Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today (45910 Views)

Veteran Musician Evi Edna Ogholi Is Alive- Winning Jah / Chinese Veteran Actor, Jet Li Clocks 57 Today (photos) / Ernest Obi And Wife, Evi Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by udeh3(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2023
You understand the true meaning of her songs more if you understand Isoko. She's indeed a blessing to my tribe.

I still dey jam her songs uptill date

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Beremx(f): 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
omoh5064:
I still have her songs on my playlist

Message to the youth
Jealousy
Happy birthday etc

Omo I don dey old o
I don't have her songs on my playlist but I am sure downloading them asap
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by JeffreyJunior: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

You are a slowpoke.
Will you get out of here at once!
This is how moral rebels like you bring the society down with your foolishness and warped sense of judgement.
It is clear you have lost your spiritual compass in the sea of vanity and spiritual decay.
If you could say what you have said here about Edna's ennobling form of music, then you are clearly a lost and decaying soul; a soul lost to the abyss of degeneracy.
You prefer to hype Satan's own minions who come to you in the form of the Davidos and the Whizkids of this world.
It shows who you are; a servant of Satan. You even had the guts to mention Deeper Life in a denigrating way, you damned soul!
Chineke!

All these for voicing my opinion? shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Streetdoctor: 5:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
i gave it to ur father . cool.Ask him when u reach home wink

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ipobarecriminals: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
grin grin cheesy Effect of mmpurumiri. Get well son[quote author=Streetdoctor post=124401052][/quote]
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ORIAYO70(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2023

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by LordAdam16: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
To bad this is what sent this highly talented woman away from her home country and her many fans. Some men are just useless simps.

Eva Alordiah hit pause because of her man too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn1NTXQHOdU

High was stuck on repeat when she released it.

Nigerian men can f*ck up sha, no cap. Better enemies of progress.

-Lord
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Confirm4real(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
Any birthday without this song...D birthday neva start b dat grin

Indomie generation will not comprehend the motive for celebrating her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ORIAYO70(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
This woman was one of the earlier generation of Nigerian reggae artists I became acquinted with during the early days of my childhood.

She was such a good reggae music singer woman and artist competing in a budding male-dominated field with the likes of the legendary Majek ( "the Rainmaker" ) Fashek, Ras Kimono, Maxwell Udoh, Mandators Blackky etc.

My favourite track is the "Happy Birthday" So happy many hearty birthday madam. You really inspired me back then.

Uvie I wish u happy birthday... I love Ogholi.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by JeffreyJunior: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
joyandfaith:

Indomie generation spotted.
Indomie what?

FYI, I've seen the better part of 30s and will soon see 40 but I neither know her nor her music.

I simply don't like the two songs I've just listened to. Is it a sin to hold an opinion bikonu? undecided
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by otokx(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
udeh3:
You understand the true meaning of her songs more if you understand Isoko. She's indeed a blessing to my tribe.

I still do jam her songs uptill date

She and Keefe really promoted Isoko and Urhobo music outside their native lands.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ShaqFu: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ppogba: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
Successlane:

While leaving your own region undeveloped !!!!!!!

Learn how not to give idiots the oxygen they madly desire.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by godwon01(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
The music is still evergreen. Nigeria has talented musicians both old and young. Too much talent in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Dbestbrest: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday my birthday mate. Thank God you ran for your life. Osinachi couldn't see tomorrow clearly before her husband beat her to death. You were missed in reggae world

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ppogba: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
blacksam01:
i love her song "travel" the most....

dont know if thats the title sef...

sh talks about all thr language yrubes speak in Nigeria wen sh travels

If I am not mistaken, I think the title of that track is ONE KILOMETER.

Just like, for every kilometer, there is a new language.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by grandstar(m): 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
I remember her in the 1980s.

The song her remember her most for was "jealousy". This was how Nigerian music generally was before 2Face changed the Nigerian industry for good in 2004.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sholuwa241: 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Those that kept the air wave busy..

Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackie
Shina Peters
Raskimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson
Tina Onwudiwe
Christiana Esien Igbokwe
Sonny Okosun
FELA
William Onyeabo
Mandy....Taxi driver grin
Tony Okoroji
King Sunny Ade
Onyeka Onwenu
Bobby Benson
Fatai Rolling Dollars
Prince Nico Mbarga
Jide Obi
Ebenezer Obe

If your preferred name is not on this list 🤷 go to court or else Add yours if you remember... grin
Strait will I go to Supreme Court for this list , because the list is not complete you did not add the man called Chief SARLY YOUNG from Delta State and OSANOMORE from EDO State famous musicians back then you can't say you did don't know him back then he his one of those legend

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Morbeta11(m): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Sholuwa241:

Strait will I go to Supreme Court for this list , because the list is not complete you did not add the man called Chief SARLY YOUNG from Delta State and OSANOMORE from EDO State famous musicians back then you can't say you did don't know him back then he his one of those legend

Maybe they played Bendel insurance.... grin they didn't play national league grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ukaface(f): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
I remember her name from faze originality song, then no born me that time or maybe I was in Switzerland during that time before coming to Nigeria to be reborn

Evi Edna Ogoli, Charlie boy
Ebenezer Obey
Oliver De Coque
Bright Chimezie
Baba Fela o, Sunny Okosun
Eddie Okonta
Lucky Dube
Felix Liberty

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by KanwuliaExtra: 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackie
Shina Peters
Raskimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson
Tina Onwudiwe
Christiana Esien Igbokwe
Sonny Okosun
FELA
William Onyeabo
Tony Okoroji
King Sunny Ade
Onyeka Onwenu
Bobby Benson
Fatai Rolling Dollars
Prince Nico Mbarga
Jide Obi
Ebenezer Obe
yvonne maha

If your preferred name is not on this list 🤷 go to court or else Add yours if you remember... grin

Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet memories!!!!
This was the song that dis-V-d moi. tongue
When my guy played this song. . . my pant and bra fell off without regrets!!!! cheesy
The 'nacking' was helelecious. . . . . cool

Givvvirup for Sir William Onyeabor!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvNK0LcJFPI

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by joyandfaith: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Indomie what?

FYI, I've seen the better part of 30s and will soon see 40 but I neither know her nor her music.

I simply don't like the two songs I've just listened to. Is it a sin to hold an opinion bikonu? undecided

Sorry!!!

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by victorazy(m): 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
joyandfaith:

What about men who are also promiscuous?

Not the point.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
do4luv14:

hehehehe warey, but I still dey single ooooooo

The more you wait the more then dey nack your potential wife.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
24SEVEN:

Hehehehehe. Some of us pikin never enter university.

Just great them for me.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Morbeta11(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet memories!!!!
This was the song that dis-V-d moi. tongue
When my guy played this song. . . my pant and bra fell off without regrets!!!! cheesy
The 'nacking' was helelecious. . . . . cool

Givvvirup for Sir William Onyeabor!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvNK0LcJFPI

Chai .....many of us watch it on black and white TV.. grin grin
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Chucks13: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
Streetdoctor:
When naija was naija. When it was d future of d country is bright not knowing that a eriod would come when urinating machine and one dullard messed d kantri up.
I even saw helinues and LordviccoDaGuru somewhere begging for money

And that is the topic of the thread?
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by brainhgeek(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
My own kind of. Music, is reggae e.
If you like reggae, join my group
Reggae/3x
Reggae music

Reggae eee
My kind of music!

Good oldie.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Liballo: 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday!!!

Funny thing is, I was just observing and listening to some of her songs few days ago and I’m not gonna lie, she is a classic!

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sholuwa241: 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:

Maybe they played Bendel insurance.... grin they didn't play national league grin
Who be this one show , you wan wine me abeg shift , national league why not international league commot ur eye from army man salary .
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by blowjohn(m): 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
She sang simple, beautiful songs with clear messages.

She was well accepted back when most youths valued stuff like that.

Nowadays, na Naira Marley and Portable be dem role model.

U mean igbo master and baboon
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sirbruno3000(m): 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
You don't have their pictures? I have forgotten how some of them looked.[quote author=Morbeta11 post=124400076]I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackie
Shina Peters
Raskimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson
Tina Onwudiwe
Christiana Esien Igbokwe
Sonny Okosun
FELA
William Onyeabo
Tony Okoroji
King Sunny Ade
Onyeka Onwenu
Bobby Benson
Fatai Rolling Dollars
Prince Nico Mbarga
Jide Obi
Ebenezer Obe
yvonne maha
Sir Victor Waifo...Guitar Boy
Nelly Uchendu
Sir Warrior
Chief Osita Osadebe
Oliver de Coque
Barrister
Kollington Ayinde

If your preferred name is not on this list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Got Married To Adekunle Gold - Simi / Dami And Chris Attoh Crowned West Africa's Sexiest Celebrity Couple / BBNaija Marvis Welcomed In Her Hometown In Rivers Alongside Bisola & Kemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.