Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,269 members, 7,860,628 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home (22751 Views)

Heavy Security Presence As Gov Yusuf, Emir Sanusi Remain At Palace / Heavy Security Presence At APC National Secretariat In Abuja / Members Of PDP Zoning Committe Arrive Enugu Ahead Of National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Angelfrost(m): 9:07am On Jul 31, 2023
ivolt:

Don't kid yourself.
Nobody will sit at home for 2 weeks.
At least not the responsible ones.

Not even the extremely lazy and irresponsible ones will sit inside a house for 2 weeks... Say wetin happen?!!

Even during the Civil war, no one did that.

Even the idiot in Finland along with his morons on social media know it's not feasible... They just want to catch cruise and feed their propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by popp(m): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2023
Beremx:
Foolish man, this is what he would have done instead of locking up shops of market people because they obeyed sit at home order.
The people locked up their shops because there is no security to protect them if they open their shops and not because they're in solidarity with Simon Ekpa.

You are calling him "foolish" because you're typing on "Nairaland" forum.

If I may ask, do you have a Father? If yes, where is he?

3 Likes

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2023
Abagworo:
The only reasonable way to improve security in the Soitheast is to release Nnamdi Kanu. Others are cosmetic and volatile attempt at finding impossible solution. The problem with Southeast is not supremacy fight over sit at home but rather the insecurity that arose from ENDSARS and arrest of Kanu which gave room for proliferation of arms and Ekpa's relevance. Release Kanu and Ekpa's influence dies same day.

Insecurity became high in SE after endsars while nnamdi kanu was still abroad

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by dododawa1: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2023
Southeast 🤣😂😅😅😅
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by abysirius(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2023
You want a governor to make his people collateral damage.

Try to dey think now..
Pakute:
Until i see tucano jets pissing on those terrorists and their sympathisers, i won't take SE seriously.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Bijust: 9:18am On Jul 31, 2023
pineed:

What do you people actually want, eh?.. Governor doesn't provide security you were complaining.. now he's providing security you're still complaining!

Truly some of you don't want peace & end to Sit-at-home in south east.
People want assurance not scaring them with security operatives..

This same security were responsible for the murders of some traders days back, what message did they send with that?
It's always easy to type from the phone..

Will you entrust ur live to a security operative that just killed a Friend, colleague or even an associate to protect you..
The governor started on the wrong note and it will take a lot of time for people to trust his efforts with the security provisions..

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by computer0810(m): 9:26am On Jul 31, 2023
RoxyBrownAutos:
Deploying armoured vehicles in the street of Enugu will help people sit at home for fear of being killed by security agents.

What do u ppl really want.....if there's no security u complain, if u see security u still complain.....na why una no progress

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by pedro4hope(m): 9:28am On Jul 31, 2023
I hope the security agencies are also present in all the interior/rural settlements??
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by patrickmuf(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2023
RoxyBrownAutos:
Deploying armoured vehicles in the street of Enugu will help people sit at home for fear of being killed by security agents.
Shut up!
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Emola12(m): 9:33am On Jul 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Some of you just talk carelessly.

Why should tucano fighter jets be flying around civilian airspace when the country is not at war or in a state of emergency?

How many of the said jets have hovered in the North East civilian airspace through the over 10years of terrorism and insurgency that have plagued the region?
lol....you suppose know our tribe handwriting nah awon Yoruba ronu
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by wink2015(m): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2023
Governor Mbah of Enugu state is playing with fire.

He might be hit at his weakest point.

Governor Mbah just need to be careful with the IPOB people.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Mrice22: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author=Pakute post=124769468]Until i see tucano jets pissing on those terrorists and their sympathisers, i won't take SE seriously.
Talk an cheap for you..
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Akalia(m): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2023
okeysoninv:
Nwanne we are happy for our Governor. Any terrorist that put head in Enugu now will meet his creator. God bless Peter Mba.
Amen
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by BoldBrainz(m): 9:42am On Jul 31, 2023
Akalia:
Yes, the jets showing up in the sky over enugu will have some psychological hit on miscreants looking to cause menace.
I am in enugu and I like the way Peter mbah is using his executive powers to assert himself as the CSO of the state. In such I just came home from work now and on my way home I saw beefed up security in almost any angle I looked.

Any criminal that has mind can come test power. Fools.

Only reason some of you can be confident enough to even contemplate the idea of fighter jets hovering civilian airspaces is because the Nigerian system has largely abused the essence of the armed forces.

A society where soldiers aimlessly roam the streets and meddle in civilian disputes that are constitutionally within the working purview of the Police force, is enough yardstick for the citizens to be misinformed enough to believe the air force should fly jets in a region that is experiencing security challenges being perpetrated by ordinary hoodlums.

So this comes as no surprise.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by EmeraldEmperor(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2023
Those Useless Security are Creating Terrible Traffic Jam
They Should be patrolling
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Kam2021: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2023
The Wike of the East..carry go.Others are now sitting up. The people's governor.
Anybody that wants to be prime minister should come and let his people always see him.
MNK has spoken..prime minister obey

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by BoldBrainz(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2023
jumper524:
so failure in the north is your yardstick to determine your own progress. FYI, multiple times tucano jets have hovered the north east, northwest region. Even recently they bombed bandits in nasarawa state.

The Airforce has no business flying fighter jets in the South East. The security challenges there can comfortably be handled by the Nigerian Police if Nigeria were a working country.

Let's stop attaching sentiments to these things.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by BoldBrainz(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2023
SmartyPants:

What are you saying? in the North East and North West the airforce is extremely active. You are talking about Tucanos meanwhile much more sophisticated aircraft are being used daily in that theatre.

The North East has been under seige by terrorists and insurgents who have camps in various forests. It is understandable if the airforce puts up a strong showing over there.

There is nothing happening in the South East to warrant the intervention of the Airforce. The police can comfortably handle the challenges, it they possess the will and requisite government directives.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Bullionaire: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Some of you just talk carelessly.

Why should tucano fighter jets be flying around civilian airspace when the country is not at war or in a state of emergency?

How many of the said jets have hovered in the North East civilian airspace through the over 10years of terrorism and insurgency that have plagued the region?
Don't mind the idiot.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Alexiiydon: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2023
001Lagos:
This Mbah is getting it right with the way he's tackling Simon ekpa and his terrorist cult menace in south east

Nice one Mr Governor
werey you said that because of likes useless ipob and obiDENCE
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by fred04(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2023
The presence of armed security personnel's on the road will even make many people not to come out at all.
Nigerian armed forces kills innocent people same way as the UGM.
Flying bullet no dey see road to see who be innocent.

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by warlordd(m): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2023
Beremx:
Foolish man, this is what he would have done instead of locking up shops of market people because they obeyed sit at home order.
The people locked up their shops because there is no security to protect them if they open their shops and not because they're in solidarity with Simon Ekpa.

Nwokem, jee zue ike! Govt has the right to lock up Ogbete and other markets built by the govt and the ones built by individuals.

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by kokorokoman: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2023
Beremx:
but the esterners said sit at home is voluntary, they say it every time here on nairaland and Facebook, Twitter and everywhere.
Is voluntarily sit at home not same as solidarity?

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2023
Pakute:
Until i see tucano jets pissing on those terrorists and their sympathisers, i won't take SE seriously.
IBB once said when lousy foolish yaribah man like you beats the drum of war while he sleeps well, he keeps sleeping.

So when did agitation for release of a political prisoner become terrorism?

When did a request for plebiscite become terrorism?

When did civil disorder using sit at home become terrorism?

Kiddo... go and learn history and stop using your Chinese phone to type trash.

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by hammerT: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2023
WHEN BIAFRA ARMY HIT THOSE VEHICLES, THEY WILL KNOW THAT IS NOT A TANK. grin grin grin grin

ANYBODY STILL INSIDE NA BYE, BYE...
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Abagworo(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2023
okeysoninv:
Who will released those killed by Nnamdi kanu. They deserve justice. Say no to injustice.

I am not aware of anyone killed by Kanu but rather allegedly killed by his supporters. Kanu is a symbol in Igboland beyond Southeast and even among other ethnicities in South-south of Nigeria. Government made a hero out of him at very early stage to an extent that he is now a symbol of freedom fight more influential than the supposed Igbo leaders and politicians. I have always maintained that Nigerians should be one and love one another to an extent that some people think I'm anti-Igbo but I have never believed division is a solution to shared problems. It is best to unite and face the problems together but Nnamdi Kanu belongs to the school of thought that independent Biafra will be better than a united Nigeria. I am opposite of his belief but then I believe in freedom and equity as the best approach to peaceful coexistence not selective justice or persecution. Just like Asari, MC Oluomo and Oba of Lagos are walking free so should Kanu cause they even committed worse
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by kokorokoman: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Only reason some of you can be confident enough to even contemplate the idea of fighter jets hovering civilian airspaces is because the Nigerian system has largely abused the essence of the armed forces.

A society where soldiers aimlessly roam the streets and meddle in civilian disputes that are constitutionally within the working purview of the Police force, is enough yardstick for the citizens to be misinformed enough to believe the air force should fly jets in a region that is experiencing security challenges being perpetrated by ordinary hoodlums.

So this comes as no surprise.
so you believe the police alone can handle terrorists.
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by warlordd(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2023
pineed:

What do you people actually want, eh?.. Governor doesn't provide security you were complaining.. now he's providing security you're still complaining!

Truly some of you don't want peace & end to Sit-at-home in south east.

Don't mind the !d!ots. Most of them blaming the governor are Ipob criminals who use the sit at home to steal.

2 Likes

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Abagworo(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2023
slimthugchimee2:

Insecurity became high in SE after endsars while nnamdi kanu was still abroad

That's my point. Arms flew around from looting of Police armoury which created the pathway to insecurity but arrest of Nnamdi Kanu created "sit at home" and emergence of Simon Ekpa.
Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by kokorokoman: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2023
Abagworo:

I am not aware of anyone killed by Kanu but rather allegedly killed by his supporters. Kanu is a symbol in Igboland beyond Southeast and even among other ethnicities in South-south of Nigeria. Government made a hero out of him at very early stage to an extent that he is now a symbol of freedom fight more influential than the supposed Igbo leaders and politicians. I have always maintained that Nigerians should be one and love one another to an extent that some people think I'm anti-Igbo but I have never believed division is a solution to shared problems. It is best to unite and face the problems together but Nnamdi Kanu belongs to the school of thought that independent Biafra will be better than a united Nigeria. I am opposite of his belief but then I believe in freedom and equity as the best approach to peaceful coexistence not selective justice or persecution. Just like Asari, MC Oluomo and Oba of Lagos are walking free so should Kanu cause they even committed worse
kanu is a leader of a terrosit organization and saying that he didn't kill anybody but his followers did sounds too childish abeg, it's like saying Osama didn't kill anybody but his followers did, it's like saying buhari was not curropt but his ministers were.
And comparing kanu that gave an order for a sitting president to be captured by his boys in 2020 to Mc oluomo is another talk for another day.

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by Solsix(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2023
ivolt:

Don't kid yourself.
Nobody will sit at home for 2 weeks.
At least not the responsible ones.
He's channelling his energy in the wrong direction. How are other south East governor's tackling the menace. Soludo initially tackled the problem this way and even threatened to close up businesses, but he has learned from experience. The money he's spending in paying this securities would have fixed some road, that will help reassure peoples confidence in his government.

1 Like

Re: Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home by kokorokoman: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2023
Abagworo:

That's my point. Arms flew around from looting of Police armoury which created the pathway to insecurity but arrest of Nnamdi Kanu created "sit at home" and emergence of Simon Ekpa.
for the records, kanu started the looting of police armory, the first sit at home in the East was declared by kanu himself, he gave kids manchine guns to start wasting lives, declared the "zoo" arm forces enemy of the people, it is on records that more army checkpoints, police stations were attacked and innocent people killed under his watch and orders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Sending Arms To Nigeria – Punch Report / Dapo Abiodun Abandons Amosun's Multimillion-Naira Model School, Ago-Iwoye / Disquiet In APC As Two Members Of Presidential Campaign Council Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.