Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (422053 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by London80: 6:07am On Dec 15, 2023
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=127350398]

For a student visa in Canada, the amount of funds required for a family of four is about 40M in view of the current exchange rate. Generally, you'll need to show proof of funds to cover the tuition fees for the duration of the program, as well as living expenses.

As for the duration, since it's a 2-year course, you'll typically need to provide proof of funds for the entire duration of the program. This means you'll need to show enough funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses for both years.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here. Good luck with your study visa application,! 🎓🌟

It will end in praise[/quote

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ijeezlux(m): 11:07am On Dec 15, 2023
Please house, how do someone update his or her IRCC application after deferring his school application to next April year?

And also Is it advisable to update it after passport must have been stamped, or before passport is stamped. Which is better?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Glock22: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
ijeezlux:
Please house, how do someone update his or her IRCC application after deferring his school application to next April year?

And also Is it advisable to update it after passport must have been stamped, or before passport is stamped. Which is better?

If you are deferring from January to April, you do not need to inform IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NaijaDeeqson: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
I just gained an admission into Fanshawe college. If you know you can assist from start to finish with the document i am going to submit and how to go about gathering them as a self sponsored with a business background not gotten from school, I am willing to pay for your services, you can contact me +233-53-063-4301
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by joanna13(f): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
I requested for GCMS note and on the note the VO claimed I didn't include Bank statment. And bank statement was the first document in the bulk document uploaded in the POF section. The one he claimed he saw which is Paystud was the last.

What can I do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aliwa92(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2023
Aliwa92:
Good evening all
I just started my admission process yesterday for msc in University of Canada west .
But I’m yet to complete it due to some documents I yet to get
But I got a call from the university asking why I haven’t completed my registration and I told them I’m still gathering my documents
So house please is it normal to get calls from school This is my first time applying
[quote
Please can someone reply me please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Odemok(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please I need answer o
Odemok:
Please I am trying to build my account to apply for visa to study business administration. So how should I be narrating when paying into my account does narrations matter or the amount of money going in and out?

Also what documents should I put together to prove the business.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
The approval or denial of each application is determined based on its merits and adherence to immigration policies. Whether to apply together or wait to apply for a family member after one's visa has been approved or upon arrival in Canada, is a personal choice.
danowena:

Thanks.
Please:
1. Do I apply for her as I apply for mine by just putting her as someone accompanying me?
2. Do I apply first then when it is out, I apply for her?
3. Do I just wait till I get there then apply for visiting visa or study permit for her?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
Since the visa officer claims not to see a bank statement in your documents and you believe there is a misrepresentation or misunderstanding, it's important to address this matter in a letter of explanation. You can reapply, it's crucial to maintain a respectful and constructive tone in your communication.
joanna13:
I requested for GCMS note and on the note the VO claimed I didn't include Bank statment. And bank statement was the first document in the bulk document uploaded in the POF section. The one he claimed he saw which is Paystud was the last.

What can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2023
send an email
NaijaDeeqson:
I just gained an admission into Fanshawe college. If you know you can assist from start to finish with the document i am going to submit and how to go about gathering them as a self sponsored with a business background not gotten from school, I am willing to pay for your services, you can contact me +233-53-063-4301
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NaijaDeeqson: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please how is a GIC Certificate purchased i just got the payment details from CIBC bank, cos i plan to buy a GIC certificate. How is it purchased from my local bank because they said the payment has to come from my name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nonino: 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Good evening my people
My God grant us our wishes Amen

I reapplied on 1st November till now no information yet hope all is wellooo

Secondly ircc visa officers are they going on end of the year holiday?
If yes when.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
NaijaDeeqson:
Please how is a GIC Certificate purchased i just got the payment details from CIBC bank, cos i plan to buy a GIC certificate. How is it purchased from my local bank because they said the payment has to come from my name.

Open a domiciliary account in your name.
Buy dollar from black market to fund you dom account, then proceed with the transfer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
Nonino:
Good evening my people

If yes when.

On holiday, I think the general holidays in Canada affect the Visa Officers - 25th, 26th and 31st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ghanagyal93: 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
Hello all, with it already being December, does anyone know of any school in Canada that gives an admission decision THIS MONTH? For a program that starts in September 2024.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by carbon1224(m): 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please how I pay visa fee online with Nigeria cards.I need help on how pay my visa fee online with our cards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Momoney77: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
I have merged my PDF documents, but how do I label it. There's just lumped in together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2023
Glock22:

If you are deferring from January to April, you do not need to inform IRCC

Could you please explain in details, why so?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
Momoney77:
I have merged my PDF documents, but how do I label it. There's just lumped in together.
Please which software did you use for merging and compressing of your documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
Can anyone help me with links of groups for Nigerians in Toronto/Ontario ? Very urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
IRCC always goes on an annual break every December to resume the following year; the duration will be announced on their website.

Nonino:
Good evening my people

If yes when.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by IRCCboy: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
Yes, the UCW graduate recruitment officer normally calls prospective candidates to provide guidance with respect to the application process. Its normal! It's not scam! Acceptance rate at UCW is over 80%. They are desperately in need of international students.

Aliwa92:
[quote
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Momoney77: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
seawealth:

Please which software did you use for merging and compressing of your documents?
I love pdf, there also others avepdf, small pdf etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
joanna13:

What can I do?

I will suggest you send a reconsideration request, if you can prove that statement was among the documents you sent when you applied, you can send updated statements as well and refer the VO to check docs for the statement and he/she can even compare what you sent earlier with an updated SOA you sent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NaijaDeeqson: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
ikgodisgood82:

Open a domiciliary account in your name.
Buy dollar from black market to fund you dom account, then proceed with the transfer

Thanks very much boss. How about school fees, I'd love to know how the payment Via Flywire is made. Please sir how much does it cost to open a domiciliary account and what are the procedures? I'd like to know. Thanks very much and God bless you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Yes sure they offer flexible payment plan for their students. You can give it a trial.

It will end in praise
Hi bro my gic payment has been confirmed (10k cad) today and i have paid one year tuition fee for a two year course, a family friend is insisting I have about 30 million in my account as pof and as I'm using my big bro as my sponsor i have to do a deed of lease and he need to send the complete 30 million naira to my account until i get a response for my visa.
Is 30 million naira not really on the high side after paying a full year tuition deposit and a gic deposit of 10k?
The naira crash really affected my finance and is making everything seem very hectic for me honestly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aliwa92(m): 1:19am On Dec 16, 2023
IRCCboy:
Yes, the UCW graduate recruitment officer normally calls prospective candidates to provide guidance with respect to the application process. Its normal! It's not scam! Acceptance rate at UCW is over 80%. They are desperately in need of international students.

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tolifefun: 2:01am On Dec 16, 2023
Aliwa92:
[quote
yes, it is possible. They are looking for customers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by House34: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2023
PLEASE New students should be mindful of the escalating financial challenges among Nigerian students, compounded by current economic crises and housing issues in Canada. Given the current job scarcity, it's advisable to ensure you have ample funds for at least three months, covering your upkeep, accommodation, and at least more than 1 semester tuition fees. Many students who arrived in 2023 especially since September are confronting employment challenges, and there might be hesitancy to share difficulties, mirroring a perception in Nigerian culture that facing such challenges abroad is synonymous with failure.It's disheartening to witness fellow countrymen and women enduring such hardships in the pursuit of relocating abroad.I wish you all the best !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by patrick2015: 6:51am On Dec 16, 2023
It’s PPR 🤩 in just two weeks
Duration
Admission application 26th August 2023
Admission granted 29th August 2023
IELTS 9 September 2023
First semester school fee 15th September 2023
Upfront medical 16 October 2023
Application submitted on IRCC 29th November 2023
Biometric 1 December 2023
Biometric updated 2 December 2023
PPR 15 December 2023

Documents submitted
• My Statement of Purpose
• Acceptance Fee
• WAEC Certificate
• Undergraduate Certificate
• Undergraduate Transcript
• IELTS Result
• Birth Certificate
• Police Character Certificate
• Travel History
• Introduction letter
• Sponsors Resume
• Sponsors Contract of Employment
• Sponsors Work ID
• Sponsors Pay Slips
• Sponsors Land Documents
• Sponsors Vehicle Documentation

Proof of Fund
Sponsors( My mum) Account 33,000 USD Bank of America
MY dollar account 1,200 USD Access
My Naira account 1,800,000 UBA
Sponsor account didn’t come from Mybankstatement but mine came from Mybankstatement.

It is a one year course and I paid first semester school fee of 9,700 CAD from sponsors account and have school fee balance of 8,564 CAD to pay.

Home ties were two pictures from my sister’s wedding and my CAC document. I explained both

My application had nothing like eligibility. It moved from application received on 29th November to Biometric updated on 2 December to PPR on 15th December.

My admission is for May 2024

Old portal

Thank you Jesus

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 7:18am On Dec 16, 2023
JMG12:
The approval or denial of each application is determined based on its merits and adherence to immigration policies. Whether to apply together or wait to apply for a family member after one's visa has been approved or upon arrival in Canada, is a personal choice.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ikaburuku: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2023
Good morning nairalanders. I will be 31 next month, if my father wants to sponsor my masters program in Canada, will I be accepted? I work but I earn less than 90k.

And will the school fees be paid in US or Canadian dollar? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: BeastOfNoTribe, Whillz(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.