Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage (24946 Views)

Is Court And Church Marriage Certificate Thesame? / Which Tribe Has The cheapest Marriage Traditional Marriage Rite In Nigeria / I Thought Sleeping Unclad Was Fun, Until Rat Sucked My Nipple - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price
1) He said we must get him a wine and an envelope. (Wine 2k cash 5k)

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

7)I will give the pastors transportation and thanks for coming
(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Pls who knows the procedure for church weddings.
Thanks.

File Photo Used for illustration

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by soundOsonic: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
Did you formulate this in your head as you refuse to mention the church.
I don't think this is true

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
Go to any Government Registry at any Local Government Secretariat.

You can't spend more than 30k to obtain the Certificate.

The Church has no constitutional right to conduct marriages. What they do is solemnization which literally translates to Blessing of Marriage.

God bless your home!

207 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by LikeAking: 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

The Church has no constitutional right to conduct marriages. What they do is solemnization which literally translates to Blessing of Marriage.

God bless your home!

Each church get dia own certificate.

7 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
soundOsonic:
Did you formulate this in your head as you refuse to mention the church.
I don't think this is true
I am just coming from there about 3 hours ago
He says he head church is in Benin. Edo state

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

God bless your home!
Thanks I truly appreciate, am planning doing white and traditional the same day.
After the church I will go to my womans place she is an inkwere lady

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Natbrowny: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
Damn.

Cashing out every Saturday.

Game On. Those nigg@s are more concerned about the enveloped raba than the prayer they wanna offer.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
Natbrowny:
Damn.

Cashing out every Saturday.

Game On. Those nigg@s are more concerned about the enveloped raba than the prayer they wanna offer.

My dear he was insisting of his own envelope before he will link me to the head church at Rukpokwu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by izonborn098(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Everything u write there is just to marry one woman or the pastor is also giving u one of his daughters.
Christianity smh''

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Natbrowny: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

My dear he was insisting of his own envelope before he will link me to the head church at Rukpokwu

cheesy. Just give am.. Its already a culture.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
Natbrowny:

cheesy. Just give am.. Its already a culture.
I have a plan B
I can't spend about 150k for church wedding.
Its high for these economy noo

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by soundOsonic: 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

I am just coming from there about 3 hours ago
He says he head church is in Benin. Edo state
E be like sayy na all this small igbo or akwa ibom churches.
It's not the church jurisdiction to issue certificate, go to registery and get your certificate, all this talk wey u dey talk na the pastor business.
Tell him u don't have money, you only need to tell the local pastor, all this unnecessary drama is extortion.
It's better you don't we'd there.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Sonnobax15(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
grin
Omoh,the pastor dey use style dey tell the op say make he go sell family land grin

Well,it's not a must a man must do church wedding...... After all it's not a criteria that every marriage done in a church will be guaranteed forever...Cut your coat according to your cloth and move on with your life......

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Natbrowny: 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

I have a plan B
I can't spend about 150k for church wedding.
Its high for these economy noo

Way to go boss.

Arrange dat PlanB well. These people don't care. Its a business to them in todays world.

Reduce all d bar. Where 20k dey. Run am down to 10k

Thats ur brides Church right.
Make wifey clear dem o.. These things scares men away even b4 marriage start

38 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
Natbrowny:

Way to go boss.

Arrange dat PlanB well. These people don't care. Its a business to them in todays world.

Reduce all d bar. Where 20k dey. Run am down to 10k

Thats ur brides Church right.
Make wifey clear dem o.. These things scares men away even b4 marriage start
Thanks for the advice bro

5 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Omoh,the pastor dey use style dey tell the op say make he go sell family land grin

Well,it's not a must a man must do church wedding...... After all it's not a criteria that every marriage done in a church will be guaranteed forever...Cut your coat according to your cloth and move on with your life......
Thanks.
I will let the pst know via my mother inlaw with a token.
I was happy my bride even says d money is much
She was just pinching me when he was coating d money

13 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ednut1(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Once you go to registry you are married . Give her family a token as bride price. Stop allowing these useless pastors dictate to you. They are hungry conmen

29 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by AndroidAI(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
You went to Yahoo Yahoo headquarter and you expect not to get billed? There is no difference between Yahoo boys and pastors. They are the same, but in different formats. They are there to manipulate you in any way possible until something falls out of your pocket.

I remember years ago my granny called some pastors for some family deliverance. Can you imagine that before they started, they had to be served food in a cooler, and they positioned themselves and gulped down everything like hungry lions.

When deliverance started, they nearly broke my neck because I refused to fall.

72 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by jmoore(m): 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:
I have a plan B I can't spend about 150k for church wedding. Its high for these economy noo
Go to the court and register your marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by jmoore(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
AndroidAI:
You went to Yahoo Yahoo headquarter and you expect not to get billed? There is no difference between Yahoo boys and pastors. They are the same, but in different formats. They are there to manipulate you in any way possible until something falls out of your pocket.

I remember years ago my granny called some pastors for some family deliverance. Can you imagine that before they started, they had to be served food in a cooler, and they positioned themselves and gulped down everything like hungry lions.

When deliverance started, they nearly broke my neck because I refused to fall.
Chai! Years ago when we went to village for family deliverance, they did not even charge for anything. We only took care of the transportation. They fasted sef, it was in the morning that they took tea and bread and we left together back to the city

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by westlius(m): 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
jmoore:

Go to the court and register your marriage.
Thanks its a white/traditional marriage
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by obicoolnino: 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
A
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Faber(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
Omo I am yet to hear of the church and Pastor that wedded Adam and Eve our so called first parents..., Adam use im hand wed Eve🤔🤔

Also I dey wonder everyday I see a bible, either Good News bible, KJV etc; how Adam and Even gave birth to only 3 sons, two died out of family squabble (Cain and Abel) the last one born is Seth. Now what baffles me is where Seth went and married the woman with whom he populated the world. Whose daughter Oga Seth married? 🤔🤔

Religion na scam, use your head...it is just a public association of people believing in some power and creator somewhere. No one can deny me my joy or carry me go where I no know or place a heavy burden on my head because of African version of Christianity...e no fit happen

310 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by NaijaCover(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by HomeTutorsPro: 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

Thanks I truly appreciate, am planning doing white and traditional the same day.
After the church I will go to my womans place she is an inkwere lady
Congratulation.
The bolded will save you plenty of cost.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by haybhi1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
Depends on your relative definition of 'the cheapest' as a term of entity.
170k would be too expensive to celebrate or establish a marriage is some clans or villages. Although, it may be opposite in some others.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by iHateFraudsters: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
Chai, pastor matter.

I did only court and traditional marriages.

Didn't spend more than I could afford.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:
This weekend I had to go see my wife to be church that I would love to get married in there church, I went with a bottle of Drink (my mother inlaw told me to go with it). When I met the pastor omo the requirements pass bride price

2) We would go see his head pastor with a Wine and envelope (Wine 2k, Cash 10k, transportation 5k)

3)I will pay for the marriage certificate he has forgotten the cost (My estimate 10k).

4) I will pay transportation for someone to go to Benin Edo state to get the certificate and register. (Estimate 30k from Porthacourt)

5) 5 men of God will come with there wives i will cook for them, I will give his wife money to cook ( I heard its 50k)

6) I will inform the church people i want to marry i will bring a cartoon of malt and 2 carbin biscuits (6k estimate)

(Head pastor 20k/second in command 2 persons 10k each (20k)/ the last 2 Persons 5k each thats (10k) total 50k for thanks for coming.
Thanks.

Nope. Herbalist marriage is the cheapest!

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by RECTEM: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
l
Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by ipobarecriminals: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
sad God help you make you nor extract that money from her after wedding mite with karate kick and back hand slap

1 Like

Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by OBTOREPA(m): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
westlius:

Thanks.

Take heart bro,that's how it is.
Maybe also,they see you as someone that has cash.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Lose Interest When A Lady Tells Me 'I Love You', Am I Normal? / "Single Mom" Epidemic: Who Is To Blame- Men Or Ladies..? / On Saggy Boobs And 'loose' Vaginas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.