Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover (981 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You / When A Girl Is Saying No But Her Actions Is Saying Yes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Orikinla(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
I am happier when a girl is my friend than when she is my lover. Because it she will not disturb my freedom or monopolize me. Once a girl begins to sleep with you, she begins to occupy more space and time in your life. The Nigerian girlfriend will claim the right to make midnight calls and interrupt your sleep and if you ignore her, she will accuse you of not loving her enough or even accuses you of having another girlfriend. She will frown at you going anywhere with another girl. She will claim the right to harass you for sex even when you are too busy or not in the mood. She will claim a right to be included in your budget. Then she believes that whatever good you do for her is BECAUSE SHE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND! But if she is only your good friend she will not trouble with all the claims and wants I noted. Once you are nice to a Nigerian girl, she thinks you want a relationship. You give her a gift or lump sump of money for shopping and she assumes she is your "wifey". Can't we just be FRIENDS without FORKING and still be HAPPY. Again, sometimes sex can be messy and we have to wash the bed-clothes after sex and I always bathe after sex.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by GB102(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Ranoscky(m): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ok.

Next!
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by r231(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2011
undecided
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by pendo89(f): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
is it so hard to define a relationship right from the word go? A guy should be able to discern whom they want to have a platonic relationship with.
make it clear from day 1 so that you relate with a clear conscience without guilt.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by bekay911(f): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2011
can a guy be this simple and straightforward and casual? Impossible.most guys r jst interested in sleepn wt u weda u r a friend, acquitance. Wateva dts gud 4 d goose is gud 4 d gander and goosling as well!!!!!! Do not do to odas wat u dnt want dem to do to u
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
pendo89:

is it so hard to define a relationship right from the word go? A guy should be able to discern whom they want to have a platonic relationship with.
make it clear from day 1 so that you relate with a clear conscience without guilt.
cheesy
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Orikinla(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
Like a girlfriend saying it is a duty to pamper her. Then she got angry when I refused to let her interrupt a business meeting. If you bought a gift for your sister, she would ask for her own too. Or this line: "Oh, why can't I flash you? Am I not your girlfriend?". So, because she is a girlfriend, she can flash you as many times as she wants? Is that not childish for a working class lady? Again, I hate  adults flashing me! Send a text message instead.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Pennywise(m): 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
bekay911:

can a guy be this simple and straightforward and casual? Impossible.most guys r jst interested in sleepn wt u weda u r a friend, acquitance. Wateva dts gud 4 d goose is gud 4 d gander and goosling as well!!!!!! Do not do to odas wat u dnt want dem to do to u
At least you know what to expect and where u stand. U know how to handle situations better. With Orikinla you will never know. You have been disarmed even b4 the first shot is fired leaving u completely out of control. Have u heard of sympathy sex? I guess not until you fall victim. Actually much commoner than most peeps think.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by MMM2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2011
me am happy when a girl is my S E X mate undecided
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Orikinla(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
Pennywise:

At least you know what to expect and where u stand. U know how to handle situations better. With Orikinla you will never know. You have been disarmed even b4 the first shot is fired leaving u completely out of control. Have u heard of sympathy sex? I guess not until you fall victim. Actually much commoner than most peeps think.
Chineke! With Orikinla, you never know? Have you ever been with me before? Abi, you dey see vision? Olorun gbami o. Orikinla is straight forward 24/7.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Pennywise(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2011
Having a platonic relationship (as it is called) among heterosexuals is unrealistic in our environment. Even in western cultures such rels cross the line sometimes esp when one partner is in need of emotional support. To start with, u cannot convince any one that u both dont have sth going on, no matter how much u deny it. For this reason u (she as well) are already paying a price for sth u have not even bargained for. This 'rel' will cause pain in unintended places. Let her be if u have no real emotional bonding towards her.

See ya.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Orikinla(m): 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
I prefer girls who are Tom Boys and who will just hang out and we just have fun as good friends and we don't owe or own each other. We are cheerful and share whatever we want to share in friendship. I have a female friend like that. Dorothy, whom I have known for over 20 years now and no sex and I am so happy with her. I can even do more favours for her than my girlfriend. That's true friendship. I have more female friends like that than male friends. One of them even tells my girlfriend to take care of me and calls herself my small mummy. She comes around and comforts me when I am tired and we appreciate our friendship. Is that not beautiful? Having sex may spoil the whole fun.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by bekay911(f): 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
one thing wit guys is dat dey want a run 4 der money once he spends on u be it wateva or who eva u r dey xpct sumtn in return.D c it mandatory dat u must reciprocate der kind gesture towards u dat is y a guy cant keep a platonic frend as long as he spends on her
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by bimbo2006: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
@poster,most you post here cos your just too dumb!
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
@OP!

Good for you then!. . . . Clap for ya self!. . . wink
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by joudini(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
Kinda agree with ya poster. Some girls could be so emotionally shallow that when you do a little thing for them, they look at a bigger picture:is he trynna hump me? Date me? etc throwing up so much emotional tantrum they sound worse than a baby who just had a candy snatched.

The real work l think, lies in convincing your spooky friends that the last time you guys were alone in your house, nothing happened.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by lilkech(m): 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
if i am searching for a babe to have a platonic relationship with then i will go for the REALLY VERY UGLY AND WORWOR TYPES. at least the temptation will be at a minimal and other girls will think that she is trying to hook me by fire by force.
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 10, 2011
I hate those relationships that form by things being thrown in the air. Both parties confused not really knowing how to define their relationship with the other person and not having set CLEAR boundaries,
like "if it's 12 midnight, it means don't call me. If u do I WILL ignore you. Fact. Now come 'ere beautiful.  grin"   angry
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by Wizkhalifa2(m): 2:03am On Oct 10, 2011
DUDE I AGREE WIV U,AD A GF DAT WNTD ME 2 KAL HER EVRY 9T, EVEN ON SATURDAY 9T KNWNG VWI WELL DAT I AD TO GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY, I GOT BORED ND STARTD SWITCHING OFF MY FNE, I NEVA EVEN ASKED HER 4 SEX, BUH SHE ASKED ME 4 A Bb, I BROKE UP WIV HER, SHE SCREAMD ND CRIED SAYING SHE DOESNT WNT D BB AGN, Lmao!!
Re: I Am Happier When A Girl Is My Friend Than As My Lover by IZUKWU(m): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2011
bekay911:

one thing wit guys is dat dey want a run 4 der money once he spends on u be it wateva or who eva u r dey xpct sumtn in return.D c it mandatory dat u must reciprocate der kind gesture towards u dat is y a guy cant keep a platonic frend as long as he spends on her
then, don't allow him to spend much on you or kind of return the favour when he does. Wouldn't mind such a mutual relationship.

(1) (Reply)

Na Wa Y 9ja Girls Too Like Money? Sorry Oooooooo / what shud i do / Good Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.