Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:52 AM

Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development (14257 Views)

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? / David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / PDP In Early Lead In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 3:51am On Oct 05, 2011
Considering what is going on in Enugu, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers, Cross river and even Ebonyi, there is no doubt that Eastern Nigeria, when compared with other 60s regions is solidly ahead in all development indices: infrastructure, education, economic empowerment, good leadership, and lower poverty statistics, there is no doubt that Eastern Nigeria will set the pace for others to follow in the next few years.
With the new deep sea port at Ibaka (Akwa Ibom) and the Akanu Ibiam International Airport (the most searched for airport in Google  cool), and of course the Onitsha river port, the economy of Nigeria will certainly move East. 
cool

I will post pictures later to support my hypothesis.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by musiwa48: 3:55am On Oct 05, 2011
the economy of Nigeria will never move to the east, you are only destroying nigeria economy thinking you can move the economy from west to east. remember that what Jonathan Government is doing by trying to move the economy from the west to the east, that the north tried the same for 40 years, and what do we have now. an economy that lead to poverty.

Nature most take it full course. You cant cheat nature.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:23am On Oct 05, 2011
The economy is moving East because that is the natural course of things. It is going where the money comes from in the first place. It is also going to the areas with higher education and work ethic (no pun intended please).

Here are the architects of that move.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:25am On Oct 05, 2011
The architects.

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:27am On Oct 05, 2011
A normal road in Akwa Ibom.

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:30am On Oct 05, 2011
The architects contd.

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:32am On Oct 05, 2011
Contd. Chime

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:34am On Oct 05, 2011

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:36am On Oct 05, 2011
The new kid on the block.

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:38am On Oct 05, 2011
Any state in the East not represented by a governor above is batting below expectation. cool
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by EkoIle1: 4:48am On Oct 05, 2011
They are all below expectation and they are yet to do anything worthwhile to tickle anybody's fancy,

It's ok to like your kinfolks, but linking that likeness with development and achievement is a huge insult and assault on your own people's and our collective intelligence.

You are not showing us anything to justify this waste of bandwidth for a reason and we all know the reason why,  basically, you nothing to show.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:49am On Oct 05, 2011
Enugu.

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:50am On Oct 05, 2011
Enugu

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 4:52am On Oct 05, 2011
Enugu roads contd.

Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by koruji(m): 4:55am On Oct 05, 2011
Congratulations. The Yorubas formed a group and called it Afenirere. Look up the meaning and understand that we are truly happy for you.

However, let me tell you another Yoruba saying: "A farmer that planted 200 heaps of yam, but claimed he actually planted 400, will after eating his 200 real heaps of yams eat 200 heaps of liies". [size=14pt]Lesson is to be honest with yourself first of all.[/size]

For one, people who comes up with a title like "Akwa-Ibom to become the first fully deveoped state in Nigeria" have no idea what development means.

The above saying was the best lesson I learnt growing up - absolutely profound saying.

Onlytruth:

Considering what is going on in Enugu, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers, Cross river and even Ebonyi, there is no doubt that Eastern Nigeria, when compared with other 60s regions is solidly ahead in all development indices: infrastructure, education, economic empowerment, good leadership, and lower poverty statistics, there is no doubt that Eastern Nigeria will set the pace for others to follow in the next few years.
With the new deep sea port at Ibaka (Akwa Ibom) and the Akanu Ibiam International Airport (the most searched for airport in Google cool), and of course the Onitsha river port, the economy of Nigeria will certainly move East.
cool

I will post pictures later to support my hypothesis.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Relax101(m): 4:57am On Oct 05, 2011
E be like say Enugu beat other staes for road network o.

Eko Ile:

They are all below expectation and they are yet to do anything worthwhile to tickle anybody's fancy,

It's ok to like your kinfolks, but linking that likeness with development and achievement is a huge insult and assault on your own people's and our collective intelligence.

You are not showing us anything to justify this waste of bandwidth for a reason and we all know the reason why,  basically, you nothing to show.

E be like say You want me to finish you today. I get info about tinubu drug dealings for chicago. Just dnt push me to the wall else I go post am here. eediiottt. Omo jatijati.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by lagcity(m): 5:00am On Oct 05, 2011
this is what i've been saying all along. Eastern Nigeria is by far the most developed region in Nigeria and Africa (excluding Botswana and SA). and the good thing is you get real value for your money in the East unlike Lagos and Abuja where everything is overpriced. For heavens sake, when is the property bubble gonna burst in Lagos and Abuja? It is forking ridiculous.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Rhino5dm: 5:03am On Oct 05, 2011
Present your facts.

lagcity:

this is what i've been saying all along. Eastern Nigeria is by far the most developed region in Nigeria and Africa (excluding Botswana and SA). and the good thing is you get real value for your money in the East unlike Lagos and Abuja where everything is overpriced. For heavens sake, when is the property bubble gonna burst in Lagos and Abuja? It is forking ridiculous.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 5:03am On Oct 05, 2011
I actually started this thread as a competition thread between Eastern Nigeria and other 60s regions.
If you know what your region has that puts it ahead of other regions, please post it here; you name it: pictures, information with source, web links etc.

I don't intend to post much.  cool
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 5:05am On Oct 05, 2011
Let me quickly add that only those whose region failed or is lagging seriously behind will resort to insults and curses.
Come out of your insults and show us what you gat. cool
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Relax101(m): 5:05am On Oct 05, 2011
lagcity:

this is what i've been saying all along. Eastern Nigeria is by far the most developed region in Nigeria and Africa (excluding Botswana and SA). and[b] the good thing is you get real value for your money in the East unlike Lagos and Abuja [/b] where everything is overpriced. For heavens sake, when is the property bubble gonna burst in Lagos and Abuja? It is forking ridiculous.  

Where did you get that from? Post it and lets bisect and disect it here. cool cool cool cool
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Rhino5dm: 5:06am On Oct 05, 2011
I really love the way things are changing in Enugu.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by EkoIle1: 5:08am On Oct 05, 2011
Relax101:

E be like say Enugu beat other staes for road network o.

E be like say You want me to finish you today. I get info about tinubu drug dealings for chicago. Just dnt push me to the wall else I go post am here. eediiottt. Omo jatijati.

You retards do crack me up sometimes,
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by lagcity(m): 5:10am On Oct 05, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Present your facts.

fo.rk this sh.it. i don't need no facts. to be a big property owner in Lag and Abj, it is either you are looting the treasury as a politician or you are getting govt support like Dangote and co. it is a bubble down there and you can get more value for your money in Beverly Hills, CA.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by lagcity(m): 5:13am On Oct 05, 2011
Relax101:

Where did you get that from? Post it and lets bisect and disect it here. cool cool cool cool

where did i get that from? ok. go to Abuja (Maitama) or Nice place in Lag and say you wan buy land. they will be shouting hundred milla this, billion naira that. haba! even beverly hills is not that expensive. i'm telling you, it is overpriced.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Relax101(m): 5:14am On Oct 05, 2011
Eko Ile:

You retards do crack me up sometimes,

The mere fact you mentioned retard is enough reason to post some real stuff about tinubu. Expect me on Saturday.
Saturday tonic for all on NL.
Omo ole, aji bole. Woo, wa run down.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Relax101(m): 5:17am On Oct 05, 2011
lagcity:

where did i get that from? ok. go to Abuja (Maitama) or Nice place in Lag and say you wan buy land. they will be shouting hundred milla this, billion naira that. haba! even beverly hills is not that expensive. i'm telling you, it is overpriced.

I dont think there are still land for sale in Maitama except for crooks wanting to sell govt land.
I want you to post those stuff you said about over priced housing in other regions. Do you know that land is no joke in the east. whether na village or town or city. They almost have same price but it varies in SE sates.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by lagcity(m): 5:17am On Oct 05, 2011
Onlytruth:

I actually started this thread as a competition thread between Eastern Nigeria and other 60s regions.
If you know what your region has that puts it ahead of other regions, please post it here; you name it: pictures, information with source, web links etc.

I don't intend to post much.  cool

are you talking about the 6 regions in Nigeria? my state go win this development show off oo cool.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Rhino5dm: 5:18am On Oct 05, 2011
OK.  Children your uncle is calling you for a forktales.

lagcity:

fo.rk this sh.it. i don't need no facts. to be a big property owner in Lag and Abj, it is either you are looting the treasury as a politician or you are getting govt support like Dangote and co. it is a bubble down there and you can get more value for your money in Beverly Hills, CA.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by EkoIle1: 5:22am On Oct 05, 2011
Relax101:

The mere fact you mentioned slowpoke is enough reason to post some real stuff about tinubu. Expect me on Saturday.
Saturday tonic for all on NL.
Omo ole, aji bole. Woo, wa run down.

Why are you torturing yourself with some silly Tinubu rubbish that don't even exist in your demented and delusional dreams?

Like I said, you re.tards crack me up.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by Onlytruth(m): 5:24am On Oct 05, 2011
@lagcity

I'm talking about the early 1960s regions: East, West , Mid-West and North.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Is Gradually Opening Up A Huge Lead In Development by lagcity(m): 5:28am On Oct 05, 2011
Relax101:

I dont think there are still land for sale in Maitama except for crooks wanting to sell govt land.
I want you to post those stuff you said about over priced housing in other regions. Do you know that land is no joke in the east. whether na village or town or city. They almost have same price but it varies in SE sates.

i didn't say other regions. i specifically said Lagos and Abuja are overpriced. i also don't think SE is a expensive as you are suggesting. but i think it won't be a total shock if land is slightly more expensive (generally) in the east than other regions becuase there's not a lot of land in SE to begin with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears In Ondo State Today / Don’t Fight Over Politicians, They Always Reconcile – Oba Of Lagos / Tony Nwulu Condemns Elisha Abbo, Demands His Prosecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.