Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Nigeria Will Be Better If We Shoot Some People – Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Better If We Shoot Some People – Junaid Mohammed (1238 Views)

Let Biafrans Go – Dr Junaid Mohammed (the Sun) / Obasanjo Once Beat-up Okupe For Dishonesty - Junaid Mohamed / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be Better If We Shoot Some People – Junaid Mohammed by aloyemeka1: 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2011
[size=14pt]NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER IF WE SHOOT SOME PEOPLE – JUNAID MOHAMMED[/size]
Written by CooljoeNewsOct 8, 2011

Nigeria will be better if we shoot some people – Junaid Mohammed
From ISMAIL OMIPIDAN, Kaduna
Saturday October 08, 2011
Russian trained medical doctor, Junaid Mohammed is one of the very few fearless northern politicians around. He speaks his mind without minding whose ox is gored. In this exclusive interview with Saturday Sun last Saturday, in Kano, he disclosed that even though the late President Umar Musa Yar’Adua was not his idea of a Nigerian president, he was “10 million times” better than President Goodluck Jonathan. He said that Jonathan is not fit to govern Nigeria.
While insisting that Nigeria was overdue for a revolution, Mohammed said: “Am not sure Nigerians will be happy with what I have to say, but I will say it nonetheless. The way and manner this government cowardly refused to celebrate our independence anniversary is a massive and disgraceful climb-down. It is, in fact, a submission to evil and to darkness; it is also an admission by them that they are not fit to do the job. They are not fit to lead this country, because I remember that even at the height of the civil war, from 1967 to 1970, Nigeria never missed the opportunity of celebrating its own national anniversary, because it is like a birthday to us.
“Even if you don’t celebrate with funfare, you celebrate it with prayers. This is a disgraceful regime, a disgraceful presidency, a disgraceful government brought about by a disgraceful party. May God shorten their stay and may God shorten the agony of the people of Nigeria. I urge Nigerians to pray for deliverance from God and to allow this country to restore itself, restore its honour and occupy its own position in the comity of nations. That is all I can say. But I see no hope of peace in this country, as long as this government, this INEC; this security service is in charge of our destiny. May God disband them and the sooner, the better!”
He also spoke on other issues of national interest, including the move to bring back Gusau, as national security adviser (NSA).
Did you, by chance, listen to the President’s October 1 speech?
No; I didn’t bother.
Why not?
It’s owing to a number of reasons. One, you have to believe in the legitimacy of a government and a leader before you really spare time to listen to what he has to say. If you believe, as I do, that this government is entirely illegitimate, as it came as a result of rigging and massive abuse of power by the party, the PDP, and the security services, you will know that this man, who is president today, and the man he succeeded as well as the one his predecessor succeeded have no business to be in government and that is why I did not bother to listen to his speech.

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/?p=96211

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Attempt At St. Michael's Catholic Church, D.S.C, Warri / Why I'm Accepting The Offer To Serve - Ribadu / Habeeb Bama, Boko Haram Kingpin Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.