Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official (12441 Views)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / FRSC To Impound Motorcycles, Tricycles Without Number Plates From August / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by bigiyaro(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2023
A herds man that nearly wiped out all farmers cos of cow grass has handed over to and Agbero. The federal abgero has started work, levy and share ( main characteristics of motopark yours) instead of at least using the money to accelerate the development of transportation infrastructure or build more roads. After the first testing the first free 12 billion, more levies will follow, maybe nigerians will pay for having AC in thier cars.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by SKIBiNSKI(m): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2023
Eriokanmi:
They may not call it a proof of ownership tax but the truth is, they pay such taxes. In some countries, its called car sales tax. In NY where i once lived and schooled, its called a DMV Tax and this varies from state to state. All these are different from car registration and licence fees. There's nothing bad when you levy a tax as a government. It only becomes inhuman when you levy such taxes and the infrastructure isn't already in place as we have bad roads all over Nigeria. Its a pure scam as you have put it.
I see your point, if it is called road tax or MOT like we pay here in England yearly then one can understand and as you said rightly the western countries enjoy good roads so these MOT or road taxes can be justified. Perhaps the nigerian govt. Should re name it, if it is just what they call it then it appears as an outright scam!

You are also right that the imposition of these taxes on poor naigerians is not just morally wrong but also illegal.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by ConfidentialDoc: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2023
bigiyaro:
A herds man that nearly wiped out all farmers cos of cow grass has handed over to and Agbero. The federal abgero has started work, levy and share ( main characteristics of motopark yours) instead of at least using the money to accelerate the development of transportation infrastructure or build more roads. After the first testing the first free 12 billion, more levies will follow, maybe nigerians will pay for having AC in thier cars.

If this isn't challenged, a lot of Nigerians will regret it.

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

If this isn't challenged, a lot of Nigerians will regret it.
Yes, they will and what the govt have done is to float this illegal levy idea and see if nigerians would accept it, if they do, it would be the largest money making scheme and scam for the corrupt govt ever and even the next govt, who ever it would be will continue with the scam but if naigerians disagree with it robustly they will dump the idea, imagine 1000 naira levy from nearly 100 million or more motor owners in nigeria every year. The largest cash out ever! In nigeria's history the govt can not even make this kinda money from oil this would be easy money for them, the masses should protest against it but i doubt if they will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Coolgent(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2023
Tunibu and excessive tax are like 5&6
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Primusinterpares(m): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2023
Na our problem be this ... Always sharing up and dan.

Instead of us to hear things like... 12BN recovered from proof of ownership used to fund 100km dual carriage road construction in Nigeria.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Sheuns(m): 10:27am On Jul 08, 2023
Why not channel the money realized into fixing roads or anything the people will directly benefit from?
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Graciousnaija: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2023
This is evil! Will this stop them from collecting bribes on the roads? It is robbing the vehicle owners to pay for officials whose impact are not felt on our roads? What has happened to all the rickety public transport buses?
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2023
Fareke:
Sharon Osaji and Faith Ajayi

https://punchng.com/states-frsc-to-share-n12bn-proof-of-ownership-proceeds-says-official/

If Government want to make money they will be taxing per pouring whenever man carry olosho . The kind of money they will make
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Bimpe29: 10:46am On Jul 08, 2023
Another cut for FRSC and State Governments.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by miceroms: 10:48am On Jul 08, 2023
What are consultants doing at every level of collection of revenue.
Can’t the government collect these monies without 3rd party interferences?
Consultants are one way a lot of money are siphoned indirectly.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by RealEzee(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2023
D entire page i no c apc pple way justify dis tin grin y na?abi una no get car?

But wait a sec which one b proof of ownership kwa,wats d use of d database we have already,wats dis 1k rili for guun?
Instead of dem to reduce d cost of governance na masses dey bear d cost

angry
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by RealEzee(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
I see your point, if it is called road tax or MOT like we pay here in England yearly then one can understand and as you said rightly the western countries enjoy good roads so these MOT or road taxes can be justified. Perhaps the nigerian govt. Should re name it, if it is just what they call it then it appears as an outright scam!

You are also right that the imposition of these taxes on poor naigerians is not just morally wrong but also illegal.
renaming won't change d concerns we have already, d monies already of d govt wat av benefited from it ,all dey know is burden us wif more revenue generating schemes yet nothing to show for,shebi dem dey go abroad for medical check up ,citizens dey drink agbo
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by RealEzee(m): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
These kinda policies are not in force anywhere in western countries. Is this not the same western country i was born and bred? Imagine me paying to proof that i own my vehicle that i bought on finance from a dealer grin grin if you don't believe it is mine go ask the dealer. This is a total scam! And nigerians are too dumb to see it.
abi oo confirm scam
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Invest4growth: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2023
Whatever FRSC rakes in grom this painful programme, thet will loose an equal amount from their federal allocation. The federal government allocation is being given to FRSC. Please understand the game plan
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2023
RealEzee:
renaming won't change d concerns we have already, d monies already of d govt wat av benefited from it ,all dey know is burden us wif more revenue generating schemes yet nothing to show for,shebi dem dey go abroad for medical check up ,citizens dey drink agbo
Again, you are right. But from the way things are going i believe this levy collection will go ahead as there are no massive public opposition of it or even a subtle prostest against it. Nigerian appears to be reloctantly accepting it. Some are already saying "it is just 1000 naira yearly" even so what is to say that once it is accepted that it wouldn't increase over the coming years. And once it has being accepted it would be very difficult to reverse.

grin grin grin grin @ drink agbo.

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by dannyche(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2023
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
Let d masses breath.
#LTMB
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by onyxo76(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2023
FOJEM:
My family and I are highly favored!
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
with this 200 naira food wey you dey chop? which kain yeye favour be that?
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Cj4charles(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2023
gbaskiboy:
If this is not rejected now on the long run it would be financial burden to us and government will cash out big time without using the money for anything. Charging 1k maybe small but on the long run the amount would be increase. Road worthiness they charge N4,5 is now 15k, if money generated at the end would be utilized optimally none will complain but at the end it would be devoured without showing Mercy..
This is the best response I've heard concerning this issue.. So true
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Morbeta11(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2023
consultants engaged for the exercise who are the consultants.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by ottersberger(m): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
gbaskiboy:
If this is not rejected now on the long run it would be financial burden to us and government will cash out big time without using the money for anything. Charging 1k maybe small but on the long run the amount would be increase. Road worthiness they charge N4,5 is now 15k, if money generated at the end would be utilized optimally none will complain but at the end it would be devoured without showing Mercy..

If Nigerians do not rise against this nonsense, you will pay N20k yearly before long. This is only another election money-recouping instrument for Tinubu and his cronies.

2 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by temironkk(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Greattha: 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
I think twas 140%.

It's the masses that must sacrifice while the politicians keep ballin' with their minions hailing them...like that thing on NL that's always typing trash that Nigerians have agreed to suffer now.

MRDEE01:
My concern in this government's IGR drive is that almost all policies have direct impact on the poor masses which makes up to 90% of thr population or even more

Nothing has been done to reduce the cost of governance which takes a huge toll on the nations budget,rather RMAC were talking of increasing their paycheck by almost 100%(though they denied,but experiences has shown that in every executive rumour there is an atom of truth)

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by ufotunang: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
Tinubu will suppress nigerians with tax.....he came from Lagos where the Lagos State governors tax lagosians a lot with multiple taxation...you can see now many nigerians that will go into tis hardship did not want Peter obi that would had better be lifes of nigerians and the economy
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by ufotunang: 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
They share the money and national cake and forget the people and poor nigerians that voted for them into power . nawaoooo

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Ikaeniyan0: 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
Babinski:

These are the times we miss the great Gani Fawehimi. The NBA should do well and challenge it.

There is no basis for annual proof of ownership. As long as I have my car with me and I have not sold it and I have a proof of ownership at purchase of the car, there is no reason to be charged for the same thing annually. This is just rent-seeking that does not care about making life difficult for the people. What is the benefit to the people?
Is a fraudulent fee

It should not be accepted

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by waveman2: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
How can I proof ownership of my vehicle every year it makes no sense.people need to take these guys to court.what they need to introduce is a change of ownership certificate.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by AjaoEstater(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2023
Nigeria federal structure is so wonderful with 36 states and their own different laws (i.e. a suspect running from one state to another state within the same country and wont be apprehended because of each state laws). In Ireland which has a unitary structure, no matter where you go running from one county to county (equivalent of the 36 states' LGAs) the person will be caught.

Note: I know this because of a criminal case involving my neighbour who is a witness and the suspect ran to another state.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by worksmart(m): 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Let me get this right.
The money would not be used to improve road infrastructure instead it would be shared (with no stipulation on how the shared funds should be utilised by receipients) between :

1. Consultants (Is a consultant really needed to collect money from drivers? No percentagen specified and for how long? *SMH*)

2. States (which states? is it the state that collects the payment or the state the owner originates from? No percentagen specified )

3. FRSC. (No percentagen specified)

Why is the permanent Secretary of Lagos Ministry of Transport making this statement instead of Permanent secretary of the Federal Ministry of Transport?

Don't pay, this fee because that would just be supporting fraud!

I miss PMB grin
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by worksmart(m): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2023
As if you need consultants to collect payments from car owners cheesy
Morbeta11:
consultants engaged for the exercise who are the consultants.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Lucky5000(m): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
Na 1k e take dey start, e go turn 5k last last

If you no come renew on time, you go take 1k bribe Police, take 1k bribe VIO, take 1k bribe FRSC,

Be the end of the day, you don spend almost 10k for this Prove of Ownership

Niger our Country
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by AjaoEstater(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Nigeria is a poor nation. The largest percentage of population is living in abject poverty. All these policies won't favour the majority. It will rather be impoverishing them the more. You don't wake up suddenly and reel our policies which are in force in the Western countries when we're not enjoying the same benefits as those living in those countries.

Can we boast of good roads in Nigeria where same vehicles drive on? Land use charge collection in alimosho received a boost after Ambode tarred almost all their roads. People are paying without being coerced. The records are there at alausa. When the government has good infrastructure in place, only a fool will not want to fulfil their obligations as a citizen. I can't wait to see the toll gate along lagos ibadan expressway as proposed. I'd gladly pay the toll and move on., just like every other reasonable Nigerian. Why is tinubu taxing those who have nothing to give? That's what is called, a gba lowo merii in yoruba ( you're collecting from who doesn't have anything to give).

Angola in its wisdom only reduced their subsidy instead of outright removal and before they did so, palliatives had already been put in place. Tinubu's proclamation is tantamount to putting a cart before a horse. Till date, no palliatives to alleviate the adverse effect of the subsidy that was removed People have turned beggers on the road, begging people to give them a lift to work. I pray kidnapping and ritual killings won't increase as commuters become more desperate on the course.

Tinubu knows what to do to end subsidy fraud but he won't go there so he doesn't offend his friends.

Everyone here in Osun State have 2 phones and I am living in a small town not even the capital city Osogbo or major cities like Ile Ife or Ilesa or even major towns like Ikirun, Iree, or Iragbiji. Osun State is supposed to be a rural and agricultural-dependant state.

Like I said before, They hate us because they cannot be like us. And That so true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tyres : 10 Facts You Should Know Today / Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Acura Cars, Are They Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.