Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,486 members, 7,958,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria (3617 Views)

Ndigbo Will Not Tolerate Further Marginalization In Nigeria – MASSOB / Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue / Okay, Since Everybody Is Crying "Marginalization" In Nigeria. . . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2011
[size=14pt]Yoruba decry exclusion from national leadership •Pan-Yoruba conference raises committee to meet Jonathan[/size]

Written by Olayinka Olukoya and Dare Adekanmbi
Friday, 07 October 2011

THE maiden edition of the Pan-Yoruba Conference, an umbrella body for all Yoruba-speaking people in the country, has condemned in strong terms what it called an insult to the integrity of the Yoruba nation, its systematic and deliberate isolation from national leadership, calling on President Goodluck Jonathan to address the grievances of the race quickly.

Contrary to a report in an evening newspaper based in Lagos that the conference flopped, the gathering was the most pre-eminent and well-attended meeting of the Yoruba people in recent times, with over 2,000 people, including about 70 prominent traditional rulers from all the states in the South-West, academics, notable political and religious leaders and others in attendance.

The conference also set up a committee to meet with the president and convey the displeasure of the Yoruba to him in the interest of justice, fairness and equity in the country.

Rising from the well-attended inaugural meeting in Ikenne-Remo, Ogun State home of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, on Thursday, the conference reaffirmed its total commitment to the continued existence of Nigeria as a democratic, united and indivisible entity.

It, however, stressed that the Yoruba people would no longer fold their arms and accept their marginalisation.

In a communiqué signed at the end of the meeting by the Yeye Oodua, Mama HID Awolowo and the Ooni  of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, the Yoruba said they believed their seeming neglect could only be addressed through the proper placement of ethnic groupings in the national scheme of things.

“The Conference discussed extensively the affairs of Nigeria, particularly as they relate to the socio-political existence of Nigeria within the Federal Republic of Nigeria. For example, it has been observed that it now appears that there is a definite move to isolate the Yoruba nation from national leadership.

“The Yoruba people can no longer continue to watch events in Nigeria with careless attitude, particularly when an insult to the integrity of the Yoruba nation is being systematically carried out. The time to address the situation is now.

“The Conference unanimously approves that a top delegation of the Yoruba people should meet with the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the plight of the Yoruba nation.

“The delegation is to draw the immediate attention of the president of Nigeria to these problems and urge him to use his good offices to put a stop to the injustice to which the Yoruba people have been exposed in the distribution of political offices in Nigeria,” the communiqué said.

The gathering also critically discussed the issue of the Boko Haram sect as well as the persistent crises in Jos, the Plateau State capital, and berated what it called attempt by some people to cause discord and disharmony within the Nigerian nation.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/29344-yoruba-decry-exclusion-from-national-leadership-pan-yoruba-conference-raises-committee-to-meet-jonathan
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2011
[size=14pt]Ooni, Hannah Awolowo urge unity among Yoruba leaders[/size]
FRIDAY, 07 OCTOBER 2011 00:00 FROM SEYE OLUMIDE, LAGOS AND CHARLES COFFIE-GYAMFI, GBENGA AKINFENWA, ABEOKUTA

YORUBA leaders, including Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade and Chief HID Awolowo have called on their kinsmen to sheathe their swords, unite and work together for peaceful co-existence and social economic development of the Yoruba nation.

They spoke yesterday in Ikenne, Ogun State at the maiden Pan-Yoruba national conference organised by the Yoruba Unity Forum.

At the event, Oba Sijuade said there was need for unity among Yoruba leaders for the good of the entire Yoruba nation. He appealed to Yoruba leaders, both at home and in Diaspora, politicians and non- politicians to come together as children of the same father because there is urgent need for unity in order for the Yoruba nation to come out of what he called its present messy situation.

The monarch, who addressed the gathering in local language, stated that the period was not the best time to apportion blame but there was an urgent need for the leaders to forgive themselves in order to move the Yoruba nation to an enviable height.

Oba Sijuade commended two Afenifere leaders, Sir Ajadi Lanihun and Chief Ayo Adebanjo for brokering peace among the warring traditional rulers in Yoruba land.

He also pleaded with the Yoruba particularly those that did not attend the conference not to see it as a political gathering or having any political undertone, saying, “it is simply a forum to identify the challenges of the race and find necessary solution.”

The patriarch of the Awolowo dynasty, Chief HID Awolowo said the summit was not organised to spite anybody or group nor did it has any political motives, noting that “it is mainly aimed to bring the Yoruba race together under one umbrella of love, unity and coherence.”

Mrs. Awolowo, who said a situation where Yoruba people were being relegated to the background was not acceptable, called for unity of purpose among the leaders, stating that leaders, irrespective of their political affiliations, should forget their differences and move Yoruba nation forward.

But the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) governors were conspicuously absent from the gathering. Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State was represented by his deputy. The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, Oba of Lagos Rilwanu Akinolu, Awujale of Ijebu Ode Sikiru Adetona and Alake of Egba were among first class traditional rulers who were absent at the event.

Former Governor of Ogun, Gbenga Daniel also came in briefly and left before the conference started while former governors of Oyo and Osun states Adebayo Alao-Akala and Olagunsoye Oyinlola were represented.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63524:ooni-hannah-awolowo-urge-unity-among-yoruba-leaders&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
So the whole Yoruba nation is marginalized because a few greedy politicians are screaming blue murder at being excluded from juicy contracts?

Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by 4tune1(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
They didn't invite OBJ or is he not a yoruba man again? Don't worry by December 2014 when they will need ur vote the marginalization will stop.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
kodewrita:

So the whole Yoruba nation is marginalized because a few greedy politicians are screaming blue murder at being excluded from juicy contracts?

My thoughts exactly. Awon agbaya oniranu, mtchew!!!
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2011
I thought ankala and daniel both are in EFCC custody? so after stealing from their people they still want to milk them more embarassed greed and corruption.The state they probably govern i bet you there is nothing to show,
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aljharem3: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
Na wa o

Marginalization cry from every sector of the country

How does Ooni and co = Yoruba marginalization ?
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by PointB: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
After collaborating with their northern overlords, even in killing their own son in prison, these treacherous lots are coming to cry more than the bereaved. How do we console them? Or do simply greet them in the now favorite cliche - GOOD MORNING!
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by jason123: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2011
PointB:

After collaborating with their northern overlords, even in killing their own son in prison, these treacherous lots are coming to cry more than the bereaved. How do we console them? Or do simply greet them in the now favorite cliche - GOOD MORNING!

You are daft. Say, "yes sir!"
You are senseless. Say, "yes sir!"
You are an unrepentant tribalist Ezeuche. Say, "yes sir!"

You need to leave college and grow up!
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by mbatuku1: 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2011
lol.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2011
Una no go kill person for dis nairaland. See Provocation!! shocked Jason, cool temper. grin grin
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
hehe! cheesy grin
Marginalization ko, Maggi cube ni. undecided
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2011
lol @ HID boys. Useless people, last time I checked Yoruba people picked their leaders during the last election and they def are not these greedy bastards crying all over the place.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
With the present set up of the Nigerian system, it is foolhardy not to have a voice at the centre. GEJ has fought hard to rectify the dangerous situation, but things are the way they are.
This is just the first year of being outside the Nigerian system and it already looks dire, because there will be loud discussions from any marginalised section, but zero traction; its powerlessness and powerlessness always becomes increasingly dangerous. The current situation is only bound to intensify when Tinubu's long stretched out, multiple trials begin in earnest.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by abadaba(m): 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ HID boys. Useless people, last time I checked Yoruba people picked their leaders during the last election and they def are not these greedy bastards crying all over the place.
Well done sir, I enjoy your posts lately. What a useless bunch of people. Shame to them.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
abadaba:

Well done sir, I enjoy your posts lately. What a useless bunch of people. Shame to them.

u better stop posting crap on things u know nothing about
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by abadaba(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
alj_harem:

u better stop posting crap on things u know nothing about
Alh, why do you always attack me because I come from the Eas?t. For once I and Eko Ile agreed on one thing yet you are not happy. Do you want me to disagree with him all the time. Anyway, take it or leave it, Eko Ile is right to call them useless people.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
abadaba:

Alh, why do you always attack me because I come from the Eas?t. For once I and Eko Ile agreed on one thing yet you are not happy. Do you want me to disagree with him all the time. Anyway, take it or leave it, Eko Ile is right to call them useless people.

Can they call any eastern Leader that without south-east and others pointing at the west ?

Yes they are useless people but the way you are going around posting on all the yoruba leader meeting is annoying because you would not accept the same if it was the other way around.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by PointB: 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^^
so it's alright for you and eko ile to call them useless, but other posters are not permitted. Where for these dual standard?
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by abadaba(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2011
alj_harem:

Can they call any eastern Leader that without south-east and others pointing at the west ?

Yes they are useless people but the way you are going around posting on all the yoruba leader meeting is annoying because you would not accept the same if it was the other way around.

Whatever the case am happy you agreed that they are useless.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2011
HIV awolowo and others are impostors so do not represent yorubas ! Awon mama were ati baba were.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aljharem3: 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2011
PointB:

^^^
so it's alright for you and eko ile to call them useless, but other posters are not permitted. Where for these dual standard?

So can we call Eastern Leaders names even though they are bad without insults left and right.

To itch is own. Do what you like others to do onto you, is that not Christianity teaches you ?

You can not call other people leaders useless and protect your own even if they are worse than the Hitler himself.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by musiwa48: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
May God have mercy on you, if you doubt if we can not remove David mark or Jonathan Goodluck let any of them dare us. I tell you, they will be gone in less than 1 week in impeachment.       If Jonathan Goodluck or david mark still want to remain senate president, he better listen and listen careful. It is either they remove edo,delta and Yoruba or either Jonathan Goodluck or David mark have to step down from his office or they face impeachment.
jonathan only have 4 ijaw senator, david mark have 1 idoma senate, himself, we may have to sacrifice the two of them to the God`s if they refuse to correct it
This is not a joke. and Jonathan Goodluck will tell you, we can.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by PointB: 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
@Jason, it's not my fault that butterfly thinks itself a bird. The 'Illustrious' tribe you wish you were born to give not hoot about your kind. Forever will a butterfly look in awe at a bird. So yearning not matter how loud and agitated it might be will not transform it into a bird. A butterfly it remains till death. GOOD MORNING my very confused friend, Jason!

And yer sir, I am a daft and Ezeuche. Will that turn a wannabbe to the real deal? Or make u sleep better at night? Or will it just help you wallow further in your ignorance, self-denial, and pathetic yearnings? GOOD MORNING AGAIN I SAY TO YOU!
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by musiwa48: 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2011
the hausaéfulani will vote the way the way we tell them to vote on impeachment. of Jonathan Goodluck or David mark. the two of them think we are silly  that they are smarter than us.

The truth is we have to sacrifice Jonathan Goodluck or David mark position.  they should not worry about the hausaéfulani when it come to this issue.
gbogbo eniyan oke oyan owo mi lo wa, mo mo wa
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by musiwa48: 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
Tinubu was the one who deprive the Yoruba race of the presidency in 2011.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by PointB: 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^^
i would concentrate on map and satellite pictures if i were you. You stand a better chance of getting edo, delta, and sw out of Nigeria than removing GEJ and David Mark. Clown!
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

HIV awolowo and others are impostors so do not represent yorubas ! Awon mama were ati baba were.

Those are unkind words to anybody, how much less a nonagenarian. You need to ask God for forgiveness and clean those messages before sango fires you for disrespecting a very old woman.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aljharem3: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2011
PointB:

@Jason, it's not my fault that butterfly thinks itself a bird. The 'Illustrious' tribe you wish you were born to give not hoot about your kind. Forever will a butterfly look in awe at a  bird. So yearning not matter how loud and agitated it might be will not transform it into a bird. A butterfly it remains till death. GOOD MORNING my very confused friend, Jason!

And yer sir, I am a daft and Ezeuche. Will that turn a wannabbe to the real deal? Or make u sleep better at night? Or will it just help you wallow further in your ignorance, self-denial, and pathetic yearnings? GOOD MORNING AGAIN I SAY TO YOU!

How can you say such, How ??

Why do Igbos HATE YORUBAS SO SO MUCH I KEEP ASKING MYSELF

If jason reply's you on this, then , ,,.,.
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by PointB: 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^^^
Is Jason Yor.ba, and you know for sure i am igbo? Or is it that u just want to turn this thread to a tribal spat to suit your preference? Eh, Mr chameLeon?
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Those are unkind words to anybody, how much less a nonagenarian. You need to ask God for forgiveness and clean those messages before sango fires you for disrespecting a very old woman.
Just tell them to stop dragging the whole of yoruba into their marginalization madness or better still,cure their senility !
Re: Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria by aljharem3: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2011
PointB:

^^^^
Is Jason Yor.ba, and you know for sure i am igbo? Or is it that u just want to turn this thread to a tribal spat to suit your preference? Eh, Mr chameLeon?

ahhh shut it

I did not refer to jason as yoruba but your post

READ WHAT YOU WROTE

PointB:

@Jason, it's not my fault that butterfly thinks itself a bird. The 'Illustrious' tribe you wish you were born to give[b] not hoot about your kind.[/b] Forever will a butterfly look in awe at a bird. So yearning not matter how loud and agitated it might be will not transform it into a bird. A butterfly it remains till death. GOOD MORNING my very confused friend, Jason!

What do you mean they do not give a hoot about them

so did the igbos help in itsekiri in delta state ? was it not the OPC

so you made it tribal from the start and stop acting stu.pid with ur stu.pid analogy of butterfly and birds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? / Jonathan’s Government Exposed:real Cost Of Fuel (without Subsidy) In Nigeria / Why Do We Still Have The Arabic Inscription On Our Higher Currency Notes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.