Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? (29426 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than Educated Ones / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2023
Jeyun:
so a 65 year old man like u still see keypad typing error as illiteracy? chai I pity for your up bringing. Learned mugu
e pain am grin tongue

Just accept corrections.no need for pride and ego grin tongue

Even your Bible states pride goeth before a fall.its one of the reasons Satan was banished permanently from heaven so don't be like the devil and learn to be humble.one of the signs of humility is accepting you were wrong in your spellings grin tongue there's no need to be ashamed and then be using gra gra to cover face wink

We know as e dey go so faraburuku bale wink wink
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
7demons:

Where would people have gotten Feminism if not from Education?
feminism have always existed...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by woodr5711: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
The reason is this
Educated ones have not fully understand life but uneducated ones have understand life that's why they last longer in marriages than educated ones.

Going to school doesn't guaranteed you that you will succeed in aspect of life and marriages
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by salem1996: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
I hope by education you don't mean celebrities and men of influence. Not all of em are educated.
Secondly, you can be educated in one field and completely ignorant in another. A lot of people focus on building a career and making money, forgetting that marriage is an institution that has control even on the career they tried to build. Celebrities have made it look like pastoral teachings on marriage are old stuffs, and eduction has been redefined to mean making money so the average person thinks of marriage immediately he gets money but don't think of the needed knowledge about marriage.
Our old parents pay attention to preachers, so whether educated or not, they seems to be less of ignorance in terms of understanding marriage and walked according to what they learn.

Today
Boys just make money to find
Girls with beauty fosters by foundation nd plaster on their faces,
Keep sleeping around till they feel they want to get married,
Then they find a court that grants them go ahead and up they go,
Only to realized there's more than meet the eye.

I have a beautiful family where Dad is on his masters, mum is educated too and meeeen my prayer has been "Lord, I want a family like this"

Dad will always put mum first after God, mum will always put Dad first after God. I've never ever heard em shout at each other sefffffff
Mum said they do have small small quarrels sha grin but e no deh pass 2 minutes shout and next thing, them don deh disturb the house with children play cheesy cheesy kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by BRATISLAVA: 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2023
Origin:
Abeg carry your myopic world view away from here. So many uneducated ladies with 2-3 prior marriages but you are using famous divorces to judge.

And in this archaic and myopic view you all believe that divorces are caused by women? That marriage successes are based on the efforts of the wife....

That Mr A will read and it is Mr B that will pass the exams? That as educated as you are you would base the success of a marriage on an uneducated woman. Or that you would choose an uneducated woman as the mother of your kids.

I love all women in whatever shapes they come and would hope that even if one falls for an uneducated woman one would do their utmost to make them educated.

Preach.

Maybe it's epidemic stupidity among male posters or it is really how people reason, but everything you said yes true.

Marriage success: it's because he married s good wife
Marriage fails: it's because he married a bad wife
Man dies: it is his wife who killed him
Men succeeds: it is his wife who is hardworking

These people have chalked everything up to the mythical/unrealistic qualities of a woman/superwoman, yet they claim to be the prize but are lazy and cannot commit to their own responsibilities on relationships or marriages. It's easy for them to throw everything at the woman and do absolutely nothing themselves but fantasize.

They aren't even bothered that as the logical people who they claim to be, their ideals are all fantasy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by fineberry(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
Educated or No educated as long as there's no respect, no submission, no forgiving attitude, trust, good communication, over expectation, introducing third parties....the marriage will definitely crash
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Exceed15: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
Because too much knowledge destroys things
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by darealez(m): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
How? The oversabi(educated) should be the reason to make it last long but it always turn out the other ways.
lol! You never being in a team of elites. They stall and make almost no progress
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by wany(f): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2023
oluwalonprovide:
Because the educated ones always believes they have right of want or need but the uneducated believes so much in need of each party (the father playing fatherly role of authority and the mother playing the role of submission).
You need a maid not a wife undecided
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by izonborn098(m): 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2023
I don laught tire my g
olamilarks:
I'll pass! I don't mess with your moniker, its always a longy windy street of mentions, bye!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by emmaodet: 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
JaskanFactor:
Education, the cosmopolitan city, the fast life is all the same thing, a life fully engrossed in matter, Matter is derived from ancient word maya, maya means illusion.

You could well have said why does marriage of village people last longer than those of people in the city. Its cause the people in the city have been exposed to much of the illusory world, and thus ambitions and expectations have become inhumane and unrealistic.

The fast life with the schools, offices, bills , traffic , education and all thier stresses are like a stain akin to exposure to toxic nuclear waste.
Anybody wishing to remain in sanity should really limit exposure to just what they need to make ends meet.

Never look upon the cosmopolitan and its education as a way forward, at best its a necessary evil.

You could be impressed with education and civilisation in maya/matter , until you find out that its said that the world was more technologically advanced during the time of Abraham than it is today , cause its said the ziggurats alien looking flat top pyramids in iraq were built around the time of Abraham and that he grew up around those structures.

There is far too much evidence around the world to show that many periods in ancient times were more hitech than today, example Olumorock in Abeokuta is an ancient man made structure of woman laying down, you can see this from helicopter etc. They could not have built that structure without lots of machines , not the pyramids in Egypt and many palaces in Europe and Russia have the same story .

here is YouTube page of Russian lady who goes around the world researching those ancient structures from long lost civilisations of the past, focus on her older vids not the new ones, cause a re newer vids are more about her life journey. Its from her i foundout about olumo rock being part of ancient civilisation of giant people.

https://www.youtube.com/@newearth-sylvie-ivanova

So that in the ancient books that most people never get to read, but secret cults share with one another, it is said that civilisation rise and always necessarily fall cause the very essence of civilisation and its education and its fast life is draining the life force of the population to a point where it all has to end in some catastrophic disaster like war cause everybody gets too arrogant , selfish , greedy and complacent . Then the survivors start the process all over again, much like sea water keeps coming home to the beach and retreating all day .

The builders of civilisation it said, always retreat into thier caves when the chaos starts, then they come back to rebuild from scratch all over again.

They build the civilisation knowing full well that what it takes to build that civilisation is going to make the people soulless, and thus eventually leading to the collapse of the civilisation. Just like sea water rises high promising to wipe out the beach only to crash at shore, then it starts all over again. They do say people and all solids are doing what the water is doing, except in slow motion.

Exposure to the civilisation and its ways is making the people less human , less able to get along , all the while they get more hitech.

This is why many religions like islam / Judaism advocate getting out of civilisation say 5 times a day, dropping everything and retreating to a quite place, they treat exposure to matter/maya as as exposure to toxic waste that needs to be limited. Jews for example dont touch anything with electricity on sabbath/Saturday.

No, technology , education, civilisation, cosmopolitan etc is not a novel idea, its at best a necessary evil to which one needs to limit their exposure to what you need to make ends meet.

This is why its often the case that the more a certain tribe does well at school, the more such a tribe are likely to be arrogant, selfish, greedy, jealous.

They say the smartest kids come last in class, cause thier purpose is to see the night whilst those that come first are here to see the day, and need guidance by night from the former.

No please dont ever think you making progress through education and promotion , its strictly for putting food on the table, cause its a stain on the soul. Cause of all the concentration you have to sacrifice into it.

Marriages last longer in the village for same reason that village people have simpler jokes that city people will find boring.

So that every time you give the world your eyes can see your full attention , you are in a way exposing your spirit to toxic waste, its a necessary evil that should be limited in moderation, but some then go ahead and turn that into a university and 9 to 5 career job .

The ancient teachers say , for with each new knowledge comes corruption of the soul. So that he who comes first in class, is far more likely to have a very depraved dark mind.

This is why certain cultures go out of thier way to keep it simple, slow and steady.
Cause the invisible world with which we are supposed to be in concert with is more like a church choir , from whom we detach every time we go into noisy, busy, fast pace life.

So the marriage of educated people dont last as long , cause they are living a life of corruption.
And many dont realise its a trap, there is nothing new under the sun, the ancient civilisations were more hitech than today and things always fall apart cause everybody becomes corrupted by the very essence of the the civilisation process.

This is why its not a bad idea to choose a marriage partner from some remote village, thus not yet so stained by the toxic waste that is so called civilisation, for we are spirit before matter.

There is an ancient god worshipped in Europe when Europe was still run by its melanated dark skin founders , his statue always shows him with one eye open and the other closed, depicting that try not to get carried away by the day and events, limit exposure of the open eyes, and look inside more often , seek out the dimly lit quiet places where everything is slow, lest you miss the beat of the choir of trinity.

Hmmmmmm

These are esoteric knowledge.
Are you a student of esoterism?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by omolola12345(m): 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2023
Its too know that is causing between the two
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by 7arrows: 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
are they uneducated self... ? Is education just university certificate... Cos a primary or secondary School leaver is educated

Abi o.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by izonborn098(m): 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2023
Problem with education is not a tribe something, it is general...
omooba969:

What do you have to say about Urhobo and Igbo women who are educated?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by olamilarks(m): 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
izonborn098:
I don laught tire my g
My guy! I don't have energy for back and forth that doesn't translate into credit alerts, I've learnt to be intentional about my interactions on NL streets.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by curlarpy: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
Gender equality
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by tweesgger: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Most men develop a frightening level of ego as they hit puberty through adolescent in an increasing order, they get severely embarrassed If anyone disagrees with them and lash out in unpredictable ways to cope with that negative feeling. Naturally they expect their woman to go along with whatever good or bad (but it's all good in their minds) they may present and not question it, any disagreement is translated as a challenge and usually met with swift rebuttal and intense aggression.

Educated people to some extent have more exposure and are better aware of what facilitates their joy, so naturally they won't back down on some important issues despite the barbaric behavior of such men, this ultimately leads to all levels/manners of conflicts with mild to devastating outcomes depending on fate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by JaskanFactor: 11:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmm

These are esoteric knowledge.
Are you a student of esoterism?

lets just i say i study current and ancient truths to make life and eternal more profitable.
Ancient greek philosopher said giving gratitude in the mind is one of the best ways to open wealth of information deep inside the mind.
And also in this age of internet there much very much information accessible about current and ancient truths that stand the test of all time.

Some teachers mostly past on and current who have good vidoes on YouTube include

Rudolf Steiner
Bobby Hermit
Mainly PHall
Allan Watts

to name a few of those i found most informative

Adolf Hitler was satanic man who found Rudolf Steiner's information so unacceptable that he burnt down Steiner's library.
Adolf Hitler was known to be into coprophilia, those who get sexual pleasure from people shitting on them.

Mainly P Hall was the spiritual teacher and mentor of former US president Ronald Regan.

Bobby Hermit is by far one of the best world wide teachers about global spiritual practices weather good or evil.
As black American he also a practioner of youruba IFa religion in USA.

Allan Watts is the only person i ever listened to that made me see a whole new side of the world that i never realised is right there before your eyes hidden in plain sight. As he says never forget that anywhere you look, its the background that makes the foreground visible.

Cause anybody who is not aware of the ancient truths is a zombie being moved along by the prevailing current of the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by emmaodet: 12:15am On Sep 03, 2023
JaskanFactor:

lets just i say i study current and ancient truths to make life and eternal more profitable.
Ancient greek philosopher said giving gratitude in the mind is one of the best ways to open wealth of information deep inside the mind.
And also in this age of internet there much very much information accessible about current and ancient truths that stand the test of all time.

Some teachers mostly past on and current who have good vidoes on YouTube include

Rudolf Steiner
Bobby Hermit
Mainly PHall
Allan Watts

to name a few of those i found most informative

Adolf Hitler was satanic man who found Rudolf Steiner's information so unacceptable that he burnt down Steiner's library.
Adolf Hitler was known to be into coprophilia, those who get sexual pleasure from people shitting on them.

Mainly P Hall was the spiritual teacher and mentor of former US president Ronald Regan.

Bobby Hermit is by far one of the best world wide teachers about global spiritual practices weather good or evil.
As black American he also a practioner of youruba IFa religion in USA.

Allan Watts is the only person i ever listened to that made me see a whole new side of the world that i never realised is right there before your eyes hidden in plain sight. As he says never forget that anywhere you look, its the background that makes the foreground visible.

Cause anybody who is not aware of the ancient truths is a zombie being moved along by the prevailing current of the time.

Hmmmmmm
Thanks for the names. I will check them out
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by oyatz(m): 12:36am On Sep 03, 2023
Marriages of educated couples actually last longer than uneducated couples.

However, most uneducated couples don't marry in the English ways (they just start firing each other until when the girl becomes pregnant, then some may do traditional wedding) with marriage certificates ,thus they don't also divorce like educated people, they just separate from each other.

marriages between educated men and less educated women (like the Headmasters of the 1960s-1990, whose wives were often semi-illiterates) last longer because the women are conditioned to be submissive.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Altrarecords(m): 1:37am On Sep 03, 2023
Because educated ones overwise
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Emyogalanya: 4:29am On Sep 03, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?
cos education is key to Divorce
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by goalsplanners: 5:39am On Sep 03, 2023
Provide your data and source.

However, one major reason could be expectations and exposure.

The more your exposure educationally and otherwise the more your expectations, the more your expectations, the more your demands from your spouse, the more your demand, the more the frustration, the more the frustration, the more the divorce. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Deogratiasfx: 6:11am On Sep 03, 2023
The truth is, education does not really matter when it comes to marriage lasting. What matters is if u value the union. You will do everything within ur power to protect what u value.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 03, 2023
Deogratiasfx:
The truth is, education does not really matter when it comes to marriage lasting. What matters is if u value the union. You will do everything within ur power to protect what u value.
You are right
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by musajo1(m): 6:43am On Sep 03, 2023
The ego syndrome
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by freddie009(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2023
izonborn098:
First marriage is not for two strict people, one has to fall mugu or better still overlook and accept many things.
A graduate is more advance and have some white man mentality because they are educated and can read whatever both online and offline while am uneducated woman has am africa mentality which she knows the man is the head of the house, she can accept many of his mistakes just as u forgive ur children of their mistakes but am educated wife take everything serious because of pride and entitle mentality there by competing with her husband.
You can take advantage of ur uneducated wife in so many occasions compared to the educated one.
If u have an uneducated women who is business minded and has understanding then just open business for her and have a happy family e.g orhobo and igbo women are very good examples, while an educated working woman will some times prefer her work more than the marriage all because she want to be dependent.
Op their are more but just

That's why I like Urhobo women, they aren't all that beautiful because they don't really have time for that but when it comes to been hardworking and respectful I give it to them. No forming.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Emmanuel909090: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2023
True talk
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by mustykay: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2023
As Africans, the husband is the head of the house but in the western world the reverse is the case. Infact women are more valuable. Getting education is western,hence most educated couples see themselves as equal which is against our African culture and value. As Africans, men are expected to go and work and bring food to the house but now days, a women too is expected to contribute in feeding the house. Hence, the sense of entitlement.Only few educated couples who value their marriage stay longer out of respect, love and tolerance.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by gard9ner(m): 11:38am On Sep 03, 2023
dalass:
I actually feel that the marriages of uneducated people don't last. The marriages of educated people are usually done properly and each mostly have their jobs and sources of livelihood.

Whereas those uneducated people mostly get married and the girl/ lady who is the wife to be usually have nothing doing financially so is a liability or is earning peanuts with many kids. I have seen husbands just picking up few stuffs and leaving the homes for the wife and kids when the burden almost chokes the life of the man who himself is probably an artisan or gateman undecided undecided
You talk like it’s from your personal experience. Your English doesn’t sound so good too, are you one of them?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by gard9ner(m): 11:44am On Sep 03, 2023
talented321:
U should have explain ur topic better' the question is two educated people and not one educated to non educated.
1.75% or more marriages in nigeria are uneducated that is why we always see divorce of uneducated marriage compared to the few educated marriage.
2. Many eneducated couples marry early compare to the educated who marry late 30s or late 40s' it is very difficulty for early marriage to last but still yet many of them last.
3.people will come here to say uneducated people are poor' i don't know if they are talking about the few ones living in the village because i know the salary of grade 8 to 15 or 17 in nigeria and that money is not to be compared to legit business woman or man' my aunt and husband are good examples who have made millions without going to any university.
So when next explain you topics well
You have solid points but you sef try dey explain yourself too with clarity and succinct English. Also, what do you mean by “75% marriages are uneducated” and where did you get source?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by hkunle71(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
Western Education is the root of all problems... Back in the days of our uneducated forefathers with their awesome outnumbered wives... Life was sweet!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.