Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (422983 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
She is still a minor; therefore, she does not need a separate study permit application since she will be accompanying you.
danowena:

She is 13 years old . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lady25(f): 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

When it comes to showing proof of employment, a pay slip is commonly used to demonstrate consistent income. However, if you don't have pay slips, a statement of account can be a valid alternative. It can show regular deposits from your employer, indicating your employment status. The number of months required is a minimum of 4 months. Hope that helps! 😊📊

It will end in praise
A big thank you for your help so far
1. We have a change in plans. My hubby and I would apply at once. But we have two kids that will be staying back with their grandparents here in Nigeria. What documents would we need to this effect? Hope it will be a good tie ?
2. We have a business that has been running since 2017, and it's registered with cac. It is also our source of income. Will this be enough ?
3. Is it a must to have a landed property?. Im asking because most people that got PPR have landed property. The two landed properties we have don't have much value. And the only documents we have to show is an agreement.
4. Does printing a bank statement of 4months reduce our chance ? The normal bank statement should be 6 months right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
It's essential to address this oversight in any future applications. Providing a clear and comprehensive explanation for significant financial transactions is crucial to the visa application process. Clearly state the source of these funds, the purpose of the payments, and how they relate to your ability to cover your study and living expenses in the host country.
emmmillenium:
Dear Great people,

I need advice

I applied for Study Permit last year June and I was denied. Reason: Unexplained funds

Here is my story, I have a friend abroad who was building a house in Nigeria. He wanted to send money for the building and I volunteered to settle the contractor and vendors from my naira acct while my friend refunded me with dollar equivalent. He agreed to use official rate during buhari time (435/$) just because of friendship. I funded the building project with naira btw 2021 to 2002 but I forgot to put any narration that may reflect I actually borrowed someone.

Secondly, I sent the money to different acct of people working on the house (like bricklayer, carpenter etc) and not to my friend acct as he doesn't have nigerian acct.

Thirdly, I didn't save d transaction receipt as I didn't know I will need to explain anything when I apply for canada study permit.

My friend refunded me back in dollars last year 2023 by sending 5k usd every month through sendwave.

I didn't explain the 5k usd monthly payment in my dollar acct when I applied for study permit last year and I was refused.

I want to reapply but I don't know how I can explain this convincing. I have the pix of the house at each level of development, the sendwave transaction detail that shows the money comes from my friend, the house document but I can not find evidence that I borrowed him money as they was no written agreement that stated how much I borrowed him for the building project.

Expert pls, kindly help me with the best way I can explain this situation convincingly

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2023
Having a valid 10-year visitor visa to Canada doesn't automatically impact your ability to apply for a study permit. However, it's crucial to understand that a visitor visa allows you to enter Canada for temporary visits as a tourist, family visitor, or business purposes. You can apply for a study permit whether you are inside or outside of Canada. If you are currently in Canada as a visitor, you may apply for a study permit from within the country. Alternatively, you can apply from your home country. More importantly, ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements for a study permit. Both schools are good, but you need to weigh your options in terms of the tuition fee and the program they offer in your area of interest.
barbie05:
Good afternoon House,
Please i need an advise, i have to choose between sheridan college CCTT & canadore college pls which is a better option.
Also, i have almost 10yrs visiting visa, i want to know if a student visa cancels the visiting visa. can i go in and out of canada during the academic year.
lastly please, is it better to apply from here or in canada since i already have a visiting visa.

Thank you as i look forward to your responses.

Best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Onethe: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hi everyone, please do anyone know if I can apply for renewal of passport even though the current one still has 2 years validity?
I want to apply to get more validity years cos of my pgwp application I will be putting in soon.

Thank you in advance for your responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Samade7: 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
StanOyiga72:

Hi Samade, please when did you submit your passport??

Dec 1st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
CaptaiinG:
NO

Thank you but I called their customer care and was told it takes 2 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ammy5565(f): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Download Acrobat Reader DC in order to gain access to the forms. Remember, do not print or sign any of the forms.

It will end in praise

Please what exactly do you mean here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2023
It's Passport Request guys..

Upfront Medicals - Oct 3, 2023
Visa Application submission - Oct 20, 2023
Biometrics - Oct 26, 2023
PPR - Dec 13, 2023

My application was on background check until PPR.

Thank you all for your support and kind responses.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iceboyblog: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
Congratulations 🇨🇦 , please is it the new portal or old portal

Iphee12:

PPR - Dec 13, 2023

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
Iphee12:

PPR - Dec 13, 2023

Congratulations 🎉 Apart from the background check, what was your application saying concerning eligibility?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
adinnu4:

Congratulations 🎉 Apart from the background check, what was your application saying concerning eligibility?

The only update on the application apart from Biometrics was Background check. Eligibility status was 'we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.'
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
Iceboyblog:

Congratulations 🇨🇦 , please is it the new portal or old portal

Old portal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Iphee12:

PPR - Dec 13, 2023

Documents submitted

1. Passport Photo
2. Int'l Passport
3. Transcript
4. Bsc Cert
5. WAEC cert
6. NYSC cert
7. Industry Certifications
8. Introduction letter from office
9. 4 months payslips
10. Birth Certificate
11. Valid ID cards of parents and siblings
12. Family photo
13. SOP/LOE
14. Letter of Acceptance
15. Evidence of tuition paid (C$ 11,700 out of C$ 19,000)
16. 2 Letters of Sponsorship (Myself and dad as co-sponsor)
17. MyBankStatements (my salary account, my current account, my dad's account and my mum's account) - 12m
18. Pension statement plus letter of introduction from pension administrator - 4m
19. Investment certificate of 2m
20. Certificate of Incorporation of family company - I also used this as home ties
21. Father's property documents
22. Tenancy agreement
23. Sales invoices for business
24. Lump sum explanation Letter.

POF was 14m. 12m in my salary account with lumpsum deposits in the month of submission.

The funds were deposited in my mum's account but my dad acted as co-sponsor, not my mum. We explained that her account was used for savings set aside for studies. I had to pay fees from the funds transferred from her account to mine to show that the funds were not for demonstration purposes.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
JMG12:
She is still a minor; therefore, she does not need a separate study permit application since she will be accompanying you.
Thanks.
Please:
1. Do I apply for her as I apply for mine by just putting her as someone accompanying me?
2. Do I apply first then when it is out, I apply for her?
3. Do I just wait till I get there then apply for visiting visa or study permit for her?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

It might be better for you to apply alone first to increase your chances of getting the visa and also to strengthen your home ties by showing that you'll be coming back after your studies. Once your visa is approved and you're still in Nigeria, you can then apply for your eldest daughter to travel with you to Canada. When applying for her visa during this time, you can change the story a bit and explain that she can't cope being alone back home and would really appreciate her companionship. Just make sure to provide all the necessary documentation and information to support your case. Good luck with the applications, and I hope everything works out for you and your family!

It will end in praise
Thanks a lot and noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Yes, 3M is sufficient for transportation cost.
Mamaoseme33:
Thank you so much for your response. What about my personal account of 3M to use as POF for transportation and others, is the 3M POF enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2023
Iphee12:

Documents submitted

1. Passport Photo
2. Int'l Passport
3. Transcript
4. Bsc Cert
5. WAEC cert
6. NYSC cert
9. 4 months payslips
10. Birth Certificate
12. Family photo
13. SOP/LOE
14. Letter of Acceptance
17. MyBankStatements (my salary account, my current account, my dad's account and my mum's account) - 12m
18. Pension statement plus letter of introduction from pension administrator - 4m
20. Certificate of Incorporation of family company - I also used this as home ties
22. Tenancy agreement

POF was 14m. 12m in my salary account with lumpsum deposits in the month of submission.

The funds were deposited in my mum's account but my dad acted as co-sponsor, not my mum. We explained that her account was used for savings set aside for studies. I had to pay fees from the funds transferred from her account to mine to show that the funds were not for demonstration purposes.

Thank you.

Please what's the duration of your program and was 19k tuition for one year?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
Euroadams:

Please what's the duration of your program and was 19k tuition for one year?

1 year program. 19k is fee for 1 year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aliwa92(m): 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2023
Good evening all
I just started my admission process yesterday for msc in University of Canada west .
But I’m yet to complete it due to some documents I yet to get
But I got a call from the university asking why I haven’t completed my registration and I told them I’m still gathering my documents
So house please is it normal to get calls from school This is my first time applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Odemok(m): 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
Please I am trying to build my account to apply for visa to study business administration. So how should I be narrating when paying into my account does narrations matter or the amount of money going in and out?

Also what documents should I put together to prove the business.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
Please families
Two things
1. on 16th it would be a month that I had done my biometrics...no request for medicals ...is this normal
2. Please I need someone in Toronto around northeast uni/col that can accomodate my brother for two weeks so he can get his apartment....please I need response...abeg ejoor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
Themillionman:
Please families
Two things
1. on 16th it would be a month that I had done my biometrics...no request for medicals ...is this normal
2. Please I need someone in Toronto around northeast uni/col that can accomodate my brother for two weeks so he can get his apartment....please I need response...abeg ejoor

Me to I applied on the 3rd of November I was denied June so I have my biometrics and did upfront medicals July still waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Stardor: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
Congratulations
Iphee12:

Documents submitted

1. Passport Photo
2. Int'l Passport
3. Transcript
4. Bsc Cert
5. WAEC cert
6. NYSC cert
9. 4 months payslips
10. Birth Certificate
12. Family photo
13. SOP/LOE
14. Letter of Acceptance
22. Tenancy agreement

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 12:04am On Dec 15, 2023
Iphee12:

PPR - Dec 13, 2023

congratulations 🎉, I sent you a PM, I have some questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ab4m: 1:07am On Dec 15, 2023
Hello guys, I am yet to get a decision on my application and my resumption is in January.

I defer my admission to Fall, do I need to update IRCC on this new development, if yes, how, please?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Osmacy: 1:07am On Dec 15, 2023
My first study permit application was denied because of insufficient funds and employment situation.
Nov 1 I reapplied again, adding my employment letter and payslips and investments with more proof of funds,
More than half of tuition already paid.

I got my medical status passed yesterday, no other update… Guys what are my chances after first refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Osmacy: 1:17am On Dec 15, 2023
ab4M, when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Osmacy: 1:19am On Dec 15, 2023
ab4m:
Hello guys, I am yet to get a decision on my application and my resumption is in January.

I defer my admission to Fall, do I need to update IRCC on this new development, if yes, how, please?

When did you apply? Mine starts in January yet no current update except medical passed. I applied Nov 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jidenma1992: 2:58am On Dec 15, 2023
Please can yoi send me a sample of your sop please?? chiomaugeh@yahoo.com
Emma549:
THIS IS A VERY LONG POST. I TRIED TO PUT IT TOGETHER WITHOUT ERRORS AND TOOK ME SOME DAYS TO WRITE IT.

Long post alert,
PPR and landing gist.
First of all,
Grateful to Almighty God to be able to write this because each time I open this thread and see PPRs I always look forward to the day I will also write mine and someone who is reading this will surely get PPR.
I am a strong believer of God and I can say my application was 100 percent on GOD.
Also I want to thank the guys here contributing and shedding lights, God Continually bless you guys.

First time Applicant
Family of Three,
Wife on study,
Husband on SOWP
9 months Daughter on Visit permit.

Me and my wife are both in Express Entry pool since September 2022 and wife score is 463
Mine was lower.

We were hoping the score will drop but when it got to 480 it went up back.

We didn't want to take chances based on Nigeria instability and we decided to try study.

Upfront Medicals September 2022.
Application Submitted 18th April 2023.
Wife biometrics drop 19th april,
Husband biometrics drop 20th april
We both booked Biometrics for 25th April, paid for premium lounge at VFS Lekki and we were able to capture quick.

THEN THE LONG WAIT,
This is the longest wait of our lives.
Wife medical passed 8th May,Eligibility started day.
Husband eligibility started 9th May
Medicals passed 9th May.

On status tracker
Eligibility and medicals completed for both.
Then we started waiting ooo,
A little later
Eligibility for my daughter started, and I was like what are they checking in an innocent 6months old.

After 6weeks of application we started sending emails and webform to IRCC daily,
We didn't let IRCC rest
I mandated my wife to send at least webform and email twice daily.
Infact we still got a reply to some of our webform we sent in June few days back.
It was plenty disturbance on them.

Fast forward to July 14
The Golden mail dropped.

JULY 14 PPR dropped for me and wife but medical request for our daughter,
I was happy/ angry that why will IRCC request for medicals because we were not asked to submit medicals for her in the pre application questionnaire, i was not understanding why ircc will request her Medicals, but I think getting here I came to understand that she's a special visitor because she got her visit permit at the port of entry, so I guess it's because she will be staying longer than 6months in Canada she will be mandated to do medicals.

Resumption is September 5.

Now to the struggle of how to get the Medicals done to getting her ppr and traveling together as family before September 5th.
It was alot on me sincerely. At the same time I was also planning to book flight and everyday, flight was getting expensive and expensive. Told my wife to go to iom and qlife and gate crash to see if we can do the medicals on the spot.
Told her to see and sort anyone any amount just to get it done, after series of begging and begging the earliest date for iom was july 28,
We proceeded to qlife and started looking for how to gate crash and do it as well, but after series of begging and begging and also sorting a staff 30k we were able to get July 21st appointment date.
We did medicals and started begging qlife to send results to IRCC.
They kept telling us it takes 5-10 business days.
The medicals was just a check on the baby and no blood sample was taken I was telling them since they are not culturing or testing any sample they should just forward the result to IRCC.
They no gree o
Until the after 5 business days when we called and a reasonable customer service agent picked the call, narrated the whole situation to her and she promised to push it to be forwarded.
While disturbing qilife we were also sending emails and webform to IRCC informing them we have done medicals and they should release our daughter ppr.

July 29th medical passed for daughter.

August 1st PPR dropped.

We parents sent our passport through UPS to vfs Lekki on July 20th and got email to pick up exactly 10 working days.
Sent my daughter passport through UPS to vfs abuja, paid transmission fee because she didn't do biometrics, paid for return courier fee and SMS fee. We didn't get any sms only email.

We book our flight of 4.5m for the three of us on july 25 and to travel September 6 o, very expensive!.
Let me quickly say this if you are tall like me, 1.86m, I will advise you not to book normal seat for a long journey like that. Better you pick a seat in front of demarcation where u can spread your legs..
We could not get straight flight to prince George in BC, so we only got flight from Lagos to Vancouver.
Then I book separate with Air Canada from Vancouver to prince George. About 500$ with insurance.
First flight took off at 1.40pm and landed Addis Ababa around 8pm then we were carried by bus to where we will connect our next flight from ADD to Toronto.
Ethiopian airline didnt transfer our luggage at Toronto we had to do that ourselves which was very stressful.
When we landed Toronto we saw a signpost saying new students, we lined up and was taken to where new students will get their study permit. Because we had an infant we where at the front, we were showed the self declaring machine which we input our details and a ticket print out. Took the ticket and proceeded to two border officer desk to collect our permits.
The officers searched for her name but couldn't see it because the name on her visa is her maiden name and that was because we opened the GC key account last year with her maiden name and all her documents then was in her maiden name. She asked us to sit down and the officer took our receipt and proceeded to do a system check and was nodding while checking, then she came to us and handed over her study permit bearing her maiden name to us.
She then directed us to go downstairs to get my work permit and visitor permit for our daughter.
But for the other students after collecting the print out, they will go to the next desk to get their study permit then line up to see the border officer who will ask them questions before he stamps their passport for entry. I saw where one officer asked a student to show him something on his phone, probably maybe he asked for his bank account balance I guess.
So we proceeded downstairs to and met a long queue of work permit / visit entry. It got to our turn and the border officer asked us while we were here so I told him my wife is here to study while I'm on open work permit and my daughter on visit visa, so he said my wife already got her study permit and we should just submit her study permit while mine and daughter passport alone. He didn't know my wife passport was not stamped yet. He asked us to sit and wait while he works on on the work permit after a while he called my name and then boom he has printed my work permit and also stamped our passports, but my wife quickly told him her passport as not been stamped so he requested for her passport and study permit again and then stamped it.
So I think God orchestrated it this way cos we only paid 4k out of 18k tuition and we were worried not to be asked at the POE for proof of funds even though we did globus POF for one week o.

So we joined our connecting flight to Vancouver, got to Vancouver and boarded our last flight.
Guys I must say Canada is very fine and even the city we are is so fine, there are a lot of opportunities for work, especially if your technically inclined, you go see work tire.
Please I beg you reading this, if you considering or contemplating to come to Canada, pls decide now and come fast, this is a good place to be, the system is working.
I am here now and I can categorically state that you will never regret spending all your life savings to land here.

TIMELINE
Upfront Medicals for me and wife September 2022.
Submission 18th April,
Biometrics 25th April
Medical passed for wife 8th May.
Medical passed for me! 9th May.

July 14th PPR for me and wife. Medical request for daughter.
July 20 parents passport sent to vfs
July 21 medical done for daughter.
July 29th Medical passed for daughter.
August 1st, PPR for daughter.
August 3rd, passport collection for parents.

August 21st daughter stamped passport delivered.

Departure September 4th, 1.40pm in Lagos.

Landed September 5th 11.30pm in Canada( Wednesday September 6th 7.30am in Nigeria ).

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED.

Detailed SOP with sub headings.
GTB BANK STATEMENT OF 10M.
GTb USD account of 1800$
BUSINESS CAC,CTC and 2022 ANNUAL RETURN
2 Landed properties.
2 House and 2 landed properties from wife late father
The documents was in her Father's name we just supported with the death certificate.
My employment letter and pay slips.
Business receipts from suppliers and receipt given to clients.
Affidavit of sponsorship that I will sponsor my wife.
Letter for purpose of travel stating I will just be traveling with my wife to settle in Canada for 8 weeks and return back to my employment and business.

Pic and vehicle particulars of two cars.

Pictures of sold cars as proof of doing car business.

Throwback pictures of us in 2018.

Naming pictures of our daughter
Wedding pictures.
Education Credentials for wife.
My professional certification with COREN and my annual practicing license.
Pictures of me in work conferences and working.
2 IELTS GT and 1 Academic for me and wife.
Screenshot of business website.
Screenshot of student portal showing awards and scholarships applied to, still awaiting decision.
Invoice of 1500 CAD deposit paid.

Annual leave form showing I applied for 40 working days leave.
Pictures of wife conference done in Benin Republic and stamped page on passport.

She mentioned her Masters supervisor in SOP and also showed pictures of various seminars done with her supervisor.

Sponsorship letter stating I will sponsor wife.

Explanation of my Finances with subheadings explaining , introduction,assets and investments,employment details, personal business.
Birth certificate of daughter.
Pictures of marriage registry.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by marexluv(f): 4:57am On Dec 15, 2023
Can you accept my invitation so that I can get a free gift?
https://temu.com/s/wxhwjh2EvBxYd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 5:41am On Dec 15, 2023
bullstriker:
Yes, 3M is sufficient for transportation cost.
hey bro! I PM you. I have questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.