Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) (34205 Views)

When you come across any Lady With the Entitlement Mentality, tell her this. / Dear Guys, Please avoid ladies with the Entitlement Mentality. / Why Good Girls Remain Single?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by sauta(m): 1:56am On Jan 06, 2019
Bad Girls getting Married every Saturday. Why?
[img]http://2.bp..com/-fkTJ2asBMAw/XDFQWOsmQAI/AAAAAAAAGYA/89-Jwdt3LSo4GPlb9y9n8w7AWo3h2VWVgCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/Capture.JPG[/img]

I woke up one morning disturbed at heart as I thought deeply on the subject “Why Good Girls Remain Single.” These are ladies that have spent their lives shunning the wayward lifestyle. They are the morally justified set of girls who have dedicated their lives to God and have decided to walk in His ways. These sets of girls are popularly called the “churchy” girls.

All through the week I kept reading posts on different social media platforms where writers kept encouraging ladies to wait for their men. And they kept teaching them what to do while they waited. “Mr Right is on his way.” They said. The question that kept running through my mind and I believe the same was the case in the minds of some of these ladies was “When is he going to come?” There are ladies that heard the “Mr Right is on the way” story when they were 27 years old, now they are 33 and he hasn’t arrived yet. So when is he going to finally arrive? When they’ve clocked 40? After so much thought on the matter, I decided to talk to a few people to get their opinions on what they thought were the reasons why ‘good’ girls remained single while ‘bad’ girls got married Saturday after Saturday. I gathered a few things which I would be sharing with you in the succeeding pages

An Entitlement Mentality

Some good girls think life or the world owes them something for being good. Just because they "kept" themselves, they sometimes think it is an automatic ticket to finding a good man.

In his book, Why Bad Things Happen to Good People, Mute Efe gave a perfect illustration which he called “The Classic Good-Girl-Bad-Girl.”

“Miss X is a bad girl. Bad as in the whole nine yards. While in school she was the typical “runs girl”. A new boyfriend every semester, clubbing every weekend, and using what she has to get her grades. In the process she had a few abortions. Miss Y on the other hand was a good girl. You can predict her movement – class, fellowship, market, and hostel. She had no time for boys. That was not what she came to school to do. She was a virgin. A year after graduation Miss X, the bad girl, got married. It’s been 10 years now. Miss Y, the good girl, is in her mid-thirties, not married and still a virgin. What happened? The most common response you get to the good-girl bad-girl case I just shared is, “life is not fair.”

Now let’s go to the theatre and place both ladies under the knife. While Miss X was the bad girl, in the process she got to know men and what men want. She understood what respect means to a man. She understood that men are attracted to beautiful things and how men love sex. From the number of guys that dumped her and married other ladies she got to understand what a man is looking for when he is looking for a wife. She got books on relationship to 'up her game' so she could get into the minds of guys. So immediately after graduating she decided to get serious and the next guy she dated proposed to her. Miss Y never knew all that. She believed prayer was the key. She fasted and went for vigils. She made positive confessions daily. She was speaking her husband into being. And there is nothing wrong with all these. But she dressed like she was in the 70’s. she never read a single book on relationship. And knew nothing about what men want.

Question: In the light of the above do you think life was unfair to the good girl in her still being single ten years after school even though she is a virgin? I don’t think so. Husband is not a reward for virginity.”

Mute Efe was not in any way encouraging a wayward life. Neither was he against virginity. His point is simple. “That you are a good girl or a good guy does not absolve you from the consequences of not knowing how relationships work.”

For every area of life, there are principles that govern it. Life will not excuse you for violating any of them because you are a good girl or a good guy. The sun shines on both the righteous and the unrighteous. The rain also falls on both the good and the bad. The same principle applies to everyone – good or bad. It is good to be good but being good is not the only condition to get a man.

An excerpt from NELSON ASUEN book Why Good Girls Remain Single. To be continued

Source: http://www.afroparrot.com/2019/01/why-good-girls-remain-single-nelson.html

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by kay9(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2019
I think this one should be on the front page.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Lastpharoah33: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2019
Not trying to sound weird but hey, am pretty confused about this write up...

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by nuelzz04(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2019
So i partially agree with d op.. Some good girls don' marry... Some others have done best marriage... Some bad girls always have dis hearts broken by guys while others have gud marriages... So bro luck plays a huge part... Some pple choose to call it destiny but I say it's luck

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by lincsnuel: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2019
Oga you dey confuse me!

So what you're implying is that I should encourage my sis to become a bad girl in order to get married quick? Nay!

24 Likes

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Evercurious(f): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2019
lincsnuel:
Oga you dey confuse me!

So what you're implying is that I should encourage my sis to become a bad girl in order to get married quick? Nay!

No he is nt saying that...what he meant is this, the good girls shld learn to read as much books as possible about relationships since they don't, can't and won't live their lives as the 'bad' girls. All for the knowledge and i quite agree with him

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by derrydinny: 10:14am On Jan 06, 2019
Bad girls get married quicker because they have learnt how men psychology works while good girls can't even keep a relationship

It is not a must to be a bad girl, good girls should just learn from other people experiences and read books about relationship, not useless romance novels that always end well for women

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Agricaddict(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2019
Nowadays good girls have gone bad, they have realized that being good makes them lose that guy they crave, they then overdo it, they lose every ounce of their elasticity to the extent that naturally bad girls start wondering, I don't underestimate what a good girl may turn out to be in a blink of an eye

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 06, 2019
Booked
Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2019
Let me start by saying that all that glitters is not gold.@ Op,you tried but the issue here is neither being good nor bad.All that matters is exposure. Most ladies we termed good girls are not actually what they seems to be so also most of the ones we call bad girls are not actually what they seems.It is only when you get very close to a girl that you can actually deduce if she is good or bad.Men are the determinant factor as far as marriage is concerned.Whenever a man is ready for marriage,there are things he looks out in a girl.E.g. Understanding,exposure,intelligence, diligence and above all compatibility.like you said above,some of these ladies that we termed good girls are really not,in terms of character and behavioural aspects while some of the ones we termed bad have good characters/behaviours.As a lady,you can't lock yourself indoors all the time forming busy and all that without a social life and you expect a man to see you and marry you.You can't be looking haggard all the time and expect a man to marry you.Any lady can get married if she mixes up with other people socially and off course,know how to carry herself at all times.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by helinues: 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
Same as good guy.

80% of marriages are not what marriage really look like.

Whether a girl or guy, as long you are termed good, then you must also be decent. Finding both combination ( other half) of good and decent is 30% chance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by opalu: 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Uglymugg: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
Lol 100% bullshiit from top to bottom.

6 Likes

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by arabbunkum: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Bad girls getting married?

1 Like

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Emmy9ite(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
I get your point OP.

1 Like

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
I'm still searching for those good girls that are single ooo.....where are they? If you know of anyone let me know.

8 Likes

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
Lastpharoah33:
Not trying to sound weird but hey, am pretty confused about this write up...
He made sense. Actually, some lessons are best taught by experience.

5 Likes

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
Whoever told you this big fat lie that "good girls" remain single?

If you believe this, then you are fit to be sold into slavery.

Go to churches and see how "sistas" are getting married in droves.

Muslim brothas too are seriously hunting those faithful hijabis.

21 Likes

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Paxie55: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
grin grin
Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by jericco1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
Evercurious:

No he is nt saying that...what he meant is this, the good girls shld learn to read as much books as possible about relationships since they don't, can't and won't live their lives as the 'bad' girls. All for the knowledge and i quite agree with him

hope you are not married
Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Yonce(f): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
There are no good girls. Only bad girls who haven't been caught.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
chisco82:
I'm still searching for those good girls that are single ooo.....where are they? If you know of anyone let me know.

I jus dey wonder oooooo.

Even bad guys dey market dey find good girls.

Na good guys enta one-chance!

3 Likes

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Paparazyjay(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
True

1 Like

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by LordKO(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
First to marry vs marry well. . . Go figure out. It's not the early morning bird that catches the day. Besides, there's nothing good about a girl with entitlement mentality in any guise, because greed (for anything) breeds entitlement mentality.

Good girls have got no reason to regret being good - whether they marry early or late. They should remain steadfast and strive to marry well. Being good (or goodness) isn't synonymous to myopia or foolishness as the article connoted.

Being a good girl remains the only condition to genuinely get a good man who has achieved self-realization.

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by davillian(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
The bad guys takes longer time to settle down and they prefer settling down with (innocent,decent,Godly ,pretty ,young) good girls.

The bad girls knows how to hunt and catch a man and the good (decent,innocent,calm)guys are easy prey for them.
The bad girls know the bad boys only use them for fun, so when they realise that the bad boys won't marry them.
They begin to hunt decent boys to marry.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Botfuss: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
There are lot of bad girls who are not married too. No dey push these girls.

I’ve noticed all these oloshos eventually marry omo mummy boys wey no tear eye for school and can’t differentiate a good p**y from a smelly one. The oloshos simply give them a good adventure and they mumuly propose because it’s nothing they’ve experienced before. When they eventually see the truth by fking one or two of their staffs at work and see the beauty of a tight p**y,they will now say marriage is having problem. Yen yen yen

What am I saying?guy man fk enough pssy before u marry so u won’t keep digging borehole for the rest of your life.

Dear good girl,keep being good. Even though I don’t know your qualification of being good?my friend once bursted a babe and in 6 months she knocked over 7 boys...

I’d say being good for a girl is not having more than two body counts before marriage. Even at that,all these girls that lived couples life in school had only one boyfriend yeah?but fcked everyday for 4 years...that is- they also have well dug bore hole ...chai this life....these girls.

Ok sha..sha have a good pssy...don’t smell down there..if your bf doesn’t like giving you head..that’s a subtle message,just go to the hospital.

Ok...I have to confess I’m bored �

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by sulakishop(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
Issorrait
Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by QuickStandard: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
cool

OP, you're very apt, but like someone rightly said above, it goes both ways.

There are bad girls that are getting married in droves every week. Also there are good girls getting married in their thousands every week.

In all, it all boils down to a bit of luck.

That not withstanding, there are different things every guy looks for in a lady when he plans settling down.

What you term as your good girl, might be what another guy terms as a bad girl. And vice versa

At the end you realize that what rocks Mr A's boat might not be what rocks Mr B's boat.

In all I think every lady should learn the rudiments of what an average guy looks for in a girl, that leads to marriage.

My 2 cents.

5 Likes

Re: Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

I jus dey wonder oooooo.

Even bad guys dey market dey find good girls.

Na good guys enta one-chance!
Lol! No be small thing oo, but i hope u no dey refer to me as bad guy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Sleeping With My Boss In The Office / Touch Her Here And Turn Her On; Women’s Top 5 Erogenous Zones / Kano Hisbah Declares ‘facebook Couple’ Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.