Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges (12570 Views)

Presidency, APC Plotting To Intimidate, Annex Judiciary – PDP / Sokoto 2019: PDP Accuses Police Of Aiding APC, Intimidating Members Ahead Of Ele / Apc’s Direct Primary Ploy By Buhari To Rig 2019 Elections, PDP Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by peekspot(m): 12:46am On Jul 18, 2023

The Peoples Democratic Party has accused lawyers holding briefs for President Bola Tinubu and the All Progressives Congress at the Presidential Election Petition Court of engaging in acts aimed at intimidating the judiciary.

This is just as the main opposition party claimed that the alleged threats are contained in the lawyers’ written addresses before the election petition tribunal.

In a press release issued on Monday by Debo Ologunagba, National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, the party stressed that “The statement by the lawyers in the said written address threatening crisis and anarchy in the country in the event of the court ruling that their clients did not meet the constitutionally required 25 per cent votes in the Federal Capital Territory is subversive, an affront to democratic order and assault on the corporate existence of the nation.”

The statement said it is “Alarming and disturbing that the APC externalised to the public, their final written address in which they also threatened national peace if the court upholds the clear provisions of Section 134 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) with regard to the mandatory and statutory requirements for which a candidate in a Presidential election can be declared the winner.

“The threats, either through counsel or officials of the APC are calculated to intimidate and harass the judiciary and indeed Nigerians.

“The PDP holds that the clear intent of the APC is to blackmail the court and emasculate the independence of the judiciary to discharge its duties in accordance with the dictates of the law. This action is ostensibly to set the stage to orchestrate violent crises in various parts of the country with the intention to further blackmail the PEPC.”

The PDP also questioned the rationale by the ruling party for making public the said written addresses.

“We ask, why is the APC externalizing their final written address to the public? Is the APC being pre-emptive and now seeking to heighten tension, subvert the judicial process and trigger anarchy, having realized the weakness of their case before the PEPC?

“The PDP however cautions and emphasizes that Nigeria is a country of rule of law. The statutory requirements for a winner in a Presidential election as provided by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and the Electoral Act, 2022 are clear and unambiguous.

“The APC must therefore respect the provisions of the law and allow the judiciary to discharge its duties independently, without threats, intimidation and coercion.

“Contrary to the doomsday claims of the APC and its lawyers, upholding the provisions of the constitution and the laws at this point will rather promote peace and stability in the polity, deepen our democracy and engender confidence in the institution of the judiciary.

“The PDP calls on Nigerians to remain calm, alert and hopeful in the ability of the judiciary to dispense justice accordingly,” the statement further read.

https://punchng.com/apc-tinubu-intimidating-judiciary-pdp-alleges/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 12:47am On Jul 18, 2023
grin grin grin

Comedians!

PDP talking about intimidation? grin grin grin

when His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is done with PDP and LP, they will be so obsolete in 2031.

Asiwaju tactics can be compared to that of the United States. He is a perfectionist at "Breaking them from within"

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by meum: 1:45am On Jul 18, 2023
We don’t need PDP to say this. We all should see the statement for what it is.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by loosecanon50(m): 1:46am On Jul 18, 2023
The person who said aggrieved parties should go to court is the same person saying there will be anarchy and chaos if the court invalidates his stolen victory because of 25% in FCT.

The earlier we know our country has been hijacked by criminals and thugs, the better for us all...but it's just for now because I know the judiciary won't mess up in their final judgment. They know the eyes of the world is on them.

Tinubu will make history as the first sitting president to be booted out of office.

141 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Moferere: 5:12am On Jul 18, 2023
PDP has been reduced to a party of press statement

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by PandoraObi: 5:23am On Jul 18, 2023
President Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Jagaban, see them before they act, he knows what they are planning, he is a master strategist, the greatest politician that have ever lived in Africa, he know how to check perceived enemies, he used it against buhari and his cabals, he won, he pushed Peter girigory Obi inside the mud of defeat and cover him up

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by accordadoga26(f): 5:23am On Jul 18, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by accordadoga26(f): 5:26am On Jul 18, 2023
The same judiciary the pigs think will unseat the great Ashiwaju of Africa as president is what he is being alleged of intimidating now??

Is God not wonderful?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Bobloco: 5:52am On Jul 18, 2023
Tinubu and the APC knows that with the avalanche of evidence before the tribunal, they are going to be sent packing by the courts reason they now resort to blackmail, threats and hitting up the policy with a phantom anarchy and chaos.

The security agencies should be on red alert and ensure that Tinubu, the APC is held responsible for any anarchy and chaos that will emanate as a result of being sacked by the courts

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by helinues: 5:53am On Jul 18, 2023
undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by VinnyBaba: 6:02am On Jul 18, 2023
Mene mene
Teke Parsin.

Like king Belthalzar, Druggie has read the Handwriting on the Wall. sad

His Days are numbers and the Kingdom (Aso Rock) is about to be given to Medes and Persians (Labour Party).🤨🙂

Tinubu should honorably Step down to avoid Disgrace.😕

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by ican2020: 6:26am On Jul 18, 2023
accordadoga26:
The same judiciary the pigs think will unseat the great Ashiwaju of Africa as president is what he is being alleged of intimidating now??

Is God not wonderful?
Use your brain and not anus

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:29am On Jul 18, 2023
meum:
We don’t need PDP to say this. We all should see the statement for what it is. What the APC did through its lawyers is pure intimidation & blackmail of the Judiciary. It’s okay to pray the courts not to invalidate your ‘victory’ at the polls but adding that there will be anarchy and chaos if the court does so is pure intimidation & harassment of the Judiciary. The statement by the APC is aimed at coercing the courts to do their bidding in order to avert an imaginary chaos & anarchy that will never happen.
It is too bad my brother. Should PO make that statement, APC would clamour for his arrest.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by meolaniyi(m): 6:29am On Jul 18, 2023
Tinubu administration is the UGM ( unknown government)

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by loosecanon50(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2023
ican2020:

Use your brain and not anus

You have time to respond to that empty vessel.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by shielaAhmed: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
All the hustlers out there,Checkout my thread for sure 2odds today. Use am hold body. Thank me later
Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by marlow1962(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Normally
Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by slawomir: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Tribunal will do the right thing and Nigerians will celebrate 🍾

No matter the intimidation

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Risingblue008(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
This man tinibu is nothing but a thief,
I still wonder how comes he got followers yet,
I never see anyone for my area,
If this man be president at last,
The country go suffer yet they can't see it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Blackestjunior(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2023
Hhhmm..APC
Is the judiciary still the last hope of the common man under this APC government

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 18, 2023
Na wa oh

My cousin has promised me his 1 year salary if Tinubu is booted out from office. This is a bet. He won our last bet and I paid him ,now, I am praying Tinubu is booted out so I can earn a whole year salary from the Nigerian Navy 👍

I buy and sell all kinds of coins and e/wallet funds. Contact me today for a fast payout/transaction

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by princeade86(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2023
We all know
Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by etcme(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2023
You used INEC to give yourself victory over night. Instructing INEC to tell anyone that is not in agreement with the decision to go to court.

They have gone to court and you are still the one panicking and threatening with chaos and anarchy.

What do I know? This anarchy will favour me and my family.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/D2x_2d15IFc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Opanka44(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2023
Their plans will fail.
The Judiciary must be aware that this is a Litmus test for them. A test of character and Integrity to restore public confidence. A test to change the ugly public perception of them. To write the many wrongs and actrocities over the years
The judiciary must not compromise, they must not subvert or pervert justice. No.
Whoever wins, should be made the president. And if a rerun is needed then so be it. We are only worried about the financial implications of a Rerun

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Savechild23: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2023
We will resist

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by CallmeTrinity: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2023
loosecanon50:
The person who said aggrieved parties should go to court is the same person saying there will be anarchy and chaos if the court invalidates his stolen victory because of 25% in FCT.

The earlier we know our country has been captured by criminals and thugs, the better for us all...but it's just for now because I know the judiciary won't mess up in their final judgment. They know the eyes of the world is on them.

Tinubu will make history as the first sitting president to be booted out of office.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

So true . Watch those Tinubu supporting fàggots come here and. Call You Ibo as if their generation is afflicted with calling everyone Ibo
To all Tinubu supporters,
Die slow.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2023
Your wailings have just begun. Pot calling kettle black!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by LUAN(m): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2023
That's why they told you guys to go to court
Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2023
tinubu knows he is a failure thats why he always resorts to thuggery to have his way. shame

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by chris20000: 9:59am On Jul 18, 2023
Last Last we will see what happens

Meanwhile

Budweiser Surprised Davido with a big cake after his successful show in Toronto where he sold out a 16 thousand capacity stadium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBwLPYCYYrE
Re: Tinubu, APC Intimidating Judiciary, PDP Alleges by famology(m): 9:59am On Jul 18, 2023
Take the intimidation to court

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School / What The Igbo Need To Know Before They Join The Ijaw For Civil War / APC Has Merged With INEC, Police – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.