Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (423509 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2023
Can you use a private bank as POF ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:20am On Dec 16, 2023
Gabriel2005:
Can you use a private bank as POF ??

What do you mean by a private bank please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2023
patrick2015:
It’s PPR 🤩 in just two weeks
Duration
Admission application 26th August 2023
Admission granted 29th August 2023
IELTS 9 September 2023
First semester school fee 15th September 2023
Upfront medical 16 October 2023
Application submitted on IRCC 29th November 2023
Biometric 1 December 2023
Biometric updated 2 December 2023
PPR 15 December 2023

Documents submitted
• My Statement of Purpose
• Acceptance Fee
• WAEC Certificate
• Undergraduate Certificate
• Undergraduate Transcript
• IELTS Result
• Birth Certificate
• Police Character Certificate
• Travel History
• Introduction letter
• Sponsors Resume
• Sponsors Contract of Employment
• Sponsors Work ID
• Sponsors Pay Slips
• Sponsors Land Documents
• Sponsors Vehicle Documentation

Proof of Fund
Sponsors( My mum) Account 33,000 USD Bank of America
MY dollar account 1,200 USD Access
My Naira account 1,800,000 UBA
Sponsor account didn’t come from Mybankstatement but mine came from Mybankstatement.

It is a one year course and I paid first semester school fee of 9,700 CAD from sponsors account and have school fee balance of 8,564 CAD to pay.

Home ties were two pictures from my sister’s wedding and my CAC document. I explained both

My application had nothing like eligibility. It moved from application received on 29th November to Biometric updated on 2 December to PPR on 15th December.

My admission is for May 2024

Old portal

Thank you Jesus
Hearty congratulations

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2023
Bobomaigida:

What do you mean by a private bank please?
Private banking consists of personalized financial services and products offered to the high-net-worth individual (HNWI) clients of a retail bank or other financial institution. It includes a wide range of wealth management services, and all provided under one roof.
And the private bank I want to use is standard chartered private bank a statement of account showing my investment statement in USD assets
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2023
patrick2015:
Duration
IELTS 9 September 2023
PPR 15 December 2023

Documents submitted
• Acceptance Fee
• WAEC Certificate
• IELTS Result
• Birth Certificate
• Travel History
• Introduction letter
• Sponsors Resume
• Sponsors Work ID
• Sponsors Pay Slips

Proof of Fund
Sponsor account didn’t come from Mybankstatement but mine came from Mybankstatement.

It is a one year course and I paid first semester school fee of 9,700 CAD from sponsors account and have school fee balance of 8,564 CAD to pay.

Home ties were two pictures from my sister’s wedding and my CAC document. I explained both

My application had nothing like eligibility. It moved from application received on 29th November to Biometric updated on 2 December to PPR on 15th December.

Old portal

Thank you Jesus

Congratulations. Did you do upfront medical long before you applied? Also, when was your medical updated to pass? I asked because I haven't seen any update on medical on my page

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ikaburuku: 10:44am On Dec 16, 2023
Ikaburuku:
Good morning nairalanders. I will be 31 next month, if my father wants to sponsor my masters program in Canada, will I be accepted? I work but I earn less than 90k.

And will the school fees be paid in US or Canadian dollar? Thanks
Please guys I need reply. Will my age affect me if my dad is sponsoring me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ikaburuku: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2023
patrick2015:
Duration
IELTS 9 September 2023
PPR 15 December 2023

Documents submitted
• Acceptance Fee
• WAEC Certificate
• IELTS Result
• Birth Certificate
• Travel History
• Introduction letter
• Sponsors Resume
• Sponsors Work ID
• Sponsors Pay Slips

Proof of Fund

Old portal

Thank you Jesus
I thought Nigerians don't need to sit for IELTS again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 11:12am On Dec 16, 2023
What do I do....it's a month I did biometrics.....I haven't seen any request for medicals...why delays....

Also please anyone in Toronto that can accommodate for two weeks or if you know an affordable great place for rent not too far from Northeast uni
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by patrick2015: 11:23am On Dec 16, 2023
[quote author=Nauttyprof post=127510192]

I did upfront medical on October 16th. I applied November 29th. Medical was updated to pass today 16th November but PPR was yesterday 15th November

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by patrick2015: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2023
Ikaburuku:
I thought Nigerians don't need to sit for IELTS again

Yes, IELTS isn’t needed.
My application was in the form of student direct stream and that’s why it took 14 days only.
For student direct, the listed conditions must be met:
1. IELTS
2. Upfront medical
3. Minimum of 30,000 CAD for POF. This is before the recent change o
4. Bank statement of minimum six months and must be account that has been in operation for minimum one year.

Once these are met, PPR should take less than 20 days

I will use the IELTS when applying for express entry so it’s not useless. You’d write it someday too

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by patrick2015: 11:31am On Dec 16, 2023
Themillionman:
What do I do....it's a month I did biometrics.....I haven't seen any request for medicals...why delays....

Also please anyone in Toronto that can accommodate for two weeks or if you know an affordable great place for rent not too far from Northeast uni

I did upfront medical on October 16th. I applied November 29th. Medical was updated to pass today 16th November but PPR was yesterday 15th November
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SekaniCrystal(m): 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
[quote author=SekaniCrystal post=127044424]

HELLO Everyone 👋 can someone tell me how much does it cost for Belgium student visa. Thank you 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
Considering that you are 31 years old, it will be difficult to convince the visa officer that your dad will sponsor you except he makes all the money available in your account and you need to work on the home ties, just the salary is small to want to compel you back home. When applying for a visa, especially if you are an adult and your parent is sponsoring you, it's important to address potential concerns that the visa officer may have. Age, financial support, and ties to your home country are all factors that could influence the decision.

Ikaburuku:
Please guys I need reply. Will my age affect me if my dad is sponsoring me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
patrick2015:

Yes, IELTS isn’t needed.
My application was in the form of student direct stream and that’s why it took 14 days only.
1. IELTS
2. Upfront medical

I will use the IELTS when applying for express entry so it’s not useless. You’d write it someday too

Sorry to bother you. The IELTS you submitted, was it academic or general?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
patrick2015:

Yes, IELTS isn’t needed.
1. IELTS
2. Upfront medical

Please can you share with me the prep materials you used for the IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hello house
Please kindly assist me with me
Have not collected my bsc because all grad are not recorded in my KOfa
Can I use my year 1and 2 transcript to apply only including my waec
Please your answer is need
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kad199: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
Pls how do I track my application after biometrics? Abeg I need ur answer urgently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shanny001(f): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
patrick2015:

Yes, IELTS isn’t needed.
1. IELTS
2. Upfront medical

I didn't know Nigerians were qualified for SDS. How did you do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kad199: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
[quote author=Themillionman post=127510753]What do I do....it's a month I did biometrics.....I haven't seen any request for medicals...why delays....

Also please anyone in Toronto that can accommodate for two weeks or if you know an affordable great place for rent not too far from Northeast uni[/quote me self don't know what to think
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lady25(f): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
lady25:

A big thank you for your help so far
1. We have a change in plans. My hubby and I would apply at once. But we have two kids that will be staying back with their grandparents here in Nigeria. What documents would we need to this effect? Hope it will be a good tie ?
2. We have a business that has been running since 2017, and it's registered with cac. It is also our source of income. Will this be enough ?
3. Is it a must to have a landed property?. Im asking because most people that got PPR have landed property. The two landed properties we have don't have much value. And the only documents we have to show is an agreement.
4. Does printing a bank statement of 4months reduce our chance ? The normal bank statement should be 6 months right?
Please help me
@Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by patrick2015: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
adinnu4:

Sorry to bother you. The IELTS you submitted, was it academic or general?

General IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by patrick2015: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Euroadams:

Please can you share with me the prep materials you used for the IELTS

YouTube Chris Pell ( IELTS ADVANTAGE). I was struggling until I met him two days to the test. I learnt reading, listening and writing there. I couldn’t practice speaking as I had no one to grade me.
My grades were Listening 8 Reading 8 Writing 7 Speaking 8. Overall was Band 8

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by patrick2015: 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2023
shanny001:

I didn't know Nigerians were qualified for SDS. How did you do it?

The conditions I listed earlier are all that’s required. I updated the list because I omitted one

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
I just got my response from IRCC. I am currently SAD at the moment.
Although I used an agent and this happened.
I am planning to apply myself by next week.
Gurus in the house please advice me on what and what to add to my application and I will be needing contact of
@Frank
@JMG12.
Please help me here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bmuhd4smile: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
patrick2015:

The conditions I listed earlier are all that’s required. I updated the list because I omitted one

Can you post the link for the SDS. So we can read it too. The one am seeing on IRCC is a bit different. It requires full tuition payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ikaburuku:
Good morning nairalanders. I will be 31 next month, if my father wants to sponsor my masters program in Canada, will I be accepted? I work but I earn less than 90k.
And will the school fees be paid in US or Canadian dollar? Thanks
Job opportunities in the country
of original in your related occupation and your years work experience in the field will be a huge factor in deciding the application, and if parent can sponsor you!!...and not because you are 31 and receiving salary below 90k.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2023
Emmanuelvictor:
Gurus in the house please advice me on what and what to add to my application and I will be needing contact of
@Frank
@JMG12.
Please help me here.
Guy, sorry about the outcome.But why the hurry?. If it’s a January resumption, defer it. Order your GCMS notes so you know the specific area to address. The general mail has issues with your employment and finance. Are you employed? Did u include pay slips, employment letter, letter of introduction from your office, salary account whether it is PoF or not?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Bro I can't answer these questions I swear. I am self employed and I submitted my cac and tax certificate. Although my POF was 22million closing balance and I have paid 5k out of the 11k that was my tuition deposit.
Though my agent said he's going to address the issues and reapply.
But I need input from @Frank and JMG12. [color=#990000][/color] :- cry

danowena:

Guy, sorry about the outcome.But why the hurry?. If it’s a January resumption, defer it. Order your GCMS notes so you know the specific area to address. The general mail has issues with your employment and finance. Are you employed? Did u include pay slips, employment letter, letter of introduction from your office, salary account whether it is PoF or not?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Redact your name, address, Application number and UCI
Emmanuelvictor:
@Frank
@JMG12.
Please help me here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kunfy: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
I got refused too on 6th of December, pls how does it take to get gcms note. My resumption date is May 2024
How long does it take to get GCMS note.? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
Kunfy:
I got refused too on 6th of December, pls how does it take to get gcms note. My resumption date is May 2024
How long does it take to get GCMS note.?

One month

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by EdoPresido: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
seawealth:

Please which software did you use for merging and compressing of your documents?

Use this: https://tools.pdf24.org/en/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.