Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official (12438 Views)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / FRSC To Impound Motorcycles, Tricycles Without Number Plates From August / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by AjaoEstater(m): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

If this isn't challenged, a lot of Nigerians will regret it.

Ha give it up. Nigeria is so lax, Police will frown and collect (A Nigeria Police member told me the reason they take bribe now in my 29 years in this world), and every states with their own laws. They ban okada in Lagos and there is still okada riders even in my own Local Government which is not far from the state capital Ikeja. There is no even such thing as Animal abuse/cruelty in the Federation unlike Republic of Ireland (where you can be put in the pen for months or even years), Baba Bimbo can call friends and they can slaughter a cow in the middle of the street. Heck no such thing as carrying a knife or gun or screwdriver here which is an offence in Republic of Ireland. Life here is way better than anywhere else in the world and we are slowly advance and now we are going to shoot to the stars (even if the Federation become the most advance on earth we will still be so lax, that a Nigerian thing)
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by AjaoEstater(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
I see your point, if it is called road tax or MOT like we pay here in England yearly then one can understand and as you said rightly the western countries enjoy good roads so these MOT or road taxes can be justified. Perhaps the nigerian govt. Should re name it, if it is just what they call it then it appears as an outright scam!

You are also right that the imposition of these taxes on poor naigerians is not just morally wrong but also illegal.

Nigeria have way better roads than many countries in Europe even Republic of Ireland (which I lived in for nearly 15 years) and the latter have Road Tax and NCT (which can make some be given a Police record or worst in the pen). To be fair as well Nigeria is bigger than whole of Southern Europe, or France and Germany combined, or the Iberia Pennisula, or UK and Ireland combined (anyway to put it).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know / Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Tyres : 10 Facts You Should Know Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.