Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,350 members, 7,843,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies (8585 Views)

Photos Of Homeless Woman & Child In Front Of 4 Govt. Agencies In Calabar / NLC Mobilises For Protests Against Fuel Price Hike On Jan. 27th, Feb. 1st / NLC To Embark On Nationwide Protest Against Fuel Hike On January 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by TheOldGods: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2023
BadMaster:
So it is no longer 'market forces'. It's now security agencies extorting them. We are in trouble in this country, there's nothing we will not hear.
soon we will hear that a big shark is swallowing the fuel and there is not enough again
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by NastiLord: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2023
Inexcusable excuses
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by dododawa1: 10:32am On Aug 02, 2023
BUHARI commission DANGOTE
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by Savedday2: 10:33am On Aug 02, 2023
Verily I say unto you, a time will come in this country when the poor will have nothing to eat but to eat the rich for breakfast!
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by worksmart(m): 10:39am On Aug 02, 2023
We thank the gods that these extortions and governmental levies were not permitted during Buhari's administration.
Every day Nigerians are increasingly having renewed appreciation of Buhari and we are only 2 months into Tinubu's tenure!
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by worksmart(m): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2023
Good strategy ,but it is not going to get results quickly enough. A better strategy would be to not buy any fuel until the price drops to below N350/litre

I everybody did this, within one week they would drop the price to N300/litre
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Please this is something we Nigerians should also do

Please ya all should not be too lazy to go to any filling station selling below 617
If we can do this at times it will put pressure and competition on some filling station to continously reduce their price...the difference might be small but it will go a long way to help

Yesterday I was driving my lexus car and I tried to buy fuel and I noticed the first filling station I entered was selling 595...the second one I entered was selling 599 and the third one was selling 600

I went back to the first one to purchase at 595...
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by Godstiger(m): 11:08am On Aug 02, 2023
Dishonest FG
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by KimFlorence: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2023
Penguin2:
Tinubu has carried his extortion and “Owomida” mentality perpetuated by his MC Oluomo and his boys to the federal level and to every sector.

You removed subsidy and you are still collecting multiple levies from these guys.

This is how he generates the IGR that they brag about - by excessive extortion of businesses which kills businesses.

And all these monies will end up getting looting by Seyi Tinubu.🤦

Sha no go carry stroke or mental problems over Tinubu matter
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by Khyrvxjzy: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2023
Islie:

https://leadership.ng/pman-blames-n617-fuel-price-hike-on-security-govt-agencies-extortion-levies/

be like naija never ripe for market determining price maybe make government do am kindergarten way by telling you the price you must sell

whats all this food transporter also pay security na
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by Menclothing: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2023
Ok
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by siremmyt(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2023
Criticism have become our daily bread on tribal, religion and political party issues, if you know, you don't have anything reasonable to say or analysis for public to read and understand, just read and by-pass.
To be in Opposition is very good to analysis and give reasons on particular policy or agenda or not to condemn something that's very positive.
I have noticed some people in this forum, they don't have anything to offer than to abused, curse, call themselves any name they like, criticised in a negative way .
Let us be positive a second in our stakes.
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by WhirlWindx(m): 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
IPMAN or HypeMan or whatever. undecided undecideda cesspool of excuses from 1900 on how and how to permanently solve the myriad of issues in the downstream sector. what happened to the much publicized optimism on national TV on how fuel scarcity will end permanently? grin grin cheesy
..Unpatriotic citizens masquerading as unions everywhere you turn in Nigeria. undecided undecided undecided
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by Kukutente23: 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
“The solution is here, we have been preaching this since last year, the government does not have to do anything new; there is funding at CBN to support this. The only way natural gas can be a substitute is by providing loans for vehicle users.

“If we transit just 10 per cent of the 48 million litres of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) otherwise known as petrol we consume a day to natural gas, it will save Nigerians two billion naira everyday or N730 billion naira every year.

This is what I'm saying. IPMAN has been making recommendations on gas but the incompetent FG is not interested in that because it does not include an avenue to loot.
APC as a party is evil and useless. Far worse than PDP. Instead of investing in CNG market expansion, you remove subsidy which sustains your local economy sending households into a tailspin then you start running around deceiving people with talk of palliative.
Rubbish!!
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by fineboynl(m): 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Please this is something we Nigerians should also do

Please ya all should not be too lazy to go to any filling station selling below 617
If we can do this at times it will put pressure and competition on some filling station to continously reduce their price...the difference might be small but it will go a long way to help

Yesterday I was driving my lexus car and I tried to buy fuel and I noticed the first filling station I entered was selling 595...the second one I entered was selling 599 and the third one was selling 600

I went back to the first one to purchase at 595...
most time it’s not the price but the quantity. Some filling station reduces their price to attract customers and reduce the quantity.
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by obrian888: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
One foolish statement that comes out of the stinky mouth of these our public thieves is "the government means well for the people" you guys meant well for the people and Senator collects 32 million monthly, honorable thieves collects 23 million monthly for doing absolutely nothing, the masses go to the same market like you do, your children school abroad at the expense of tax payers monies, our money while the 80% of the masses cannot even afford a better education at home, you increase petrol that is the life wire of the economy and everything sky rocketed to the roof, and the first thing that came to your mind is to increase your already over bloated salary by 114%, as if that was not enough, you thieves were planning to steal N70B in this present economy. May God punish your entire generation for having the people at heart.
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by handiriwamadi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
Enough of this blame game.our refineries should be fixed. simple as A B C D.
Islie:

https://leadership.ng/pman-blames-n617-fuel-price-hike-on-security-govt-agencies-extortion-levies/
Re: IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies by ivolt: 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2023
Skankamola:
Switchover to CNG is the way to go but...would dangote n co approve?
No, don't try it.
Dangote will arrest you if you switch your generator or vehicle to CNG.
He has spies everywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC / What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? / Under Jonathan, Nigeria Earned N51trillion From Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.