Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid (41071 Views)

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / 700 Canadian Doctors Protest: We Are Paid Too Much. Attached Image / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by haybhi1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
OboOlora:
Which Dr de collect £100k for UK? Una go just de post false info
Annually
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Gbadebo19(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nigeria will see this data and will still not plan ahead. Na on how to loot the treasury dry in the next 8 years they will be thinking about.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Addme: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Another Japa thread.. God why.....

1 Like

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by StemCellTherapi(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by odenkirk: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
any place apart from the above mentioned is a hell on earth
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by dikings(m): 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
All this comparison, standard of living in those countries are high too. They donot pay thier bills and tax over there in Naira
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Calitoscassius(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Monaboo:
Which countries are best for Qualified Teachers to migrate to?

No country need teachers, they have their own qualified teachers, Teachers in the UK starts with around £22000 me think.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by OBTOREPA(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
OboOlora:
Impatience made you not to read before you posting .

2 Likes

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by ItisWell22(f): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Trying to choose between the US and Australian pathways… 😢

Anybody wey fit advise abeg… 🙏🥹
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thank God you did not convert to naira

So that you no go give people Bp (high blood pressure)
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Akaegwu(m): 6:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Na only johnbull don cash since two weeks this your nonsense post has been appearing on every post. Are you the only stupid scammer here?
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Calitoscassius(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
dikings:
All this comparison, standard of living in those countries are high too. They donot pay thier bills and tax over there in Naira
This is what alot people do not consider, those amount of salaries should attract taxes of atleast %25 to %30, bils excluded. Car insurance, gas, electric, water, council tax, road tax, car parking permit, MOT, petrol and health insurance, food groceries. And you have to pay into a pension scheme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obonujoker(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
How I wish I was a mechanical engineer and a realtor in the US.... sad
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by bizhop01: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
UK will take back half of the salary indirectly after payment

1 Like

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Celepope: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
I remember being asked by a colleague of mine how much nurses and doctors are paid in Nigeria. I was too ashamed to tell her the dollar equivalent lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Chibuezem(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
PublicHealthNig:
By 2030, the World Health Organization (WHO) predicts a significant deficit of approximately 10 million healthcare workers, predominantly affecting low- and lower-middle-income nations. Some countries suffer from chronic underinvestment in the education and training of healthcare professionals, leading to ongoing shortages. Additionally, there is often a disconnect between education and employment strategies concerning healthcare systems and the actual needs of the population. This mismatch further contributes to the scarcity of healthcare workers.

According to a study published in the British Medical Journal there was a shortage of 15 million health workers as at 2020. Compounding the issue is the difficulty in deploying healthcare professionals to rural, remote, and underserved regions. These areas face additional obstacles in attracting and retaining skilled healthcare workers. The situation may vary across different regions and countries, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on healthcare systems has further exacerbated the shortage.

In the last few years, the escalating international migration of healthcare workers from developing countries has worsened the shortage, especially in low- and lower-middle-income countries. Poor working conditions and low wages and insecurity have forced many health workers to seek out greener pastures in countries where the doctor and health worker welfare is prioritized. In this article, we bring the list of top countries where health workers migrate to and how much they are paid.

Top Countries Doctors and Health Workers Migrate To and How Much They Are Paid 

The migration of health workers is a worldwide phenomenon that has significant implications for both countries of origin and destinations. This article sheds light on the top countries where health workers migrate to and provides insights into their compensation packages. Discover the hotspots for healthcare professionals and the remuneration they receive in these sought-after destinations.

United States: The United States consistently ranks as one of the most popular destinations for health workers seeking new opportunities. The country offers competitive salaries, with physicians earning an average of $313,000 per year, while registered nurses can expect to make around $75,000 annually. These attractive wages, combined with advanced healthcare facilities, make the US a top choice for professionals in the medical field. States in America are enacting laws to allow foreign health workers including doctors to bypass residency programs due to worsening shortages.

United Kingdom: With its prestigious healthcare system, the United Kingdom has long been a magnet for health workers worldwide. Doctors in the UK earn an average salary of £100,000 ($136,000) per year, while nurses receive around £33,000 ($45,000) annually. In addition to decent compensation, healthcare professionals are drawn to the UK for its high-quality training and career advancement opportunities. According to a 2022 report, NHS England recruited a total of 26,321 doctors. Among them, 12,148 individuals, accounting for 46 percent of the total, were foreign nationals.

Canada: Known for its inclusive healthcare system, Canada is highly appealing to health workers seeking work-life balance and excellent compensation. Physicians in Canada earn an average of $339,000 CAD ($268,000 USD) annually, while registered nurses can make approximately $80,000 CAD ($63,000 USD) per year. Furthermore, Canada's diverse culture and welcoming environment make it an attractive destination for healthcare professionals from around the globe. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia one of the thirteen provinces and territories of Canada has created a short path for foreign doctors to practice medicine in the country.

Australia: Australia has emerged as a popular destination for health workers due to its attractive wages and high living standards. Physicians in Australia can expect to earn an average of AUD 150,000 ($111,000) per year, while nurses earn around AUD 60,000 to AUD 90,000 ($44,000 to $66,000) annually, depending on their experience. The country's robust healthcare infrastructure, alongside its captivating natural beauty, makes it a desirable choice for many health professionals.

United Arab Emirates: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has rapidly become a prominent destination for health workers in recent years. With its booming healthcare sector and tax-free salaries, the UAE offers an attractive package to professionals in the medical field. Physicians in the UAE can earn an average of AED 420,000 ($114,000) per year, while nurses make approximately AED 90,000 to AED 120,000 ($24,500 to $32,700) annually. The lure of working in state-of-the-art medical facilities and experiencing the vibrant culture of the UAE draws healthcare workers from various backgrounds.

Germany: A Thriving Healthcare Landscape Germany has gained prominence as a top destination for healthcare professionals due to its advanced medical infrastructure and attractive compensation packages. Physicians in Germany enjoy competitive salaries, with average earnings ranging from €50,000 to €100,000 per year. Registered nurses can expect to earn around €30,000 to €50,000 annually. Additionally, Germany's focus on research and innovation provides ample opportunities for professional development.

Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia, with its booming healthcare sector and generous compensation, has become an enticing destination for health professionals seeking rewarding career opportunities. Healthcare professionals in Saudi Arabia can enjoy substantial financial benefits, including tax-free income. Physicians working in Saudi Arabia can earn an average annual salary ranging from $80,000 to $300,000, depending on their specialization and experience. Registered nurses receive competitive salaries as well, with average earnings ranging from $30,000 to $80,000 per year. This tax-free income allows workers in the healthcare industry to maximize their earnings and secure a stable financial future.

Conclusion

Healthcare workers worldwide are drawn to countries that offer not only financial rewards but also promising career prospects. The United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Germany have emerged as prime destinations, providing attractive compensation packages to healthcare professionals. These countries understand the value of skilled healthcare workers and strive to create an environment that fosters personal and professional growth. By recognizing these top destinations and their compensation offerings, we gain a deeper understanding of the global healthcare workforce dynamics and the factors influencing healthcare professionals' migration choices.

Source: https://www.publichealth.com.ng/top-countries-doctors-and-health-workers-migrate-to-and-how-much-they-are-paid/
One ignoramus will wake up and start advising doctors not to japa....

1 Like

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Celepope: 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
Calitoscassius:
This is what alot people do not consider, those amount of salaries should attract taxes of atleast %25 to %30, bils excluded. Car insurance, gas, electric, water, council tax, road tax, car parking permit, MOT, petrol and health insurance, food groceries. And you have to pay into a pension scheme.
All these your excuses doesn’t hold waters. Btw Doctors in America are loaded regardless of these petty bills you stated. Even me that isn’t a doctor don’t get worried with these bills. Una go just dey mention bills like say na death sentence. Many of them work multiple jobs and aside student loan payments the only bill they worry about is malpractice insurance.

5 Likes

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by bonnyhope: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
Manson1:
Where's Nigeria on the list

Don't worry you will see Nigeria when the era of renew hope is ended
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by RYTEBABY: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
Pls buy your affordable Data here. Kindly contact me on WhatsApp before payment. Thanks for your patronage.

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
That UK na lie. Big lie.

Which doctor dey earn £100,000?. Even Consultant no dey collect reach that. Dem go use tax scatter everything for you.
Junior doctors no dey collect reach £35000 annually after tax.
Even Australia dey pay pass UK sef

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Penboy: 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
ItisWell22:
Trying to choose between the US and Australian pathways… 😢

Anybody wey fit advise abeg… 🙏🥹

If you have money to fund USMLE, the go for it.

Most of Drs just want to use the PLAB route to escape and then restrategize.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by ItisWell22(f): 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
Penboy:

If you have money to fund USMLE, the go for it.

Most of Drs just want to use the PLAB route to escape and then restrategize.

I don’t think I can afford the USMLE pathway.

Considering getting there with my nursing certificate, then while there; pursue the USMLE. 😢
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Cassandraloius: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
Beautiful!
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by walata22: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
stop lying........stop lying.....stop lying

..only a few Nigerian doctors who have reached the peak in those countries earn that much. most nigerian doctors abroad earn far less than what you have stated

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Calitoscassius(m): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Celepope:

All these your excuses doesn’t hold waters. Btw Doctors in America are loaded regardless of these petty bills you stated. Even me that isn’t a doctor don’t get worried with these bills. Una go just dey mention bills like say na death sentence. Many of them work multiple jobs and aside student loan payments the only bill they worry about is malpractice insurance.
When did i tell you that i am worried about my bills? grin read my comments again slowly and engage your brain this time, then point out where i mentioned that i am worried about my bills or made excuses, i don't give a crap how much you earn, it is your earnings! do you know how much i earn? Did i beg you for food?. I was just stating facts and advicing people to put them in consideration.

3 Likes

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Dijita: 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
The Amount for US is average and it is accurate. The only thing is that you don't just start working the moment you arrived you will need to be licensed which may take five to 10 years

richard870:
Lol...as if they get the whole amount quoted. Please, stop misinforming people just get like/shares
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Jman06(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Tell me why people won't japa like this
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
OboOlora:
So how much dem dey collect for UK na
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by ShilohB: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Monaboo:
Which countries are best for Qualified Teachers to migrate to?
Australia

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by SIRTee15: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
obi4eze:
That UK na lie. Big lie.

Which doctor dey earn £100,000?. Even Consultant no dey collect reach that. Dem go use tax scatter everything for you.
Junior doctors no dey collect reach £35000 annually after tax.
Even Australia dey pay pass UK sef

If u don't know about something just keep quiet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Born With Imperforate Anus In Niger State / How Can A Female Get Rid Of Her Muscular Arms? / 8 Common Causes Of Infertility In Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.