Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains (15794 Views)

Despite Huge Pay, Senators, Reps, Fleece Aides / Nigeria May Lose 24 Local Councils To UNO, New UN State By July 10 / Fayemi Appoints Directors For Local Councils, Elected Council Chairmen Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by 2mch(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
Penguin2:

Can you show a picture, video or report of even a single southeasterner that has been killed for not sitting at home?

And by referring to IPOB issues in the Southeast where we are talking about the dilapidated and collapsing infrastructure in Lagos, are you suggesting that it is ok for Lagos to go to ruins since Southeast is going to ‘ruin’ by your estimation?
The fact that you refugees who can’t face men like you keep running to Lagos to constitute nuisance is causing a strain on the infrastructure. Go home and make your home Japan before bothering about others. You are all a useless and nuisance joke to SW’enrs. You have no pride and no home. So you are not rated. All you do wherever you go is consistute nuisance either through drugs or crime. Make your home heaven first before you point out anything in another man’s land. Bloody transgender nuisances. Transgender even have more courage than you. Useless IPOB target practice. No value to Nigeria. Your useless Governors don’t even have one functioning hospital in the whole SE but na Lagos be the biggest problem for your head. Mad group of people. If I was Igbo I will be so ashamed of you fools.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by XerXers: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
DevilsEqual:
SE is your home, if u feel a foreign land isnt favorable to you and your kinsmen, then either move to another state or where u feel you're gonna prosper or u go back to your homestate

I will never understand why anyone would worry or bother so much that you would have to care about the poor performances of SW govt...its like me bothering about why the govt of plateau is underperforming when i can move to Lagos
Lol, but you can hide in your mud house and create millions of threads about SE?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by XerXers: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
2mch:

The fact that you refugees who can’t face men like you keep running to Lagos to constitute nuisance is causing a strain on the infrastructure. Go home and make your home Japan before bothering about others. You are all a useless and nuisance joke to SW’enrs. You have no pride and no home. So you are not rated. All you do wherever you go is consistute nuisance either through drugs or crime. Make your home heaven first before you point out anything in another man’s land. Bloody transgender nuisances. Transgender even have more courage than you. Useless IPOB target practice. No value to Nigeria. Your useless Governors don’t even have one functioning hospital in the whole SE but na Lagos be the biggest problem for your head. Mad group of people. If I was Igbo I will be so ashamed of you fools.
Face the topic coward

8 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by XerXers: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Whats my business with Guardian
I'm asking why u should worry too much about them when u can go elsewhere to do your stuff as the LASG wont listen to your opinion on how to govern the state

I cant question Soludo on why Anambra isnt moving forward, I'd rather leave if i feel things isnt going as planned as Soludo would never bother to seek my opinion on how to govern his state

Instead of complaining, i would rather go elsewhere or try to endure Anambra's underdevelopment...Do same
See this olodo. You can't question governor? Democracy is strange to you people after your long history of monarchy damaged your psyche

9 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by HenryWilliams(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
There's an agency I do see patching up roads in Lagos state before, I wander why they are not effective again. It's been long I saw them work on a road in Lagos.

Their budget is delayed due to Internal politics

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by 2mch(m): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
XerXers:

Face the topic coward
What stupid topic? From useless people with nothing from where they originate? Low IQ piece of trash. People only listen to people that have something to offer. Not losers like you. Who small boys are treating like animals at home. Yet others should respect your opinion? You have no right to an opinion. No one rates you in Nigeria. A man without a peaceful home is a joke, all over the world. You are a coward and come from a long line of cowards who are daft, and follow daft people like sheep to slaughter every 30yrs. Bunch of fools.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Ikaeniyan0: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
HenryWilliams:

Their budget is delayed due to Internal politics
No wander a lot of major roads are becoming a mess. Roads like the Ikorodu road need a facelift

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by DevilsEqual(m): 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
XerXers:

Lol, but you can hide in your mud house and create millions of threads about SE?

Really?
I created threads? U mean u went through my profile and u saw my threads?

What are the topics of my threads?

By the way, your name sounds like that of Queen Esthers king in the bible, King Atarxerxes 1 in the book Nehemiah, believed to be King Ahasuerus in Esther1:1

Feel bad to know that you're a tribal bigot
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by DevilsEqual(m): 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
XerXers:

See this olodo. You can't question governor? Democracy is strange to you people after your long history of monarchy damaged your psyche

Thats not the point...The govt wont come to nairaland to read your comment neither would they take your suggestions on how to govern their states

In cases like this, you have to move to your state or maybe to a state that supports your pace of development

If the SW are okay with their retrogression, why should it be your worry
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Penguin2: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
2mch:

Is this the picture or video of those killed by IPOB?

2 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Penguin2: 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

You clearly have the best of intents for Lagos at heart, but whenever you raise these concerns, you're always hounded, antagonised and bluntly insulted over what others perceive as "your hatred" for the city and Yorubas as a whole.

I became a regular on nairaland during the election campaigns and I followed views and opinions of a handful of users, you inclusive. And I took interest in some of you cause you come off as sound minds. I see how much you wriggle under the label and stereotype that has been imprinted on your person by nairalanders who believe and feel your opinions come from a place of bile, envy and hate, simply because you took a solid stand in support of Peter Obi's candidacy. I don't know how much or less you enjoy the fuckery that is smeared on you on a daily basis, but I only gave that advice like a friend, looking out for another friend.

I honestly meant no harm.
Love and light, comrade!

I don’t give heed to their biles and hate cuz I know they are operating from a place of ignorance and low mental development. It would amount to an indictment on my education and enlightenment if I join them in the gutter.

That’s why no matter how hard they try, I never allow them drag me with them to their pond of dirt.

But your care and concern is highly appreciated.

5 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Penguin2: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Whats my business with Guardian
I'm asking why u should worry too much about them when u can go elsewhere to do your stuff as the LASG wont listen to your opinion on how to govern the state

I cant question Soludo on why Anambra isnt moving forward, I'd rather leave if i feel things isnt going as planned as Soludo would never bother to seek my opinion on how to govern his state

Instead of complaining, i would rather go elsewhere or try to endure Anambra's underdevelopment...Do same
If I have no business in what goes on in Lagos, why then do you lots think you have business in what goes on in Southeast?

7 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Penguin2: 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
DevilsEqual:

No dey talk like this'
Chike Akunyili was killed on a monday in onitsha..Lol, i cant even count the number of monday casualities that has been recorded so far, especially those killed by UGM

By your deductive reasoning, which is more reasonable, that u worry more about SE/ moving to a more favorable state or that u stay in Lag where the govt doesnt send u while u go about worrying about why your family and the SW isnt moving at your intended pace
Dr Chike Akunyili was assassinated by APC and Andy Uba's political killers who he imported into Anambra thinking they would help him win election by using them to scare voters away from polling units which would allow his crooks the chance to rig votes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Vboot1: 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
Penguin2:
A drive through Lagos will leave the picture of dilapidated infrastructure before you.

Is it the expressway from Ojota to Costain that now has collapsed portions that a simple patchwork could have solved?

Is it the the road to Ogombo from Abraham Adesanya that has totally collapsed and spills traffic to Abraham Adesanya roundabout?

Is it the abandoned project at VGC that left bad portions of road there that causes massive traffic and loss of productive hours?

Is it the construction of Awoyaya to Abraham Adesanya section of the Lekki-Epe Expressway that is moving at the speed of snail which has made a trip that should have been 10 minutes to run into 3 hours sometimes?

Or is the total collapse of infrastructure in Idumota Market with flood almost taking over some section of the market without government lifting a finger?

Or is it the fact that no inner streets roads has been constructed anywhere in Lagos in the past four years?

These things leaves you wondering, “what is Lagos really doing with its huge revenue”?

Again, one can’t help but wonder, if smaller and poorer states like Ebonyi, etc, can build infrastructures without putting it back on the residents in the name of tolls, why does Lagos keep concessioning major infrastructural projects like roads, bridges, to private entities who use their money to build these projects and resort to daily taxing of residents in the name of tolls in order to recoup their investment?

https://guardian.ng/news/despite-huge-revenue-lagos-local-councils-underperform-worsen-residents-pains/

Even the "almighty" island is nothing to write home about. From Awoyaya to VGC is hell, you'll probably spend 2-3 plying that route. Lagos with the huge igr shouldn't be in this mess.

After visitin Lome and Accra, I come to realize that Nigeria is a mess, our standard is so fucking low.

6 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by twilliamx(m): 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
As in. Since they started getting funds directly. Lagos started deteriorating
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Yes but Lagos will soon be rebuilt to Dubai level
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Blaze14k: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Economic activities in their region is literally collapsing and the place is being turned to a war zone but SW is their headache. They came to the SW to seek refuge but in their minds, they feel like they are stakeholders.

grin grin grin

I must say you guys are really sick in the head.. as in what is the essence of this gibberish u wrote?

5 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buba Marwa was d realest bestest govnor Lagos ever had!

embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Favourrrr: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
Good
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by emerged01(m): 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
Huge revenue that didnt get to local govt. Local govt cant perform without autonomy.

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by LZAA: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
They would rather blame some people o😄

2 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Chucks13: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
From obi slaves again. Wallahi una go Kpeme on-top of Lagos matter insha Allah.

Hey hey busy body eeehh
Hey hey busy body eehhh!!! Na one guy sing am oo

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by LZAA: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Economic activities in their region is literally collapsing and the place is being turned to a war zone but SW is their headache. They came to the SW to seek refuge but in their minds, they feel like they are stakeholders.

grin grin grin
Case in point 😄

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by LZAA: 9:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
Chucks13:
From obi slaves again. Wallahi una go Kpeme on-top of Lagos matter insha Allah.

Hey hey busy body eeehh
Hey hey busy body eehhh!!! Na one guy sing am oo
Another one 😄

2 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Boyooosa(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Christistruth03:
Whoever says Gov Sanwo Olu is not doing well is an enemy of Truth

Elucidate
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Reference(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Lagos is a one party state. There is nothing to shake up the tree of corruption.
Governance there is not competitive.
Democracy does not exist.

6 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Adesina18111(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
One thing I don't understand about Lagos and Ogun state is whether their LCDAs are working or not...there is no good road and light in some of the streets of Lagos (not Lagos Island)...each time i pass through streets (when u have to pass through the street to avoid gridlock on the main road) for Lagos like this everywhere be like dem no be part of the Lagos we watch on news...abi na only Governor get power to do projects ni?...

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by ipobarecriminals: 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
sad Bring back our Ambode/Detective Fashola
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by berbs: 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ori gbogbo yin a pe last last.
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by ipobarecriminals: 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
angry angry Nah wah oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fubara Plotting To Demolish Our Official Residence, Pro-Wike Speaker Amaewhule / $2 Billion Abacha Loot: Gov Bagudu, Wife File Suit To Claim Seized Funds In Us / Suspected Boko Haram Leader Arrested At Karkasara Quarters In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.