Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,685 members, 7,844,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today (45909 Views)

Veteran Musician Evi Edna Ogholi Is Alive- Winning Jah / Chinese Veteran Actor, Jet Li Clocks 57 Today (photos) / Ernest Obi And Wife, Evi Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by YesWeCan11: 2:35am On Jul 14, 2023
So you never attended any birthday while growing up? If you claim to be this age, and you attended birthdays, then two things are certain - It's either you lie or you didn't grow up in (Southern) Nigeria.
JeffreyJunior:
Indomie what?

FYI, I've seen the better part of 30s and will soon see 40 but I neither know her nor her music.

I simply don't like the two songs I've just listened to. Is it a sin to hold an opinion bikonu? undecided
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by YesWeCan11: 2:39am On Jul 14, 2023
Someone should help give Faze plantashun his flowers for the song titled "Originality".. So creative in honoring these legends of the Nigerian Music industry.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by sylve11: 4:15am On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:

Always promoting mother tongue especially; "Ririovara Okioghene" Evi Edna Ogholi sang simple classy reggae music which teaches a lots of morals. Indomie generation will never understand.

Are you from Isoko? cool
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by sylve11: 4:16am On Jul 14, 2023
Happy birthday Evi Edna.

Oghene gha lo vwe! cool

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by sylve11: 4:18am On Jul 14, 2023
YesWeCan11:
Someone should help give Faze plantashun his flowers for the song titled "Originality".. So creative in honoring these legends of the Nigerian Music industry.

That song "Originality" is one of the best songs ever sang by a Nigerian.

The creativity nor put together in that song nor be here. cool

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by sylve11: 4:24am On Jul 14, 2023
SaintLucia:
Ririovara that song enh.... The little boy in that video song is now married with five children grin

Life! cool
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Vinnie2000(m): 5:30am On Jul 14, 2023
grandstar:

I am not saying they were bad but trust me, Tuface changed the entire industry. He isn't called Tubaba for nothing.

I still Disagree! sad

It's actually Idris Abdulkareem! πŸ™‚πŸ˜Ž

He is the First Artiste that started doing his craft with Pure, American Flow.
He is the Father of Modern Hip hop in Nigeria. smiley

He reigned Supreme and was TopDog in 2003. Goan listen to his songs then.

Tuface came later with African Queen in 2004.

Even African Queen as a love song was rivalled by Olufunmi by Styl Plus!πŸ€”πŸ€¨
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by do4luv14(m): 5:31am On Jul 14, 2023
Vinnie2000:

I Pick stone, stone am. Lekeleke curse my Papa Owa Owa. πŸ˜’πŸ™‚

chaiii

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Vinnie2000(m): 5:34am On Jul 14, 2023
sylve11:

That song "Originality" is one of the best songs ever sang by a Nigerian.

The creativity nor put together in that song nor be here. cool

Goan listen to 'Safe' by MI.

The Most CREATIVE song in the History of Naija music. ☺️😎

Or 'She dey play ball' by Faze
'Bobby e' by DJzeez.πŸ™‚

These Two songs used EPL clubs, players and football terms as Lyrics. smiley
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by do4luv14(m): 5:35am On Jul 14, 2023
YesWeCan11:
So you never attended any birthday while growing up? If you claim to be this age, and you attended birthdays, then two things are certain - It's either you lie or you didn't grow up in (Southern) Nigeria.

Don't mind mind, he must be lieing
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by areee(m): 5:40am On Jul 14, 2023
About 2 weeks ago, I was reminiscing about my growing up days. This woman songs keep playing in my head.
I was like where could this singer be? She was one of my favourite artists those years.
I was happy today when I stumbled on this thread. Despite the fact that some saboteurs has highjack this platform for their selfish political and tribal reasons, I still love nairaland for exceptional threads like this.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Coolx: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Those that kept the air wave busy..

Bongo Ikwue
Alex Zito
Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackky
Shina Peters
Ras kimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson
Tina Onwudiwe
Christiana Esien Igbokwe
Sonny Okosun
FELA
William Onyeabo
Mandy....Taxi driver grin
Tony Okoroji
King Sunny Ade
Onyeka Onwenu
Bobby Benson
Fatai Rolling Dollars
Prince Nico Mbarga
Jide Obi
Ebenezer Obey
yvonne maha
Sir Victor Waifo...Guitar Boy
Nelly Uchendu
Sir Warrior
Chief Osita Osadebe
Oliver de Coque
Barrister
Kollington Ayinde
Lagbaja
Dizzy K
Zubby Enebeli
Felix Liberty
Chris Okotie
Chris Mba
Baba Fryo
Daddy Shokey
Sade Adu.......Diaspora
Harry Mosco......Sugarcane Baby grin
Yinka Ayuba....The stepper
Semicolon
Alariwo
Dede Mabiokun
Bright Chimezie
Seyi Sidomu.....love me jeje
Dr. Alban..........diaspora
Paul Ik Dairo
Zulezoo
Tony Oneweek
Nel Oliver
Silk.....Diaspora
Uche Ibeto..........Egwu Jigida

If your preferred name is not on this list 🀷 go to court or else Add yours if you remember... ;

Addendum: The era we lived as one Nigeria with love, respect and unity.

Baba u don old
Hahahah
Morning Sir
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Ebibis: 7:58am On Jul 14, 2023
She dressed well and that didn't stop her from singing all her good songs. Love you Evi!
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Padipadi: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
To bad this is what sent this highly talented woman away from her home country and her many fans. Some men are just useless simps.
Make we thank God say no say she died early or is in penury or drugs like Majek Fashek to rare ku.
Music is spirit, you can't give hits for eternity even Michael Jackson lost form at certain periods. Na I must come back wey he dey do sotey his doctor go give him overdose.
My favorite of Evi-Edna Ogholi's songs is Ririovara. Chilling RnB to the soul.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by EdiskyHarry: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2023
One of the greatest Nigerian reggae singers of all time.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by dchamp234(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2023
Didn't know she was this bursty..
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by udeh3(m): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2023
otokx:

She and Keefe really promoted Isoko and Urhobo music outside their native lands.

Honestly... Another person that would've done that again was Adax of Zarokome and Stereoman Ekwe. Though, Daddy Shoki tried to an extent too
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Streetdoctor: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
u perfectly describe ur father's crib grin

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by enomakos(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Good old days
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ipobarecriminals: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
[quote author=Streetdoctor post=124416048][/quote]i understand u now.i don't engage a 🐷 in banter.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Streetdoctor: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
i understand u now.i don't engage a 🐷 in banter.

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Semaj77(m): 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
marlow1962:
This is Nigeria, as a musician (especially) nobody gives a fck about you because your music no they enticing to them (you no dy show nyash and breast).
But play davido or aseke video when everybody naked and watch Nigerians sing and jump in excitement.

Happy birthday.

Your statement shows that you're obviously below 30 years old , in those days when she was singing it wasn't a common sight to see people flaunting body parts in their videos , so it has nothing to do with flaunting of body parts or showing of nyansh and breast as you so put it
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by marlow1962(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
Semaj77:

Your statement shows that you're obviously below 30 years old , in those days when she was singing it wasn't a common sight to see people flaunting body parts in their videos , so it has nothing to do with flaunting of body parts or showing of nyansh and breast as you so put it
You can't compare those days with now, now everybody is singing about the which bitch gat the biggest butt or other stupid stuffs.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by OvertheTop(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2023
Silverberg:
She and my mum are of the same age.. happy birthday to her
Meanwhile at a cheap price Dm me for your logo and flyer design

it means
You are 32 or 33 years of Age
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by KanwuliaExtra: 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
descarado:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fnTxm1u_34

The boys in my family rocked this. I don't even know what he is saying. My own to shout eya eya eya, eya.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Ha a! Na simple Yingrish na.

I loved this too.
We rocked it on my mom’s 40th birthday DISCO night!
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Melonsmasher: 11:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Those that kept the air wave busy..

Bongos Ikwue
Alex Zito
Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackky
Shina Peters
Ras kimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson
Tina Onwudiwe
Christiana Esien Igbokwe
Sonny Okosun
FELA
William Onyeabo
Mandy....Taxi driver grin
Tony Okoroji
King Sunny Ade
Onyeka Onwenu
Bobby Benson
Fatai Rolling Dollars
Prince Nico Mbarga
Jide Obi
Ebenezer Obey
yvonne maha
Sir Victor Waifo...Guitar Boy
Nelly Uchendu
Sir Warrior
Chief Osita Osadebe
Oliver de Coque
Barrister
Kollington Ayinde
Lagbaja
Dizzy K
Zubby Enebeli
Felix Liberty
Chris Okotie
Chris Mba
Baba Fryo
Daddy Shokey
Sade Adu.......Diaspora
Harry Mosco......Sugarcane Baby grin
Yinka Ayuba....The stepper
Semicolon
Alariwo of Africa
Dede Mabiokun
Bright Chimezie
Seyi Sidomu.....love me jeje
Dr. Alban..........diaspora
Paul Ik Dairo
Zulezoo
Tony Oneweek
Nel Oliver
Silk.....Diaspora
Uche Ibeto..........Egwu Jigida
The Remedies

If your preferred name is not on this list 🀷 go to court or else Add yours if you remember... ;

Addendum: The era we lived as one Nigeria with love, respect and unity.
Funmi Adams
Victor Essien
Dready Boys
Alex O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) / Why I Got Married To Adekunle Gold - Simi / Dami And Chris Attoh Crowned West Africa's Sexiest Celebrity Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.