Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? (29429 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than Educated Ones / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by achorladey: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?

They didn't go to school to study marriage and their being educated is not centered on doing well in marriage.

You should know marriage is another institution on its own. Married couples enrol in some cases before and after the knot is tied and just like every institution, the students fail or pass the numerous courses offered or available.

The uneducated ones are student of that institution too just like the educated ones and based on your post that the uneducated ones are doing well. Definitely the uneducated ones stick closely with the determination of passing the courses offered within the walls of the institution called marriage.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Henry22(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Cos of the so called woke women/ladies.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
The foundation of formal education is mind programming for workforce. That's why a lot of high end successful inventors never finished university. Educated people read too many books that separate them from their individuality leading to confusion and power play.

Why do you think educated people are easily scammed?

/
learned but ignorant is the issue.its possible to be educated in books and in street (I have seen a couple of people like that) however you're referring to those with only one angle of education.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by blingxx(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
izonborn098:
First marriage is not for two strict people, one has to fall mugu or better still overlook and accept many things.
A graduate is more advance and have some white man mentality because they are educated and can read whatever both online and offline while am uneducated woman has am africa mentality which she knows the man is the head of the house, she can accept many of his mistakes just as u forgive ur children of their mistakes but am educated wife take everything serious because of pride and entitle mentality there by competing with her husband.
You can take advantage of ur uneducated wife in so many occasions compared to the educated one.
If u have an uneducated women who is business minded and has understanding then just open business for her and have a happy family e.g orhobo and igbo women are very good examples, while an educated working woman will some times prefer her work more than the marriage all because she want to be dependent.
Op their are more but just

The same white pple that are using divorce to cash out of marriage.. Ask Steve Harvey wassup cheesy.. Hakimi was smart enough enough to dodge a bullet grin
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Too wise to be cheated? Does any sane person take lightly to being cheated? Even babies don't take kindly to such. undecided
you dey mind am.how you wan take know sociopaths and unrefined misogynist if them no expose themselves grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
blingxx:

The same white pple that are using divorce to cash out of marriage.. Ask Steve Harvey wassup cheesy.. Hakimi was smart enough enough to dodge a bullet grin
dey deceive yourself

Steve and his wife have come out to clear the air that they are not divorced.
I know say Na news of divorce dey always excite you but sorry to burst your bubble, they're not divorced grin tongue
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by CodeTemplar: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
Wrong.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by onatisi(m): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
it will last because they are not educated and therefore don't follow western cultures too much, they don't allow their lifestyle to be dictated by western media propaganda. yes some of them do have problems but you will notice that after some time they resolve issues amicably and that is because THEY STILL hold HIGHLY OUR TRADITIONAL BELIEFS AND CULTURES. our culture is the best , and divorce was very scarce in the olden days BUT THE MOMENT WE ACCEPTED THE WHITE MAN CULTURE, DRESSING, MENTALITY AND LIFESTYLE, EVERYTHING TURNED UPSIDE DOWN. IT IS THE WHITE MAN THAT BROUGHT THE IDEA THAT MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL SO IN ORDER WORDS THE MAN IS NO LONGER THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY. TWO MASTERS CANNOT BE IN A HOUSE , THE HOUSE WONT STAND
this now made the woman and the man to be in direct compettion , religion toohas played a very negative role

IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Tfkspecial(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Because they refuse to westernize their marriage. Gender equality is a primary factor for broken marriages
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Psoul(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this

Very simple.
You must be stupid for your marriage to work. Marriage is not a place to displaced how wise or educated you are.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by GOVERNORR: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2023
You can't be intelligent and stay married.. marriage demands that you be a fool for her
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Phred1717: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
pride and ego
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Tony4000: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
Very Intelligent people don’t last long in marriage, to actualize a happy home, you must embrace stupidity
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Tapout(m): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

Same reason Adam and Eve were Kicked out of Eden. To much knowledge and exposure grin
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by nurudeen181(m): 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2023
they say what you dont know doesn't kill you
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by EconomistXplain: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2023
dalass:
I actually feel that the marriages of uneducated people don't last. The marriages of educated people are usually done properly and each mostly have their jobs and sources of livelihood.

Whereas those uneducated people mostly get married and the girl/ lady who is the wife to be usually have nothing doing financially so is a liability or is earning peanuts with many kids. I have seen husbands just picking up few stuffs and leaving the homes for the wife and kids when the burden almost chokes the life of the man who himself is probably an artisan or gateman undecided undecided

u jugded only from.the financial angle...so u mean much finance in the houseakes marriage last for sure...?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by franchasofficia: 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Iya take yourself weh don sabi every good and bad thing on earth as example, wetin again a man wan do to please you if not to turn to mumu for u? Now imagine when u come marry Oga sabinus like yourself, no be gbege be that? shocked cheesy
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by franchasofficia: 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Does education makes people have bad behavior?
Yes education make most African women become arrogant, uncouth and difficult to manage.

Education make most African women lose their feminity

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Emmychem(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
True! I've seen it with my parents... Both are educated... It's been quarrels and misunderstanding.. since I was born, am 35yrs now... Am still settling dispute with my aged parents... It's worrisome!!
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Jeyun: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
dangotesmummy:
it is UTTERANCE not altrance.Thank you cool

We can now figure who the mgbeke is cool
u are the mgbeke for speaking ill of innocent poor children who cannot challenge God or turn their situation around. Na water full your brain de way I dey see u. For your information those kind of children are far more hard working and always make it in life than the Wait make my papa die make we share him wealth lazy type like u..
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by fineboynl(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2023
Most people think that all uneducated are poor.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by sweetgala(m): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

Absence of the pride of life.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Bigchristo: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Ignorance is indeed not bliss! Submission in the bible is a curse God placed on marriage after the fall of man, in Genesis 3 vs 16. God does not want anyone of His own to live under the curse so are you saying that you choose the curse for your marriage?, undecided
You twisted it to make it suit your beliefs, since you intend to escape the scriptures I hope you will also escape childbearing? Smh Una too dey twist things lol πŸ˜‚

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Weretuntun: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
just marry a good moral girl,either educated or uneducated,the fact is the world has turned upside down,
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by AyakaDunukofia: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

Education increases guts, like in the courage to speak out. It could lower tolerance threshold. It does question established norms. These might not augur well in some marriages.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bigchristo:
β–  You twisted it to make it suit your beliefs, since you intend to escape the scriptures
β–  I hope you will also escape childbearing? Smh Una too dey twist things lol πŸ˜‚
Again, ignorance is not bliss. undecided

What do you mean by escaping scriptures? The passage clearly tells you that God cursed woman and hence marriage, along with child bearing. undecided

2. "Escape" childbearing? What is wrong with the educational system for crying out loud? Why is ability to reason critically still missing? undecided

By placing a curse on childbearing God literally ensures that all children born into this world are born under the curse. Even if a woman never has a child of her own, by virtue of being born through a woman, she exists under the curse placed on mankind by God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Jeyun: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Skyview01:

Nor vex bros.

I meant to say mothers have a lot of influence on their kids academically and if you marry an illiterate, they may not have anything to pass down to the kids.

not really, some mother's are not educated but are more upright morally than the educated ones and they bring their children up in that line too. No one has it all a morally literate child that can read and spell his name is far better than an educated lesbian, gay, drug addict doctor child in the society. Sorry for the strong tone at first πŸ™ I never met it
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by shineeye1: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Marriages of uneducated people are mostly founded on customs and traditions which run deep and stable whereas most marriages of the educated are founded on westernized civilization where liberties and freedom to misbehave is now the order..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by ddeola: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2023
I too know and I too sabi attitude sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
franchasofficia:
Iya take yourself weh don sabi every good and bad thing on earth as example, wetin again a man wan do to please you if not to turn to mumu for u? Now imagine when u come marry Oga sabinus like yourself, no be gbege be that? shocked cheesy
Sugar daddy I no sabi anything oooo
πŸ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.