Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,711 members, 7,844,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today (45911 Views)

Veteran Musician Evi Edna Ogholi Is Alive- Winning Jah / Chinese Veteran Actor, Jet Li Clocks 57 Today (photos) / Ernest Obi And Wife, Evi Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Memphitz357: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Honestly, growing up in the 80's was lit. Entertainment was fun. The music was great! Now all we got are just a bunch of no talent having muthafuckaz who just entered the art not for the love art but because they wanna be famous.
Here's how we gonna do it...

F**k Davido!
F**k Burna Boy!!
F**k Asake!!!
F**k the current Nigerian Entertainment scene as an industry!!
And if you're down with the current Afrobeats trend...

F**K You too!!

11 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Talent not used for God is a waste
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ybalogs(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Jealousy
Jealousy
Jealousy
Is the root
Jealousy
Jealousy
Jealousy
Is the root of hatred
Friends today
Enemies tomorrow
All because of a jealousy
Gossiping all about
Planning everyday and every night
Breaking another man's property eeee

6 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by airsaylongcome: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nya kp'obarho

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by GorillaApp(m): 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Who post this music here.

Ahaaaaaaa!
See the way I'm taken back to my child hood days.
Can still remember attending church with my mum and siblings while wearing that brown shoes and looking at fishes swimming in the gutter.

When we get home, we will eat rice and stew( families then only eat rice on Sundays grin)

13 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by SaintLucia: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ririovara that song enh.... The little boy in that video song is now married with five children grin

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by samsard(m): 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
marlow1962:
This is Nigeria, as a musician (especially) nobody gives a fck about you because your music no they enticing to them (you no dy show nyash and breast).
But play davido or aseke video when everybody naked and watch Nigerians sing and jump in excitement.

Happy birthday.
People like songs even before the videos are out. Abeg, step aside with the cap. There are meaningful songs on YouTube with 100s of millions of views.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by bennybuhari: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Is she the one who sang 'Nobody fit take your place eh oo mama? I will never let you go mama ooo
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by oluwaseyi0: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2023
jh
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by AmazingELixir: 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
lipsrsealed

So she don leave Naija for us...she must come back oo
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
Jealousy jealousy jealousyyyyy is the root of hatred.......

Jalousyyyy, is the root of hatred x3....... Fading

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Streetdoctor: 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
cool
I hear say na stolen phones u dey grab

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by od4life(m): 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
Fond memories of the yesteryears. Evi Edna was married to her then producer Emma Ogosi.

Heard Evi is now based in France.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by southsouthking(m): 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
Indomie generation, please step aside.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by do4luv14(m): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
This woman was one of the earlier generation of Nigerian reggae artists I became acquinted with during the early days of my childhood.

She was such a good reggae music singer woman and artist competing in a budding male-dominated field with the likes of the legendary Majek ( "the Rainmaker" ) Fashek, Ras Kimono, Maxwell Udoh, Blackky etc. My favourite track is the "Happy Birthday"

Ahhh, As I was reading this topic I was singing one of her hit song

about that white search bird, we usu5called leke leke,

lekeleke dey fly for up, I pick stone stone am, hin tell me waka, shege banza 😁😁😁😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Folapass(m): 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02EkJmQDZSHKX6ueHCRCfX4AV5eaLcUCFAWk4Mw82YKuWbtNRSgNBRPWjRTNvr48iHl&id=100003946413500&post_id=100003946413500_pfbid02EkJmQDZSHKX6ueHCRCfX4AV5eaLcUCFAWk4Mw82YKuWbtNRSgNBRPWjRTNvr48iHl&mibextid=Nif5oz

Evi-Edna Ogholi biography and songs
https://www.legit.ng/1222853-evi-edna-ogholi-biography-songs.html nlfpmod
thanks for sharing,if you have her old album or any other nigeria musician get in touch with me on 08033678777 I will buy in large quantities.not cd or cartridge,but old record
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ipobarecriminals: 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Streetdoctor:

I hear say na stolen phones u dey grab
i gave it to ur father . cool.Ask him when u reach home wink
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Tpave(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday to a legend. I do enjoy her reggae songs till date
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by treatise: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
To bad this is what sent this highly talented woman away from her home country and her many fans. Some men are just useless simps.
Have you heard from the husband?
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by do4luv14(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
Memphitz357:
Honestly, growing up in the 80's was lit. Entertainment was fun. The music was great! Now all we got are just a bunch of no talent having muthafuckaz who just entered the art not for the love art but because they wanna be famous.
Here's how we gonna do it...

F**k Davido!
F**k Burna Boy!!
F**k Asake!!!
F**k the current Nigerian Entertainment scene as an industry!!
And if you're down with the current Afrobeats trend...

F**K You too!!

Omo, I don't even listen to this musicians you listed sef,

Give me my evergreen oldies,

mostly baba 70s if you know you know
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Judolisco(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Those that kept the air wave busy..

Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackie
Shina Peters
Raskimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson.

Add yours if you remember...
Orlando owoh
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Racoon(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
Memphitz357:
Honestly, growing up in the 80's was lit. Entertainment was fun. The music was great! Now all we got are just a bunch of no talent having muthafuckaz who just entered the art not for the love art but because they wanna be famous.....
grin I feel your pain sir. We are on the same page. Nostalgic moments back then I tell you.

Beremx:
I also feel his pain. Nostalgic memories can never be erased. If it's not music from the 80s and 90s, I am not listening
Listen to Gospel and Reggae music was a great time hobby for me in the 1980-90s hence I came across this beautiful amazon of reggae music then.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by 24SEVEN: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
Efisimilala:
If you know her and her songs back then help me great your fourth and fifth child in university grin grin grin

Hehehehehe. Some of us pikin never enter university.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Banbanna(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday cheers to her. I thought she was in her sixties. Some of her songs still thrills me till date

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by do4luv14(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
Efisimilala:
If you know her and her songs back then help me great your fourth and fifth child in university grin grin grin

hehehehe warey, but I still dey single ooooooo
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by omartins(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy Birthday to her!

Op, thanks for refreshing our memories.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by juman(m): 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happybirthday.

She disappeared. No new songs.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by NinjaMetahuman: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
I still listened to her song yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by lexy2014: 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
ybalogs:
Jealousy
Jealousy
Jealousy
Is the root
Jealousy
Jealousy
Jealousy
Is the root of hatred
Friends today
Enemies tomorrow
Gossiping all about
Planning everyday and every night
Breaking another man's property eeee

Oghene me
Oghene ra
Wa Jo ma Jo ma kpe ma Ji ro ghene

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by judedwriter(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
She reminds of those days when musical lyrics made sense.....

Not these days when get rich quick artistes jump into the studio with pointless lyrics accompanied with killer beats.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by dealslip(f): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
To bad this is what sent this highly talented woman away from her home country and her many fans. Some men are just useless simps.
The age difference was a major problem, there was a 24 years gap between her and Emma Ogosi who was an airforce officer. He was alway jealous and suspicious of her and beat her sometimes to the point of unconsciousness. I think he saw her as his investment and didnt want her to be lured away. She was 22 when they got married and he was already in his mid 40s. He was a great musician and producer, he was the one that gave her the fame but she had to chose between fame and her life, she chose the later.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dami And Chris Attoh Crowned West Africa's Sexiest Celebrity Couple / BBNaija Marvis Welcomed In Her Hometown In Rivers Alongside Bisola & Kemen / Davido Unveils Tyler Perry First Studio Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.