Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,144 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here (10952 Views)

Second Niger Brigde: Night Driving View / Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by vincenteger: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
winner37:

No night bus again ...you know AKTC OR PEACE MASS park abi

Yes but them no Dy run night

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Armani79(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Thomhenry:
A certain night I drove out to get some snacks. I nearly knocked down a bike man because he was coming at me with full halogen bulbs shining directly at me and on my own lane. I couldn't see clearly where he was until he was very close. It was really a close call.

Next time you're in such situation, please try and bring your car to a complete stop to avoid any form of accident.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by vincenteger: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
unbiased2021:

You no get tracker ?

At that point I wasn't even thinking
I was sleeping when she phoned me to come pick her and I left almost immediately
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Oracleee: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
Funny thing this was me Lagos to kano yesterday. Picture was taking at obajana. Road free no be small. I love night trip anytime any day twice on a Sunday. As a fact if I dey travel I prefer leaving around 6pm with lots of suya and few cans of Budweiser for that tipsy feeling.

About experience, I don encounter bad boys no be small for okene lokoja road before obajana help us fix that him road. Another one na day I was enroute akwaibom during lockdown. All those luxurious dey over move for night. One almost hit me commot for road.

5 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by unbiased2021: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
vincenteger:

At that point I wasn't even thinking
I was sleeping when she phoned me to come pick her and I left almost immediately

Some days are like that

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by CorperKola: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
winner37:
Enter night bus from IBADAN to AKWA IBOM you will have experience ...
Pray, good sir
Share more
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by metalgear11(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
Late night driving here in the US is quite common, and I have done many a drive where I get to my destination in the wee hours of the morning. The only downside is the occasional traffic due to road constructions. Most crews do their constructions in the middle of the night.

The one drive that I know really hit me was a day I had to drive from my base to drop my parents up at JFK. Their flight was to depart around midnight. I had a very stressful day at work and by the time we hit the road around 6pm, I was already exhausted. Drove six hours to drop them and headed back immediately. At around 3:30am I started seeing double. At some point I saw myself peering in from outside the car. That's when I knew I had fallen asleep. I jerked awake just in time and found the next service station, where I pulled over to clear my eyes a bit. I managed to get a little shut eye and resumed the journey. Got back at around 6am. I didn't know how I dozed off in the car after parking and I was only woken up around 7:30 when my neighbor knocked on the window with a worried look on his face.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by ruggedtimi(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
Around 10pm I was driving back from Uyo to pH. ..my headlight was poor. I was following this bus bumper to bumper which literally slowed my movement. On our way we saw two fresh dead bodies on the road.

Another day this was within ph, I was driving around 1am when suddenly I saw about four SUV's parked along a lonely road with engine steaming...had to slow down to observe and I saw about 5 guys forming a circle at the junction, I couldn't see what they were holding. It was like a black pot. They saw me but didn't even act like I was there ....I couldn't move pass the road until they finished and zoomed off. Me I just jejely turn my car did one way back followed another route

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
christejames:
I was cruising my Benz leisurely within the campus in the night close to the stadium, listening to some enchanting jams which took away my mind from the present until I was waylayed by some guys. One blocking the road while the other was being furious from behind, I looked at them confused and scared at the same time... Then the other guy asked me to hand my phone to him which I graciously complied undecided after which they let me go embarassed

It was a terrible experience that made me to always be at alert ⚠ whenever I'm on my Benz.

Oops! Did I mention that it my my Legedizz Benz?? grin

Which university is this?

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by christejames(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

Which university is this?

UNN

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by DaRuud(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
I bought my sweet car , Toyota Corolla TS 2005 ,Direct Belgium Manual in 2020. Did all my papers , but because of the stress of changing gears in traffic in Abuja roads during rush hours and to avoid FRSC, Agberos and VIO wahala , I will stay in office till night by 9pm before going home , the road is usually free and sweet to change gears up to gear 5.

Night driving is sweet , but now with the fuel subsidy removal, I dey go house early , cos the road is free

Upcomingdad67:
Late-night driving can indeed be a unique experience, as it often comes with a different atmosphere and potential challenges compared to daytime driving.

Some people find it peaceful and less crowded, while others may feel uneasy due to reduced visibility and the possibility of encountering unexpected situations.

Talking about unexpected situations. What have you encountered as a late night driver that changes your perspective about driving late at night .

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
christejames:

UNN
Exactly I guess it would be tht school. what happened to me too, my fiancee was a pharmacy student then in UNN, then I flew in Nigeria from U.K and to Enugu. Went to Nsukka lodge at golden valley hotel( u fit know am shaa) so I really wanted to see her that night because it was meant to be a surprise visit though chatted her on Facebook where she was exactly, she said marlima but was surprised why I asked. She thought I was still at U.K via Facebook. I boarded a bike but they didn't allowed the bike cross the gate..the security men....I walked inside the campus looking lost because I schooled at Unilag actually. I met a boy in the campus who directed me but didn't tell me that stadium was risky. Omoh, I was pressing my I phone 12 pro max and it was nearly snatched from me at that uncompleted stadium building but one huge fair guy saved me by shouting "thief oh". The guy later took me to the same marlima though I felt like blessing him and gave transferred 50k to his account. I reached marlima to see my bae and didn't see her at first till I chatted again and she said she was sitting at S.u.b but she was surprised asking me what I was using it for besides that guy that saved me at stadium took me to the s.u.b which wasn't far till I saw her sitting on top of the leg of another man, it was night, she didn't see me. I calmly sat down opposite with my newly found friend, we were just observing she and guy because I wanted to be sure until suddenly she stood up with the guy, they hugged and kissed just once. I was mad! I accosted her, she was so shocked that she started crying. Omoh, I was weak to go back to my hotel and I followed my newly found friend to his house at hill top or hill hop...but the place has name like that..not sure of the exact name. I was depressed that night and the guy explained to me to avoid unn pharmacy girls, that they have pride and not submissive with promiscuous lives. Forget that am a man, I cried that night!

9 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Blazadenise(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Night drive is cool and sweet if you a street nigga.... Im more comfortable driving @ night, remember being chase by some guys, i didn't know there mission, has a street vibe Como i off my full light take off, basically cause i was familiar to the route, just keep flashing the full light and keep running,then was driving honda pilot 2007.. The trick of night drive is don't just stop no matter what keep moving

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by BennyDGreat: 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
Samirana360:
Night driving dey sweet oo
I remember when I was doing Uber in Lagos, I only work at night.... Free road, no lastma, no police, no vio, no road safety.
But it's dangerous oo
Can't remember how many times I slept on the road, agbero attack, evil people etc....

Night driving is the best shaa especially in Lagos

Agbero attack?
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Janosky: 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
NwaNimo1:
I won't.....unless for cash upfront.

Odogwu of GIFs & meme on Nairaland.
Nwanne kedu ki mereh?grin grin grin grin

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by BennyDGreat: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
Xwizard:
I can drive any time of the day and night. But recently I preferred not to drive at all anymore except it’s within my estate. The roads are not encouraging.

Btw this pix below still baffles me

What's the best thing to do in this picture you posted?
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by BennyDGreat: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:
Exactly I guess it would be tht school. what happened to me too, my fiancee was a pharmacy student then in UNN, then I flew in Nigeria from U.K and to Enugu. Went to Nsukka lodge at golden valley hotel( u fit know am shaa) so I really wanted to see her that night because it was meant to be a surprise visit though chatted her on Facebook where she was exactly, she said marlima but was surprised why I asked. She thought I was still at U.K via Facebook. I boarded a bike but they didn't allowed the bike cross the gate..the security men....I walked inside the campus looking lost because I schooled at Unilag actually. I met a boy in the campus who directed me but didn't tell me that stadium was risky. Omoh, I was pressing my I phone 12 pro max and it was nearly snatched from me at that uncompleted stadium building but one huge fair guy saved me by shouting "thief oh". The guy later took me to the same marlima though I felt like blessing him and gave transferred 50k to his account. I reached marlima to see my bae and didn't see her at first till I chatted again and she said she was sitting at S.u.b but she was surprised asking me what I was using it for besides that guy that saved me at stadium took me to the s.u.b which wasn't far till I saw her sitting on top of the leg of another man, it was night, she didn't see me. I calmly sat down opposite with my newly found friend, we were just observing she and guy because I wanted to be sure until suddenly she stood up with the guy, they hugged and kissed just once. I was mad! I accosted her, she was so shocked that she started crying. Omoh, I was weak to go back to my hotel and I followed my newly found friend to his house at hill top or hill hop...but the place has name like that..not sure of the exact name. I was depressed that night and the guy explained to me to avoid unn pharmacy girls, that they have pride and not submissive with promiscuous lives. Forget that am a man, I cried that night!

Na wa oh...may God not let us meet the wrong ladies. Too many ladies out there are red flags

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Ogundex(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
christejames:

UNN

Once you mentioned stadium,I knew it is UNN.

Were u trekking towards green gate or ziks flats?

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by pak: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
About 10 years ago.

I had a flat tyre along Gwaram, a town between Bauchi and Gombe.
It was around past 9pm but the roads were already deserted and again, it was during the thick of Boko Haram attacks and kidnappings.

I just got down from the car, and went to stand behind some trees by the road, none of the drivers passing stopped, after about 10 mins, I saw one of this heavy Trailers approaching, so I ran to stand in front, waiving frantically.

Typical nice Hausa people, the boys came down, helped me to fix my spare and I gave them a thank you N1k and we were both on our way

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Ogundex(m): 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

What year was this? Must be recent?
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Samirana360(m): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Agbero attack?
if ur car mistakenly stop anywhere in Lagos u r in trouble

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Na wa oh...may God not let us meet the wrong ladies. Too many ladies out there are red flags

Exactly why I am still single till 29 now and my younger bro just got married.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ogundex:

What year was this? Must be recent?

This happened 2021.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by kezienaira: 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Ogundex(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

This happened 2021.
tot as much.

Left the school many years ago. 2005 to be precise and that stadium axis used to be safe. I use to trek at od hours from the SUB down to ziks flats from outings or late nite studies.
Things must have changed grin

Sorry for your babe though. I can relate with the pains you felt.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ogundex:
tot as much.

Left the school many years ago. 2005 to be precise and that stadium axis used to be safe. I use to trek at od hours from the SUB down to ziks flats from outings or late nite studies.
Things must have changed grin

Sorry for your babe though. I can relate with the pains you felt.

I was surprised that they didn't allow my bike man to pass the gate.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Chetas81(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
Carcholce:
Where I come from, (Edo state) we don’t drive at night. We fly instead.
still you don't have airport for your flight
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by kezienaira: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Jones4190:
you don't even have a car chinedu

Even your father disagree with this Olaniyi.
And with your strong head like Monday hammer what do you know about cars?🀣
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Ogundex(m): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

I was surprised that they didn't allow my bike man to pass the gate.

Once its 10pm then, bikes are no longer allowed into the school. The school then use DF to have there own bikes with aprons which is allowed within the school premises. Any non registered bike will only stop you at the gates
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by christejames(m): 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ogundex:

Once you mentioned stadium,I knew it is UNN.

Were u trekking towards green gate or ziks flats?

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Ziks flats precisely Franko

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by christejames(m): 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

You should have entered UNN Shuttle at the gate side there or wait for the shuttle. Well, thank God for that your friend who came out of the blues to save the day.

Yeah, it's Hill Top just after St Peter's Chaplaincy.

Mehn, your friend told you the truth about pharmacy girls, those girls have got some pride in them since they are the only major medical discipline in Nsukka campus. I bet she was just influenced by her peers who've got so much ego... Me no too get their time. Not just pharmacy, almost all the professional discipline in UNN, their girls get too much ego... In short, an average UNN girl has that pride. But hay, they are still handful of discipline and upright girls in UNN which one can vouch for.

Your experience just stares me in the eyes while reading it because I can picture everything you mentioned.

Sorry about your lose bro, it happens sometimes... Even me, UNN student then chop my first breakfast from a fellow student. My own story dey somehow sha grin grin grin... God dey and we still dey manage.

Hope you never got back to her and you are now doing better?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Refusal Of UK Study Visa / Employed But Relocating To Canada, Candid Advice Needed! / I Have 2m Naira, Please Which European Country Can I Relocate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.