Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:48 PM

FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation (33981 Views)

FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation / Fuel Subsidy: Students, Workers Resort To Bicycles In Maiduguri / Ukai Udeme Gives Bicycles, Palm Wine Tapping Items To Villagers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by seguno2: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

true, it will drop the road crash incidence but sadly, also RAISE THE BICYCLE CRASH INCIDENCE!!!!

let that foolish dude LEAD BY EXAMPLE and cycle to work everyday.

Exactly. Well said bro.

He and other politicians should stop being hypocrite dictators, who tell us what to do instead of doing it for us to emulate.
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Monday60655(m): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2023
Hope he came with bicycle and not luxurious SUV car. Wicked rulers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by plaindealer: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2023
This is why I always laugh when ipoba6 post pictures of foreigners and one foreign president riding bycicle and mocking Nigerians for not riding bycicle when in fact the same clowns in Nigeria won't ride bycicle..

They just pick all kind of rubbish on the2 internet to rubbish Nigeria with..

If you like, ride bycicle and if you no like, waka from here reach nnewi, na ya problem..

God bless President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. GCFR
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Sunnymatey(m): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2023
The same govt that ban motor cycle is now promoting a more dangerous means of transportation.
Confuse govt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by seguno2: 11:59am On Jul 28, 2023
okosodo:
So that they will leave vehicles for him and members of his cabinet

You dey mind this one with his expired scam format.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by ehemwhy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
I should ride bicycle from Gowon Estate to Yaba and back everyday ? No be die be that ?

3 Likes

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by popesco123: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Dead brains with Dead ideas cajoling their brain dead supporters.
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by emmakiller: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
However, I can provide some general<a href" https://cpsandtypingtest.com/speed-roller-checker/"> information</a> about the topic. It is not uncommon for governments to encourage the use of bicycles for transportation as part of their efforts to promote sustainable and eco-friendly modes of travel. Bicycle commuting has several advantages, including reducing traffic congestion, lowering carbon emissions, improving public health, and saving on transportation costs.

Governments may offer incentives, create bike-friendly infrastructure, or run awareness campaigns to encourage people to use bicycles for their daily commute. By doing so, they aim to address various issues, including environmental concerns, public health challenges, and transportation-related problems.

If you are interested in the specific details of the article you mentioned about the Nigerian government urging its citizens to consider bicycles for transportation, I recommend searching for the article directly on the Nairaland website or checking for the latest news on reputable news platforms.
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Thomasankara(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
[/color]na like this craze dey start,e remain make Dem tell us to dey use lantern, in order to save cost on petroleum[color=#770077]
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/fg-urges-nigerians-to-consider-bicycles-for-transportation/
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by AreaFada2: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Kukutente23:
So APC's big plan is to take Nigeria back to the early forties and turn Nigerians to village headmasters and newspaper merchants of those days.
Chai!! Who brought this on us?

Sense nor go kee these politicians. So that their 40-car convoys can whiz past without plebs blocking the roads with their keke Napep, danfos, corrolas and micras. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just wait, some of these politicians will soon tell us that cars and buses are not for the poor.

These politicians must have killed the babalawo wey do okpor for them. If not, the masses for don get sense since. But no.

The mumurity of the massess nor get remedy. shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by SeriouslySense(m): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
grin grin grin truly brainless and _______ let me not say cheesy cheesy cheesy

Time will tell they say.
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Aladdin1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
Wicked government! bicycle kill una!.

1 Like

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by descarado: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
MarketDispatch:

This guy wants to kill Nigerians...that was how a Minister wearing Babariga introduced Bicycles back in the days...on the Ministers first Bicycle ride to launch it, breeze from a passing Trailer flung him into the bush ..that was the last time the Minister mentioned anything Bicycle again...

In saner climes they created Bicycle lanes to be different from vehicle lanes.
cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Ikpunnegi01: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
Says by a mofo that can't ride a bicycle. Why not lead as an example?
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by SeriouslySense(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2023
O o, that was nice, to be flushed by the trailer's wind. Let the ministers ride the road with trailer's first.

MarketDispatch:

This guy wants to kill Nigerians...that was how a Minister wearing Babariga introduced Bicycles back in the days...on the Ministers first Bicycle ride to launch it, breeze from a passing Trailer flung him into the bush ..that was the last time the Minister mentioned anything Bicycle again...

In saner climes they created Bicycle lanes to be different from vehicle lanes.
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by ehikwe22: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2023
They should start by building cycle lanes and start riding bicycles to work in 30 to 40°c temperature. These people are really really wicked
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by ofuonyebi: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2023
This is to say that there would be many broken legs at Arogun (bone repairs) homes..

govt would also have to consider as an alternative to pit up such hospitals before it is too late
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by koolaid87: 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2023
Na only an aboki fit say that nonsense
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Tendd: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
Excellent!IThis is a blessing.lt is time we begin to take our health and wellness seriously by walking and biking.Nigerians both home and abroad are generally overweight and hope we embrace this new development.
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Subonbon(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2023
inoki247:
Dead body go surplus people wey Neva eat well make dem start to ride Bicycle on which road....
i swear
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by swaggerjack: 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
successmatters:
Let them lead by example, the old druggie shoud ride from his house to Aso Rock for a month, let's see how his spinal cord will twist 😀

Someone is riding a bulletproof SUV and still advising you to ride bicycle?

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Impregnablefolk: 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
On top which road? For those of you considering this option be rest assured to have a bumpy ride.

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by deji17: 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
Where is the bike lane / sidewalk?
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Blackdisciple(m): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
Useless government so I should ride bicycle from Ajah to v.i...

Now tell me why what military is doing within west Africa countries is wrong...
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by lexy2014: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2023
Has the man talking started using bicycle?

Has his family started using bicycle?

Will Tinubu put aside his long convoy and start riding bicycles?

Would nigerians also consider bicycles when embarking on interstate travels?
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by lexy2014: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2023
Tendd:
Excellent!IThis is a blessing.lt is time we begin to take our health and wellness seriously by walking and biking.Nigerians both home and abroad are generally overweight and hope we embrace this new development.

How do you know that "Nigerians both home and abroad are generally overweight"?

Why haven't u adopted use of bicycle all this while?

Has the person that gave the advice started using bicycle?

Will Tinubu, his ministers, governors and of the national assembly use bicycles?

Will the service chiefs use bicycles?

Abi they don't love their health?

1 Like

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by DeOTR: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2023
No be pesin wey belle full dey ride bicycle? Bicycle fuel na blood o. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by meobizy(f): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
The more bicycles on Lagos roads will lead to a cleaner Lagos. Please, carry deodorant with you. I know how many of you people smell like unwashed goats.

1 Like

Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by breezeng: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
I think our leader will live by example. If our president does it, then we will follow, afterall Joe Biden rides bicycle. Do they realize that cycling is not meant for the aged. What are the program for this class of people. Living to a ripe age is no guaranteed in my country. Quite unfortunate
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by Mummyfour(f): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

Watch how their underfed supporters will carry and run with it... That the nation needs to lose weight for health purposes, that this administration cares so much for our health.

Na so mechanics go lose businesses...!
you really have the blue print and the manual of how they were manufactured. That is exactly how they are wired
I keep asking myself what amount of money and how much love for my tribal person would make me oppose the truth and support the suffering of the masses.
Bolt drivers are giving up their cars.
Ordinary taxi drivers can not make ends meet because its like they are just working for fueling stations and because people don't even go out again.
Mechanics are already complaining.
And to think that it is the same our youth that should ginger and see how all these are put to a stop that are the same people that support these clueless old ancestors is what even bothers me the more
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by 1Sharon(f): 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2023
Where are the cyclists paths in Nigeria??
Re: FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation by RealEzee(m): 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
grin nobody to defend apc in page 1 abi dem neva wake ni

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's TEDx Talk On Restructuring, Everyone Is Talking About / Joe Igbokwe To Osinbajo: Show Respect And Withdraw From Presidential Race Now / Throwback: Sani Abacha At His Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.