Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:00 AM

Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria (1095 Views)

Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! / Do Our Political Parties Have Ideologies? / Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by raskymonojendor: 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
When people mention biafria..all I remember are those kids with big tummy.
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
A counter productive, tool of enslavement by a few, in total control of the entire Igbo populace. How can so many sane men be ruled by vagabonds... unless the sane men are cowards.
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by victory36(m): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nathan2016:
Before I start, please know that I am an Igbo by tribe and have lived most of my life in the South East geopolitical zone, which is known as the indigenous homeland of Igbos. My question is simple: convince me why Biafra is the way to go and why the ideology is sane for any sane mind.

A friend and I argued on this and it seems he did not want to see my view on why biafra ideology is one of the worst ideology coming for the Igbo tribe. Now these are my reasons;

- [ ] Geography: The biafra map in the 1970/72 was well laid and the map cover many state in the south south geopolitical zone and even benue which is currently middle belt or north central geopolitical zones. Since then till today, most of the areas have developed autonomous mindset because of the geopolitical divisions in 1999. Most people in the south south region doesn’t want to hear anything biafra and the north central don’t even want to associate themselves with the ideology. This spans across tribes as the minority tribes in the south south geopolitical region don’t see themselves as biafrans. Now if the south south region is not in tune with the ideology, that makes the only geopolitical zone that is pushing the ideology south east. South east is currently situated in the center of the Southern region making it a landlock region. A landlock region is a region that doesn’t have access to the sea. So both importation and navy security is dependent upon the surrounding states which is the south south zones. This affect any region economically and security wise. Is there countries that are landlocked? Yes, but most of them are very poor and depends on other country for import. They can easily be invaded by foreign countries. So in general it is a bad idea to think of it.

- [ ] Economic growth: the south east and generally in Nigeria is having one of the worst economic crises. The south east zone are not doing better than other zones in terms of economy. The natural resources we have is mostly the same with the ones nigeria has and where has that lead us to as a country? These natural resources are currently going out of use. Most countries are now talking of clean energy, so oil and so on is not something to depend on as a country or new country. We all know how difficult nigeria takes to maintain its own refinery. So why is a region that is not economically stable shouting for biafra?

- [ ] Agriculture: by now I would have thought the biafra war would teach us something but it didn’t. Till today, our agricultural output is still a sham. This is the same for every part of the country especially the southern region. When are we going to focus on the agricultural sector? How can you be wanting biafra when you can barely boost of feeding yourselves. So does it make sense.

- [ ] Political system: I always ask this my friend this particular question. When we eventually get biafra, is it angels that will take over our country administration or another cycle of thieves. There are few politicians in the south east or even Nigeria as a whole that command respect as a leader with No questionable character. So who are going to be our leaders because if it’s these MNK and the other Finland guy, you will be having tyrant on your hands. So those who are pro biafra, tell me how it’s going to work?

- [ ] Commerce and Trade: people from south east and generally Igbos are known to be traders. Now a wise trader always look for expansion into other market. Why would someone who is into trading be chanting to control a region that is the same size as one state in the North? Obviously if the biafra is given to the zone, the Nigerian country can wake up and shut the business of Igbos or tax them heavily as the see fit, after all they are foreigners and doesn’t have the advantages of the citizens in Nigeria.

- [ ] Real Estate: the two major cities in Nigeria will the most economic growth currently are lagos and Abuja in terms of real estate. The Igbos are know to own lots of real estate investments in those states. That bring me to ask, who in their right mind will be fighting to have their own country when their outside investment is huge in their former country. Now most people will say, the Nigerian government cannot take their property from them when biafra happens but that’s speculation and any country can make law to Favour their citizens and people against other foreigners. Even as a citizen of Nigeria, lagos is already making moves on it and the only thing holding them is the constitution. If not, I wonder the fate of Igbos or people from south east.

- [ ] Security: There are two ways to take a country. One is through diplomatic means with referendum and the other is through force with war. At the moment, the Nigeria country is not ready to have any diplomatic talk on the issue of biafra and if it is through war, I mean how is it going to work? But killing and carting away police rifles and fighting it with a country that has international support. Remember the south east zone is landlord. So troops can enter through akwa ibom, delta, rivers, benue, cross rivers, kogi. Now unless you are going to force the south south geopolitical zones in joining biafra war, I don’t think you have a chance.

These are few points that makes it a bad idea for people to even think or consider the biafra ideology.
Are the Igbos marginalized in the present country, Yes.

But who isn’t. Most poor people everywhere is marginalized and the only solution is when we take the bull by the horn. The Igbos should start demanding excellence from their leaders. More than other zones. Our leaders needs to work extra hard to make thing’s possible and life easier for Igbos and everyone living in the zones.
Nigeria right now is facing economic hardships across the geopolitical zones.

Please if you think the biafra ideology is better and can work, I want to hear it. Give me the reason why it is.
let the igbos go. It's up to us to worry about how to run our sovereign country. I don't even like the idea of carrying other tribes with us so we don't find ourselves in the same tribal wars as in Nigeria. We are not the only landlocked country on Earth.
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nathan2016:
Before I start, please know that I am an Igbo by tribe and have lived most of my life in the South East geopolitical zone, which is known as the indigenous homeland of Igbos. My question is simple: convince me why Biafra is the way to go and why the ideology is sane for any sane mind.

A friend and I argued on this and it seems he did not want to see my view on why biafra ideology is one of the worst ideology coming for the Igbo tribe. Now these are my reasons;

- [ ] Geography: The biafra map in the 1970/72 was well laid and the map cover many state in the south south geopolitical zone and even benue which is currently middle belt or north central geopolitical zones. Since then till today, most of the areas have developed autonomous mindset because of the geopolitical divisions in 1999. Most people in the south south region doesn’t want to hear anything biafra and the north central don’t even want to associate themselves with the ideology. This spans across tribes as the minority tribes in the south south geopolitical region don’t see themselves as biafrans. Now if the south south region is not in tune with the ideology, that makes the only geopolitical zone that is pushing the ideology south east. South east is currently situated in the center of the Southern region making it a landlock region. A landlock region is a region that doesn’t have access to the sea. So both importation and navy security is dependent upon the surrounding states which is the south south zones. This affect any region economically and security wise. Is there countries that are landlocked? Yes, but most of them are very poor and depends on other country for import. They can easily be invaded by foreign countries. So in general it is a bad idea to think of it.

- [ ] Economic growth: the south east and generally in Nigeria is having one of the worst economic crises. The south east zone are not doing better than other zones in terms of economy. The natural resources we have is mostly the same with the ones nigeria has and where has that lead us to as a country? These natural resources are currently going out of use. Most countries are now talking of clean energy, so oil and so on is not something to depend on as a country or new country. We all know how difficult nigeria takes to maintain its own refinery. So why is a region that is not economically stable shouting for biafra?

- [ ] Agriculture: by now I would have thought the biafra war would teach us something but it didn’t. Till today, our agricultural output is still a sham. This is the same for every part of the country especially the southern region. When are we going to focus on the agricultural sector? How can you be wanting biafra when you can barely boost of feeding yourselves. So does it make sense.

- [ ] Political system: I always ask this my friend this particular question. When we eventually get biafra, is it angels that will take over our country administration or another cycle of thieves. There are few politicians in the south east or even Nigeria as a whole that command respect as a leader with No questionable character. So who are going to be our leaders because if it’s these MNK and the other Finland guy, you will be having tyrant on your hands. So those who are pro biafra, tell me how it’s going to work?

- [ ] Commerce and Trade: people from south east and generally Igbos are known to be traders. Now a wise trader always look for expansion into other market. Why would someone who is into trading be chanting to control a region that is the same size as one state in the North? Obviously if the biafra is given to the zone, the Nigerian country can wake up and shut the business of Igbos or tax them heavily as the see fit, after all they are foreigners and doesn’t have the advantages of the citizens in Nigeria.

- [ ] Real Estate: the two major cities in Nigeria will the most economic growth currently are lagos and Abuja in terms of real estate. The Igbos are know to own lots of real estate investments in those states. That bring me to ask, who in their right mind will be fighting to have their own country when their outside investment is huge in their former country. Now most people will say, the Nigerian government cannot take their property from them when biafra happens but that’s speculation and any country can make law to Favour their citizens and people against other foreigners. Even as a citizen of Nigeria, lagos is already making moves on it and the only thing holding them is the constitution. If not, I wonder the fate of Igbos or people from south east.

- [ ] Security: There are two ways to take a country. One is through diplomatic means with referendum and the other is through force with war. At the moment, the Nigeria country is not ready to have any diplomatic talk on the issue of biafra and if it is through war, I mean how is it going to work? But killing and carting away police rifles and fighting it with a country that has international support. Remember the south east zone is landlord. So troops can enter through akwa ibom, delta, rivers, benue, cross rivers, kogi. Now unless you are going to force the south south geopolitical zones in joining biafra war, I don’t think you have a chance.

These are few points that makes it a bad idea for people to even think or consider the biafra ideology.

But who isn’t. Most poor people everywhere is marginalized and the only solution is when we take the bull by the horn. The Igbos should start demanding excellence from their leaders. More than other zones. Our leaders needs to work extra hard to make thing’s possible and life easier for Igbos and everyone living in the zones.

Please if you think the biafra ideology is better and can work, I want to hear it. Give me the reason why it is.

Well reasoned argument. You are way more intelligent than MNK and Simon Ekpa combined together.

As an Igbo guy. I say Kudos to you and keep up the good work.

100% logic and 0% Emotions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
There is no Nigeria;

The Northern Protectorate and the Southern Protectorates were Amalgated in 1914 to last for 100 Years. The Treaty expired in 2014.

Legally, there are two protectorates called North and South Nigeria, so if you want to make yourselves weaker as Southerners, because of your hate for each other then be my guest.

Silly tribalists.

You need a mental checkup. Generator noise and hardship don kolo your brain.

1 Like

Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nathan2016:

You are not making any sense. Try and talk on the matter at hand. Currently I am living in a country called Nigeria. Yes, there are many history that lead us to this point but which country doesn’t. Am I proud of the country, No. but I believe it can work or be managed at least and the biafra alternative is not even an alternative to consider at the moment. That’s looking at all the facts.

The argument you made was what i was expecting from MNK instead of ranting on radio station and wipping up of emotions.
Even Ojukwo would not support Biafra of today as it will bring untold hardship on Ndigbo.

MNK was so influential that i would have expected him to translate his influence into a politics.
Capture the SE political structure both Senate wise and state governors.
Then try to spread his political base outside of the SE and appeal to other regions to get more support for his cause.

1 Like

Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Brek: 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
Skyview01:

You need a mental checkup. Generator noise and hardship don kolo your brain.
So how will Nigeria benefit the igbos?
Cause from what I'm seeing the igbos are benefiting from their self
Most safest region in Nigeria
Highest HDI region in Nigeria
Arguably the most intelligent and successful region in Nigeria
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by leokid866: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
There is no Nigeria;

The Northern Protectorate and the Southern Protectorates were Amalgated in 1914 to last for 100 Years. The Treaty expired in 2014.

Legally, there are two protectorates called North and South Nigeria, so if you want to make yourselves weaker as Southerners, because of your hate for each other then be my guest.

Silly tribalists.
lol why you no carry us go court.....🤣🤣🤣
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by leokid866: 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Who cares about your Biafra actually. I am saying there is no Nigeria as a country legally. But Protectorates of North and South by virtue of Amalgation Treaty,

Biafra or not Biafra, no one cares. It is shamefuil to debate it. The Igbo people are bigger than Biafra. Ibos are mighty people. so drop this nonsense.

If you want to insult the Igbos as a tribalist, just go ahead, stop pretending to refer to Biafra, just say you hate yourself.
lol tell epa igbos are bigger than Biafra cause it seems without it he and kanu have no life.....🤣🤣🤣
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Cooly100: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
For me I believe you are either a politician or you have your investments outside the SE region.

Let me ask you one question...?

If the north wants to leave and the SS agree to stay together...

What will you do?

Will you write this type of epistle telling them why they should remain with you?
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Nathan2016: 10:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
Skyview01:

The argument you made was what i was expecting from MNK instead of ranting on radio station and wipping up of emotions.
Even Ojukwo would not support Biafra of today as it will bring untold hardship on Ndigbo.

MNK was so influential that i would have expected him to translate his influence into a politics.
Capture the SE political structure both Senate wise and state governors.
Then try to spread his political base outside of the SE and appeal to other regions to get more support for his cause.

Exactly what I said to a friend.

The current position of igbos in Nigeria is so deep that coming out of it, cannot be through war or battles here and there.
Even if we are to toll towards biafra, atleast it should be in a diplomatic way. In trade/commerce and real estate, the igbos are spread outside their indigenous home and its only a fool that will be chanting war when your investment is at risk.

The ultimate goal now should be building the south east economically, politically and socially.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by rummmy: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2023
Nathan2016:

You are not making any sense. Try and talk on the matter at hand. Currently I am living in a country called Nigeria. Yes, there are many history that lead us to this point but which country doesn’t. Am I proud of the country, No. but I believe it can work or be managed at least and the biafra alternative is not even an alternative to consider at the moment. That’s looking at all the facts.
proud of been Nigerian kill you there.
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Nathan2016: 1:08am On Jul 28, 2023
rummmy:
proud of been Nigerian kill you there.

A dumb comment. I always know a lowlife when they type
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Idiko1: 4:04am On Jul 28, 2023
Nathan2016:

Rant of a delusional rat.
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by gidgiddy: 5:01am On Jul 28, 2023
Nathan2016:

Exactly what I said to a friend.

The current position of igbos in Nigeria is so deep that coming out of it, cannot be through war or battles here and there.
Even if we are to toll towards biafra, atleast it should be in a diplomatic way. In trade/commerce and real estate, the igbos are spread outside their indigenous home and its only a fool that will be chanting war when your investment is at risk.

The ultimate goal now should be building the south east economically, politically and socially.

Can the position of Igbos in Nigeria be deeper than Catalonia who have been with Spain over 500 years, but still want independence?

Can the position of Igbos be deeper than Scotland who have been with the UK over 300 years, but got independence referendum in 2014?

When it comes to the issue of Biafra, the only people who talk of fight and war are Nigerians. The Biafran agitator wants peaceful referendum
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by toprealman: 6:23am On Jul 28, 2023
You assumed a lot of things in your write up. Have you researched on the Great American migrations in the early 1900’s?
Also remember that if Nigeria should swamp with America, give them time…they will catch up.
It is OK for children to be scared of darkness, that is understandable. The problem lies in men being scared of light!
Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 6:43am On Jul 28, 2023
Nathan2016:

Pictures say a thousand words wink

Re: Why The Biafra Ideology Is One Of The Worst Ideologies In Modern Day Nigeria by Christistruth03: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Christistruth03:
angry

Listen to Ojukwu after the War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM69swDw1XI

Interpretation

If you died or lost everything in the disastrously foolish War I led you into,
You are on your own

You shouldn't have foolishly listened to or obeyed me in the first place because I didn't mean anything I said during the War

I now want to return to eat better Fura de nunu and
drink better Kunu with the same Northern boys I sent and abandoned you to die at the Warfront fighting because they are now in control of the National Cake and I need some for myself

my Personal interest comes first and I no send you

Farewell

--------Ojukwu

(Ps Send my love to my God daughter the Beauty Queen Bianca,
I will surely tie the knot with her on my return after dumping the Old Cargo I am with now who was also my former Wife's Chief Bridesmaid and fled Biafra with me almost losing her life running through the Jungle behind me pursued by live bullets and Machine gunfire from those Nasty Federal Soldiers)

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Before And Now Of A Street In Aba. / Rivers : How Tinubu Ended Wike’s Dreams Of Becoming Jagaban / Nearly 48hrs Later, Why Hasn’t Tinubu Congratulated Senegalese President-elect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.