Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Entitlement Mentality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Entitlement Mentality (1371 Views)

When you come across any Lady With the Entitlement Mentality, tell her this. / Dear Guys, Please avoid ladies with the Entitlement Mentality. / Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entitlement Mentality by Coolis: 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
I have been reading about entitlement mentality by ladies but I have not given it a thought. I really didn't know there are ladies that actually believes men owe them anything.
I started seeing a lady recently in my neighborhood, over two weeks now. I have been the only one doing the calling and sending the text messages so as to show I care about her. It didn't bother me that she never called me or replied any of my messages since the l'm just getting to know her and also, the friendship is still very fresh.
Here is the issue. I got home last Friday night, as usual, I called to check up on her and to know how her day went. She said she was at a lab trying to run typhoid/malaria test, that she was not feeling too well. I told her to let me know when she got to her place so I could come see how she was feeling. She said she didn't have airtime that I could call about an hour later.
An hour later, I was at her gate, called and she said she was strolling down from the highway to her place. The journey from the highway to her place is a bit far, hence l assumed she didn't have money to engage one of the okada riders.
On Saturday morning, I went to her place and gave her the 2500 I had with me, to assist her in going for the injections. she said she was asked to come for. She said the people at the lab ask her to come for three injections between Friday and Saturday.
I deliberately didn't call or gets in touch since I gave her the money since last Saturday morning to see how or what she would do. Up till now, I have not heard anything from her, no any kind of calls from her, no beep or actual call, no message to say thank you. Not that I'm saying what I gave her was huge but, I'm of the opinion that she should have at least show a little appreciation to show she's serious about me and our friendship. I couldn't stop thinking since last Friday, did l owe her any money before then? Even if l owed her, a debtor that came to your place to pay what he's owing deserves to be shown a bit of appreciation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entitlement Mentality by talented321: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
The girl don't have your time'' you are the one just forcing yourself on her..
Op let me tell something'' if u see girl wey want to date/marry u ehn'' u sef go confirm m, he just belike say na god send her directly to u'' u urself go dey wonder sometimes abi she see another thing in me''
Don't force yourself on people, there are thousands of girls dying to have u'' beside life is too short for one woman to be playing with my emotions. Any girl that can't show sign of appreciation on transport fare u send to her should be observed well'' when dealing with her.
As he stand i no dey collect rubbish from any b*tch'' on top my own money' na you wan com form for me'' i not get patience reach that lenght

19 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Tunde835(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
Oga OP don't be a simp

5 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by MAIKON: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2023
Lol
You just do give away for her

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by brain54(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2023
This one’s entitlement mentality is still upcoming na…

If it was full blown she would have asked you for the hospital bills and every other running cost.

Your babe seems like the men are scum crew.

If I was you I will just count my loss and move on.

This one go just stress your life…

No love lost!

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Cladez(m): 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
The message is very clear... She no rate you at all..

I believe you know what to do next.

5 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
Stay away from dependant or poor women no matter how them fine reach

5 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Coolis: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2023
I know l don't have to be a simp. But then, can't someone be a bit nice sometimes? You are getting to know someone and they say they have a challenge and you can see that the challenge is obvious, isn't it a good thing to show some cares?

Tunde835:
Oga OP don't be a simp

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Coolis: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2023
Yeah, you are right, to have brought this to the online world clearly shows that l have counted my loss and moved on. But, one begin to wonder, what our generation is turning into. Growing up, my parents would said that, for every little act of kindness, we should show appreciation. That showing appreciation is like applying for more from the person showing the kindness. I wonder what some of the men of God are teaching their congregation, mind you the lady in question has been claiming to be some born again Christian

e author=brain54 post=124627416]This ons entitlement mentality is still upcoming na…

If it was full blown she would have asked you for the hospital bills and every other running cost.

Your babe seems like the men are scum crew.

If I was you I will just count my loss and move on.

This one go just stress your life…

No love lost![/quote]
Re: Entitlement Mentality by Coolis: 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
Yeah, I have done that already. But where is the moral upbringing by our parents. My father would said to my females siblings while we were growing up that they should never accept any kind of gift from any man that approached them for a relationship that they do not like or want to have anything to do with. Accepting gift from someone who made his intentions known and you know deep down that you got no feeling for, is another form of SCAM

uote author=Cladez post=124627723]The message is very clear... She no rate you at all..

I believe you know what to do next.[/quote]
Re: Entitlement Mentality by jegaxe(m): 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
Coolis:
I have been reading about entitlement mentality by ladies but I have not given it a thought. I really didn't know there are ladies that actually believes men owe them anything.
I started seeing a lady recently in my neighborhood, over two weeks now. I have been the only one doing the calling and sending the text messages so as to show I care about her. It didn't bother me that she never called me or replied any of my messages since the l'm just getting to know her and also, the friendship is still very fresh.
Here is the issue. I got home last Friday night, as usual, I called to check up on her and to know how her day went. She said she was at a lab trying to run typhoid/malaria test, that she was not feeling too well. I told her to let me know when she got to her place so I could come see how she was feeling. She said she didn't have airtime that I could call about an hour later.
An hour later, I was at her gate, called and she said she was strolling down from the highway to her place. The journey from the highway to her place is a bit far, hence l assumed she didn't have money to engage one of the okada riders.
On Saturday morning, I went to her place and gave her the 2500 I had with me, to assist her in going for the injections. she said she was asked to come for. She said the people at the lab ask her to come for three injections between Friday and Saturday.
I deliberately didn't call or gets in touch since I gave her the money since last Saturday morning to see how or what she would do. Up till now, I have not heard anything from her, no any kind of calls from her, no beep or actual call, no message to say thank you. Not that I'm saying what I gave her was huge but, I'm of the opinion that she should have at least show a little appreciation to show she's serious about me and our friendship. I couldn't stop thinking since last Friday, did l owe her any money before then? Even if l owed her, a debtor that came to your place to pay what he's owing deserves to be shown a bit of appreciation.
she doesn't like u. Move on bro
Re: Entitlement Mentality by shege45: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2023
Coolis:
what is the entitlement mentality here? So na the 2500 make you write this one?

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by advanceDNA: 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
Coolis:
I know l don't have to be a simp. But then, can't someone be a bit nice sometimes? You are getting to know someone and they say they have a challenge and you can see that the challenge is obvious, isn't it a good thing to show some cares?

Dude ....she's not into you...it was obvious even before u gave her money.... the 2500 was small to her and perhaps not worth saying thank you.....
B4 u start spending money on a woman...try and see signs she genuinely likes u...

.. spending wont make a woman like u...it will only open u to more exploitation...and they will later tell u they ddnt force u to give them

6 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Proserpina: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Proserpina: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2023
Re: Entitlement Mentality by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
As u ask am 4 friendship, she dy see am like say na ur duty to dy pay her bills and to be taking care of her.

To her u ain't doing anything special. In her mind she will be comparing u to mayb her other friends boyfriends that are giving them more.

Just count your loss and move on cox it seems that the girl ain't into u,she's only there for what she can gain from u

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by austine4real(m): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
grin grin

U are just forcing yasef on the lady

Communication should be mutual

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Nazgul: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
The thing is most girls these days wouldn't rate you or take you serious if you don't look rich in their eyes.

Once you don't have a car or use an expensive iPhone, even if you have a good job, they'll start giving you the cold treatment regardless of how broke they are.

I'll advice that you let her be, see that 2,500 as your contribution to humanity.

3 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Coolis: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
austine4real:
grin grin

U are just forcing yasef on the lady

Communication should be mutual

Lol, l no dey force myself on anybody again. I used the 2500 to test how deep the water is, l'm out already. To be honest, I didn't feel bad because she's not into me. Showing a bit of appreciation after accepting a gift from someone, doesn't mean you must have something serious with them. If She didn't accept the gift, it would have been cleared she didn't want to have anything to do with me but after accepting willingly, the least I expected was a little thank you. I would have done more for her even if nothing work out between us.
Re: Entitlement Mentality by Coolis: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nazgul:
The thing is most girls these days wouldn't rate you or take you serious if you don't look rich in their eyes.

Once you don't have a car or use an expensive iPhone, even if you have a good job, they'll start giving you the cold treatment regardless of how broke they are.

I'll advice that you let her be, see that 2,500 as your contribution to humanity.

Yeah, I have done that already. But showing a bit of appreciation after accepting a gift willingly from someone can even open door for bigger one. To me, it was a show of lack of character on her part. We must not have something serious going on before one is appreciated for a little sacrifice made.
Re: Entitlement Mentality by stacyadams: 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
grin grin mosdii said...

Nigerian girls are useless,,all of them grin

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Coolis: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
Proserpina:
You either need to get a dictionary or use google to fully understand what "entitlement mentality" really mean. What I read up there is you forcing yourself in a space where you aren't wanted. Wake up and smell the coffee, in this case the problem isn't "Nigerian ladies" but YOU.

Do you know that each time I called her out before l gave her the little token last Saturday, she always obliged. We were seeing and chatting, she even invited me to their church program which I attended in order to see her last Thursday. While the program was going on, she came to where I was sitting at the back to greet me and to thank me for coming. I can assure you that if I call her out again and pretend as though nothing happened, she will still come out. I know why I used the word entitlement please
Re: Entitlement Mentality by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
You've been the one calling and texting her without her reciprocating, yet somehow you thought sending her money would make her start showing interest in you? How? She showed you from the get-go that she no send you, so you should've kept it moving. She didn't even deem you worthy of deserving a "thank you" phone call or text after you sent her money. If you like, empty your bank account for her while she continues to ignore you. Na your wahala be that.

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Proserpina: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by advanceDNA: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2023
stacyadams:
grin grin mosdii said...

Nigerian girls are useless,,all of them grin

Where is mosdii ??
Re: Entitlement Mentality by Nazgul: 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
Coolis:
Yeah, I have done that already. But showing a bit of appreciation after accepting a gift willingly from someone can even open door for bigger one. To me, it was a show of lack of character on her part. We must not have something serious going on before one is appreciated for a little sacrifice made.
Dating to the average broke girl is more like a poverty alleviation program.

No matter how much you claim to love them, if you're not bring money constantly, they wouldn't even blink an eyelid towards you.

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Raalsalghul: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
advanceDNA:

Dude ....she's not into you...it was obvious even before u gave her money.... the 2500 was small to her and perhaps not worth saying thank you.....
B4 u start spending money on a woman...try and see signs she genuinely likes u...

.. spending wont make a woman like u...it will only open u to more exploitation...and they will later tell u they ddnt force u to give them

The bolded is one single basic fact a lot Nigerian men fail to understand.

You see a woman you're interested in and you start throwing money at her without checking if the feeling is mutual?

Beats me!

Ndi providers taking that title so literal. grin

2 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Proserpina: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
When understand the mindset of a lady you will know how best to handle their affairs.

Ghost mode and become unpredictable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Raalsalghul: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
Coolis:

Do you know that each time I called her out before l gave her the little token last Saturday, she always obliged. We were seeing and chatting, she even invited me to their church program which I attended in order to see her last Thursday. While the program was going on, she came to where I was sitting at the back to greet me and to thank me for coming. I can assure you that if I call her out again and pretend as though nothing happened, she will still come out. I know why I used the word entitlement please

Bro chop this L with grace and move on.

I know say the thing dey pain, but hopefully you learn a lesson from it and become better because e be like say the way you dey talk so na a tenth of your life savings you spend on top on her head. grin

One rule of thumb you must learn with women is "be stingy" (guard your resources with your life) or even if you must spend, it must be infinitesimal (a negligible fraction of your income). That way even if she is not interested, you can easily move on.

The floodgates of your pockets should only be opened when you're sure beyond doubt that she is willing to walk on fire for you.

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality by Karleb(m): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
To know you are not crazy, send the same money to a guy and see how he will appreciate.

Forget the babe, she no send you.
Re: Entitlement Mentality by talented321: 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2023
Your father must be a great man'' this particular advice'' do not accept anything gift or money from any man unless u like him'' it has been long i heard this word from parents''
Things have really changed from 2000 to 2023.
Coolis:

Lol, l no dey force myself on anybody again. I used the 2500 to test how deep the water is, l'm out already. To be honest, I didn't feel bad because she's not into me. Showing a bit of appreciation after accepting a gift from someone, doesn't mean you must have something serious with them. If She didn't accept the gift, it would have been cleared she didn't want to have anything to do with me but after accepting willingly, the least I expected was a little thank you. I would have done more for her even if nothing work out between us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Seen Or Witnessed Juju Fail Someone Live / What Kind Of Person Are You Intimidated By, Afraid To Date? / What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.