Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,636 members, 7,844,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today (45902 Views)

Veteran Musician Evi Edna Ogholi Is Alive- Winning Jah / Chinese Veteran Actor, Jet Li Clocks 57 Today (photos) / Ernest Obi And Wife, Evi Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by LadiPole: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
I will try
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Kobicove(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy Birthday madam!
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Sonnobax15(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
She's from emede in isoko...Her family compound even shared boundaries with my maternal grandmother's family compound.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Amumaigwe: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
To bad this is what sent this highly talented woman away from her home country and her many fans. Some men are just useless simps.

That's what she told you. Wait until you hear from her estranged husband before concluding. Most successful women tend to mismanage their marriage.
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by LordAdam16: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9trp7LxbI

Thanks for the memories Evi.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Felix6: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Those that kept the air wave busy..

Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackie
Shina Peters
Raskimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson.

Add yours if you remember...
there was the likes of
Peterside ottong
Bongos Ikwue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrWCDQP79qs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by otokx(m): 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2023
Morbeta11:
I remember her ....during IBB regime...

Those that kept the air wave busy..

Mandetors
Oriz Wiliki
Mike Okiri
Majek Fashek
Charlie Boy
Blackie
Shina Peters
Raskimono
Pretty And Junior
Danny Wilson.

Add yours if you remember...

Chris Okotie
Lorine Okotie

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by LOVEALAIGBO: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
This woman was one of the earlier generation of Nigerian reggae artists I became acquinted with during the early days of my childhood.

She was such a good reggae music singer woman and artist competing in a budding male-dominated field with the likes of the legendary Majek ( "the Rainmaker" ) Fashek, Ras Kimono, Maxwell Udoh, Blackky, Mandators etc.

My favourite track is the "Happy Birthday" So happy many hearty birthday madam. You really inspired me back then.

I remember her! Her contemporaries at the time were Esse Agasse (back to the basics); Mike Okri (Omoge); Charley Boy; Dizzy-K Falola; Sina Peters; Bright Chimezie; etc!
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Successlane: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
Senioradvocate:
grin

Jealousy is the root of hatred

Just as some vegetables from the brown roof republic started with jealousy and now their hatred is growing and we no send.

We developed their forefathers
Developed their town
Developed them
And will still develop their future generations

While leaving your own region undeveloped !!!!!!!
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy Birthday to Evi Edna Ogholi

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Ugwuoke347(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
She is a queen of music.
She made good music.
Her songs were full of useful lessons and words of wisdom.
I still have a collection of her songs!
She fulfilled a higher purpose with her music career.
There was never a vain song which came from her.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by JeffreyJunior: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
What's so good about the two songs I've just listened to?

Sounded to me like something a Deeper Life Church choir mistress would sing.

Biko stop the hype about some old school songs. Apart from teaching morals, some of them were just there. undecided
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by dozymars(m): 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Happy Birthday to her. I listened and danced to most of her songs growing up as a child.
Thanks for posting this, sweet memories.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Banbanna(m): 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:

Always promoting mother tongue especially; "Ririovara Okioghene" Evi Edna Ogholi sang simply classy reggae music which teaches a lots of morals. Indomie generation will never understand.
Abi o, na crappy songs most of them they listen to na. Am not Urhobo sha, but is it not in this track she said, Waja kobaro? I think she means let's unite together.

Here at my location in Ghana, some of their public transport drivers sometimes play her songs. I'll just be silently smiling whenever they do so

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by timiade446(m): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Na your mate be this o jennyclay

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Juoflife1(f): 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
I remember this birthday song. Op thanks for sharing and happy birthday to her

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Racoon(m): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
dealslip:
The age difference was a major problem, there was a 24 years gap between her and Emma Ogosi who was an airforce officer.

He was alway jealous and suspicious of her and beat her sometimes to the point of unconsciousness. I think he saw her as his investment and didnt want her to be lured away.

She was 22 when they got married and he was already in his mid 40s. He was a great musician and producer, he was the one that gave her the fame but she had to chose between fame and her life, she chose the later.
Whao! What an insight! Thanks for the info dearie.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Beremx(f): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
Those years of birthday cards. Chai!!

Nostalgic memories.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by sexiestharam(f): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
We can't forget a true daughter of the isoko soil.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by omoh5064: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
I still have her songs on my playlist

Message to the youth
Jealousy
Happy birthday etc

Omo I don dey old o

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by victorazy(m): 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
To bad this is what sent this highly talented woman away from her home country and her many fans. Some men are just useless simps.

Mr. Judge.... U don conclude without hearing from the husband.

Don't you know that some of these female superstars turned to promiscuous way of lifestyle when they are famous and start meeting with rich men, thereby disrespecting their husband? Grow up plzzz
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by olisaEze(m): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2023
Growing up, I always thought of her rise to fame as the story of the ugly duckling who grew into a beautiful swan. Pls attach Chief to her name, she earned it in an honorable way, it’s not easy as a female musician in Nigeria to win the respect of your kinsmen that they confer a title on you. And she didn’t even need to flash @ss for her music to get our attention! Happy birthday to her, and many more happy years ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Ugwuoke347(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

Biko stop the hype about some old school songs. Apart from teaching morals, some of them were just there. undecided

You are a slowpoke.
Will you get out of here at once!
This is how moral rebels like you bring the society down with your foolishness and warped sense of judgement.
It is clear you have lost your spiritual compass in the sea of vanity and spiritual decay.
If you could say what you have said here about Edna's ennobling form of music, then you are clearly a lost and decaying soul; a soul lost to the abyss of degeneracy.
You prefer to hype Satan's own minions who come to you in the form of the Davidos and the Whizkids of this world.
It shows who you are; a servant of Satan. You even had the guts to mention Deeper Life in a denigrating way, you damned soul!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by joyandfaith: 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:

This country doesn't protect women. Too bad!!
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by joyandfaith: 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

Indomie generation spotted.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by blacksam01: 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
i love her song "travel" the most....

dont know if thats the title sef...

sh talks about all thr language yrubes speak in Nigeria wen sh travels
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by joyandfaith: 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
victorazy:

Mr. Judge.... U don conclude without hearing from the husband.

Don't you know that some of these female superstars turned to promiscuous way of lifestyle when they are famous and start meeting with rich men, thereby disrespecting their husband? Grow up plzzz
What about men who are also promiscuous?
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by victorVIC1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
Those days when music was a medium of passing across vital messages.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by Beremx(f): 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
grin I feel your pain sir. We are on the same page. Nostalgic moments back then I tell you.
I also feel his pain. Nostalgic memories can never be erased. If it's not music from the 80s and 90s, I am not listening

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by abobote: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
I can't relate
Re: Throwback: Evi Edna Ogholi (Nigerian Female Reggae Musician) Is 57 Today by NobleSeed(m): 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
still have 2 of her music on my phone
Happy birthday to her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) / Why I Got Married To Adekunle Gold - Simi / Dami And Chris Attoh Crowned West Africa's Sexiest Celebrity Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.