Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid (41077 Views)

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / 700 Canadian Doctors Protest: We Are Paid Too Much. Attached Image / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by SemperFid: 8:00am On Jul 13, 2023
Calitoscassius:
This is what alot people do not consider, those amount of salaries should attract taxes of atleast %25 to %30, bils excluded. Car insurance, gas, electric, water, council tax, road tax, car parking permit, MOT, petrol and health insurance, food groceries. And you have to pay into a pension scheme.

After these deductions, what they put into savings is still 1000 times what they're paid in Nigeria.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by franchasofficia: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
sonnie10:

Thanks for the information. I will let them know
You are welcome
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2023
£60 - 75k
OboOlora:
Which Dr de collect £100k for UK? Una go just de post false info
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by uniquetechng: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2023
richard870:
Lol...as if they get the whole amount quoted. Please, stop misinforming people just get like/shares
My life sister inlaw who lives in Vancouver earns over 300k Canadian dollars annually, Nigerian health care workers in the start from £30k, so yeah they earn that much with free world class healthcare facilities to enjoy.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by richard870(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2023
SemperFid:

After all deductions what they get remaining is 100 times what they get in Nigeria.

Mumu
You sound so childish!
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by SIRTee15: 11:16am On Jul 13, 2023
OmoFiditi:

My dear, the thing shock you too? grin

I repeat if u guys don't know about something just shut up.

Cc OboOlora
Cc obi4eze
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by Calitoscassius(m): 11:36am On Jul 13, 2023
SemperFid:

After these deductions, what they put into savings is still 1000 times what they're paid in Nigeria.
Yes, i was just making people aware of these deductions
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by kasim155: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2023
Klington:
Nigeria nko

Haahhhahahahahahahah Nigeria own na like 700k to 2.4M anually. Na only God fit deiver this kontry

1 Like

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by OdefaGirl(f): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
Covid:
Doctors deserve the best because lives are saved through them. Unfortunately, our rubber stamp senate earn much more for just sitting in there, doing nothing sad

No please, they don't do "nothing"

They SLEEP
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
simple87:

I'm not in any competition with anybody as long as my earning is enough for me to afford a quality lifestyle and my job continue to offer me a good work life balance. By the way 1pound is currently trading at 1.91 Australia dollars so you might want to have a second thought about your junior doctor earning first..

I like the fact that you're not in competition and it's very good to satisfied with what you earn. The thread was about what doctors earn in different countries.

1 Like

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

I repeat if u guys don't know about something just shut up.

Cc OboOlora
Cc obi4eze

Have you checked what locum GPs earn in Australia?

4000 AUD = 2000 GBP per day. You see the difference?

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by SIRTee15: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
obi4eze:

Have you checked what locum GPs earn in Australia?

4000 AUD = 2000 GBP per day. You see the difference?

Good for Australian doctor. But telling me 20 thousand pounds month is poor money makes no sense.
Let's even agree on 40% tax which is not true. With 12 thousand net income, u are assured of a solid good life in UK living in the best of neighbourhood.
don't come here saying what u dont know about UK healthcare system.
That message was sent to me yesterday by my locum company.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

Good for Australian doctor. But telling me 20 thousand pounds month is poor money makes no sense.
Let's even agree on 40% tax which is not true. With 12 thousand net income, u are assured of a solid good life in UK living in the best of neighbourhood.
don't come here saying what u dont know about UK healthcare system.
That message was sent to me yesterday by my locum company.

Oga I never said it's poor. I just said Australian doctors earn more than UK doctors. Besides we were talking more about permanent role doctors before you brought up what your agency sent to you.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by simple87: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
obi4eze:

I like the fact that you're not in competition and it's very good to satisfied with what you earn. The thread was about what doctors earn in different countries.

So is no longer junior doctor salary again? stop shifting post, I didn't talk about Australia doctors salary in my post until you mentioned how much a junior doctor is earning in Australia in comparison to what a consultant earn in the UK. Can you kindly post any job advert in Australia now that is ready to pay a junior doctor more than 100k pounds salary per annum?
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by SIRTee15: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
obi4eze:

Oga I never said it's poor. I just said Australian doctors earn more than UK doctors. Besides we were talking more about permanent role doctors before you brought up what your agency sent to you.

Are u not the one that said UK doctors don't earn up to 100 thousand pounds. Now u eating your words....bad belle people.

Na u go tell people how dem wan work. People have been doing locum for more 10 yrs here on UK and still rolling.

As I said if u do t know about something, just shut up.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

Are u not the one that said UK doctors don't earn up to 100 thousand pounds. Now u eating your words....bad belle people.

Na u go tell people how dem wan work. People have been doing locum for more 10 yrs here on UK and still rolling.

As I said if u do t know about something, just shut up.

Oga locum you are bigger than this na. No need for insults.
Yes, I said Consultants won't earn that after tax. I was referring to permanent Consultants in the NHS. When you decided to go locum, I had to bring up the locum pay for Australian doctors. Even after tax, their pay beats their UK locum counterparts. My point, right from the beginning, which you have failed to understand is that the take home is much higher in Australia than in UK. I can't decide where anyone works but it's good to present the facts and not insults.
Look at the tax rate below and do your comparisons. Many people in UK are on 1257L and this threshold applies to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
simple87:

So is no longer junior doctor salary again? stop shifting post, I didn't talk about Australia doctors salary in my post until you mentioned how much a junior doctor is earning in Australia in comparison to what a consultant earn in the UK. Can you kindly post any job advert in Australia now that is ready to pay a junior doctor more than 100k pounds salary per annum?

Oga I did m not shift goal post. I have always maintained that Australia doctors earn more than UK doctors because of tax deduction. Then you jumped on my mention and said you earn 59k after tax. Then I had to ask you to check what junior doctors in Australia earn first. I have attached below two job adverts: one for a junior doctor and the other one for a Consultant. A junior doctor's take home in AU is lesser than what a UK Consultant will take home and is much more than what a UK junior doctor will take home but the disparity between an AU Consultant and his UK counterpart is so wide.

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by simple87: 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
obi4eze:

Oga I did m not shift goal post. I have always maintained that Australia doctors earn more than UK doctors because of tax deduction. Then you jumped on my mention and said you earn 59k after tax. Then I had to ask you to check what junior doctors in Australia earn first. I have attached below two job adverts: one for a junior doctor and the other one for a Consultant. A junior doctor's take home in AU is lesser than what a UK Consultant will take home and is much more than what a UK junior doctor will take home but the disparity between an AU Consultant and his UK counterpart is so wide.

I jumped on your mention because I have to correct you before misleading people about a country wages u have never stepped your foot into. You posted that Doctor in the UK don't earn 100k and I corrected you that Consultant could earn more than 100k, or are you saying a consultant is no longer a doctor?

I didn't say 59k is my earning nor did I state what my role is in my posts so far, I only cited an example. Is either you are finding it difficult to comprehend, or you are just goofing. Still waiting for the Australia Junior doctor salary that you are comparing with a Consultant salary doe...

I only told you about the exchange rate between pounds and australia dollar ba? try and compare the cost of living of both country again make your eyes clear small.

Nobody is arguing that Australia,US or Canada don't pay more but don't dish out fake data to sugar coat what you have little knowledge about.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
simple87:

I jumped on your mention because I have to correct you before misleading people about a country wages u have never stepped your foot into. You posted that Doctor in the UK don't earn 100k and I corrected you that Consultant could earn more than 100k, or are you saying a consultant is no longer a doctor?

I didn't say 59k is my earning nor did I state what my role is in my posts so far, I only cited an example. Is either you are finding it difficult to comprehend, or you are just goofing. Still waiting for the Australia Junior doctor salary that you are comparing with a Consultant salary doe...

I only told you about the exchange rate between pounds and australia dollar ba? try and compare the cost of living of both country again make your eyes clear small.

Nobody is arguing that Australia,US or Canada don't pay more but don't dish out fake data to sugar coat what you have little knowledge about.

Lol. What does the topic say? And what did I say? I factored in the exchange rate and tax in my figures and calculations. You said I have little knowledge but I have given you facts. I have stated the take home pay of a UK Consultant is not up to 100k yet you are still arguing. Of course I know the gross earning starts at 88k but what about take home? Does the Consultant take home all the 88k per annum? NO. That is what I have been saying from my first statement. You asked for the job adverts yet I gave you adverts from an AU government website. I factored in the exchange rates and gave you the tax rate deductions from uk.gov and compared it with that from the ATO website yet you say it is fake. Or didn't you see or understand the picture I posted?Please post real figures from your if you have them.

Remember my main point was TAKE HOME.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by simple87: 5:54am On Jul 14, 2023
obi4eze:

Lol. What does the topic say? And what did I say? I factored in the exchange rate and tax in my figures and calculations. You said I have little knowledge but I have given you facts. I have stated the take home pay of a UK Consultant is not up to 100k yet you are still arguing. Of course I know the gross earning starts at 88k but what about take home? Does the Consultant take home all the 88k per annum? NO. That is what I have been saying from my first statement. You asked for the job adverts yet I gave you adverts from an AU government website. I factored in the exchange rates and gave you the tax rate deductions from uk.gov and compared it with that from the ATO website yet you say it is fake. Or didn't you see or understand the picture I posted?Please post real figures from your if you have them.

Remember my main point was TAKE HOME.

You started with the gross and then you shifted to net pay, but let even assume you are talking about the net, so a junior Doctor would take home the whole 165000 australiadollar in Australia? Again, let assume yes that is the total take home [obviously that is not possible] this is still around 86k pounds in exchange rate how is that more than a consultant salary.. You really lack content, bro.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2023
simple87:

You started with the gross and then you shifted to net pay, but let even assume you are talking about the net, so a junior Doctor would take home the whole 165000 australiadollar in Australia? Again, let assume yes that is the total take home [obviously that is not possible] this is still around 86k pounds in exchange rate how is that more than a consultant salary.. You really lack content, bro.

Here is my first statement with respect to tax before you quoted me.
Lol. I lack content but you have not presented your facts with sources with respect to what I Seems you didn't read well, or is lack of adequate comprehension your problem? If, with everything I have said about TAKE HOME and you still don't understand, then this discourse is a pure waste of time. I wanted to see if you could show me facts from credible sources for me to learn but you got nothing to show.

Adios

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by simple87: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2023
obi4eze:

Here is my first statement with respect to tax before you quoted me.
Lol. I lack content but you have not presented your facts with sources with respect to what I Seems you didn't read well, or is lack of adequate comprehension your problem? If, with everything I have said about TAKE HOME and you still don't understand, then this discourse is a pure waste of time. I wanted to see if you could show me facts from credible sources for me to learn but you got nothing to show.

Adios

Obviously, you lack understanding and instead of you to hide your face, you keep jumping from pillar to post. Someone posted Doctor salary as 100k pounds in the UK, you argue no and I gave you the salary range of consultant, did the OP inform you that he is reporting net pay in his post? You even went as far as comparing a consultant salary in the UK With a junior doctor in Australia or you are still denying your post? Well, maybe junior doctors in Australia don't pay tax in your realm. Again, you lack content.
Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by obi4eze(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2023
Greystone:

Don’t mind him.
Presently in Nigeria a person needs to take home close to N800k to equal just $1k.
My friend and former classmate who is a Consultant spoke with me and said his only regret is not leaving for Australia earlier.

Do you mind them? UK will use tax and NI to cut your pay and you will be shocked that you will be paying close to half of your earnings in tax and NI.

1 Like

Re: Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid by simple87: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2023
obi4eze:

Do you mind them? UK will use tax and NI to cut your pay and you will be shocked that you will be paying close to half of your earnings in tax and NI.

You need to stop making a mockery of yourself. Are you saying in Australia they don't pay tax? You are yet to work and earn in any of these countries yet you are dishing out fake information. Make I burst your brain with the attached images, because if I should state it in my words you would still argue it again. Look at the picture very well, the pounds earning and the tax in the UK and then the earning in australia dollar and the tax in Australia, so that little difference is what they would use tax to finish you in the UK and not in Australia? Do you even know the difference in the cost of living in both countries, I guessed you don't but I won't school you on that as I see you are impervious to learning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Common Causes Of Infertility In Men / Izuchukwu Daniel Eze Dies In Dubai While Playing Football With His Friends / Hawker Gives Birth To Baby Boy By The Roadside In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.