Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? (18629 Views)

Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by pendragonbladgo(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ballotti:
The poor are those that have stopped BREEVIN’. wink

If you are alive, you are not poor.
Please sir, what is the meaning of breevin
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by pongwa(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
NVera:
Good day everyone.
With the unbelievable increments in almost everything in Nigeria, how does the poor survive?

Most people were complaining when petrol was #200plus, now it is #600plus.

A bag of rice can barely be purchased by the average family, some people are being paid peanuts as salaries, they are barely surviving.

With hope they keep believing things will be better, but the price of basic things keeps skyrocketing as if armed men are chasing them.

How do people earning #20,000, #30,000 per month survive? Some families with 3 to 4 kids, how will they survive?

The cost of daily transport alone is killing, do our leaders ever consider those living below par, how they survive?

The poor are getting poorer, everyone is complaining, people are frustrated, most people can barely see what to eat.

The poor among us, what should they do? Because with all this it's just like they are saying the poor should go and die.
I think it's the citizens that are the worst. Things are already hard yet you still want to capitalise on on an already rotten situation. House rents do not need to skyrocket because you think demand has surged. Government still has a lot to do I'm terms of enacting laws that regulates many professions. I mean the privileged citizens are making life hell for the poor ones yet they foolishly blame it on the government.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by flokii: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2023
I think about this too.. it's even those below average income families with up to 6 kids I feel sorry for.
As it is now, feeding 3 mouths is not easy, talk mote of 6-8 mouths. It is well.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2023
Slynation:
I share the same idea with you, because it's obvious the poor ain't doing anything to help themselves other than giving birth to children like rats like you rightly said, most times, I will be having pity on some poor people but yet, they are still giving birth to children...!! One common thing with life is planning...as a man or woman, you can manage yourself without kids involved, but once the kids starts coming, responsibilities keeps piling up, because before doing anything, you will have to consider the kids first... Nigerians needs to see reasons why they should minimized the amount of kids they breed, it's neither helping them nor the society at large.
Awareness that goes towards debunking the lies surrounding their need to breed like rats is one place to start at least. But with the government and many NGOs hyperfocused on anything but, I wonder when anyone will get to tackling this now major issue itself. undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by pendragonbladgo(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
This is the solution for the economic crises that may last the next 1year before stability.

If you are a single Man, pause marriage until 2years time - you won't die. After all, you are not living with a woman forever! Marriage it self is not everything about life, it is just a union to strengthen the society and to give way for a continuous generation.

If you are married, don't do a mistake to have more than one child, if you can not control your sexual activities with your wife, then just add another child to make it 2kids...
Even if you have a good job and properties, don't try to have more than one or two children.
If you are very comfortable, You can extend an helping hands, train someone Children in the society, Church or Islamic communities. Don't be greedy, if you train other people's Children, it is part of success in life too.

If you are single and jobless, as a lady - do hook up, and guys do Internet fraud.
But if you want to live a decent life and don't want to go into evil practices, please go get a land to lend in a village that don't have a road, clear it and farm.
Sell your phones and cloth and farm!!! Forget your ephisy or egho. Farm and in 2years time, you can raise money and food and buy anything you want. By then the country will be stable.

If you are married already and have stupidly littered everywhere with children that you can't feed or train in Nigeria University of today... yet very jobless
Find a way to raise 500,000, either from your church/islamic Hummar or friends or family members, then move your wife that can not close her legs and your innocent Children to a village that have no network (remember, no network area) and go fully into farming.
Forget any other thing in life, engage your 3children + into full time farming and raere livestock.
In 2years, your children can go back to school! But remember - don't bring any other child to the world again. Control your stupid dick from your wives pit so that you won't bring innocent children to this world again.

<<<<Times are Hard>>>>

This is my Advice, take it or go for sucide which will help our current population and economy because the population is just to much, people give birth to children more than positive production and quest for apax education research, so sucide will help the Nation to reduce population from the over stressed burdget
We encourage sucide for the foolish once who need a shortcut to go and rest!
You can make use of snipers, rop, or drink acid. You can also jump from a high story building of 3 stories upward or go and jump into River Niger and River Benue or even Lagos lagoon.
The easiest way is, when you see a Dangote moving truck or trailer driven by Hausa man, just jump into it from, it will crush you - but trust me, Dangote company will pay your family or baby mama. So it is better to die that way. Please note, make sure is driven by Hausa, they don't fear anything. They won't even press break.

May God bless
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Happy Independence

....This is the only way for Nigeria to move forward. We must sacrifice with our blood.

AA. Toxic Advise

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by babajero(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
NVera:
Good day everyone.
With the unbelievable increments in almost everything in Nigeria, how does the poor survive?

Most people were complaining when petrol was #200plus, now it is #600plus.

A bag of rice can barely be purchased by the average family, some people are being paid peanuts as salaries, they are barely surviving.

With hope they keep believing things will be better, but the price of basic things keeps skyrocketing as if armed men are chasing them.

How do people earning #20,000, #30,000 per month survive? Some families with 3 to 4 kids, how will they survive?

The cost of daily transport alone is killing, do our leaders ever consider those living below par, how they survive?

The poor are getting poorer, everyone is complaining, people are frustrated, most people can barely see what to eat.

The poor among us, what should they do? Because with all this it's just like they are saying the poor should go and die.
Buhari and tinubu only used the poor to borrow and embezzle money.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
Xkonzult:
U had better stop this ,in your interest particularly desist from these defence u are always putting campaigns are over and dusted ,reality has set in place,hard working and even smart people are feeling d heat,things are not been done properly at all levels of governance
■ The citizens should not be reduced sub humans or left in d jungle were a wild predator come feasting on heards while d others are helpless a word is enough for d wise,let d people unite with a single voice Happy Independence
Reality is everyone has to feel the heat when change is to take place. That doesn't provide an excuse for the excessive levels of breeding this thread is about. undecided

2. I am afraid I do not follow at all. How does insisting that individuals breed less amount to having them reduced to subhuman? undecided

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
bull67:
you can imagine a poor man with two wives and 10 kids living in a room and parlour! And you are expecting nigeria to change? It's either one to japa or stay and cut your coats to your size
NIgeria can change o. It is just a matter of sensitizing everyone to these problems. If for instance, rather than congratulate people when they have kids they cannot fend for we turn to shaming folks who do so, don't you think fewer people would think it sane to breed beyond one's capacity? These problems were created by society and they can be resolved too by society, only it requires reeducation of the average mind and that can happen. undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by madjune(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ You dey read at all? The changes are for the betterment of the country not just the section of the country that is poor. It is left to the poor to choose whether rise or die at this point. Nigeria cannot and should not keep lagging all for the sake of the poor. The poor need to step up. undecided

2. Well, if people continue to live as they did before now... multiplying like rats, and living foolishly--- of course suffering will remain their lot. However, if people decide to finally cut coats according to their size --- commonsense --- then their is hope. I am not against the poor but the country was not built only for them and the poor need to help themselves at this point. undecided

You sound so narrow minded and self centered at the same time.
I don't encourage indolence on the poor's part but, you failed to call out the government in its failing.

The state is a social contract entered into by the government and the governed.

The government owes the people in some measure(s)

That's why in developed countries, you will see the government and its people oriented programs aimed to serve as cushions or support system in dark times.

With all the Nigerian oil earnings through ages, can you ask yourself; what aid does it proffer to the poor?

In terms of education, Healthcare or small businesses?

Virtual none.

So, the poor should go and lift themselves out of poverty? With no support?

Can you find yourself deep in a gully, with no ladder and someone tells you to lift yourself out of its depth?

How would you feel in that scenario?

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
sulaak:
■Well said.
From 1960 to the present, Nigeria's population has jumped from 45 million to 218 million, yet the literacy level and productivity have decreased. Stop breeding like a rat.
Imagine! undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2023
Relixy2k:
People keep talking about the poor and I keep wondering is it the same Nigeria we are talking about? Like the rich is a huge chunk of the population and this depicted poor are just a fraction of the populace.
The poor make up about 70% of the population of Nigeria. They are the power in that democratic country only they don't even realize it since they are busy focusing on their individual survival while they allow the rich to use them come election time and what not. undecided

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
maasoap:
And you think govt abdicating its responsibilities isn't the way to go? No good roads, no water provision, corruption everywhere, no accces to mortgage, loan, health insurance. Subsidies is gone too! What exactly is the responsibility of the Nigeria government at the moment?
Stop trying to derail the thread abeg! undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by okorogodwin4(m): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Emilokan rice bandits flee dis thread
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by pendragonbladgo(m): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
Slynation:
I share the same idea with you, because it's obvious the poor ain't doing anything to help themselves other than giving birth to children like rats like you rightly said, most times, I will be having pity on some poor people but yet, they are still giving birth to children...!!

One common thing with life is planning...as a man or woman, you can manage yourself without kids involved, but once the kids starts coming, responsibilities keeps piling up, because before doing anything, you will have to consider the kids first...

Nigerians needs to see reasons why they should minimized the amount of kids they breed, it's neither helping them nor the society at large.
This is what am working on, sesitisation, begging people to reduce children to one or two. Look at the society, a girl of 13years is looking for man.

I have over 10mesaages from girls bellow 20years begging me for money.

Why is it this way, their parents can not provide for them.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Bigchristo: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The country has been trading national progress for the sake of the poor for decades now and what has been the response from the poor in that time? To breed and multiply like rats. The population of Nigeria is expected to Ballon to over about 370 million in the next 25 years if current trend continues. Before the removal of subsides , the situation was already bad for the poor. Do you think it is going to get better 25 years from now if no drastic changes are made to correct the many problems in the country now? undecided

2. The poor need to change. And adversity typically presents the best opportunity for the change needed. undecided
You’re not really honest with your write up, a country like Nigeria with so much natural resources should be able to subsidize more than what they’ve done for the poor, you failed to hint on the part that’s actually causing inflation, how on earth do you expect any country to survive with this kind of system that’s based on importation? Nigeria government should encourage more companies to go on domestic production of our goods and products we need to be an exporting country not importing goods abroad at expensive dollar exchange rates and high tariffs in clearing good at the border and port, that’s exactly what is killing the economy all goods in the market are affected by dollar exchange rates
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
cococandy:
This part I agree with. We can’t stand together and hold our leaders accountable as one united country because we just can’t overlook tribe and ethnicity.
However I’m not one for blaming the poor people. There’s literally nothing they can do to alleviate the situation as it is now. Maybe in the past I would have agreed on having less kids as the solution (yes even now having less kids is ideal) but we are way past that. single childless adults are feeling the heat too. This is on a different level.
Nothing of what is Nigeria today happened overnight. This here isn't a different level but just what was bound to happen given all the not-so-good and terrible decisions made up to this point by both individuals and the government. undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by labelle123(f): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
Let the poor breeeet
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kajaard: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
frozen70:

Funny as it is, no body will die out of hunger

The poor are already used to hard times and they already know how to survive this harsh condition because they are floating already since they don't have a standard

The rich suffers it more because they already have a standard and are finding it difficult to fall below standard because of class and position in the society

So in all, we must limit the number of children to two or three no matter our income

Then we can adjust in other things that bother on family

In my own case and for the past 10yrs now I and my hubby have cut down our expenses through combine cooperations

I have three children so I already prepared for it

For going to about two months now, I don't drive my car again to work but just to church

I don't go visiting people anyhow, we can chat or call unless when needed

I don't run Gen again at night, once we take dinner by 6/7pm, you are free to go to bed and if it must be on, just 1hr and you do whatever you need it for immediately

I regulates electricity at home because of prepaid meter and my husband makes sure we don't on unnecessary lights

I cook and store in the freezer to avoid going to the market all the time

I eat twice a day to save cost

I stopped watching tiktok because of wasting of my data

I un-installed candy crush because it sucks my data

Honestly, I have to cut down on so many things and still willing to cut down or more

With the above, I am not really feeling the harsh economy though because I have already cut down my cost of running my family during Jonathan's regime and am use to it before this shege Promax regime

The bottom line is that we must help ourselves

Best submission I have read so far.

frozen70 you think like me. Nice one.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Sheriman(m): 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
planetx:
What is someone earning #30k doing have 4 or 5 children
Dey dia dey play some have more than that and still living in a single room
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Iamzik: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The country has been trading national progress for the sake of the poor for decades now and what has been the response from the poor in that time? To breed and multiply like rats. The population of Nigeria is expected to Ballon to over about 370 million in the next 25 years if current trend continues. Before the removal of subsides , the situation was already bad for the poor. Do you think it is going to get better 25 years from now if no drastic changes are made to correct the many problems in the country now? undecided

2. The poor need to change. And adversity typically presents the best opportunity for the change needed. undecided

wait, so your bright idea of birth control is to increase cost of living to the extent that basic things become inaccessible to everyday people?
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
Tobest94:
only a fool
■ Will blame population for low development. We’re not even as many as other countries that are well developed. Standard of living is too low, and there’s no tangible growth or development done by the government. If there’s safety/security, do you know that sports when properly promoted by the government can give us millions of employment?
Look who's talking! undecided

2. You people actually still think Government is some magical pie-in-the-sky entity that magically makes everything OK, don't you? And this in 2023? Look around in those developed countries and you will find that even the standard of living was raised not raised, not by the Government — politicians— but by the people who demanded it be raised. undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Ballotti: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Please sir, what is the meaning of breevin

Ask that una USSSSSELESS, BALABLABLU PRESIDIOT.

Was he not the one forming one kain “IRAGBIJI-BOBO-CHICAGO-UK-EKO-ATLANTIC” accent when he chanted: “LET THE PWOOthat BREEVE”? cheesy
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Iamzik:
wait, so your bright idea of birth control is to increase cost of living to the extent that basic things become inaccessible to everyday people?
The problem with most of you is you come off as being emotionally retarded with your retorts. undecided

Am I the reason Nigeria is not able to fend for itself and has had to resort to desperate practices over the last 20 or so years? undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Bigchristo:
You’re not really honest with your write up, a country like Nigeria with so much natural resources should be able to subsidize more than what they’ve done for the poor, you failed to hint on the part that’s actually causing inflation, how on earth do you expect any country to survive with this kind of system that’s based on importation? Nigeria government should encourage more companies to go on domestic production of our goods and products we need to be an exporting country not importing goods abroad at expensive dollar exchange rates and high tariffs in clearing good at the border and port, that’s exactly what is killing the economy all goods in the market are affected by dollar exchange rates
Stop telling these fairy tales abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Stone03: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Cooking gas today is 12k for 12.5kg. it's even scarce, I pity those that converted their generator set to LNG.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by IbeOkehie: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
coputa:
unfortunately,the poor are in majority and have no one to fight for them.

The very rich are the numerical minority in EVERY country. This means that the poor control every democratic country. They tend to vote for socialist, progressive parties. That is how the poor fight for themselves, with their votes. Unfortunately they tend to be ill-informed, ignorant and driven by base instinct

Socialist & progressive political parties tend to destroy economies and produce poverty. The poor voted for APC and this is the result.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
madjune:
■You sound so narrow minded and self centered at the same time. I don't encourage indolence on the poor's part but, you failed to call out the government in its failing. The state is a social contract entered into by the government and the governed. The government owes the people in some measure(s) ...
Why do all these responses seem so very disconnected from reality? undecided

When in the last 63 years has the Nigerian government ever not failed the people of Nigeria? The Government has almost always failed the people yet that didn't stop the people from breeding like rats and causing the population to balloon to over 215 million that it is today, a situation that is not sustainable given that in the same period of time Nigeria has spent a lot of its vast resources away while the people did other things. So why resort to blaming the government at this point when the Government has almost always been a cracked pot since its beginning? undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Iamzik: 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The problem with most of you is you come off as being emotionally retarded with your retorts. undecided

Am I the reason Nigeria is not able to fend for itself and has had to resort to desperate practices over the last 20 or so years? undecided

I asked a simple question but you had to wash your dirty linen on the internet and show how uncultured you are. Go on...
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
Iamzik:
I asked a simple question but you had to wash your dirty linen and show how uncultured you are. Go on...
Abeg get away! undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by IbeOkehie: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why do all these responses seem so very disconnected from reality? undecided

When in the last 63 years has the Nigerian government ever not failed the people of Nigeria? The Government has almost always failed the people yet that didn't stop the people from breeding like rats and causing the population to balloon to over 215 million that it is today. So why are you resorting to blaming the government at this point when the Government has almost always been a cracked pot since its beginning? undecided

A lot of these failed governments were DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED. Even the military governments were popular despite imposing very destructive policies. President Buhari remains one of the most popular Nigerian Presidents, he would have won again if he was the APC candidate, afterall President Tinubu was his partner in power.

Another popular President is Murtala Mohammed. That's the President that ordered the Federal Government take over of the University System in 1975. We all know how that has worked out in the long term. Murtala is still a hero for most Nigerians.

Kobojunkie:
Stop telling these fairy tales abeg! undecided

Don't mind them. Nigerians...especially the university graduates...are terribly unenlightened. 😔

Good Luck to Nigerians!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
This is part of the design, to promote helpless people. Love your neighbors, and do what is helpful to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
smiley
Apparently the foolishness is powerful

IbeOkehie:

A lot of these failed governments were DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED. Even the military governments were very popular despite imposing very destructive policies. President Buhari remains one of the most popular Nigerian Presidents, he would have won again if he was the APC candidate, afterall President Tinubu was his partner in power.

Another popular President is Murtala Mohammed. That's the President that ordered the Federal Government take over of the University System in 1975. We all know how that has worked out in the long term. But Murtala is still a hero for most Nigerians.

Don't mind them. Nigerians...especially the university graduates...are terribly unenlightened. 😔

Good Luck to Nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Appeal To All: Feminism / Advice To A Father / A Nairalander Needs Ur Help On A Yoruba Poem For His Mom's Birthday VERY URGENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.