Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,665 members, 7,844,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today (45908 Views)

Veteran Musician Evi Edna Ogholi Is Alive- Winning Jah / Chinese Veteran Actor, Jet Li Clocks 57 Today (photos) / Ernest Obi And Wife, Evi Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sirbruno3000(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Christ Essien had only one major hit na i.e. Seun re re. They were no match.
SaintLucia:
The woman and Christy Essien Igbokwe really rock the show in those days.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by kherlly(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
How can I download her songs especially the happy birthday?
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Babssoo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
grin No be she sing this song,,,,,, if you give me one rice, if you give me one beans, if you give me one ponmo I go marry you .. grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by imagrg(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
Chris Okotie was my idol then. He inspired us as youths. Highly talented musician

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Switruth: 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
Sometimes our men does anyhow and take advantage of the women that tries to make them happy. She’s a true Nigerian....

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sirbruno3000(m): 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
How about that boy that used to throway his eggs on the road due to accident? I used to pity the boy for my small mind
SaintLucia:
Ririovara that song enh.... The little boy in that video song is now married with five children grin
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Jaythentic(m): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
Jealous is thy root of EVILLL..

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Streetdoctor: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
grin grin cheesy Effect of mmpurumiri. Get well son
That ur tiny shop, u dun repair d open zinc
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sirbruno3000(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
She blew early that's why.
Banbanna:
Happy birthday cheers to her. I thought she was in her sixties. Some of her songs still thrills me till date

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Emperormartin(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
marlow1962:
This is Nigeria, as a musician (especially) nobody gives a fck about you because your music no they enticing to them (you no dy show nyash and breast).
But play davido or aseke video when everybody naked and watch Nigerians sing and jump in excitement.

Happy birthday.
Indomie generation has spoken.

As if legends in the 80's were showing nyash and breast
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by wolesmile(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Those that kept the air wave busy..

Alex Zito
Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackie
Shina Peters
Ras kimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson
Tina Onwudiwe
Christiana Esien Igbokwe
Sonny Okosun
FELA
William Onyeabo
Mandy....Taxi driver grin
Tony Okoroji
King Sunny Ade
Onyeka Onwenu
Bobby Benson
Fatai Rolling Dollars
Prince Nico Mbarga
Jide Obi
Ebenezer Obe
yvonne maha
Sir Victor Waifo...Guitar Boy
Nelly Uchendu
Sir Warrior
Chief Osita Osadebe
Oliver de Coque
Barrister
Kollington Ayinde
Lagbaja
Dizzy K

If your preferred name is not on this list 🀷 go to court or else Add yours if you remember... grin

Where's Dizzy K. Falola?
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Vinnie2000(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
do4luv14:

Ahhh, As I was reading this topic I was singing one of her hit song

about that white search bird, we usu5called leke leke,

lekeleke dey fly for up, I pick stone stone am, hin tell me waka, shege banza 😁😁😁😁

I Pick stone, stone am.
Lekeleke curse my Papa
Owa Owa. πŸ˜’πŸ™‚

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sirbruno3000(m): 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
Welcome to nairaland. Bunch of kids everywhere. Thanks for the reprimand.
Ugwuoke347:

You are a slowpoke.
Will you get out of here at once!
This is how moral rebels like you bring the society down with your foolishness and warped sense of judgement.
It is clear you have lost your spiritual compass in the sea of vanity and spiritual decay.
If you could say what you have said here about Edna's ennobling form of music, then you are clearly a lost and decaying soul; a soul lost to the abyss of degeneracy.
You prefer to hype Satan's own minions who come to you in the form of the Davidos and the Whizkids of this world.
It shows who you are; a servant of Satan. You even had the guts to mention Deeper Life in a denigrating way, you damned soul!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Vinnie2000(m): 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Babssoo:
grin No be she sing this song,,,,,, if you give me one rice, if you give me one beans, if you give me one ponmo I go marry you .. grin

Why are you Abusing this legendary version? undecided

It is
If na one seed of rice,
If na one seed of beans,
If na one seed of Kpormor,
I go manage am. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Real song was sung in Isoko language though. smiley
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Vinnie2000(m): 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
grandstar:
I remember her in the 1980s.

The song her remember her most for was "jealousy". This was how Nigerian music generally was before 2Face changed the Nigerian industry for good in 2004.

Don't give the credits to Tuface only. sad

Tony Tetuila, Idris Abdulkareem, Azadus, Eldee, etc.

Let's just Plantashun Boyz and the Remedies Crew.πŸ™‚

They came with American Hip hop style of Singing, and blended with the opening of a New Millennium and decade (2000). smiley
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by ipobarecriminals: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Streetdoctor:

That ur tiny shop, u dun repair d open zinc
u perfectly describe ur father's crib grin
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by brownbib(m): 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
Her records are still echoing. Vibes Cartel
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by KanwuliaExtra: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:

Chai .....many of us watch it on black and white TV.. grin grin

The goooood ol days I tellya. cheesy
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Purvan(m): 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
Who she be sef ??

No body day play her song again

She don join list of boomers
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by grandstar(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Don't give the credits to Tuface only. sad

Tony Tetuila, Idris Abdulkareem, Azadus, Eldee, etc.

Let's just Plantashun Boyz and the Remedies Crew.πŸ™‚

They came with American Hip hop style of Singing, and blended with the opening of a New Millennium and decade (2000). smiley

I am not saying they were bad but trust me, Tuface changed the entire industry. He isn't called Tubaba for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by marlow1962(m): 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Emperormartin:

Indomie generation has spoken.

As if legends in the 80's were showing nyash and breast
Lmao
Me indomie generation, lol okay.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Eniye101: 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday to her..
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by hismerhill(m): 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday πŸŽ‚ Evi
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by TheSuperX(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
I remember her Happy birthday song when I was still a kid, wow! I didn't hear much from her and didn't know what happened to her afterwards.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Majesty33(m): 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
Oh yes yes yes!
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Quicksilver5: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
sorry, never heard of you
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
Banbanna:

Abi o, na crappy songs most of them they listen to na. Am not Urhobo sha, but is it not in this track she said, Waja kobaro? I think she means let's unite together.

Here at my location in Ghana, some of their public transport drivers sometimes play her songs. I'll just be silently smiling whenever they do so
She said that one should look well before crossing the road,look back .... Something like that
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
blacksam01:
i love her song "travel" the most....

dont know if thats the title sef...

sh talks about all thr language yrubes speak in Nigeria wen sh travels
Lingua franca
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by viodemus: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
I love her music, my mama and sisters dey steady dance to her music. God bless this legend. She, alex otti, bright chimezie, tickle me - tickle me ( forgot his name), blakky, onyeka onwenu, shina peters, odogwu oliver de coke, etc Nigeria has always had great musicians.

Later 2 baba and plantashun boiz.

Nigeria is a confirmed music country.

There are many people I left out. chai.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by phemmyfour: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
Houseofglam7:
Happy birthday πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠ to her
She also gave us the evergreen happy birthday song

Uh yea, very very many happy returns
Instrumental break. . .
Silver and gold have I not
So I give you my token gifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtrqUIxZ_AE

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by akan102: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday ma'am
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by akan102: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy birthday ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) / Why I Got Married To Adekunle Gold - Simi / Dami And Chris Attoh Crowned West Africa's Sexiest Celebrity Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.