of Abacha leadership, does that mean they were ethnic bigots. Certainly not
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by EvilBrain1(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

@Beaf
Ad hominem attack. Alj_harem made a valid point. Rather than providing evidence to substantiate your claim (that Balarabe Musa is a bigot), you instead resort to insults and vague references to unnamed "world events".

There is a reason why Nairalanders longer respect you.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Beaf: 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
^
I certainly  don't crave respect from your type. It would be like a saint craving respect from thieves and robbers.
Make your point and exit the place. If you have nothing to say, then zip it.

alj_harem:

Beaf Not support Jonathan presidency does not equate to ethnic bigotry. I brought out an example for u to see.

Beaf you can not label people ethnic bigot just because they do not support Jonathan presidency. I mean he has not said anything patenting Jonathan ethnicity or "Jonathan is the worse president because he is Ijaw"

A lot of Kanuris spoke bad of Abacha leadership, does that mean they were ethnic bigots. Certainly not

The reason I made my statement is that examples of Balarabe Musa's inciting base Northern sentiment against GEJ are all too common; it has nothing to do with support. I brushed you off, because these things should be common knowledge, even to people like you.
It is also wrong and unpolished to infer that someone has said something they have not; check your first post and you will find that you are guilty. Dude, that method of communicating is irritating.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2011
So, the presidency gets to judge it's own self in this. ROFL!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by danjohn: 12:20am On Oct 05, 2011
Beaf:

Can you please attack the message without slandering the messenger?
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Beaf: 12:32am On Oct 05, 2011
danjohn:

Can you please attack the message without slandering the messenger?

If the messenger has leprosy, then their message is leprous.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by dayokanu(m): 12:37am On Oct 05, 2011
Duhh

WHo doesnt know the regime of Mr Odechukwu Retardeen is the worst in this country

Nigeria is on autopilot because Retardeen is not Goliath, He is not David he is not a lion He is simply a bingo

Bingo and Blackky below

Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by dayokanu(m): 12:40am On Oct 05, 2011
See mumu in action

GEJ: What can I do for you ma.

Hilary : Whats your name

GEJ: They call me Jona, Sometimes Azikwe, or Goofluck, Ibos call me Odechuckwu, Yorubas call me Ademumu, Hausas call me Abdul-clueless, Moslems call me RETARDeen. So you choose anyone.

Hillary: Good. What are you core competences

GEJ: Ask Madam Turai, I can cut grass, catch fish, Wash bra and pant, cook and clean even prepare Akpu. Most importantly I obey orders

Hillary: Thats impressive, Oya lemme see how you can obey. Odechukwu shine your teeth

GEJ: [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUIMNYkQFPJg8jflub7zMYgSKUiuVq5L0S0GfRlonPS6rcfmtJ[/img]

Hilary: (Covers nose) Thats ok. Oya close your teeth. Now make sure you appoint Jega as INEC chair he was recommended by CPC and Buhari

GEJ: Yes ma
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by dayokanu(m): 12:43am On Oct 05, 2011
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by aloyemeka1: 12:50am On Oct 05, 2011
dayokanu:

See mumu in action

GEJ: They call me Jona, Sometimes Azikwe, or Goofluck, Ibos call me Odechuckwu, Yorubas call me Ademumu, Hausas call me Abdul-clueless, Moslems call me RETARDeen. So you choose anyone.

GEJ: Ask Madam Turai, I can cut grass, catch fish, Wash bra and pant, cook and clean even prepare Akpu. Most importantly I obey orders

Hillary: Thats impressive, Oya lemme see how you can obey. Odechukwu shine your teeth

GEJ: [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUIMNYkQFPJg8jflub7zMYgSKUiuVq5L0S0GfRlonPS6rcfmtJ[/img]

Hilary: (Covers nose) Thats ok. Oya close your teeth. Now make sure you appoint Jega as INEC chair he was recommended by CPC and Buhari

ROFLMAOPIMP grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by ak47mann(m): 2:13am On Oct 05, 2011
dayokanu:

See mumu in action

grin grin grin grin grin this one is off the roof cheesy
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by EvilBrain1(m): 2:48am On Oct 05, 2011
dayokanu:

See mumu in action

Stop making fun of our president. It's not polite.

Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Beaf: 3:42am On Oct 05, 2011
Una de kres o! grin
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by EkoIle1: 4:26am On Oct 05, 2011
dayokanu:

See mumu in action

This has got to be the funniest shiiit ever, DAMN.

I can't stop cracking up for real,

True True sha, odechukwu is really worthless, Yaradua with 10 missing kidneys sounds way way more competent that this utter waste of space.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Rhino5dm: 4:46am On Oct 05, 2011
This is wickedness! They don carry laugh wound me for here.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by maclatunji: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2011
OMG! This guy is class-less. Putting your two hands behind for another country's Foreign Minister.
Shocking + Disappointing= Shockappointing.

GEJ is a shockappointing leader!
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Baawaa(m): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2011
[/i]True True sha, odechukwu is really worthless, Yaradua with 10 missing kidneys sounds way way more competent that this utter waste of space.[i]

@EKO-ILE,u can call him whatever names u like,he is the president of this nation.Because he did not hearken to the voice of your Godfather did not make him incompetent.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by TomFord: 10:31am On Oct 05, 2011
Beaf,why are you always attacking your fellow man when points are raised,issues are thrown open for intelligent discourse?you can simply air your views without the verbal onslaught.after all you have reached maturity.cheers
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Pukkah: 10:48am On Oct 05, 2011
While I like Jonathan's humility and cool-headedness, he should not have stood like that in front of Hillary. That kind of body language and poise do not show authority, power, or control. He's representing Nigeria, a sovereign nation and the most populous black country on earth, and not himself. These things, subtle yet profound, matter in international affairs and overall perception.

His handlers need to correct this as well as the type of incident when the first lady left the plane and started pumping hands with those waiting; ahead of the President. It is bad enough that the incidents have happened, however, they should not happen again.

Things that do not matter when you are a private person matter so much when you become a public figure or a celebrity. It is tough to be under the spotlight. You lose your freedom to a large extent. For this group of people, protocols matter.

Back to the topic, I do not think that Jonathan is the worst president so far but he needs to double up in order not to end up with this infamous tag. There are opportunities for improvement and he needs to be more courageous to tackle the pervasive rot in the system.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by queensmith: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2011
ok- major and intense exageration to call this dude the worst. i mean the same monkey ran the country for 8 years and left it in its worst state. what has jonathan done- not done to make him worst? its the same as he met it, which is more than what i can say for obj!
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2011
Citizens don't give a Bleep about their presidents' 'swag', demeanour, pose, poise, or level of (Obasanjo-ish) brashness. All they want is a good quality of life. Accordingly, only an idiot or a deceitful twerp would claim that GEJ is the worst president we've had. How? In what ways were we better off under OBJ than under GEJ? Was the quality of life better for Nigerians during OBJ's 8 horrific years than it is now? ? ? ? ? ? It's as simple as that.

So far under GEJ we've had a stable supply/price of petrol, improved power supply, etc that we never experienced under Obasanjo. It's even too early to judge since he's been in power for only about a year and a half _ and even at that he has achieved more than OBJ achieved in his entire first term that was spent globe-trutting. If we're talking insecurity, is there more armed robbery, kidnapping and militancy under Jonathan than there was under OBJ and Yar' Adua? Seriously? And of course every discerning person knows that the resurgent Boko Haram issue is a grand conspiracy of the northen elite to register their displeasure over the presidency that eluded them. Dealing with the issue is always going to be a very tricky catch-22 situation - especially with a minority as president.

If we're talking about corruption and inefficiency in the public service, how is that worse under GEJ than under OBJ and the other oafish despots before him? Is there any clear sign that Jonathan's administration is more corrupt or 'clueless' than Obasanjo's, Yar' Adua's or even Shagari's? Or are we going to condemn Jonathan simply because of Boko Haram? If so, why didn't OBJ eradicate Niger Delta militancy and kidnapping during his tenure? Let's not keep deceiving ourselves.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by karlmax2: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2011
^^ u dey mind the monkeys if Gej is the worst he balarabe musa what did he do when he rule kadunna, so he is telling us that abachas regime and Buharis regime is better that GEJ I ask balarabe musa and some monkey brains on naira land how many megawatt of electricity did BUHARI,IBB,ABACHA added to the national grid when they where commander in chief, BALARABE MUSA is one one of Boko haram supporters northern idiot
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Kobojunkie: 11:59am On Oct 05, 2011
queensmith:

ok- major and intense exageration to call this dude the worst. i mean the same monkey ran the country for 8 years and left it in its worst state. what has jonathan done- not done to make him worst? its the same as he met it, which is more than what i can say for obj!

You sure say you well there?? Balarabe ran Nigeria for 8 years??

When do we learn to attack the message and not the messenger?   undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by juman(m): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2011
The Nigerian elder statesman who is the chairman of the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP)had hinged his reason on what he described as President Jonathan’s inability to take a firm decisions on touching issues like worsening security situation.

This generation of people don't worth the name "elder statesman" at all.

Why do we have this kind of ineffectve country?

Their only contribution is destroying it.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by Meristem: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2011
CHEI. AFTER SEEING THE PIX WITH HILARY, I FEEL LIKE ASKING FOR THE RETURN OF MY BALLOT PAPER.
HIS BODY LANGUAGE IS A S.CREWED.
Re: Jonathan Is Not The Worst President - Reuben Abati by okunboy: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
This Beaf shd learn how to respond to issues from fellow NLders. Jst becos someone holds an opposing view to urs doesnt mean he's a fool. I av watched ur posts for sometimes now and I honestly cld not justify the reason u attack pple personalities to score cheap points.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved / BREAKING NEWS Presidential: Buhari Thrashes Jonathan Inside Aso Rock - PunchNews / 11 Facts That Will Make You Rethink 9/11 Attack.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.