Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery (53729 Views)

After 14 Years Of Infertility, Man Loses His Wife And Child During Delivery / Man Divorces Wife And Marries The Maid In Zambia (Photos) / Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Islie: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
A man in Katsina State has reportedly divorced his 14-year old house wife for allowing a male medical practioner attend to her while giving birth to his baby.

The teenage mother, who was divorced by the husband, was said to have had a complicated child birth, resulting to being rushed to the hospital where there was no female medical practioner on ground to attend to her. As a result, the only male medical practioner available attended to her during labour, a development that led to the crash of her marriage.

Although the lady was said to have given birth successfully, her husband’s joy was cut short when he rushed to the hospital to realize that the medical practitioner that attended to the wife during labour was a male. Peeved by the development, he subsequently divorced the wife.

The Executive Director of Nana Women and Girls Empowerment Initiative, Dr. Fatima Adamu, who disclosed this, Thursday, in Abuja, while speaking as a keynote speaker at the Human Resources for Health Production Dialogue, appealed to governments, especially state governments to ensure there was equity in the recruitment and deployment of medical personnel to rural communities.

The event which was organised with a view to revolutionizing the country’s healthcare system, had stakeholders calling for accountability and prudence in healthcare training institutions.

Adamu, who has over 15 years of engaging and advocating for increase in production of nurses and midwives in the country, insisted that governments, especially state governments need to take up the responsibility to produce their own health workers as according to her,”there is no short cut about it.”

“A 14- year old Fulani girl in Katsina State,she delivered and had difficulty with delivery, so we had to take her to the hospital and after the delivery, the husband divorced her because she was attended by a man. This young girl was divorced all because she was attended by a man during delivery,”she lamented.

The women’s rights activist lamented that Nigeria was producing medical doctors far below its need.

“There is shortage of health workers despite the production.We are producing health workers far below our need. Our average population growth is 3.2 , but our annual production of nurses and midwives is 2.6,so definitely,there is gap. That is the latest data available that could be accessed,”she added.

Also speaking,Mr. Paul McDermott, Director of USAID/Nigeria HPN Office, represented by
Mieko mickay, recognizing the pivotal role of students and tutors,also encouraged them to foster positive behaviors that promote a culture of supportive and collaborative learning.

On his part, the Country Director of USAID Health Workforce Management,HWM, Dr. Andy Omoluabi, stressed the critical role that human resources for health play in strengthening the country’s healthcare system, especially primary health care workers such as nurses, midwives, and community health extension workers.

According to him, despite the evident importance of these healthcare workers, Nigeria faces numerous challenges in producing enough skilled personnel, particularly at the primary health care level.

He said:”Some of the identified key challenges, include shortages of qualified tutors and trainers, inadequate learning environments, and difficulties with adapting and delivering training curricula, despite revisions made in collaboration with regulatory bodies.”

One of the most pressing concerns highlighted during the event was the alarming burden of maternal and child mortality in Nigeria. Shockingly, Nigeria shoulders over 34% of the global burden of maternal death and has become the world’s highest contributor to deaths among children under five years.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/man-divorces-wife-for-allowing-male-doctor-attend-to-her-during-delivery/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by talented321: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
That toto wey you dey die for'' they buy motor, pay pride price and vice versa
Ur doctor go do that toto anyhow' sometimes go put his full hand inside'' sometimes they finger her'' sometimes put sharp objects inside and sometimes put his head inside all in the name of delivery'' then after every thing u are the one to pay him for disorganizing your woman s pussssssy''
Stop doing like toto will solve any problem for u.
'''With My INNOCENT Loud''

164 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Mindlog: 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2023
They see nothing wrong in their daughters being teenage wives and still expect to have female doctors to attend to their females!

665 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
The girl was actually 14-years old? So at 14, she is now divorced and with child? shocked

“A 14- year old Fulani girl in Katsina State,she delivered and had difficulty with delivery, so we had to take her to the hospital and after the delivery, the husband divorced her because she was attended by a man. This young girl was divorced all because she was attended by a man during delivery,”she lamented.

The women’s rights activist lamented that Nigeria was producing medical doctors far below its need.

“There is shortage of health workers despite the production.We are producing health workers far below our need. Our average population growth is 3.2 , but our annual production of nurses and midwives is 2.6,so definitely,there is gap. That is the latest data available that could be accessed,”she added.
Shortage of medical workers? And this is an activist for women’s rights? I am speechless here. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

202 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by jaeyking(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
shocked
Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Treepower2000: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Mindlog:
They see nothing wrong in their daughters being teenage wives and still expect to have female doctors to attend to their females!

Imagine the irony.
And divorcing a teenager for being attended to by a male doctor.

208 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by bukatyne(f): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Mindlog:

Not excusing them but the teenage wife can go to school after childbirth. That's what most of the notable Northern women did.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by bukatyne(f): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/man-divorces-wife-for-allowing-male-doctor-attend-to-her-during-delivery/

Nlfpmod

14yrs is too young to have a baby.

I hope she doesn't have VVF and other complications in future. In the interim, the women advocate should care for the mother & child and enable her to continue her schooling or any trade of choice.

Their religion has stipulations on divorce though I doubt a male doctor attending to a wife is part of it.

I think she and her family should see the light in the situation: she is free from the clutches of a mad man who would marry a 12 - 13yr old.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by jmoore(m): 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
I4 years? Which backwardness be this?

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Jesse6(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
This is one thing I have been facing as a Community Nurse, The part of the country where I live people around won't let you associate with a female patient especially during labour even in emergency cases. It's quite really unfortunate tbh

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Mindlog: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
bukatyne:

Not excusing them but the teenage wife can go to school after childbirth. That's what most of the notable Northern women did.

The percentage that get back to the education pathway (many of the adolescent brides didn't make it past the primary level of education) is very insignificant in comparison to those that don't.

Realistically, at age 20 with 3 children.....there is little or no motivation to re-engage in formal western education though they may have a chance at that, if they are married to men are financially comfortable and liberal enough to get her back to school while making provisions for those who would help her care for the children,

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by bukatyne(f): 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Mindlog:

The percentage that get back to the education pathway (many of the adolescent brides didn't make it past the primary level of education) is very insignificant in comparison to those that don't.

Realistically, at age 20 with 3 children.....there is little or no motivation to re-engage in formal western education though they may have a chance at that, if they are married to men are financially comfortable and liberal enough to get her back to school while making provisions for those who would help her care for the children,

You have a solid point.

29 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
Jesse6:
This is one thing I have been facing as a Community Nurse, The part of the country where I live people around won't let you associate with a female patient especially during labour even in emergency cases. It's quite really unfortunate tbh

What are they afraid of?

And isn't the life of the mother & child very important to them?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by cococandy(f): 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
What happens when you place the need to be rigid over common sense and common good. I’m guessing she should have chosen death over the possibility of another man seeing her naked

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by cococandy(f): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2023
That’s all you got out of this?
talented321:
That toto wey you dey die for'' they buy motor, pay pride price and vice versa
Ur doctor go do that toto anyhow' sometimes go put his full hand inside'' sometimes they finger her'' sometimes put sharp objects inside and sometimes put his head inside all in the name of delivery'' then after every thing u are the one to pay him for disorganizing your woman s pussssssy''
Stop doing like toto will solve any problem for u.
'''With My INNOCENT Loud''

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by talented321: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
lol'' make i go kill myself ?
cococandy:
That’s all you got out of this?

9 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by pretydiva(f): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
How can you even get married to a 14 year old girl to start with? These northerners sef undecided So you rather she dies than for her to be attended to by a male doctor undecided . What a myopic mentality

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by GboyegaD(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
When a parent gives out their daughter like some piece of toy that could be gotten from a general store, what do they expect? The man who stooped so low to marry a 14-year-old girl shows he was only after his sexual gratification and had no good plan whatsoever for the girl. The reason why who delivered her baby is more important to him than the life of his wife and the child.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Jesse6(m): 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
I just don't know brr
Although I have been sensitizing some lately but still that mentality is still there
bukatyne:

What are they afraid of?

And isn't the life of the mother & child very important to them?
Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by revived2: 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
Bizarre

Things dae sup for this life

1 Like

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Kenmatt(m): 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
That man is jealous like me.

But too jealous more than me.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Hezzyluv: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Before I opened the thread, I had already knew that this can only happen with northern Muslim. undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by oluwaseyi0: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
how is fucking and impregnating a 14 years old not blasphemy

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
Honestly I'll prefer a female doctor, I don't think I can ever stand a male doctor touching me all in the name of delivery , I'll arrange everything, I can't ooooooo. The girl is even underage

6 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Anny69: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
Before I opened the thread I knew it happened in the North. undecided

14 year old? cry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by xristos(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
E don be
Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by JealousCobra(m): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2023
Northerners, groups of people living with primordial brains mostly from the NE and NW regions 😎

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery by Treasure17(m): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2023
E be things. All these barbaric mentality that add nothing to humanity

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude / Dr Penking Receives Death Threats Over DNA Laboratory Opening In Lekki / Two Female Deeper Life Members Battle Over Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.